Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

thank you for the useless aspiration

2...Next

Comments

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    We have some llamas with the athletic career and SSP, and now we have the grilled cheese... Game needs more Freezer Bunnies.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    We have some llamas with the athletic career and SSP, and now we have the grilled cheese... Game needs more Freezer Bunnies.

I vote for a Freezer Bunny plush we can put in the baby bassinet !

If we have to keep the bassinet, it would be great to be able to customize it at least. Or changing the baby outfits.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Sorry OP, but I completely disagree.
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I would have to disagree @friendlysimmers , at least for my game. The grilled cheese aspiration is just something for fun, and for some, including myself, we do have particular sims that would be silly enough to try for it. As for the kleptomaniac, I see it as a great opportunity for me to enhance a criminal character of mine. He's been wanting to become a famous crime boss and has been starting at the bottom. Now he can actually start stealing stuff, even if just starting with nick nacks.

At least the cheese one is hidden as you'd need to eat I think 3 grilled cheese in a row to unlock it, so you won't see it really if your sims eat different meals and you just need to watch out for greedy townies now, which all depends on your game. Best wishes.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    Part of what I love about the series is its quirky humor and the fact it was not afraid to do something because it is funny.

Plus, it's a video game. Chill. I know it's hard, and I used to be in the all serious camp all of the time, but you know what? It's just a game.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I'll be sure to make a similar thread when washers and dryers come and when your on the other side you'll know how unnecessary these threads are.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I loved this new patch and the things that came with it. Great bit of fun and a blast from the past now back in the game. Personally I don't need a washer and dryer or more household work for my sims but I'll give it a whirl or is that a tumble? ... if and when they come to game.
    egTcBMc.png
  • AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    If you don't like that aspiration or trait you can change them with other ones no one said you had to use it.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    At least the cheese one is hidden as you'd need to eat I think 3 grilled cheese in a row to unlock it, so you won't see it really if your sims eat different meals and you just need to watch out for greedy townies now, which all depends on your game. Best wishes.
    I was kinda sad about that, cos I wanted to be able to give the aspiration to sims in Cas.

But it's great that klepto is back! Yay! (sorry, OP, you don't seem to have much support but I think they're great).
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Grill Cheese Aspiration was one I never explored. It wasn't my cup of tea. But it's good they tried to bring back some well loved traits or aspirations for others. Klepto, I don't suppose they get a -50 buff of guilt do they? Probably not because they wouldn't feel guilt, right? lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Grill Cheese Aspiration was one I never explored. It wasn't my cup of tea. But it's good they tried to bring back some well loved traits or aspirations for others. Klepto, I don't suppose they get a -50 buff of guilt do they? Probably not because they wouldn't feel guilt, right? lol

What if they are both Good and a Klepto? Would they steal things, then feel bad and get whims to return the item?
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah no guilt for stealing grilled cheese sandwiches. XD
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I've always thought that I was sensitive to what other players wanted in their games and have done things like support family players even though toddlers are not important to me......but I'll tell you I'll go on record now that I hope they never add laundry machines, make cuddling for married couples mandatory and don't allow you to create kids in CAS but you have to get them the old fashioned way.

:p Yeah like any of that will happen. :p

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • HSimmerHSimmer Posts: 29 Member
    Its not that bad, atleast they are bringing some stuff back from old sims games..
  • klovesjenklovesjen Posts: 361 Member
    I disagree - I like both and am excited to play with them. Thanks Sims gurus!!!
    EmmaVane wrote: »

What if they are both Good and a Klepto? Would they steal things, then feel bad and get whims to return the item?

Good question. I sort of doubt it since all my so called 'good' Sims are actually mean and do mean things in this game. I wanted those things reserved for a Sim with a cruel trait, and or evil trait etc. But nope they all learn how to be mischievous and love doing it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • simplydawnsimplydawn Posts: 181 Member
    I've only tried the klepto one so far and it's actually kinda funny. I aged a child into a teen and she came home from her first day of high school with a poster she swiped; then she was invited to a dance party at the Von Haunt estate and she stole two books! I also enjoy the conflict, if you will, that she's a genius with a flaw.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2016
    I will honestly never understand some people... seriously I just can't even.....Well I hope washers and driers DIE in TS3. *insert intensive eye roll*
    I like it! It's such a classic Sims thing, even if it's not a "useful" classic Sims thing. I used to use it a lot :) If the game were nothing but utility, it would lose its fun for me.

*cough* #TeamPlayableGnomes *cough*

@luthenrising the gnomes in TS1 were spectacularly quirky and fun! I hope we can have those again! I barely scratched the surface of TS1 but those gnomes were so hella cool, Makin' Magic was a hell of an EP.

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I like it! It's such a classic Sims thing, even if it's not a "useful" classic Sims thing. I used to use it a lot :)

Yeah, I agree, I like the fact they've brought this back as homage to TS2. I hope to see more of this type of content; this sort of thing gives the game charm.

There's still gardeners, if you want something more integral to your gameplay.

So you're on #TeamPlayableGnomes too, then, with me and @Scobre, right? right?

Oh yes, it'd be awesome if they were anything like the ones from Makin' Magic in TS1, but actually playable!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnb4kJOv23Y

Still VERY possible in a magic themed EP! :wink:

They may cost too much to animate :'( I hope devs can do them.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    The kelptomaniac trait isn't useless, I used that trait before in
    My sims 3 game when my sims were poor. As for girl cheese aspiration..eh..I didn't know about before it but I wasnt overly excited for it.
    giphy.gif

I LOVE klepto sims!
    I even build secret basements to stash their, um, acquired possessions :P

Will this affect their bills?