Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best blog sites.

take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
I want to write up a story..what's the best site to use to create little short stories?
DyFJE8G.jpg
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants

Comments

• FloridaSimmerFloridaSimmer Posts: 358 Member
    Wattpad
    Origin: Floridasimmer

giphy.gif

• NOVEMBER_11SARAHNOVEMBER_11SARAH Posts: 767 Member
    Word Press it is the easiest one that I have found and it also shows stats, so you can see how many people have clicked on your stories.
    New Zealand!!!
    I have dyslexia so my grammar sucks.
    Sim Story:
    https://smfblog11.wordpress.com/
    Simblr:
    http://thestrangenessofstrangetown.tumblr.com/
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I use BlogSpot and it's a lot easier to use on Opera.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Wordpress is very user friendly. The only problem I have with it it that it puts all your media (images) in the same place, no folders or any order other than newest to oldest. You may want to use another site like imgur if you're planning on having different stories at the same time.

Some positives: allows to save drafts, schedule post, a nice range of different customisable blog styles and the stats are very helpful.
  • br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    Wattpad

/\

Unless you're writing a sim story.

Then I recommend blogspot.
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • arielsimmerarielsimmer Posts: 38 New Member
    Tumblr? There are tons of other simmers in the community but I know it can be complicated for some people.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited August 2015
    Tumblr: Great for image sharing. Simple interface.

Wordpress: More customization.

I use both. :) Wordpress for my blog and tumblr mostly for sharing images.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I might as well ask my question here, since it's similar to the OP's.

For a while now I've been thinking about starting a Sims blog. Several months ago I had this sudden inspiration to write a story (both inspired and encouraged by @Mightydan ). I'm not yet at the point where I can start, I don't have as much time for Simming as I'd want and the preparation takes a lot of work. Besides I spend a considerable amount of time on other Simming projects. I'm quite confident that, once I've got everything ready, I'll be able to release episodes on a regular basis.

Aside from that, I'm doing a bit of test run in storywriting and screenshot staging in a little story that spun off my main save - I've got a thread for it on the forums, but if I start a blog, I might as well put it on there.

On top of that, I'm an avid builder and while I enjoy posting in my Showcase Thread here, I think a blog may be more suited for the purpose, or at least a little more user friendly in terms of images. I also find I enjoy creating Sims more and more, so I may in the future decide on a showcase in that direction too.

Considering I am about to host/organise a building competition somewhere, it has also crossed my mind to occasionally write a building manual or actually just put up the assignments.

On a side note, I am not currently subscribed to any image sharing service, I use tinypic, the non-subscribed version (I don't know why I keep doing that to myself ;)).

So, considering the above, what blog site(s) would you recommend for me to use?
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Mikai94Mikai94 Posts: 42 Member
    Wordpress or Tumblr.
    giphy.gif
    Ever walk into a room and forget what you were going to do? Maybe that is because someone deleted the action on you.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Blogger
    It's very easy to use.

Tumblr is pretty basic
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif