Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 won't connect in-game to origin

Hey Everyone!

First I thought it was a overall origin connect problem but it's been a few days and still the game won't go online/connect to the gallery.
Today the should release Romantic Garden Stuff and I really want to buy it but can't if it stays like this :'( .

I've tried a few things:
-deleting origin cache files origin
-clearing up browser history and cookies
-system start-up

I really would like to put off the 'reinstall origin' option so... does anyone else have another idea? Maybe @BluebellFlora o:)?
Are there other files that can be deleted to get origin to connect TS4 again?
Tumblr username; Renorasims.

Comments

• Willemijn23Willemijn23 Posts: 54 Member
    I can download the Romantic Garden stuff pack thank god :D but still have no clue why it won't connect...
  • GottesfrendeGottesfrende Posts: 47 Member
    I'm having this problem too. I tried repair, but it leaves my game grayed out and I then can't choose "play" from within Origin until I shut it down, reopen it, and repair the game again. Even so, when I'm in game, I can't connect to the gallery. It says I'm not connected to the internet, although I am.
    > @Gottesfrende said:
    > I'm having this problem too. I tried repair, but it leaves my game grayed out and I then can't choose "play" from within Origin until I shut it down, reopen it, and repair the game again. Even so, when I'm in game, I can't connect to the gallery. It says I'm not connected to the internet, although I am.

Are you unable to start the game at all? I always start the game via the .exe file (open you spotlight/magnifying glass and type The Sims 4, if you don't have it in your toolbar already ;)) instead of in the origin app, don't know if this helps? Origin will open automatically then.
    For the last part i'm having the same problem, I have internet but somehow it won't connect...
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Try restarting your computer.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
    > @Tremayne4260 said:
    > Try restarting your computer.

Hi! did that 6 times already still it won't connect in game... :'(
    I really don't want to uninstall everything :(
    After some considerable amount of time testing the game, it appears that the ability to connect in-game is directly linked to the number of CC you have in the game. I cleaned caches on my computer, restarted my computer, repaired the game (several times) and I even put the Electronic Arts folder on my desktop to make the game recreate the folder and then started putting back CC one folder at a time. It was upon doing this that I found that this is the case. I have two folders that combined have about 800+ packages in them. If I just have those two alone in my Mods folder, I can connect. If I put all the others back, and take out the majority of the packages in the other two folders, I also can reconnect (but that is only about 33 items). So, by my calculation, if I go above 1,900 CC items, then I can't connect in-game.
    I have all the expansion packs and stuff packs installed, and my game is updated to the latest version as is Origin, btw.
    > @Gottesfrende said:
    > After some considerable amount of time testing the game, it appears that the ability to connect in-game is directly linked to the number of CC you have in the game. I cleaned caches on my computer, restarted my computer, repaired the game (several times) and I even put the Electronic Arts folder on my desktop to make the game recreate the folder and then started putting back CC one folder at a time. It was upon doing this that I found that this is the case. I have two folders that combined have about 800+ packages in them. If I just have those two alone in my Mods folder, I can connect. If I put all the others back, and take out the majority of the packages in the other two folders, I also can reconnect (but that is only about 33 items). So, by my calculation, if I go above 1,900 CC items, then I can't connect in-game.

Turns out that is indeed the problem! I temporarily took out the Mods folder (2276 package files) and started the game then it connected to the gallery! Still don't get why that happens though... what is the connection between the mods folder and connecting to the gallery? :/ Is this a bug or something else? really weird. thank god I didn't uninstalled everything yet!
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Are you running any antivirus or 3rd party firewall? If so, turn them off and try again. Check the firewall built into OS X too: Go into System Preferences > Security > Firewall, click on the lock to make changes and enter your password. Make sure Origin allows incoming connections, like this:

firewall.png
    apple-signature.png
    I did this, and added Sims 4 as well to the firewall... turned off my anti-virus, and restarted my machine... still no connection. The issue is the number of CC in the folder as far as I can determine.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    I did this, and added Sims 4 as well to the firewall... turned off my anti-virus, and restarted my machine... still no connection. The issue is the number of CC in the folder as far as I can determine.

That's interesting, thanks for clarifying :)

apple-signature.png
  • yasmint95yasmint95 Posts: 1 New Member
    how do you lower the amount of CCs then? im having the same problem, its really annoying :(
    You'll have cull your CC and figure out what you can't live without.
  • caseysims43caseysims43 Posts: 3 New Member
    I tried removing my cc and it still wont connect
    Ok, it isn't just a matter or removing your CC folder. Try removing the entire Sims 4 folder to your desktop. No, this does not mean delete it as you want to keep your saved games. This is the folder found as follows: Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4. Move it to your desktop and restart the game. No, you will not have your CC or saved games, but it will let you see if the trouble is something in your CC/Mods folder or something else had been corrupted. Start a new game and play for about an hour to see if everything connects, no odd glitches, etc.

If everything starts up fine, then it was something in your CC/mods folder. You will need to add some back a bit at a time to see if the game is ok or you need to remove some bad CC.