Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Did I Just Pay $10 For?

Comments

• CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member
    Ask for a refund

2ur6oeu.gif

and good luck
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm one of the of the people on here who love this pack especially for the new flowers,fountain,wishing wells,benches etc. After Spooky Stuff this is my most favorite.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited February 2016
    People have a right to complain if they bought something they don't like or they don't want to buy something they don't like, they have their right to voice their opinion about it. Some people have given EA a lot of money and don't feel they have gotten their moneys worth. They have a right to tell EA how they feel. Just above you were complaining about the sims 3 store. I personally like the sims 3 store better than anything that TS4 has put out in a pack or put out in the game and why I stopped playing or buying anything for TS4. At least with the sims 3 store you can pick and choose what you want and I would rather spend my money to pick and choose what I want individually. The EPs gave a lot more too. That's just my opinion and you don't have to agree with it.

I will say the TS4 section of this forum is toxic people always attacking each other because one doesn't like something in the sims 4 or visa versa. At least the sims3 section of the forum is mostly civil with the occasional TS3 basher looking to start a fight
    I never said I didn't like the sims 3 store because I do I love all the stuff I have I just hate how overpriced it was. I agree its toxic in TS4 part of the forums but to complain to have clutter in your game because you only wanted a few things in the stuff pack is ridiculous. I have spent tons of money on this franchise also so I have a right to my opinions to. I agree the content in the EP should be more and I didn't really like the first EP it was't what I really wanted but I bought it for the content in it. So when people complain that they only wanted a couple thing they wanted it getting to point that buyer beware. I spent thousands of dollars in that store to and plus all the EP and SP.

No it really isn't ridiculous. When I had all of my TS3 content loaded, all EPs, all SPs except KPST and the majority of the store it was a lot of content to go thorough. I spent more time looking for things than actually building. I also learned that after using items once I never used the majority of them again and it was a valuable lesson.
    Post edited by SimStaffBethelle on
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited February 2016
    People have a right to complain if they bought something they don't like or they don't want to buy something they don't like, they have their right to voice their opinion about it. Some people have given EA a lot of money and don't feel they have gotten their moneys worth. They have a right to tell EA how they feel. Just above you were complaining about the sims 3 store. I personally like the sims 3 store better than anything that TS4 has put out in a pack or put out in the game and why I stopped playing or buying anything for TS4. At least with the sims 3 store you can pick and choose what you want and I would rather spend my money to pick and choose what I want individually. The EPs gave a lot more too. That's just my opinion and you don't have to agree with it.

I will say the TS4 section of this forum is toxic people always attacking each other because one doesn't like something in the sims 4 or visa versa. At least the sims3 section of the forum is mostly civil with the occasional TS3 basher looking to start a fight
    I never said I didn't like the sims 3 store because I do I love all the stuff I have I just hate how overpriced it was. I agree its toxic in TS4 part of the forums but to complain to have clutter in your game because you only wanted a few things in the stuff pack is ridiculous. I have spent tons of money on this franchise also so I have a right to my opinions to. I agree the content in the EP should be more and I didn't really like the first EP it was't what I really wanted but I bought it for the content in it. So when people complain that they only wanted a couple thing they wanted it getting to point that buyer beware. I spent thousands of dollars in that store to and plus all the EP and SP.

No it really isn't ridiculous. When I had all of my TS3 content loaded, all EPs, all SPs except KPST and the majority of the store it was a lot of content to go thorough. I spent more time looking for things than actually building. I also learned that after using items once I never used the majority of them again and it was a valuable lesson.
    Thats true but the point is that SP are the store and we can't pick and choose what we want to add to our game if we just wanted a couple of things in the SP and don't want the rest isn't it better to say I won't buy it. Thats not really worth it to me to have the extra content for a couple things I really want. As opposed to buying the SP and say its a waste because I only wanted those certain item the rest will just clutter my game. Its more weigh the good parts of what you really want to spend your money on for your game and don't buy something you know you won't use just because its tempting with the few items you want. If that makes any sense.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited February 2016

I agree that the store is expensive however People will open their wallet for things they want. EA will also let you watch videos to get free sim points. People gift the store to each other. I just bought whatever I wanted in the store a little at a time. Was it you that mentioned you bought this pack mostly for the hair? What I love about the store is you can pick and choose which hair you want separate from buying a pack . I also love buying different worlds. Some of them came with some awesome things so for me it was worth it. I love playing different worlds and how all of them are different. I like changing worlds and having different scenery when I play. I also love to build

