Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Did I Just Pay $10 For?

Comments

• TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I was going to buy it but after hearing the complaints I decided not to, the flower stuff is a little too much. I'm gonna wait this out and see how I need it.
    If you're so picky about content then I suggest you wait next time for other players to show what the pack has to offer before you decide to purchase or not. You only have yourself to blame for this one.

So, if I see a picture of a cheeseburger at a restaurant, and order it since I find it appealing, and it's served to me undercooked, that's my fault?

If the picture is of a cooked cheeseburger and you are served an undercooked cheeseburger and don't send it back, but instead post numerous complaints on Yelp, then yes, it is your fault.
    Uh...if you're served undercooked food at a restaurant, you complain on Yelp, regardless of what you do after. That's to warn other customers of that restaurant their service is improper.

This.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I was going to buy it but after hearing the complaints I decided not to, the flower stuff is a little too much. I'm gonna wait this out and see how I need it.
    If you're so picky about content then I suggest you wait next time for other players to show what the pack has to offer before you decide to purchase or not. You only have yourself to blame for this one.

So, if I see a picture of a cheeseburger at a restaurant, and order it since I find it appealing, and it's served to me undercooked, that's my fault?

If the picture is of a cooked cheeseburger and you are served an undercooked cheeseburger and don't send it back, but instead post numerous complaints on Yelp, then yes, it is your fault.
    Uh...if you're served undercooked food at a restaurant, you complain on Yelp, regardless of what you do after. That's to warn other customers of that restaurant their service is improper.

An adult would find out why the cheeseburger was undercooked (there may be a plausible reason) before trying to ruin some ones business and way of earning a living. But based on your past comments on multiple posts, yes, you would complain first and ask questions later.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member

An adult would find out why the cheeseburger was undercooked (there may be a plausible reason) before trying to ruin some ones business and way of earning a living. But based on your past comments on multiple posts, yes, you would complain first and ask questions later.
    It's not the customer's job to ensure the cooks' do their work correctly. It's none of my business why their food is undercooked. I'm not their boss. It's not my job. Customers go to restaurants to eat, not to babysit the workers.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • will681will681 Posts: 319 Member
    It also seems like this pack has less items than other packs.

Luxury party had 53 items
    Perfect patio had 45 items
    Cool kitchen had 52 items
    Spooky stuff had 72 items
    Movie Hangout had 62 items
    Romantic garden had 52 items

Excluding spooky stuff and movie Hangout, 40 to 50 items are the norm for content in stuff packs.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    will681 wrote: »
    It also seems like this pack has less items than other packs.

Luxury party had 53 items
    Perfect patio had 45 items
    Cool kitchen had 52 items
    Spooky stuff had 72 items
    Movie Hangout had 62 items
    Romantic garden had 52 items

Excluding spooky stuff and movie Hangout, 40 to 50 items are the norm for content in stuff packs.

Wow, I had no idea about the actual # of items the packs had, Thanks for sharing, and trying to get this thread back on subject. This whole conversation has gone bonkers. I get it some of you love TS4 others loath it.
    Respect others opinions! It's just a game people, RELAX.
    I am a Sims 4 criticizer, I don't hate the game but I far from love it. I usually don't bother with SP's but I wanted more plants and caved. The Wishing well is really cool, but with only a few plants and statues it really wasn't worth the $10 IMO. I don't like how they are designing these packs, it always feels like they've chopped 1 former EP or SP in half and are trying to sell it as a whole new pack.
    Another thing to be bla about in TS4, again they were so close to getting it right but then skimped again. The way of EA I guess..

giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• naughtygwennynaughtygwenny Posts: 171 Member
    I think its worth $10 but at the same time, I hate most of the items except the wishing well, the female hair, the non-flowery dress, I am glad to see more male stuff although most of it was ugly, the female child hair with the bow and a few statues and things also the fountain is alright. The flowers are way too over the top and really my main complaint is this pack doesn't scream romance to me. I would have preferred a bedroom pack or a kids pack. I will buy this one just for the few things I like but I still have not and will probably never buy the move hangout stuff, at least not at full price.
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited February 2016
    itsug wrote: »
    I do not enjoy The Sims 4, but I am still here because I enjoy the CAS and I'm waiting for this game to improve. I really don't like it when people tell me to leave because I dislike the game. I don't dislike everything about it, the general gameplay is what I can't stand. Build and CAS modes get a massive thumbs up from me.

