Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin won't go online despite having an internet connection

Probably not about TS4, but I still have trouble opening to Origin, and my proxy is unchecked, no malware and ran Origin as an admin. Is there a way to go online?

And no, I'm not deleting Origin. If that's my last resort, I'll do it.
I'm back!

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Probably not about TS4, but I still have trouble opening to Origin, and my proxy is unchecked, no malware and ran Origin as an admin. Is there a way to go online?

And no, I'm not deleting Origin. If that's my last resort, I'll do it.

Please don't delete/uninstall Origin! If you choose to install it back, you would get the "you must be online the first time to log in" and that is something you don't want to see, cuz you won't be able to even play your game.

I have this problem for like a month now. And I'm still trying to figure out the problem. Can you do the speedtest and post the result?
    http://www.speedtest.net/

I have a suspicion that a high PING could cause Origin to have problems.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • CoffeeBeanPopcornCoffeeBeanPopcorn Posts: 1,587 Member
    Well, I restarted my computer and that seemed to fix it.
    I'm back!
  • SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    I learned that sometimes I forgot to close it the last time I used it and it will be in the hidden icons section already open. When that is not the case shutting down and re-starting like the OP did is usually the fix for it.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • charlottefarecharlottefare Posts: 1 New Member
    i had this problem but just logging out then in again fixed it. :)
  • GottesfrendeGottesfrende Posts: 47 Member
    After some considerable amount of time testing the game, it appears that the ability to connect in-game is directly linked to the number of CC you have. I cleaned caches on my computer, restarted my computer, repaired the game (several times) and I even put the Electronic Arts folder on my desktop to make the game recreate the folder and then started putting back CC one folder at a time. It was upon doing this that I found that this is the case. I have two folders that combined have about 800+ packages in them. If I just have those two alone in my Mods folder, I can connect. If I put all the others back, and take out the majority of the packages in the other two folders, I also can reconnect (but that is only about 33 items). So, by my calculation, if I go above 1,900 CC items, then I can't connect in-game to the downloadable content. I have my game and Origin updated, and all the expansion packs and stuff packs.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    After some considerable amount of time testing the game, it appears that the ability to connect in-game is directly linked to the number of CC you have. I cleaned caches on my computer, restarted my computer, repaired the game (several times) and I even put the Electronic Arts folder on my desktop to make the game recreate the folder and then started putting back CC one folder at a time. It was upon doing this that I found that this is the case. I have two folders that combined have about 800+ packages in them. If I just have those two alone in my Mods folder, I can connect. If I put all the others back, and take out the majority of the packages in the other two folders, I also can reconnect (but that is only about 33 items). So, by my calculation, if I go above 1,900 CC items, then I can't connect in-game to the downloadable content. I have my game and Origin updated, and all the expansion packs and stuff packs.

hi @Gottesfrende can you confirm for me its any pieces of cc or is it the same 33 pieces? i have over twice the amount of CC in my mods folder and can still connect to origin online with them all in my mods folder.

and can you confirm for me which on line options you cant connect to, is it just origin store or is it also gallery
    It is the gallery--the "downloadable content" icon that gives the message that I need to be connected to the internet to access. When I press to connect, it just spins and comes back and says it can't do so, even though I am clearly connected. Origin connects just fine at start up. I can connect to Origin. It is not the same pieces, but rather appears to be the number of pieces. I tried taking out various CC, etc., but the same problem. I also went in and added both Origin and Sims 4 to my Firewall to allow incoming connections... same thing. If I have no more than 1900 CC in the folder then I can connect.
    It is the gallery--the "downloadable content" icon that gives the message that I need to be connected to the internet to access. When I press to connect, it just spins and comes back and says it can't do so, even though I am clearly connected. Origin connects just fine at start up. I can connect to Origin. It is not the same pieces, but rather appears to be the number of pieces. I tried taking out various CC, etc., but the same problem. I also went in and added both Origin and Sims 4 to my Firewall to allow incoming connections... same thing. If I have no more than 1900 CC in the folder then I can connect.

