Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What we do not miss

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited February 2016
    It's a general discussion of features that are not missed from prior versions. It does not qualify as Feedback for Sims 4 nor Ideas for Sims 4.
    ETA : You can flag the original post or pm a moderator if you feel that strongly about it.
  • Options
    Sasquatch7Sasquatch7 Posts: 240 Member
    I don't miss shopping for clothes in Sims 2. I know there were people who really liked it and thought it added realism (and it probably does), but I never liked it.
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Sasquatch7 wrote: »
    I don't miss shopping for clothes in Sims 2. I know there were people who really liked it and thought it added realism (and it probably does), but I never liked it.

I kinda miss it, if mainly for the change room woohoo, but if you got GTW and GT, you got manniquins and closets so all works for me. Eheh.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I do not miss the repo man stealing my toilet
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    I don't miss BFBVFS.
    Ha... simmers are famous on Urban Dictionary btw:
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=BFBVFS
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Hmm, this actually made me stop and think--great discussion! :wink:

1. I don't miss routing issues and lag.
    2. I don't miss feeling I needed to have Nraas and other mods to play the game.
    3. I don't miss needing CC skin/makeup just for sims to look decent.
    4. I don't miss that darn celebrity system--such a nuisance.
    5. I don't miss not being able to visit worlds without moving.
    6. I don't miss the Sims 3 store upon reflection--wasted sooo much money.
    7. I don't miss that Imaginary Friend doll/person. Was really creepy when Sims grew up. :hushed:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    Sasquatch7Sasquatch7 Posts: 240 Member
    I don't miss roaches, either. I DO miss some of the more realistic and "bad" things, but the roaches were just toooo gross for me. In Sims 1 I read somewhere that you could name a notepad file roaches.iff and it would keep them from appearing, so that's what I did. I don't usually cheat but that was my exception!

I also don't miss cars. They just weren't important to me. I didn't dislike them, and I wouldn't mind if they returned in Sims 4 especially since a lot of people want them, but it's not something that I personally was into. I'm not into cars in real life, and I don't care about them in the game either.
  • Options
    BatmanSimmerBatmanSimmer Posts: 248 Member
    I don't miss the repo man.
    I don't miss maternity cloths
    I don't miss empty community lots.
    I don't miss zombies
    I don't miss the paparazzi
    I don't miss having to train toddles so much (I wouldn't even attempt with twins or triplets)
    I don't miss curfew

And I REALLY do not miss not being able to make Asian sims. Being Asian myself, I pretty much gave up making my family in past games, because the facial structures would look weird, and it just came out being tan sims with black hair.
    Happy Simming!
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Mightydan wrote: »
    I don't miss the forced curfew.

I do! And how to cops would arrest & bring home my troubled teen. And then i would scold and ground my terrible offspring lol.

• Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    I don't miss new papers, toddlers, repo man, social service lady, bonehilda, terrain tools, open world, the stalking ice cream truck, horses, papergirl, school bus, carpool, or even CASt anymore. I gave up on fighting for what I believed in, you will never with against this community, Maxis, or EA. Best thing to do is submit.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Wow... I find I miss what most don't miss. The mess and muss of imitation life. Happy land is not for me in the game. :(

Me too, while everyone is totally entitled to their opinion I'm super shocked at what I'm reading.

Simmers don't miss burglaries?? Roaches?? I loved reading the newspaper and seeing what was going on in my world (sp)...bassinets babies are preferred.

Makes me sad :(

• Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited February 2016
    I don't miss

Apartment buildings with just one apartment
    Rabbit holes
    Really robotic sims
    Really empty lots
    Overly priced DLC (Mainly SP's)
    Unplayable worlds (Islo Paradiso)
    Mermaids
  • Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    Where has the "What we do Miss" thread gone?
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I don't miss sims 3 ghosts. They aged, couldn't possess objects while player controlled without mods and just in general meh.

I do miss the ghost babies though. I love how ghosts are being upgraded alot in packs.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited February 2016
    Just going to say,I seen alot of people say not missing having to use CC to make sims decent.Well I do not use CC at all, not a single bit.So these sims are ugly??? I am showing premades not sims I made. :/ Maybe some people need better graphics cards.

This is Sun Young Kim a townie made by EA,the hair is 55DSL diesel set,outfit sims 3 store.

Screenshot-403_zpsfimvklvn.jpg

Another EA made sim this is a University Life townie.Chloe Mendenhall.Hair is Frightful hair set outfit is Sims 3.

Screenshot-376_zps4rdmogkz.jpg

Sunset Valley base game sim Zelda Mae wearing India inspirations set hair,outfit from sims 3 store.

Screenshot-230_zpstkqm5pph.jpg

Betty Simovitch EA townie from Riverview.

Screenshot-2147_zpsg9clro8m.jpg

EA made townie University Life

Screenshot-2075_zpsvzqd2r2y.jpg

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
    I don't miss the fire meter from the sims 3 (Xbox 360) glad I bought it for PC/Mac.
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    I don't miss newspapers at all. Like OP said, I never did anything with them until they made way too big of a mess in the front of my houses.

I don't miss the lag from the Sims 3.

I really don't miss the Sims 3 store.

I don't miss long loading screens.

I don't miss the look of the Sims from the Sims 3.

I don't miss the celebrity system. I like the idea behind it, but I didn't like how often I'd run into a celebrity and have to "impress them" just to strike up a conversation.

I don't miss having the cycle through to find the career I wanted.

