Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[BETA] The Sims 4 History Challenge

Comments

• CloudseekerCloudseeker Posts: 353 Member
    @olivianmart22 Yes, that is one of the sacrifices in regard to historical accuracy that I made in order to have a better progression in the challenge. It may change in the future though, depending on if and when I come up with a better solution :)
    34in38k.png
  • SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    Hey guys! I'll be streaming this challenge today, starting from scratch. My stream is here, for anyone interested in watching!
    Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!
  • Forever_A_SimmerForever_A_Simmer Posts: 6 New Member
    @Cloudseeker Thank you for answering! Another question (sorry): About the "Have a Sim reach the top level of the Criminal career, and have that Sim's child reach level 5 of the Criminal career" goal, wouldn't that child start the next era and therefore the goal is unable to be completed within the Roaring Twenties since era-specific goals can only be completed within that era? Or is this goal an exception? Sorry if this has already been asked and answered :)
    @Forever_A_Simmer That is true, unless it is a parent of the current generation that reaches the top level of the Criminal career, and their child reaching level 5. Or even a younger sibling of the parent, and their child. Remember that the Sims from previous Eras can contribute to the current Era's goals :)

It's difficult, but doable. That's why that goal is worth the most points :)
    34in38k.png
  • BigCatlover26BigCatlover26 Posts: 215 Member
    Since I don't have OR do you think I can apply different items in replace for those or can go without
  • UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited February 2016
    Since I don't have OR do you think I can apply different items in replace for those or can go without

I think that the challenge is completley doable without OR I did most of my prehistoric era without it.
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
    @BigCatlover26 It is possible, but not recommended. You would need to use beds and grills instead of tents and campfires, and you would need to somehow "spend" fish when cooking food on the grill.
    34in38k.png
  • johnny49johnny49 Posts: 82 Member
    Can I see some pictures of your guys Early Civilization, I'm working on mine it's rough, lol.

you can see mine on tumbler. I'm playing in Ancient Greece. http://johnny149.tumblr.com/tagged/ts4historychallengeposts

• Forever_A_SimmerForever_A_Simmer Posts: 6 New Member
    @Cloudseeker Oh yeah, I totally forgot previous generation sims can still contribute! Thank you :D
  • SomosvariosSomosvarios Posts: 17 Member
    Great idea! I am doing this challenge and it is very fun and very creative. Love build and stories and this is perfect.
    The future time will be nice to play too. Maybe apocaliptic one or starship and spacial theme or some like the sims 3 Into the future.

Thanks!

(sorry my english, my spanish is better)
    @Somosvarios Thank you, I'm glad you like it :) I have in fact been planning to add an optional Futuristic Era if they make a future-themed expansion.
    34in38k.png
  • budgie2budgiebudgie2budgie Posts: 5 New Member
    I was actaully chatting with another hc player yesterday about a futuristic era! We are both at The Old West and still enjoy the challenge very much and don't want it to end :D. Especially with GtW and the sciance career it would be a great addition to the challenge!
  • johnny49johnny49 Posts: 82 Member
    @Cloudseeker A futuristic era is a fantastic idea!!

@budgie2budgie Can't wait to see the cc you make!
  • Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    I think the Futuristic Era would be great if someone would make CC for it.
    edited February 2016
    @BigCatlover26 It is possible, but not recommended. You would need to use beds and grills instead of tents and campfires, and you would need to somehow "spend" fish when cooking food on the grill.

Okay thank you or the input I appreciate it I just buy the game
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    I'm sure I saw this challenge before and just forgot - but I found CC recently that made me think about doing a legacy that spanned different 'ages' over the course of the legacy (hence why I feel like I saw this, b/c the CC must have reminded me). So I love this. This is gong to be very helpful in laying out my future legacy (I tend to combine challenges and adapt them b/c I am terrible at following rules, hahahaa).

I have a whole backstory formed for this idea (it's a mix with an idea that one of my subscribers gave me about naming themes for my Sims - kinda created this whole strange story) but this thread is awesome for guiding the generations (ad mapping out time periods!). I haven't read all the rules for each generation but I love how you laid out the 'ages' - so def going to be a big part of my future LP. So, thank you so uch for doing this! :D

This is such a huge help! I wish I could start this now - I have so many LP's going that I'm not sure I can handle a new one yet - but this is first on my list when one ends! I have a lot of planning and setting up to do for this one so it's going to be a lot of fun. I'll def pop back in when I start!
    @BigCatlover26 Glad to be of assistance :)

@Spacey72659 That sounds awesome, I'll look forward to it :)
    34in38k.png
    UniSims wrote: »

I think that the challenge is completley doable without OR I did most of my prehistoric era without it.

