Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• calentscalents Posts: 245 Member
    edited February 2016
    Sorry it looks like I caused some confusion over CYS before I left to grade student papers. I'll try to fix it now. @Bird166 I think you were part of the conversation also.
    I've been using the regular price, DD price and Elainahere's calculator, is the spreadsheet one a different one?!

No, you are correct, it should just be the regular price, the DD spreadsheet is just an easy place to get it. I think the issue may be calculating your percentage owned. More on that below.
    fabeme wrote: »
    Not sure if I also calculated it well... my math are far away. My goal was to find what was my CYS without the actual sale. For example, Mediterranean Villa Kitchen/Dining is right now 22% off. With the sale, the set cost me 210SP, but I want to know the amount without the sale. What I did is this :
    100%-22%=78%
    Question : 210/78 = x/100 what is X
    Solution : (210*100)/78 = 270 (269.23)
    x = 270
    Then I used the calculator of Elianahere's and entered this amount in the field CYS.
    It gave me a -32 as the price for the set.
    Do you think I did good or I'm mistaken ?

This is the underlying problem. Although you are mathematically sound here, the underlying issue is that CYS does NOT work like normal percentages. The percentage of set owned number doesn't actually factor into the math at all, so the above 78% doesn't factor into the calculation. There's a lot of fuzzy math involved. Each item you purchase gives you 90% of its sp cost off the total set, but the first item from a set you buy gives you a "bonus" percentage off (that's why we say always get at least a 25 sp item from a set before going for the full set). It looks kind of like this under the hood:

The basic rule for working out the CYS price is (Set Price*.9)-(Item Cost*.9) rounded up to the nearest 5sp.

So, for example, if a set normally costs 1000sp and the price of all the items in it that you have bought individually is 300sp then your CYS price would be about 630sp (900 - 270). There's a good post by @MiaSkywalker about this at: http://simsdailydeals.proboards.com/thread/18/daily-deal-stalker-important-information

Unfortunately, your CYS price is also affected when an item goes on sale, and you can't see your "normal" CYS price needed to use the calculator effectively. This is the part I forgot in my initial post and what is missing in the math. Sorry about that, it's been awhile since I've calculated CYS.

Edit: Spelling
    Now a member of the Own the Store Club! Thank you to everyone who helped!
  • Hayley~BelleHayley~Belle Posts: 786 Member
    @calents thank you for your help, I wish I had gone to school on maths days lol :D my brain is wired for numbers!!
    Thank you so much for the outfit too. I can get 5th avenue for 15sps now yayyyy xx <3
    Just a sim-ple pink person
    Thank you to everyone who contributed to helping me own the store X
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
  • fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member
    calents wrote: »
    Sorry it looks like I caused some confusion over CYS before I left to grade student papers. I'll try to fix it now. @Bird166 I think you were part of the conversation also.
    I've been using the regular price, DD price and Elainahere's calculator, is the spreadsheet one a different one?!

No, you are correct, it should just be the regular price, the DD spreadsheet is just an easy place to get it. I think the issue may be calculating your percentage owned. More on that below.
    Not sure if I also calculated it well... my math are far away. My goal was to find what was my CYS without the actual sale. For example, Mediterranean Villa Kitchen/Dining is right now 22% off. With the sale, the set cost me 210SP, but I want to know the amount without the sale. What I did is this :
    100%-22%=78%
    Question : 210/78 = x/100 what is X
    Solution : (210*100)/78 = 270 (269.23)
    x = 270
    Then I used the calculator of Elianahere's and entered this amount in the field CYS.
    It gave me a -32 as the price for the set.
    Do you think I did good or I'm mistaken ?

This is the underlying problem. Although you are mathematically sound here, the underlying issue is that CYS does NOT work like normal percentages. The percentage of set owned number doesn't actually factor into the math at all, so the above 78% doesn't factor into the calculation. There's a lot of fuzzy math involved. Each item you purchase gives you 90% of its sp cost off the total set, but the first item from a set you buy gives you a "bonus" percentage off (that's why we say always get at least a 25 sp item from a set before going for the full set). It looks kind of like this under the hood:

The basic rule for working out the CYS price is (Set Price*.9)-(Item Cost*.9) rounded up to the nearest 5sp.

So, for example, if a set normally costs 1000sp and the price of all the items in it that you have bought individually is 300sp then your CYS price would be about 630sp (900 - 270). There's a good post by @MiaSkywalker about this at: http://simsdailydeals.proboards.com/thread/18/daily-deal-stalker-important-information

Unfortunately, your CYS price is also affected when an item goes on sale, and you can't see your "normal" CYS price needed to use the calculator effectively. This is the part I forgot in my initial post and what is missing in the math. Sorry about that, it's been awhile since I've calculated CYS.

