March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone here also play sims free play?

jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
I have been hearing a lot about the sims free play and wonder what this is about. So I tried it today. Omg what a ripoff! To complete any task you need to spend life points which cost so much real money! I don't fancy waiting for real 25 min to play the RC boat! £79.99 for 3500 life points, meaning you spend £79.99 to be able to perform 3500 task! I am so grateful I play sims 4!

I am wondering if anyone here also play this ? Do you pay real money ?! I am shocked . Now I feel ts4 is cheap !

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I've never played it, but my sister while she was staying with me played it for a while. She never paid any money (because she was unemployed and broke). I remember her complaining quite loudly about the real time, and this turned me off, because if I attempted to play it, the device that the game would have been on would have been slammed against the wall, or floor.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Lol, I have tried it a few times but never kept it up and certainly never spent any money on it. It's just meh in comparison with a 'real' sims game, I really don't know why I tried it when I've got 4 series of pc versions to play.
  • SimmieSimsSimmieSims Posts: 234 Member
    You don't have to pay anything to play, but you can choose to do so.
    "Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning." - William Henry Gates III
  • lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    Agree, @jimbbq. Freeplay is just a complete money pit.

The vast majority of app games are, though. Either pay to play or wait to play.
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2016
    I have started to play it in the past 2 days but it's rather frustrating everything costs too many simoleons and everything takes super long to do. I'm not putting money on purpose on my itunes account just for some annoying mobile game that requires micro transactions every 2 seconds, I much prefer using my cash on comic books and the actual sims game.

I play it like...very casually since everything takes a ton of hours to do.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    I've played it for about a year, but I'm now getting really bored with it, especially since starting Sims4.
    I have now done all the challenges, so that I have auto-aging in the game and I'm just planning to keep that rolling until all my sims are dead. I'm also not going to pay for any content anymore.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I tried it, but I couldn't get past the real-time thing. It just didn't fit what I wanted a phone game to be like. I need my phone games to be fluffy, fast, and commitment-free.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    The Sims Freeplay needs to be burned and thrown off a cliff. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
    The Sims Freeplay needs to be burned and thrown off a cliff. o:)

Ah just like Justine Keaton... :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I have been hearing a lot about the sims free play and wonder what this is about. So I tried it today. Omg what a ripoff! To complete any task you need to spend life points which cost so much real money! I don't fancy waiting for real 25 min to play the RC boat! £79.99 for 3500 life points, meaning you spend £79.99 to be able to perform 3500 task! I am so grateful I play sims 4!

I am wondering if anyone here also play this ? Do you pay real money ?! I am shocked . Now I feel ts4 is cheap !

I play it, but haven't played in months. But yes, the real time thing & having to pay money is a bummer. What I do, is when I sleep my Sims sleep. When I go to work, my Sims are working. So, the real time doesn't bother me as much as long you have a strategy. & then with the lifetime points, find a friend with a pet farm. Visit them, and stay there for a few hours & collect money & LP. I've spent very little money ($15) & have played months. It takes tons of patience to build everything up. I think I'm on level 36.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2016
    I've played it and enjoyed it for a while. Then I wasn't able to open it any more and when I found out how to fix that (deleting a lot of apps that were just desktop decoration really), I discovered I had preferred my life without it. It took a lot of time every morning and evening and for what... I never paid real money.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    I tried it but thought it was boring

Almost every mobile game has the real time waiting unless you pay money thing; it's the nature of free to play apps

It makes me wish that more people would develop actual mobile games where you pay once to buy it and then have the game to play.

For example: Sim City BuildIt. It's free, it actually looks great, and at first it was fun! But after a while it just became the same stuff over and over again, waiting for materials to process and then upgrading a building. There's options to use real money to speed up this process and to buy special buildings to put in your town. I ended up deleting it because it became boring and tedious. I would much rather pay like maybe $10 for an actual Sim City game that lets you have free reign and progress like the PC versions do. Obviously it would be dumbed down a little for mobile, but still, I would rather pay a few dollars for a full game I can play how I want than download a free game that's just a hollow scam to get you to throw money into it.
    tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    I put the app on my ipad and played it until my guy took a shower. And he showered and showered and good grief, I realized there was no fast speed. Haven't touched it since.
  • pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I played it for a while after I got bored of TS3, but before I started playing TS4. I still check in on it every now and then, like once a month... or not even once a month sometimes. I've been on it this week because there's a new update out. I never paid any money for it. You don't have to spend any money on it at all if you play it in a very particular way--like, set all of your sims doing something and then leave it for a few hours. (Because it takes them a few hours to finish doing what they're doing.) Or if you have like 20+ sims (after you level up quite a bit), you can set them doing 5/10-minute tasks and rotate between them all. It's not the kind of game you can just sit down and play how you want to play.

