Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MOD REQUEST THREAD

Comments

• FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    Is there a mod that will stop random generated sims from wearing CC? I know that MCC can (or could before the most recent update), but it is/was too complicated for me to figure it out.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    Is there a mod that will stop random generated sims from wearing CC? I know that MCC can (or could before the most recent update), but it is/was too complicated for me to figure it out.

If there isn't, you could do it yourself with S4S package editor (S4S link is in my sig). The last box under the Categories tab is where you change it.

2s9dbiq.jpg

If there isn't, you could do it yourself with S4S package editor (S4S link is in my sig). The last box under the Categories tab is where you change it.

2s9dbiq.jpg
    I don't see a link for S4S editor in your sig. Also, that removed all CC from NPC sims? I am tired of them wearing stupid combinations. LOL
    Yeah it's a LITTLE link, under S4S... :) (*Most* of my sig is clickable links, now.)

Here's a direct link to the post where the Download links for S4S are... scroll down to where it says

Download
    Installer
    Zip

and grab the Installer version, it's EASY to set up.

http://sims4studio.com/thread/562/sims-studio-sugar-open-beta?page=1&scrollTo=38927

2s9dbiq.jpg
    I don't see a link for S4S editor in your sig. Also, that removed all CC from NPC sims? I am tired of them wearing stupid combinations. LOL

http://sims4studio.com/thread/562/sims-studio-sugar-open-beta?page=1&scrollTo=38927

That's a more direct link to the file... scroll down in this post to where it says:

Download
    Installer
    Zip

and choose the Installer version, it's EASY to set up, does most of the "work" for you.

It won't remove cc from sims already wearing it, I don't think (not sure), but unchecking that flag WILL keep those pieces from being used when NEW sims are made.

I don't know how much cc you have, or we're talking about (what I'm about to suggest may be more trouble than it's worth), but you *could* temporarily blacklist your cc and wait for a Cleaner run (Su, Tu, Th) for those items to be removed, but this would happen to ALL sims, not just NPCs. It would work for fixing the initial issue, but it will put you back to square one, and you'd have to reapply your cc to the valid sims you *want* wearing it after the cleaner run, and after you remove them from blacklists.

• peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    A few mods I would like (that hopefully aren't to hard)
    - stop dj npc from constantly changing styles and dry 5 seconds
    - new club activities (possible to Make in Zerbu's mod constructor or a tutorial to help me do this myself)
    - Fix custom music for certain radio stations (may be hard/ not possible)
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever

That's a more direct link to the file... scroll down in this post to where it says:

Download
    Installer
    Zip

and choose the Installer version, it's EASY to set up, does most of the "work" for you.

It won't remove cc from sims already wearing it, I don't think (not sure), but unchecking that flag WILL keep those pieces from being used when NEW sims are made.
    I clicked on the link you provided, but i got this message instead.

You do not have permission to access this thread.
    I don't know how much cc you have, or we're talking about (what I'm about to suggest may be more trouble than it's worth), but you *could* temporarily blacklist your cc and wait for a Cleaner run (Su, Tu, Th) for those items to be removed, but this would happen to ALL sims, not just NPCs. It would work for fixing the initial issue, but it will put you back to square one, and you'd have to reapply your cc to the valid sims you *want* wearing it after the cleaner run, and after you remove them from blacklists.
    I have a lot of CC. LOL I will prob just leave it be.
  • Sara74469Sara74469 Posts: 513 Member
    I'm looking for a mod that allows laptops, but not just a re-textured desktop (and re-done animations) but the ability to put it in your inventory and carry it around. It would also be nice to have the interactions to use it on the floor.
    Definitely bookmarking this in case anything comes to mind :)
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    @DameGiggsy Hi! There is a wheelchair that Sims can sit on here:
    http://sims3s.ru/objects4-wheelchair.php

Download
    Installer
    Zip

Maybe you need to be logged in? I have my page set to keep me logged in, that link works fine. (Duh, I posted it, no kidding, right?) I know you can go through the Creator Studios without being a member of s4s, but, maybe they want to know who all downloads their program?

That would be the only reason you couldn't get there that I could think of, that you either aren't a member, or aren't logged in.

Download
    Installer
    Zip

Maybe you need to be logged in? I have my page set to keep me logged in, that link works fine. (Duh, I posted it, no kidding, right?) I know you can go through the Creator Studios without being a member of s4s, but, maybe they want to know who all downloads their program?

That would be the only reason you couldn't get there that I could think of, that you either aren't a member, or aren't logged in.

Okay.. I had a bit of a brainfart and didn't realize I needed to be a member of the site you linked. I created an account. I've got it installed now, but what flag do I need to uncheck. I don't see what you mean.

Download
    Installer
    Zip

Okay.. I had a bit of a brainfart and didn't realize I needed to be a member of the site you linked. I created an account. I've got it installed now, but what flag do I need to uncheck. I don't see what you mean.

Bring up a piece of cc in S4S. On the left, under File, you want to be in Studio view (not Warehouse). On the right, 3 tabs say Swatch and Texture, Categories, and Meshes. Choose Categories.