I really do like the Sims 3, even though it is my least favorite of the series that I extensively played. It's just there were some things in it that I'm happy to see gone.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited February 2016
    I don't miss...
    - Curfew (especially with the police telepathically knowing where everyone is - did they have GPS tokens implanted or what?!)
    - Insanely long drives to and back from work/school
    - Forced scolding/punishments (never got Generations for this reason)
    - Toddlers (sorry) and especially visitors bringing theirs with them unannounced
    - No seperation of romance and friendship levels
    - Friendship requirements for every single job (Sims 2)
    - Babies dropped down all across town (now if only baby harassment by visitors would stop, too!)
    - Fixed clothing categories
    - Deleting sims destroying your savegame (Sim 2)
    - Having to rebuild everything manually if you want a room to be moved or a foundation to be added
    - Pudding faces
    - Parties without goals (Sims 1/2 required to socialize and keep motives up - too easy; in Sims 3 on the other hand I never understood what was required for a success party and ended up buying the Excellent host(?) trait for everybody)
    - The need for a babysitter for school age children (social workers abducted my perfectly cared for and well behaved kids from the swings in my first Sims 2 game - naturally I quit without saving and was "scarred for life" by Social Services)
    - The Nanny (basic security and sanity measure for your offspring and household items: lock the front door after having called the nanny)

I had completely forgotten about this one, but so definitely this. I liked the idea of a punishment system and I did want my parent sims to be able to dish out the punishment on their children but I wanted it to be by my terms so I could decide how strict or lax I wanted them to be (a bit like how you can choose to discipline or praise pets to encourage and discourage certain behaviours rather than it being a bizarre auto-queued action except y'know, in more depth than that because it's sims and not pets). The fact my sims' children would get an additional punishment for going to school was ridiculous.

To add to that, I also 100% do not miss the general shaming mechanic that went on in TS3. Have a child out of wedlock? Shamed. Have a couple of boyfriends? Shamed. Want to be the town bike? Shamed. I like the idea of gossip because gossip is very human behaviour but really EA, I did not need to see a popup about my sim's "shameful" behaviour - especially the whole child out of wedlock thing. Yeesh.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I don't miss just playing the game to skill up and then getting bored. I love that there is so much more to do with our sims in Sims 4. Ie. Spa, Camping, and Clubs! Those extra things outside of just playing to get a promotion really add to the game for me. :) I hope they keep adding more gamplay like that.

Not one of those are new - they were in all 3 versions, and a lot more by this time in development of the games.

The Sims 4 has way more stuff than the Sims 2 had at this time. We hadn't even hot OFB at this point.
    And the Spa and Clubs weren't to the level of detail they are in 4, and if they mean GT clubs, than that was a first!

The Sims 3 may have had more "stuff" at this point, but store clutter is the only reason why. And once you remove that, TS4 still had more.
    I can't think of a heavy gameplay orientated set that came to The Sims 3 within the first 18 months that was useful.
  • Options
    I do not miss "Room" being a motive. Like my Sim was doing FINE before they left for work, and because someone knocked my bin over you're sending me to work in a foul mood, and for some reason Room would be the one motive that would often freeze when you left, meaning your motives looked worse than what they were.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited February 2016
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I don't miss just playing the game to skill up and then getting bored. I love that there is so much more to do with our sims in Sims 4. Ie. Spa, Camping, and Clubs! Those extra things outside of just playing to get a promotion really add to the game for me. :) I hope they keep adding more gamplay like that.

Not one of those are new - they were in all 3 versions, and a lot more by this time in development of the games.

The Sims 4 has way more stuff than the Sims 2 had at this time. We hadn't even hot OFB at this point.
    And the Spa and Clubs weren't to the level of detail they are in 4, and if they mean GT clubs, than that was a first!

The Sims 3 may have had more "stuff" at this point, but store clutter is the only reason why. And once you remove that, TS4 still had more.
    I can't think of a heavy gameplay orientated set that came to The Sims 3 within the first 18 months that was useful.

I don't know. I think we've pretty much traded "store" clutter for "stuff pack" clutter at this point. One might be better value than the other but it' essentially the same business model.

If you remove the many, many stuff packs from the equation I would say based on my own feelings towards both games that TS4 is still trailing behind what TS3 had at the same point in its release schedule. Not saying that's a bad thing since IMO it is quality over quantity (though the idea of quality is something definitely open for debate because it depends on personal preference) but I don't feel as though the two games are on equal footing.

Edit: Then again the whole thing could be pretty subjective anyway. If I compared TS3's base game (at launch) to TS4's base game (at launch) I think I would have to say that while TS4 is the better experience for me, TS3 had a lot more content. Someone else though would obviously disagree with me because they enjoy different things and play the game in a different way. That kind of thing.
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »

I don't know. I think we've pretty much traded "store" clutter for "stuff pack" clutter at this point. One might be better value than the other but it' essentially the same business model.

If you remove the many, many stuff packs from the equation I would say based on my own feelings towards both games that TS4 is still trailing behind what TS3 had at the same point in its release schedule. Not saying that's a bad thing since IMO it is quality over quantity (though the idea of quality is something definitely open for debate because it depends on personal preference) but I don't feel as though the two games are on equal footing.

Well, the Sims 3 had Late Night and 50% of that is covered in the base game, Ambitions (similar to Get To Work) and WA. When you add GTW, GT, Spa Day and OR, the Sims 4 has slightly more variety and around the same content.