If you enjoy the cas, then this is definetly a nice pack for ya.
    The child female outfits are quite nice, not to mention their hair. :)

I do like the CAS from what I've seen so far, but I'm not willing to spend $10 on a handful of outfits.

All I can say about that is fair enough!
    Happy Simming! :)
    Post edited by SimStaffBethelle on
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited February 2016
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Wait you are crazy if you don't think its worth 10 dollars that fountain and the wishing well its self would be worth 10 dollars easily if they had that in the sims 3 store so you are pretty much getting hair clothes and furniture free.
    I know you''re not talking to me, but...

I'd be more inclined to buy the wishing well from the store than pay for a whole stuff pack.

They can keep the hair, clothes, and furniture. I don't want them. I just want the flowers and wishing well. That's why I prefer the store over these stuff packs. So much junk and clutter in my game for the sake of having the few things I genuinely want.

I don't take stuff I don't want in real life either, even if it is free. If I don't want it, it's going in the garbage, to charity, or being burned by flames.

A gameplay item like this would have cost you 1000 Sim Points anyway, so what's the difference?

you couldn't buy all premium items from the store because some you had to buy a world or set to get them some of them
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    I mean, if you didn't like it, okay then. I think the reason there's not a lot of plants is 1) Probably time was spent on the Wishing Well and the various different outcomes, and 2) They probably expect you to repeatedly use them over again in your gardens since, plants tend to repeat, although maybe one or two flowers or even one terrain paint would have made it better.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Wait you are crazy if you don't think its worth 10 dollars that fountain and the wishing well its self would be worth 10 dollars easily if they had that in the sims 3 store so you are pretty much getting hair clothes and furniture free.
    I know you''re not talking to me, but...

I'd be more inclined to buy the wishing well from the store than pay for a whole stuff pack.

They can keep the hair, clothes, and furniture. I don't want them. I just want the flowers and wishing well. That's why I prefer the store over these stuff packs. So much junk and clutter in my game for the sake of having the few things I genuinely want.

I don't take stuff I don't want in real life either, even if it is free. If I don't want it, it's going in the garbage, to charity, or being burned by flames.

A gameplay item like this would have cost you 1000 Sim Points anyway, so what's the difference?
    I wouldn't have had to take the rest that I didn't want with it.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    aws200 wrote: »
    The SP is rather lackluster via content compared to others. If SPs ever go on sale it would be worthy of a purchase but as it stands its meh.
    lol so many trolls and fanboys in this thread harassing one guy just because he shared his opinion and it didn't match there's how pathetic of a community. Don't like it, get out.

That can be said to a lot of people... all across this forum.

[IMG]http://🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/meme/3XVBZ/but-that-s-none-of-my-business/image.png?w=400&c=1[/IMG]

Still with the name calling? How pathetic.

I do not enjoy The Sims 4, but I am still here because I enjoy the CAS and I'm waiting for this game to improve. I really don't like it when people tell me to leave because I dislike the game. I don't dislike everything about it, the general gameplay is what I can't stand. Build and CAS modes get a massive thumbs up from me.

If you enjoy the cas, then this is definetly a nice pack for ya.
    The child female outfits are quite nice, not to mention their hair. :)

I do like the CAS from what I've seen so far, but I'm not willing to spend $10 on a handful of outfits.

All I can say about that is fair enough!
    Happy Simming! :)

Happy simming to you too! :) I'm glad you enjoy it.
  • AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    Stuff Packs are not going to please everyone.

Not to mention they are a specific theme and on the day of release you can see all the items and content that comes with it. The gurus specifically said that if you don't like the pack, you are more than welcome to skip the pack until you find something you like. Everyone has different tastes.