First heading is Age and Gender Flags. Scroll down to the BOTTOM. Last heading is Part Flags. That's the one you want. Uncheck where it says Allow for Random, and that piece won't be added to any more new NPCs. There's also an "apply to all swatches" button to make it easier to disable the whole item, instead of just blacklisting (like with MC) one swatch at a time.

There is a batch cc fixer at S4S, but you'd have to look for it, I never needed it. But I think it's FOR this sort of thing, so definitely check for that. Maybe somebody who's used it will add more.
    I am so sorry. I have never used this program and there is nothing that lets me bring up CC under File. I also don't know what studio view (not warehouse) is. I am feeling super dense that I am not getting this.
    I am so sorry. I have never used this program and there is nothing that lets me bring up CC under File. I also don't know what studio view (not warehouse) is. I am feeling super dense that I am not getting this.

Something about file paths, I think you may be stuck on telling it WHERE your paths are. I got stuck there at first, I remember.

There are tons of tutorials (on everything under the sun mod/cc related, seems like!) at S4S, I'm gonna tag our resident S4S guru <3@_orangemittens_ because I bet she's got links handy. :)

I just don't have time to be more help, work soon, and trying to do a million things.
    does anyone know if there is an updated mod Orphan Children Aren't Deleted?
  • thesims2freak222thesims2freak222 Posts: 178 Member
    I don't want to get into trouble for asking for this mod but I would love to have one where our teen sims can try for baby's and get engaged to/with teens/young adults/adults and elders and also the nude mode for the young adults to elders.
    I don't want to get into trouble for asking for this mod but I would love to have one where our teen sims can try for baby's and get engaged to/with teens/young adults/adults and elders and also the nude mode for the young adults to elders.

Check your PMs.
  • AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    edited February 2016
    I would like to request a mod that can alter the amount of days/hours that a sim goes to work, so the sim can work more days/hours then the job recquires. There is something like that for active jobs, but I need a mod that changes it for the normal jobs! I am currently doing a challenge where 1 sim has to go through all careers, and all the free days are killing! They really need to have more time to ascend faster, like some kind of workaholic, lol!
  • Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    How about a mod that would allow you to create/edit a club without having to play as the sim that is the club leader? Like a master club creator/editor mod? It may not be possible, but it would make it easier for those who like to have total control over everything without having to hop from household to household to get clubs set up the way they want...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jesf8312 wrote: »
    How about a mod that would allow you to create/edit a club without having to play as the sim that is the club leader? Like a master club creator/editor mod? It may not be possible, but it would make it easier for those who like to have total control over everything without having to hop from household to household to get clubs set up the way they want...

I totally second this motion... somebody PLEASE make this mod!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, about the Master Clubs type mod, Deaderpool says it isn't something he can do from Python scripts. It's in the C++ area (I thought maybe GFX/flash, too?).

Just wanted to let you know I'd asked Deaderpool about it, and his reply.

Anybody willing to take it on?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited February 2016
    I would like a mod that stops career SP but not NPC role SP for nonplayed Sims, so I can mark a lot of my played Sims nonplayed. (By this I mean that a Sim who is a level 7 Secret Agent will stay one, but a Sim who is unemployed could be assigned to be a Bartender.)

Alternatively, I'd like to be able to mark an individual Sim "do not use for career/role SP".
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    I would like a mod that stops career SP but not NPC role SP for nonplayed Sims, so I can mark a lot of my played Sims nonplayed. (By this I mean that a Sim who is a level 7 Secret Agent will stay one, but a Sim who is unemployed could be assigned to be a Bartender.)

Alternatively, I'd like to be able to mark an individual Sim "do not use for career/role SP".

Lovely ideas. From the "better to ask forgiveness than permission" POV, I just copied this into a question for DP in MC's thread.

Sounds to ME like it's something he could add. (What's one more flag, or two?) I'm really NOT sure how much "influence" he has, or can get, over the careers stuff. But I think it's definitely worth letting HIM decide if it's a yea or nay thing. I'll let you know what he says.

Or, drop by yourself. The more the merrier! :)
    So far the news isn't good, here's what DP said:
    Not really. Right now changing/preventing the core EA story progression code from modifying careers in any way is fighting a losing battle. Hence why I'm not doing anything other than percentage employment for careers currently.

And here's my reply to that, attempting to go at it from a slightly different angle. I'm not giving up YET! :)

Even up to a flag to keep sims OUT of the career "fair"? I knew careers was a dicey area, but I was hoping the Sims control you have would be enough. No? Bummer.

Worth asking, though. Maybe someday.

I'll let you know if anything changes.

Meanwhile, this may be another one to toss out to the "any takers?" crowd of other talented modders we have doing things for Sims4.

If you're up for a challenge, this or the Master Clubs mod... either would be instant winners, IMO. :) Both would be amazing.
    Update, the news isn't good...

Originally Posted by Deaderpool (on MTS)
    Yes, because the EA code would keep trying to assign that person to a job and I'd have to keep bypassing them, over and over and it would adversely affect performance trying to repeatedly do that.

So we can pretty safely rule this out from MC. However, someone with Tuning mod experience could probably make it happen.

I had a random thought, about making "Unemployed" a valid career... sharing in case it might be a useful angle.