Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Room Challenge

Comments

• feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Barbara just finished the 25 paintings in the painting aspiration
    11_15_14_8_00_PM_2.png
    upload photo
  • MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited September 2015
    I just started playing my own version of this challenge :D I say 'version' because I'm totally cheating by having 2 sims instead of 1. I tried it with 1 and I was sooo bored & frustrated! I know the point of a 'challenge' is it should be difficult but I wasn't having any fun so I decided to add a 2nd :) I think it will still be challenging enough.

Here's a link to my simblr 'Room Challenge' posts if anyone's interested: http://mandyssims.tumblr.com/tagged/Room-Challenge/chrono

tumblr_nu88usW1Jv1uzdhdeo1_1280.png
    Meet Laria Lime as she embarks on the adventure of a lifetime! Laria has been sent to Earth from her mother planet of Sixam to complete one goal: Prepare an underground laboratory and home base for her fellow aliens without being detected by the barbaric human clan that inhabit the surface of the planet.

09-05-15_5-34nbspPM.png
    Miyu just got out of a long-term relationship & is completely heartbroken. She decided she needed to get away…FAR away…& after hearing how lonely her B.F.F. is on planet Earth, she decided to pack up & start a new life there with her!

Here's there little 8X8 underground bunker :)
    09-06-15_1-22nbspAM.png
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • LibrarianSimmerLibrarianSimmer Posts: 67 Member
    > @Letty91 said:
    > have2admit wrote: »
    >
    > Letty91 wrote: »
    >
    > I'm not keeping track of points, just doing the challenge for fun. So far I have maxed cooking and programming. Here is a look at my "room". The three rooms in the back are all galleries for different types of paintings - not accessible to mr Jorb of course!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I would love to see what everyone else's "room"s look like :smile:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > lol How did you manage to get trash plants outside? :D
    >
    >
    >
    > Honestly I wish I could tell you LOL. I even put a garbage can outside and hired a one time maid - to no avail. He just stood there and charged me $120 for nothing. The garbage plants were left standing :neutral:
    >
    > I ended up making my mailbox enclosure a tiny bit bigger just so I could get my sim to throw them away - the green stench animation was driving me bonkers!

Letty91, all you have to do about the trash plants is go into buy mode, pick them up, and sell them. =)
    > @Southernbelle1283 said:
    > She's quite the painter.
    >
    > But she tends to look longingly at people passing by.
    >
    > Upgraded a bunch of stuff in the house.
    >
    >
    > End of Week 5 Stats
    > Cash on hand: 20779
    > House Worth: 66524
    > Aspiration Points: 40 (2nd Tier Painter, Completed Author, 1st Tier Nerd Brain, 1st Tier Mansion Baron)
    > Skills Maxed: 3 (Cooking, Painting, Writing)
    > Daily Royalties from Books: 4558
    >
    > Total Points so far: 135
    >
    > I'm home sick so I might be able to knock this out by the end of the day.

I love this house! Did you make it or borrow it from the gallery? I want it! =)
    > @Southernbelle1283 said:
    > Been working on the REAL house:
    >
    > Front
    >
    > Back
    >
    > I can't part with so many of the paintings!

I know! I have kept so many of her paintings and I'm just realizing that has really hurt my progress, because they are not counting towards the value of the house!
  • JayceMarvelJayceMarvel Posts: 42 Member
    I'm having too much fun with this and forgetting the challenge aspect. I'm 28 days in with only 2 skills maxed, and only level 2 of Nerd Brain completed. My social bar, however, hasn't even gone into the yellow range once. I gotta say, "insane" is a remarkably handy trait for this challenge. It can keep you safe until talking to plants is an option. You can also talk to yourself while doing quite a lot of other things, including the computer social actions. I kind of wish I hadn't chosen "childish" as well. Both of those together are overkill.
  • idamiljeidamilje Posts: 6 New Member
    Ive been playing for about 4 sim-days and my sim is already depressed bc the social bar is completely at the bottom :/
  • katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    I thought Insane would be helpful when I first started since you could talk to yourself, but the unpredictability eventually became a nuisance.

I also do NOT recommend the Neat trait for this.
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
  • JayceMarvelJayceMarvel Posts: 42 Member
    SMH...Just noticed that the room I've been playing in was 8x9. Guess I'm going to have to start over...and actually count carefully this time.
  • CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    edited October 2015
    Challenge accepted!! and as for the mailbox thing... your sim doesn't need access to it.. they can pay bills from their phone! The only thing is that you can't get the postcards from your penpals..
    2ynjgg8.png
  • symuxsymux Posts: 10 New Member
    Great challenge, I accept. My sim is Carlisle with the traits active, good, and perfectionist. He lives in an underground bunker 8x8 with a 4x3 swimming pool, a 2x3 bedroom, and a 2x3 bathroom. He also has a decent kitchen with a center island that serves as a table, cook prep surface, and a place for his computer.

He makes most of his money by growing the ten plants, but he couldn't grow trees inside the bunker. Rats. He also works on the computer as a programmer, and writer.

He has lived 25% of his young adult life, and only has 3.6k to show for it. He isn't worried, because he plans to buckle down and learn to paint...maybe. I'm playing on Long lifespan, because I enjoy half-dictating their lives, and half letting them run free to see what they do. Due to that, he would never finish the challenge on normal. :)

His main skills are...