I can understand why some people may only want certain things in the pack and not others. I dont complete every set I have of things in the sims store. There are somethings I wanted and somethings I didn't. I dont like that TS4 is putting game play in packs that should have come with EPs like they did in previous games, like hot tubs . I know the wishing well and the sauna came with worlds from the store in TS3 but you got a world , build items, clothes hair, etc.
    edited February 2016
    [quote="phoebebebe13;14562840

I agree that the store is expensive however People will open their wallet for things they want. EA will also let you watch videos to get free sim points. People gift the store to each other. I just bought whatever I wanted in the store a little at a time. Was it you that mentioned you bought this pack mostly for the hair? What I love about the store is you can pick and choose which hair you want separate from buying a pack . I also love buying different worlds. Some of them came with some awesome things so for me it was worth it. I love playing different worlds and how all of them are different. I like changing worlds and having different scenery when I play. I also love to build

I can understand why some people may only want certain things in the pack and not others. I dont complete every set I have of things in the sims store. There are somethings I wanted and somethings I didn't. I dont like that TS4 is putting game play in packs that should have come with EPs like they did in previous games, like hot tubs . I know the wishing well and the sauna came with worlds from the store in TS3 but you got a world , build items, clothes hair, etc. [/quote]I buy the stuff for TS4 mostly for the hair. In TS3 I had tons of CC hair so it really didn't matter I thought the TS3 hair was ugly. I liked that you could get certain things you wanted but most of the time I had to buy the entire set to get that certain item. Though I disliked most of the clothes in the game I still like the one item I really wanted. So I have done the same thing before. But I never came on here on said that that set was not worth it to get the items I wanted.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Yeesh. This thread's not exactly the most... constructive. OP, if you did spend your money on this pack and felt it's not satisfying, then that's your opinion. But if you made the purchase without actually doing any research or even waiting for something, people can criticize on your decision to do so, whether or not you liked the pack. Coming back to a burger analogy posted on this thread, the difference is that every burger can very in quality, while you know what's in the pack and whether or not you will utilize it. A better analogy would be if you're buying a set of furniture that has every single item laid out for you, and the quality is consistent. If you don't like any of the furniture, you shouldn't buy it, but if you do like the furniture and you know you would use it, then go ahead and buy it. If you know that you won't like any of the furniture, then don't buy it!
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited February 2016
    If I wouldn't use an item(s) why is that not a waste of money? I haven't bought any of the SPs yet because they just aren't worth it to me. If someday they put them on one of their BOGO sales I might. I don't know. With Spooky Stuff I might have bought it for the carving station but I thought the rest of the pack was pretty silly. The furniture, tombstones and wall coverings were just cartoonish to me. I might have bought the ice cream marker but I didn't like the rest of the pack. I'm sorry but I'm not paying 9.99 for just one premium item.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Dylan.WalshDylan.Walsh Posts: 115 Member
    As a player of the Sims since 2000 I can say that at this point the franchise is not doing great. There are a lot of players who are not playing the game anymore. More players are playing but the are not happy with the stuff packs. I just believe that we should respect the opinion of each of us.
  • AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited February 2016
    If I wouldn't use an item(s) why is that not a waste of money? I haven't bought any of the SPs yet because they just aren't worth it to me. If someday they put them on one of their BOGO sales I might. I don't know. With Spooky Stuff I might have bought it for the carving station but I thought the rest of the pack was pretty silly. The furniture, tombstones and wall coverings were just cartoonish to me. I might have bought the ice cream marker but I didn't like the rest of the pack. I'm sorry but I'm not paying 9.99 for just one premium item.

If you didn't buy any of the SPs since they aren't worth it to you, then that is perfectly fine.

I think the main problem here is you can have players who just buy the content for collections sake, not touch the content and decide to say it's worth nothing without knowing fully what they were paying for. I consider that a waste of money as another simmer could have enjoyed that pack in their game.

I'm saddened that we won't see many sales on SPs for a long time as so far only GPs and EPs have gone on sale. :\

I'm also not thrilled that we don't have the store content so we can pick and choose individual items, but there were drawbacks too considering they were going to a point where you have to buy Worlds/Venues/Sets that aren't sold separately (I was not a happy camper when that started happening).

On the bright side, you can skip the stuff pack if you don't like it so kudos for not buying a stuff pack and still continue playing your game happily! ^_^

(Side Note: This is not sarcasm, and i hope it doesn't come across like that).
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited February 2016
    I just don't understand why you'd throw your money at an SP you didn't find that appealing in the first place. If I'm on the fence about something I wait until reviews come out about it. I did that with GT and was happy because although I loved the EP in the end, I would've been angry had I bought it 'just because' when it first came out and ended up hating it. This is where self control and patience come in handy in real life and not wasting your money unnecessarily.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i think some simmers need to ask them selves that question why did i purchuse the sims4 on the first place? me as a simmer i will tell you my answer because for me its diffrent and all new storys and how many sims games combines the sims2 premades in the same game ummmmmm
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member

I agree that the store is expensive however People will open their wallet for things they want. EA will also let you watch videos to get free sim points. People gift the store to each other. I just bought whatever I wanted in the store a little at a time. Was it you that mentioned you bought this pack mostly for the hair? What I love about the store is you can pick and choose which hair you want separate from buying a pack .