I'm sorry but if a player blindly purchases content you know you don't want and refuse to look for the information, then complaints are unnecessary and that is the player's fault for doing so.

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    all i can say is if you only went some of the content but do not went to pay then thats what custom content is made for other wise you pay 10$ for the full package content so sometime take the time to think before buying
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    I do have to say I'd like Graham to focus on a theme and stick with it - EG if it's a "Kitchen Stuff Pack" it should have NO MORE than like 1 outfit for each gender lol like cooking aprons - and hats - or something lol.

Conversely - there should have been no clothes CAS in this and more "garden stuff". The objects are cool though quite honestly, those are great. Love the interactive fountain.

I love the SP's and prefer them over PC. I'm going to have a field day if they ever release toddlers lol
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited February 2016
    People have a right to complain if they bought something they don't like or they don't want to buy something they don't like, they have their right to voice their opinion about it. Some people have given EA a lot of money and don't feel they have gotten their moneys worth. They have a right to tell EA how they feel. Just above you were complaining about the sims 3 store. I personally like the sims 3 store better than anything that TS4 has put out in a pack or put out in the game and why I stopped playing or buying anything for TS4. At least with the sims 3 store you can pick and choose what you want and I would rather spend my money to pick and choose what I want individually. The EPs gave a lot more too. That's just my opinion and you don't have to agree with it.

I will say the TS4 section of this forum is toxic people always attacking each other because one doesn't like something in the sims 4 or visa versa. At least the sims3 section of the forum is mostly civil with the occasional TS3 basher looking to start a fight
    edited February 2016

People have a right to complain if they bought something they don't like or they don't want to buy something they don't like, they have their right to voice their opinion about it. Some people have given EA a lot of money and don't feel they have gotten their moneys worth. They have a right to tell EA how they feel. Just above you were complaining about the sims 3 store. I personally like the sims 3 store better than anything that TS4 has put out in a pack or put out in the game and why I stopped playing or buying anything for TS4. At least with the sims 3 store you can pick and choose what you want and I would rather spend my money to pick and choose what I want individually. The EPs gave a lot more too. That's just my opinion and you don't have to agree with it.

I will say the TS4 section of this forum is toxic people always attacking each other because one doesn't like something in the sims 4 or visa versa. At least the sims3 section of the forum is mostly civil with the occasional TS3 basher looking to start a fight

People have the right to complain, but as the OP said earlier, he purchased the pack without knowing what the contents were and was displeased.

I'm sorry, but I think people have the right to criticize the OP for not looking for the information or being patient.

Rushing a purchase is the OP's fault and I hope he learns not to do that again.

Sorry a smart shopper is a happy shopper, and constructive criticism on a disappointing pack is welcome, but criticizing a pack due to blind purchasing is nothing to defend for. Edit: Especially when all the content can be viewed before considering a purchase.
    AznSensei wrote: »

People have the right to complain, but as the OP said earlier, he purchased the pack without knowing what the contents were and was displeased.

I'm sorry, but I think people have the right to criticize the OP for not looking for the information or being patient.

Sorry a smart shopper is a happy shopper, and constructive criticism on a disappointing pack is welcome, but criticizing a pack due to blind purchasing is nothing to defend for. Edit: Especially when all the content can be viewed before considering a purchase.

You know LGR he buys the packs regardless of whether he likes the pack or not and yes he has complained. Poor Ralph LOL Yes he gets paid to do reviews.

Some people just have to buy everything sims because they love the sims. They want to love the game, buy everything for it and then the feel disappointed. I know plenty of people that pre-ordered this game and were disappointed. Never got their money back . EA promised things from the beginning they still have not delivered in the game.

OP had a right to buy it site unseen its his money. He also has a right to complain if he does not like what he bought. He also has the right to give negative review of what he bought. In general I have bought things that had good revues that I wound up buying and then was disappointed. Everybody has their own taste.
  • MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member

You know LGR he buys the packs regardless of whether he likes the pack or not and yes he has complained. Poor Ralph LOL Yes he gets paid to do reviews.

