Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Get to School

I just had this really great idea and I thought i would share it with you all. Get to School would be centered around your sims school lives being expanded. Univeristy would be included in this but also some other features your sims could do while they are in primary school.

Private Schools:
-Price paid for semester
-School uniforms
-Includes the same features as Elementary and High School.

Elementary School:
-After school activities that include art club, choir, math club and reading club.
-Craft projects: Instead of just having homework every night, children can come home with craft projects that they have to complete. This not only increases their art skill but it helps their school grades.

High School:
-Extracurricular activities such as sports, band and theater, and dance. Being in these will get you a better start in the work force, started on the 2nd or 3rd level of a job that the activity pertains to. Ex. Sports would go along with the Athletic Career.
-Clubs: Clubs that include science club, art club, cooking club and even chess club could either a)gain skills that go along with the certain club or b) have a boost in a career that pertains to these clubs.
-Sports Games: Every Friday night teen sims can choose to go hang out with their friends at a sports game. It cost 5 dollars to go to but your sim will come back socialized and energetic.
-School Dances: Dances such as homecoming and prom allow your sim to get dressed up and enjoy a night out. Sims can even win homecoming and prom king or queen.
-Homecoming sports game: all older sims can go to this game enjoy themselves.
-Talent shows: Sims can rehearse and even get into groups to compete at the schools talent show.
-Projects: Sims now have projects that they have to complete on top of homework.

University:
-Same things as Sims 3 University.
-Community college: Instead of being forced to go to university, sims can stay and home and go to community college. This is basically how teens and children go to school but for Young Adults, Adults and maybe Elders.
-Night Classes: This can go to both community college and universities. Sims can now choose to go to night classes instead of going to school during the day. This can enable them to keep a full time job while in school.

If you have any ideas please post them, I will add them to the list. Thank you for reading and I hope you like my ideas! :smile:

Comments

• simusblacksimusblack Posts: 17 New Member
    You should also include the teacher playable career in this. As well as the school day being playable. And bring back the headmaster!!
  • PyrondonPyrondon Posts: 159 Member
    I love this idea. Especially the extracurricular activities. Perhaps chorus should be available as well (with a singing skill, maybe :tongue:)?
    Visionary. Radiant. Inspiring.
    I am none of these things.
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    edited February 2016
    Oh oh! And for private schools - they have to pass inspection to get in - like in.. was it S2? or S3? Can't remember. But I loved it! I was always so nervous they weren't going to get in haha. And it should boost their performance later on if they do!
  • 5687879900956878799009 Posts: 26 Member
    Thank you all for your ideas! I will add them to list when i get a chance.
    How do i edit the post? I could of swore I saw something saying that i could edit it.
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    I love this idea.
    > @TanyaRubirose said:
    > I love this idea.

Thank you!
  • sims4evasims4eva Posts: 76 Member
    This is a great idea, but I feel like playable school should have been included in GTW and should be an update for that EP if that's even possible. I don't want to spend money on a feature that should be included already! However, sports and dances may be pushing it but I still feel like it isn't fair.
    > @kwanzaabot said:
    > Cough cough.
    I am aware that there is a mod for school, but It doesn't include all of the features that I suggested.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited February 2016
    Campuses and the schools need to be 100% customizable. I want to be able to chance the name of the school, school colors, uniforms, mascot, cap and gown, what schools are known for what, Which school is great for nursing, engineering, and which school is the Party School.
    what our best team is, Mine would be Soccer. some people like football, I love soccer more.

Be able to work as a Teacher/Professor/Doctor or Dean at the schools.

and more Major Varieties.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    > @MasonGamer said:
    > Campuses and the schools need to be 100% customizable. I want to be able to chance the name of the school, school colors, uniforms, mascot, cap and gown, what schools are known for what, Which school is great for nursing, engineering, and which school is the Party School.
    > what our best team is, Mine would be Soccer. some people like football, I love soccer more.
    >
    > Be able to work as a Teacher/Professor/Doctor or Dean at the schools.
    >
    > and more Major Varieties.

> @MasonGamer said:
    > Campuses and the schools need to be 100% customizable. I want to be able to chance the name of the school, school colors, uniforms, mascot, cap and gown, what schools are known for what, Which school is great for nursing, engineering, and which school is the Party School.
    > what our best team is, Mine would be Soccer. some people like football, I love soccer more.
    >
    > Be able to work as a Teacher/Professor/Doctor or Dean at the schools.
    >
    > and more Major Varieties.

I really would like to be able to customize a school and I do agree that there should be careers as well.
    I would also really love to see my sims that are in a University or a High School be able to run for student class president. The sims can join student council and then decide to run.
  • HSimmerHSimmer Posts: 29 Member
    love it
  • UndeadPixelsUndeadPixels Posts: 4 New Member
    Being a teacher or students and having traits or moodlets for that would be amazing, for example the older sibling being embarrassed because their little brother did something dumb in front of his friends.
    What about there being a "bullly" trait or a "teacher's pet" trait?
  • princessdylanprincessdylan Posts: 124 Member
    Adding homeschooling would be cool too
    qodtl3.jpg
    Gallery & Origin: princessdyland
    I play the Sims 2/3/4 & Medieval
    Please use she/her pronouns (:
  • Mikai94Mikai94 Posts: 42 Member
    I really like this idea! Brings even more life to the game!
    giphy.gif
    Ever walk into a room and forget what you were going to do? Maybe that is because someone deleted the action on you.
  • SimlishSkyeSimlishSkye Posts: 1 New Member
    I Really like this Idea. I miss the private schools and having the head master come over for an interview would be cool. I also think a interactive teaching jib should come with it. I want university to come back as well. Maybe include have school projects. But I agree with the general idea. Please bring on this expansion pack, followed by seasons or pets. I want horses back
    New Outfits:
    -Band Uniform
    -Mascot
    -Cheerleading uniform
    -Dance team uniform
    -School uniform
    -School t-shirts and jackets
    -Theater related outfits(Romeo & Juliet, etc.)

Hats:
    -Shako
    -Flowers that go in hair
    -Flower Headband

Others:
    -Band Gloves
    I recently found this thread I made and I'm sad that something similar never got implemented.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    IF you are going to have schools at least give the Sims that as a Career choice to be a Teacher they could advance with the proper training, like grade school teach, High school teach and then Professor etc. I really like the Get to Work Pack next to Owning Business it is the most fun.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
  • Dakota1377Dakota1377 Posts: 29 Member
    I love this idea for an expansion pack. I think it would work well and be tons of fun for kids and teens... especially if siblings are in same school grade and class. they can embarrass them and do dumb things.. good idea...
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    edited April 2017
    only if kids of teachers can be treated 'famous' in school by other students (especially those older then them) epsically in high school. That was my experience
    6adMCGP.gif