Yea I just don't mind plus maybe OR isn't that bad and I might use it in regular play more than I thought I would
  • kristinepunktumkristinepunktum Posts: 166 Member
    Is there anyone else who is experiencing the same bug when it comes to other people than my two main sims, where they invite someone over, and then the visitor immediately leaves, and then fades away right then and there? It's so frustrating, because I need to get Ember pregnant, and I had a beautiful guy in mind that I found via the HC-Hashtag, but uh no.. He just ups and leaves. He keeps calling her to go to parties at the bluff and such which I of course decline because I'm recording the challenge and a DJ wouldn't be appropriate.

I'm having the hardest time getting her pregnant because everyone is so mad and in a bad mood all the time, that the flirting does more harm than good. But really - the disappearing sims are the main thing that annoys me.
    My Youtube Channel
    Current challenges: The History Challenge, the 10 Baby Mama Challenge (Sims 3) and of course; The Legacy Challenge.

kEVfgAW.jpg
    Is there anyone else who is experiencing the same bug when it comes to other people than my two main sims, where they invite someone over, and then the visitor immediately leaves, and then fades away right then and there? It's so frustrating, because I need to get Ember pregnant, and I had a beautiful guy in mind that I found via the HC-Hashtag, but uh no.. He just ups and leaves. He keeps calling her to go to parties at the bluff and such which I of course decline because I'm recording the challenge and a DJ wouldn't be appropriate.

I'm having the hardest time getting her pregnant because everyone is so mad and in a bad mood all the time, that the flirting does more harm than good. But really - the disappearing sims are the main thing that annoys me.

Mine do this all the time - I've had Sims invite mine to hang out, or even on a date, and disappear the second we get to whatever lot. I have to guess it's b/c they have a job or school and for some reason the game makes them call your Sim but when they get to the lot it's like "oh wait, got to be at work" and they leave...
    I swear it's a glitch that came with Get Together - I never really noticed it before that came out. Maybe I just notice it more b/c Sims invite you around more? I don't know...
    @kristinepunktum @Spacey72659 That is a most peculiar bug, hopefully the developers can fix it for the next patch or so. Until then, I guess you can always just go to a random lot and hope that the Sim in question happens to walk by :)
    34in38k.png
    @Somosvarios Thank you, I'm glad you like it :) I have in fact been planning to add an optional Futuristic Era if they make a future-themed expansion.

FInally got around to reading through most of the thread and - YES! I was hoping they'd add a future theme pack at some point for this very reason. My original plan was to have 10 generations in different eras (so I may or may not add some things in between the ones you've outlined - just based on CC I have - though some eras would be weird mis-mashed ones) but my back story would really work out well if the last generation was a future theme. I've been trying to think how I could do it with the CC I have, but having a theme pack would really help. I hope they add one soon.
    I'd love to see the guidelines you come up for that one too if it happens.
  • TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    @Spacey72659 i checked out your youtube channel and i really liked it! I may just binge-watch a series of yours. Im subscibing!
    @Spacey72659 i checked out your youtube channel and i really liked it! I may just binge-watch a series of yours. Im subscibing!

Aww thank you so much! That's always awesome to hear :)
    I really appreciate it. Welcome to being a Space Muffin! <- That's what I call my subscribers, hehehe.
    I hope you find a series you really like :)

I'm so excited to start this challenge - I stayed up for an hour last night (like, literally in bed still awake) telling myself the backstory for this (since mine's going a bit differently then the rules) so I could get it worked out. I may release the trailer/backstory/teaser for this one soon. I just can not wait to start!

• MartinesSimblrMartinesSimblr Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi! :) Thank you for setting up this challenge, I've not had this much fun with my game in years!

I just have a little question about the 'reach level 10 in the handiness/fishing/gardening skills' goal for the prehistoric era. The sims I chose for this is about halfway through the elder lifestage, and I'm worried he's not going to reach 3 level 10's in time. Would it be allowed to make his ghost playable, once he dies, and get the remaining skills that way (as long as it's still the prehistoric era)? Thanks in advance!

Also, just a little tip: I requested a 'no autonomous camp fire roasting' mod over on Tumblr (because my sims kept eating free hot dogs and marshmallows) and Claudiasharon made the mod for me, you can find it by googling 'claudiasharon no autonomous roast'.
    She's also made an updated version of the 'gain hygiene from swimming' mod, which you find by googling 'claudiasharon swimming tweak'. Sorry, the forum wouldn't let me post links (yet).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top