The store wasn't expensive it was overpriced. $5 for one object and then another 25-50cents for everything else. Also you could buy hairs separately but if you wanted a lot of PC items like the massage table from Sunlit Tides or the surfboard, you had to buy the entire pack to get them, so there's nothing new there. Oh except now you don't have to pay the price of a full EP for one world and not much else and that the SPs are actually worth buying now unlike how they were during TS3's era.
    I dont like that TS4 is putting game play in packs that should have come with EPs like they did in previous games, like hot tubs . I know the wishing well and the sauna came with worlds from the store in TS3 but you got a world , build items, clothes hair, etc.

I don't like it either, but it's been going on for awhile and this model works better. I rather pay $10 for one or two good gameplay objects and some clutter than $15 for the less content (yep looking at you TS3). Also as I said before the worlds were overpriced and should've been the price of GPs maximum, yet EA charged EP prices for them which was highway robbery in my mind.

I agree that the store is expensive however People will open their wallet for things they want. EA will also let you watch videos to get free sim points. People gift the store to each other. I just bought whatever I wanted in the store a little at a time. Was it you that mentioned you bought this pack mostly for the hair? What I love about the store is you can pick and choose which hair you want separate from buying a pack .

The store wasn't expensive it was overpriced. $5 for one object and then another 25-50cents for everything else. Also you could buy hairs separately but if you wanted a lot of PC items like the massage table from Sunlit Tides or the surfboard, you had to buy the entire pack to get them, so there's nothing new there. Oh except now you don't have to pay the price of a full EP for one world and not much else and that the SPs are actually worth buying now unlike how they were during TS3's era.
    I dont like that TS4 is putting game play in packs that should have come with EPs like they did in previous games, like hot tubs . I know the wishing well and the sauna came with worlds from the store in TS3 but you got a world , build items, clothes hair, etc.

I don't like it either, but it's been going on for awhile and this model works better. I rather pay $10 for one or two good gameplay objects and some clutter than $15 for the less content (yep looking at you TS3). Also as I said before the worlds were overpriced and should've been the price of GPs maximum, yet EA charged EP prices for them which was highway robbery in my mind.

Everyone sees it differently. I dont see it as better. I would not pay $10 for one item or two . It adds up if there is one or two items in each pack you want at $10 a piece . I wanted hot tubs but wont pay $10 for something that should have came in an EP. At least with the worlds I wanted everything in it . Like I mentioned before there is a way to get free sim points for watching videos. People have gotten worlds that way and other items from the store with free simpoints. People gift things to others too. You can also buy things when they are much cheaper with deals and sales. You also have the option to uninstall things you dont want or not install them from the store that you bought. I sometimes install things use them and then choose to uninstall them to keep my game less cluttered. At least I have the option to do that.

Thank you the store was overpriced and yes if you wanted certain things they came in sets or a world to get them. Exactly my point.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    From someone who spent Thousands of Dollars on The Sims 3 Store in gifts, purchases and reviewed almost every store set, venue, and world from 2012 and onward:

The Sims 3 Store was VERY OVERPRICED for what you were getting and for the very limited gameplay. They have greatly improved by changing what Stuff Packs are, but its still a work in progress.

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    AznSensei wrote: »
    From someone who spent Thousands of Dollars on The Sims 3 Store in gifts, purchases and reviewed almost every store set, venue, and world from 2012 and onward:

The Sims 3 Store was VERY OVERPRICED for what you were getting and for the very limited gameplay. They have greatly improved by changing what Stuff Packs are, but its still a work in progress.
    Thats is your opinion :)
    I agree it was very overpriced but don't think They have greatly improved by changing what Stuff Packs are personally.
    just my opinion of course!

I own all but only one of them I love as a complete PACK and miss some of the old stuff packs.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

you saying op should not have spent $10 to be dissatisfied with a pack and should not have the right to complain about it yet you spent thousands of dollars to complain about the sims 3 store being overpriced and limited in game play. OK LOL.

Everything I bought in the store I got game play out of .

edited February 2016
    marcel21 wrote: »

I agree it was very overpriced but don't think They have greatly improved by changing what Stuff Packs are personally.