Gardening 7
    Programming 7
    Fitness 4 - If left on his own, this would be his highest score. He always goes for a swim.
    Cooking 3 - seasonings would help so much, but he is stuck with the same veggies. Who can get inspired by that?
    Wellness 3 - Yoga is a great way to get his mind focussed - an 8 hour buff.
  • symuxsymux Posts: 10 New Member
    Well, Carlisle didn't make the goal, but he died a wealthy and happy sim. Time to try again with another, and maybe this time less focus on gardening.
  • rabidkitty07rabidkitty07 Posts: 416 Member
    edited December 2015
    Well after 38 days I completed my sim's first aspiration of best selling author. I hope it's OK I haven't been doing a spread sheet like other people have. Her name is Kylee Cronan and she is available for download under my origin id GalacticKat.

*Note* I started with a 7×7 room because the rules said no larger than an 8x8. But now made her home an 8x8 as reward to her for completing first aspiration. I wish I had thought to take a picture before starting challenge.
    Post edited by rabidkitty07 on
    My Origin ID: rabidkitty7

• Redliner1960Redliner1960 Posts: 88 Member
    I have been reading what you great Simmers have been up to in my absence... very entertaining indeed. I have came back to the Sims for a bit and am considering what I want to do on my jump back in... but I need to get a feel for what has changed before making my decision.

I just had to check in here because this was by far my favorite challenge!
  • AntonGladerAntonGlader Posts: 54 Member
    Challenge Accepted! I come back to you when I had a start up of this challenge! It sounds like fun.
  • LadyEmperorSimsLadyEmperorSims Posts: 56 Member
    I'm going to give this one a try as I'm bored with the game, but not so bored I want to invest in a Legacy. I just wanted to add to the discussion that one week into my game I accidentally found a "cheat" of sorts. I have the new expansion Get Together and discovered that I could join a club without leaving the house. This gave me friends and really reduced the challenge level because now I have people to phone up and my social levels are easily maintained doing that. I think I'll continue on, but thought you might want to make a judgement about using clubs for future players. I don't know yet if I will be kicked out of a club after a while for never meeting up with them and participating in activities...? It also seems like it would *really* be cheating to create my own club to get even more friends or join multiple clubs at a time. I'm going to stick with the three people I gained from my mistake.
    44273859985_b98b615a44_o.jpg
    Find me at the Gallery HERE
    See my screencaps at Flickr HERE
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    I'm going to give this one a try as I'm bored with the game, but not so bored I want to invest in a Legacy. I just wanted to add to the discussion that one week into my game I accidentally found a "cheat" of sorts. I have the new expansion Get Together and discovered that I could join a club without leaving the house. This gave me friends and really reduced the challenge level because now I have people to phone up and my social levels are easily maintained doing that. I think I'll continue on, but thought you might want to make a judgement about using clubs for future players. I don't know yet if I will be kicked out of a club after a while for never meeting up with them and participating in activities...? It also seems like it would *really* be cheating to create my own club to get even more friends or join multiple clubs at a time. I'm going to stick with the three people I gained from my mistake.
    @LadyEmperorSims The Clubs are a great tip for making friends. The Garden Club especially comes in handy for home gardens. Start a Club Gathering at your home lot for a well tended garden. Fair Warning ... they will also Harvest your plants!
    @katoregama created this challenge with the idea of a Sim surviving all on their own with no actual social interactions with other Sims.
    I find the generic "Chat" or "Troll teh Forums" actions on the computer help satisfy this need. The Microphone to "Tell Jokes" also works.

• AspinavAspinav Posts: 2 New Member
    How did any of you finish the painter aspiration without leaving the house? Don't you have to view paintings at the museum?
  • sasuxnaruxsakusasuxnaruxsaku Posts: 41 Member
    o:) I am so going to try this. It really cool and It my first time logging in on here o.o
    Origin ID: sasuxnaruxsaku
    Sims 3 Acc: narusasulover16
    SimsAmino: https://aminoapps.com/c/sims/page/user/sasukexnaruxsakura/bNJH_Gf0140r5DwDqVz035dVBEqbJ62
    sims_forums_signature_by_narusasulover16-dcbvagx.png

• AspinavAspinav Posts: 2 New Member
    Finished! That was much harder than I thought it would be. Final score of 161 :) Not brilliant but not bad for a first go.
  • CriminalMintCriminalMint Posts: 5 New Member
    [quote="Aspinav;14566240"]How did any of you finish the painter aspiration without leaving the house? Don't you have to view paintings at the museum?[/quote]

if you're reading the older posts on this thread (like from 2014) it's because at that time viewing paintings in a museum was not a part of the aspiration.

playing today one wouldn't be able to fully complete this aspiration for this challenge.
  • Gingerperson1Gingerperson1 Posts: 1 New Member
    How do you keep there social up? are you allowed to chat on the computer
  • cully_ccully_c Posts: 655 Member
    @Gingerperson1 yeah, you can chat on the computer, use the microphone, talk to plants. As long as you don't actively leave the building in search of friends.
  • lopollalopolla Posts: 4 New Member
    This sounds awesome! I only have sims 3 though, is there a version for sims 3? :)
  • RollTide156789RollTide156789 Posts: 34 Member
    I've just completed this challenge. I got a score of -2 :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top