Some people just have to buy everything sims because they love the sims. They want to love the game, buy everything for it and then the feel disappointed. I know plenty of people that pre-ordered this game and were disappointed. Never got their money back . EA promised things from the beginning they still have not delivered in the game.

OP had a right to buy it site unseen its his money. He also has a right to complain if he does not like what he bought. He also has the right to give negative review of what he bought. In general I have bought things that had good revues that I wound up buying and then was disappointed. Everybody has their own taste.

This is very true! I looked at the content that was included and immediately thought it was a waste, but the OP took the words right out of my mouth. LOL
    MzB06 wrote: »

This is very true! I looked at the content that was included and immediately thought it was a waste, but the OP took the words right out of my mouth. LOL

Someone has to buy the pack and review it to warn others :p Seeing is better than just reading what is in it. Thats why LGR is my go to guy
    edited February 2016
    I'm sorry but there is a HUGE difference between this thread and the time and effort from REVIEWERS who spends time going through the content, making videos and whose goal is to inform the players.

There is barely any constructive criticism from this thread, nor does it have to be positive and negative.

All I see is someone who just bought the pack, spent 5 seconds playing the game and then complained about it. Compared to someone like LGR who spent probably hours going through the content, giving his positive/negative feelings about the pack and BE A GOOD REVIEWER.

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    @phoebebebe13 sometime reviews means nothing we must sometime relly on or own judgement because only us simmers can decide if it was worth the investment in the game or the sp not reviews as i clearly have no trust in reviews.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    I'm sorry but there is a HUGE difference between this thread and the time and effort from REVIEWERS who spends time going through the content, making videos and whose goal is to inform the players.

There is barely any constructive criticism from this thread, nor does it have to be positive and negative.

All I see is someone who just bought the pack, spent 5 seconds playing the game and then complained about it. Compared to someone like LGR who spent probably hours going through the content, giving his positive/negative feelings about the pack and BE A GOOD REVIEWER.

Disagree. Just because LGR has a youtube chanel and someone bought the pack and complained on here about what they bought makes no difference to me. A lot of people also read the forums not just youtube to see what is liked and disliked about the game. People can form their own opinion.

Sorry I doubt LGR spent hours ( maybe making his garden LOL ) . Lets see he bought the pack and by the end of the night he had his review up. Lets be honest there is not much in the pack to review. LGR does his reviews in a way people find amusing and can relate to but if someone just comes out and says hey I don't like this they get attacked by those who do like it. .

You know what is "not constructive" people in this thread bashing someone for their opinion of what they don't like about the game
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2016
    YungGigi wrote: »
    YungGigi wrote: »
    There's like 1 hair, ridiculous flowery clothes I'll never use, a bunch of stone chairs and some unnecessary arches. The monkey bars is cool. The fountain is a waste of space. The wishing well gave me awful outcomes unless I offered $5k. Soooo when am I supposed to get my money's worth?

You can cheat with testingcheats and make it give positive results.

Really? What's the cheat?

Type testingcheats true or on and shift click on the wishing well.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited February 2016

I never said I didn't like the sims 3 store because I do I love all the stuff I have I just hate how overpriced it was. I agree its toxic in TS4 part of the forums but to complain to have clutter in your game because you only wanted a few things in the stuff pack is ridiculous. I have spent tons of money on this franchise also so I have a right to my opinions to. I agree the content in the EP should be more and I didn't really like the first EP it was't what I really wanted but I bought it for the content in it. So when people complain that they only wanted a couple thing they wanted it getting to point that buyer beware. I spent thousands of dollars in that store to and plus all the EP and SP.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    @phoebebebe13 sometime reviews means nothing we must sometime relly on or own judgement because only us simmers can decide if it was worth the investment in the game or the sp not reviews as i clearly have no trust in reviews.

Thats very true. I dont like the sims 4 game play and you may like it. Someone may give a bad review and you may love the item they gave a bad review on. When it comes to games someone has to buy it site unseen or the rest of us wont know what we are buying. Some people are risk takers like op to buy something site unseen. Being that I dont like this game so far I do wait to see what has been issued for the game before I am willing to open my wallet.