I own all but only one of them I love as a complete PACK and miss some of the old stuff packs.

Stuff packs used to be just furniture and clothing and zero extra gameplay objects for $20.

They cut the price in half, reduced the item count and added extra gameplay objects.

If you're referring to the theme of the stuff packs, then that is your personal taste and I have no problem with that.

What I'm referring to as "greatly improved" is how they price and market Stuff Packs for just $10 for 1-2 extra gameplay objects and clothing/furniture.

Theme-wise I'm disappointed, but that doesn't mean the overall concept is not an improvement. It's a big step up compared to what we were given in TS3 Stuff Packs,

But I guess you ignored the "It's still a work in progress".... :neutral:
    edited February 2016

you saying op should not have spent $10 to be dissatisfied with a pack and should not have the right to complain about it yet you spent thousands of dollars to complain about the sims 3 store being overpriced and limited in game play. OK LOL.

I said the prices were overpriced. Did I say the content was all a pile of cow manure and I think the sets are all crap? No.

Please re-read the post again.

Edit: Might I add that we are in an age of "Downloadable Content" and every video game has some form of downloadable content. Everything is overpriced. Whether or not it's worth your money is up to you, simple as that.

However ignoring the term "overpriced" and thinking everything is justifiably reasonable in price baffles me.
    marcel21 wrote: »

Stuff packs used to be just furniture and clothing and zero extra gameplay objects for $20.

They cut the price in half, reduced the item count and added extra gameplay objects.

If you're referring to the theme of the stuff packs, then that is your personal taste and I have no problem with that.

What I'm referring to as "greatly improved" is how they price and market Stuff Packs for just $10 for 1-2 extra gameplay objects and clothing/furniture.

Theme-wise I'm disappointed, but that doesn't mean the overall concept is not an improvement. It's a big step up compared to what we were given in TS3 Stuff Packs,

But I guess you ignored the "It's still a work in progress".... :neutral:

why can't I have my own opinion here?

everything you posted in your post was your personal opinion.I respect your opinion. I just don't feel they have improved them personally for me!

Me responding to your post does not mean I'm putting down your opinion. Just like how you responded to my post...

I guess using the quote system seems offensive and rude and that I can't allow players to have their own opinions.... seriously.
    edited February 2016
    Me responding to your post does not mean I'm putting down your opinion. Just like how you responded to my post...

I guess using the quote system seems offensive and rude and that I can't allow players to have their own opinions.... seriously.

sorry my mistake

everything you posted on your second post did not change how I feel about it's what you call improvements and you did no need to list stuff I already know about.
    I own all the sims 3 stuff packs and all for the sims 4 but I only like the new stuff pack as a complete pack for the sims 4,when I love all the sims 3 stuff packs as complete packs so this is a reason I don't agree with your opintion about them being an improvement for me!

Happy simming :)
    Post edited by marcel21 on

I said the prices were overpriced. Did I say the content was all a pile of cow manure and I think the sets are all crap? No.

Please re-read the post again.

You stated this Quote: The Sims 3 Store was VERY OVERPRICED for what you were getting and for the very limited gameplay

I dont agree. I use all my worlds from the store and the items in them. I use the venues I bought. The items I have bought from the store are usable in adding to game play. . Im not a person who has every furniture set , every clothing et ct.. Most of the stuff I own has added game play.

and Ill say this again for the 3rd time. There are ways to get FREE SIM POINTS by watching videos. Many people have done this and gotten store items and worlds with those free sim points so you could ave done that too. Not spent thousands of dollars.

• taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    Honestly, I'm not gonna blame OP for buying something and then complaining. It's his right to do so. I completely respect his opinion. After thinking about it I am also not going to be purchasing this pack because it simply doesn't interest me and I will wait until something does. (like the next GP, perhaps.)

In my own experience, I have found that impulsive buying is a bad habit and should be put to a stop asap. You'll only set yourself up for disappointment if you just reach for your credit card the moment something new pops up and find out that it doesn't appeal to you one bit. I know not everyone likes to wait for reviews (I myself like to try stuff myself instead of listening to other's opinions) but when it comes to money you need to play it smart. I remember on this game I played awhile back a bunch of shiny new outfits came out for characters (that I never played) and because they looked "cool" I bought them $30 in total and a waste it was because I haven't used them til this day and I wish I could get a refund but you know how some companies are. :-P

I'm not trying to lecture you OP or tell you your opinion is wrong and mine is right. It's just a little bit of advice from one simmer to another. Hope you have a nice day and hopefully the next pack will tickle your fancy more. :blush:

(also sorry if you're not a "he" OP I'm just assuming. You can correct me if I'm wrong~ :p )