It's nothing to replace a real Sims game though. And mostly, every time I play it, it just makes me wish I had all of the stuff in it for my TS4 sims, like TODDLERS, and babies that aren't attached to their cribs, and cars, horses, pets, and a lot of other really cute stuff that we don't have. :\
  • AnastaciasgemAnastaciasgem Posts: 246 Member
    I tried it, but I can't stand those games where it's like do these things and then wait 4 hours and then come back and you can play again. I'm the kind of person who starts playing something and plays for hours and hours and I find it quite rude to be told when to stop :D And there's no way I'm paying any money to make it go faster. I guess I just have too much time on my hands, it's probably fun for people that do a lot of stuff and they can just dip in and out of it between being a busy functional human being lolol
    iiudADB.gif
    Origin ID: Gemmaisasim
    The Minogue ISBI family tree
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I played it before I got TS4 and was really addicted to it until they made it where you had to buy life orbs to not age. At that point I quit playing and decided I would buy the sims 4 because u can turn aging off. Besides I thought the toddler stage was kind of boring in free play, but I really want toddlers in the sims 4.
  • shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    I played it for a little but I didn't like it. It's just a huge cash grab.
  • iamcherylfailsiamcherylfails Posts: 214 Member
    I play on and off, currently in an off period but I will go back to it someday :)

Also, I haven't sunk much money into the game at all. Before I stopped playing for a while I was big on following this to get LPs without spending money: https://thegirlwhogames.wordpress.com/2015/01/14/the-sims-freeplay-how-do-i-have-so-many-lps/ (idk if they've nerfed it or not by now but it worked well last time I played)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2016
    No, I never play apps. I do not buy app devices either. I find it totally annoying to keep getting brow beat by browsers, game sites, etc to keep bugging me with App device sign - ups. They fail to get it that the whole world is not app crazy.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    it *might* still be on my ipad but I actually play very few "free" games. I got it when it first came out it lost my interest quickly.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    Just out of curiosity, is it even a game you can actually 'play' play? Because all I've seen is people desperately trying to complete impossible quests (well, impossible unless you're ok with paying real money to complete them). It seems like it's nothing but quests and grinding to unlock things?

I mean...can you really just play it for fun?

It looks so cute in the trailers but when I used to play it (long ago when it 1st came out), I can't even remember being able to zoom-in on my sims that closely? I remember it always being a pretty great distance and looking down on them?
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
    Just out of curiosity, is it even a game you can actually 'play' play? Because all I've seen is people desperately trying to complete impossible quests (well, impossible unless you're ok with paying real money to complete them). It seems like it's nothing but quests and grinding to unlock things?

It looks so cute in the trailers but when I used to play it (long ago when it 1st came out), I can't even remember being able to zoom-in on my sims that closely? I remember it always being a pretty great distance and looking down on them?

Hum...not really I guess. It's just goal based. You could do stuff but because it's in real time it's impossible to be played like a sims game.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Hum...not really I guess. It's just goal based. You could do stuff but because it's in real time it's impossible to be played like a sims game.

Yea, that's kinda what I thought so...I can't see the appeal?

All I know is if TS4 had the same things going on as Freeplay, I'd be an extremely happy simmer :smiley: it really has a lot of good ideas going on. I don't know how the game industry works but I sure do wish the people working on that were working on TS4 & pushing for similar things.

Oh & nevermind about my zoom-in question. I'm watching a Baby Steps reaction video on YouTube and the girl just said, "Aw, I wish we could zoom up close like that in the game". So yep...still watching from afar I guess...lame!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,710 Member
    I've played for a couple years now. Currently on level 54 and working on unlocking the latest new romance quest. I like it for the goal based play and see it as a challenge to complete all the quests. I play maybe a total of 15-20 minutes a day assigning tasks. And like someone posted I usually save the more time consuming tasks for overnight.