so very odd. i confirmed last night i have almost three times the amount of CC and can log in the store at main screen, can you confirm for me your processor and video card. i wonder if its hardware issue.
    Mac Pro (Mid 2012), Processor 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon with 32 GB RAM. 2x ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB Graphics Cards
    Mac Pro (Mid 2012), Processor 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon with 32 GB RAM. 2x ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB Graphics Cards

ok because you play on a mac its probably better to confirm in the mac section http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-on-mac-discussions there isn't a mac specific issue at play
    Yes, I posted to that section, but did so here as well in case the problem was on PC platform as well... Thanks for trying to troubleshoot though.
  • jaedoolityjaedoolity Posts: 15 New Member
    I had the same issue. I by chance exited out of the game, went to Origin, and clicked on the 'Origin' in the top left corner. Scroll down and log out. When you log back in it solves the problem! Turn your game back on and you're problem is solved!! Or at least it was for me! Hope this helps!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    jaedoolity wrote: »
    I had the same issue. I by chance exited out of the game, went to Origin, and clicked on the 'Origin' in the top left corner. Scroll down and log out. When you log back in it solves the problem! Turn your game back on and you're problem is solved!! Or at least it was for me! Hope this helps!

Hello.
    Thankyou for posting what helped to fix the issue in your game. :)
  • kelsiannmkelsiannm Posts: 15 New Member
    I have done everything possible to try and connect to the galley- I have made sure my origin email is verified, checked my firewall settings, made sure I was online in origin, made sure I was connected to my Wi-Fi, I ran both Origin and Sims 4 itself as administrator, I exited origin and logged back in, I repaired my sims 4 game, and I only have under 100 CC. The gallery for me hasn't worked since I have gotten the game which was in April of this year, any ideas on what is going on?? (Also, I am above 15 years of age so it isn't an age issue). PLEASE HELP!
    edited June 2016
    kelsiannm wrote: »
    I have done everything possible to try and connect to the galley- I have made sure my origin email is verified, checked my firewall settings, made sure I was online in origin, made sure I was connected to my Wi-Fi, I ran both Origin and Sims 4 itself as administrator, I exited origin and logged back in, I repaired my sims 4 game, and I only have under 100 CC. The gallery for me hasn't worked since I have gotten the game which was in April of this year, any ideas on what is going on?? (Also, I am above 15 years of age so it isn't an age issue). PLEASE HELP!

Hello @kelsiannm .
    Are you getting an error message when trying to go into the gallery, and what does the message say?

Try moving your mods folder to the desktop, then launch the game and see if you can go onto the gallery.
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @kelsiannm .
    Are you getting an error message when trying to go into the gallery, and what does the message say?

Try moving your mods folder to the desktop, then launch the game and see if you can go onto the gallery.

When I try to enter the gallery, it says that it cannot connect, and when I click connect, it loads then freezes and says that connection failed
    edited June 2016

Hello @kelsiannm .

When I try to enter the gallery, it says that it cannot connect, and when I click connect, it loads then freezes and says that connection failed

Hello.
    Try going to game options in-game and check that the online access button is ticked.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling origin and see if that helps.

Hello @kelsiannm .

Hello.
    Try going to game options in-game and check that the online access button is ticked.

I just tried it and it still hasn't worked

Hello @kelsiannm .

Hello.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Try to access the gallery and see if you can connect.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

Hello @kelsiannm .

Hello.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

That didn't work either. I haven't gotten to explore the gallery once since I purchased the game

Hello @kelsiannm .

Hello.

That didn't work either. I haven't gotten to explore the gallery once since I purchased the game

Hello
    Are you able to access your library? If you are, is there a community label beside it?

Hello @kelsiannm .

Hello.

Hello
    Are you able to access your library? If you are, is there a community label beside it?

Yes I am able to access my library but when I click on the community tab it says connection is required and I click connect but it just loads for a second, freezes, and said connection failed
    edited June 2016

Hello @kelsiannm .

Hello.

Hello

Yes I am able to access my library but when I click on the community tab it says connection is required and I click connect but it just loads for a second, freezes, and said connection failed

Hello
    Try clean booting your computer then try connecting to the gallery.
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/