Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Giving gifts - So confused about this.

I need help with gift giving. I don't understand it. I got a gift in my Sims game and I am so thankful, but I have no idea who sent it or how to send a gift back. When I clicked on the button to send a gift, it said that I had no friends or that I had to make friends or something along those lines. Where do I find gifts to send and how do I make friends to send these gifts to? A little help for a newbie, please and thank you! I like getting gifts as much as gifting them, I just need to figure out what the heck I am doing!

Comments

• Options
    laurelarlaurelar Posts: 383 Member
    If you look at the top right of your sim store you should see four icons. The last one is the shopping cart. The one before that looks like a package. That should tell you who sent you the gift. You should also get an email informing you of your gift. Join us in the gifting directory thread!
  • Options
    HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    Ok, I will join the thread. I tried to give a gift back to my gift giver, but all I got was a message stating that I had no friends or that I had to make friend to give gifts. How do I make friends?
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    The in-game gift I think is from a SimStaff member as I too have gotten those every once in awhile and I can't gift them back. Right at the moment, the in-game gifting system isn't working properly. I believe ever since they did the update to the store to move the purchasing of simpoints and world bundles over to the Origin client that it broke the in-game gifting.

I also sent you a friends request over on the site. Searching for members on the TS3 site is also broken as well, so I had to go to my page and click up in the search engine where my pager address is to highlight it blue and then clicked again to un-highlight it so that I can delete my name and type in the person's name that I want and then hit enter and it takes me to their page providing that I spelt their name correctly and that they are using the same user name over there that they have on this site... :)

Here is a temp fix that one of the TS3 players discovered that works for a short time. But it's a small fix for now until the team can find the problem and fix it... :)
    Kiya_Elle wrote: »
    I have been getting this for a while now as well. What has fixed it reliably for me as long as I stay in live mode is creating a custom memory and posting it. It has to be a custom memory - normal memories don't work. And as soon as I go out of live mode - into buy or build mode, it breaks again.

To check if it works for you - try creating and posting a custom memory then bring up your player wall in-game and check your profile tab - if your game/expansions show up in the registered games section there you should be good to go.

One note - for me it is not showing everything that I have registered - only the most recently registered expansions and stuff packs. So if you registered everything a long time ago this might not work.
    Kiya_Elle wrote: »
    Everything shows as registered for me on the website as well.

What I meant was on the in-game player wall, profile tab.

Which before posting a custom memory looks like this

2fdFNNz.jpg

And after looks like this

jXfofp0.jpg

My apologies for any confusion. :)

I own all the expansions and stuff packs apart from Sweet Treats so there is a lot still missing there, including Showtime which may mean that simporting still won't work for me although I have not tested that. Basically all that is showing as registered are the expansions and stuff packs that I bought a few weeks ago during the Steam winter sale - but it does at least allow me to send gifts to my friends again.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/869139/site-saying-my-games-arent-registered#latest
  • Options
    @lisasc360 I accepted your friend request and sent you a gift. I hope it worked! :smile:
  • Options
    HSmith2016 wrote: »
    @lisasc360 I accepted your friend request and sent you a gift. I hope it worked! :smile:

Thank you... :)

• Options
    FoxyLovesKittyFoxyLovesKitty Posts: 889 Member
    You can add me as a friend as well. I usually play during the weekend and send gifts randomly to those who are in my friends list :)
  • Options
    I sent you a friend request, @FoxyLovesKitty. You didn't have anything on your wish list, I will keep an eye out to see what you would like.
  • Options
    FoxyLovesKittyFoxyLovesKitty Posts: 889 Member
    Thank you so much for wanting to gift me, but I already own most of the store :) Now that we're friends, you'll be able to gift me in game though! :)
  • Options
    I haven't tried the in-game gifting feature yet! Next time I play, I will be sure to send you something. It would be fabulous to own most of the store... lol! There are so many things I see that I would like. And of course, the ones that I really like are worth a lot of simpoints.
  • Options
    figmentzfigmentz Posts: 504 Member
    @lisasc360 A Youtuber that I watch had a similar problem with his games not showing as being registered. He made a video on how to fix it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppcJRBm81bM

simssignature_zpstlsaiz9k.jpg
  • Options
    figmentz wrote: »
    @lisasc360 A Youtuber that I watch had a similar problem with his games not showing as being registered. He made a video on how to fix it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppcJRBm81bM

Cool, thank you. I will watch it later when I'm back on my computer later today... :)