Edit: Spelling

I am not sure to understand. My math were to find the "normal" CYS and then use the answer with the calculator. I thought that using the amount given with the sale and finding it's original price (by removing the % of the sale) I would get the original CYS. You are saying that it doesn't work like that ? This is so complicated xD

Also thank you @calents for the gift this is very nice from you. It happens to forget things :)
    Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Prism art studio <3 I'll try my best I have 473 SP that I am farming since days for that one... xD still a long way to go

:) Me too! And it's the last item before I own the store!
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Hayley~BelleHayley~Belle Posts: 786 Member
    Lexers615 wrote: »
    Prism art studio <3 I'll try my best I have 473 SP that I am farming since days for that one... xD still a long way to go

:) Me too! And it's the last item before I own the store!

Yayyy well done on almost owning the store, I bet you are very excited :D
    Just a sim-ple pink person
    Thank you to everyone who contributed to helping me own the store X
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
  • calentscalents Posts: 245 Member
    I am not sure to understand. My math were to find the "normal" CYS and then use the answer with the calculator. I thought that using the amount given with the sale and finding it's original price (by removing the % of the sale) I would get the original CYS. You are saying that it doesn't work like that ? This is so complicated xD

Also thank you @calents for the gift this is very nice from you. It happens to forget things :)

The problem is that the "Percentage of set owned" is calculated differently than the "CYS price." I can't remember how exactly percentage of set owned is calculated, unfortunately, I just know it isn't directly related to CYS. :disappointed:

Anyways, you are all welcome for the gifts! I hope they help!

Now a member of the Own the Store Club! Thank you to everyone who helped!
    I can't believe it... I have enough SP for Prism art studio! YAYYY!
  • AssirkAssirk Posts: 564 Member
    Omg that's awesome @fabeme!! Congrats!! :smile:

Thanks for the gifties @Franny and @ZombieMew! I la la LOVE them! <3
    The New DD Tracking Thread!!
    Cascade Thread
    Feel free to add me as a friend here: My Page! ^_^
  • Bird166Bird166 Posts: 443 Member
    Yeah @fabeme!!! Me too! Now I just hope I wake up to my alarm!!!
    Got it! I can now claim to own the store! (With the exception that I own every elements of the Seeing Star collection though don't own the collection... Hoping they add CYS discount on it soon!)
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Martje89Martje89 Posts: 938 Member
    edited February 2016
    @Bird166 WAKE UP!!! ;)
    Bird166 wrote: »
    Now I just hope I wake up to my alarm!!!

My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    Welcome to the club, @Lexars615 . Glad you joined us! :D
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    Here are the current and upcoming deals for the next 24 hours. There is a lot of red and yellow on the spreadsheet today which is good for two things. 1) collecting and saving up sim points, and 2) searching through to see if any of the deals are "good enough" based on your CYS on a set. In this case you might take a look at deal 131, Le Cirque Esprit. At 72% off it is not bad - only 33 sp more than its best price at number 717, which won't come up until March 27th. We have three green deals in this section of the rotation, starting with the Steampunk Refrigerator, then the Forever Living Plant, and finally the Storybook Bathroom Set (wish I could have a whole new bathroom for 78sp - my RL one cost $5000). There are also two white deals - the Romantique Double Bed and Athena's Olive Tree. Happy Shopping!

Current Deal:
    126 ) Steampunk Kitchen- Artic Keen Cog and Sprocket Refridgerator / 37 / 81 / 54% / 2 hours
    Part of: Steampunk Kitchen; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 864)

Upcoming Deals:
    If you want this set, it is worth waiting for deal # 295 which is 325 sp compared to the three other times the set is offered for 715 sp, 728 sp and 780 sp
    127 ) Wretched Threads / 728 / 1300 / 44% / 2 hours
    Part of: Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 295, # 432 but less than # 743)

128 ) Safari Living Set / 273 / 548 / 50% / 2 hours
    Part of: Adventurous Life!; World Inspiration Compilation
    Safari Living Set and Adventurous Life! are not available for CYS discount BUT World
    Inspiration Compilation
    is.
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (This deal is 52 sp more than # 313 but 98 sp less than # 825)

129 ) Forever Living Plant / 8 / 25 / 68% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mid-Century Fantasy; May 2011 Compilation; Blast From the Past Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 49)

130 ) Laganaphyllis Simnovorii (aka The Cow Plant) / 324 / 706 / 54% / 2 hours
    Part of: Killer Classics; January 2012 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 334, # 734)

131 ) Le Cirque Esprit / 512 / 1797 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Le Cirque Celebration!
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 717 but less than # 324, # 57, # 624, # 538)

132 ) Adventurous Life! / 1160 / 2000 / 42% / 2 hours
    Part of: World Inspiration Compilation
    Includes: Safari Living Set; Africa Inspiration Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 585, # 3, # 570)

133 ) More Magic! / 968 / 1782 / 46% / 2 hours
    Part of: January 2012 Compilation; parts of More Magic! are included in Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings
    Includes: The Soothsayers Crystal Ball Set
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 748 but less than # 672, # 143)

134 ) Romantique Double Bed / 42 / 54 / 22% / 2 hours
    Part of: Storybook Bedroom Set; Full Storybook Set; Make a Wish Compilation
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

135 ) Storybook Bathroom Set / 78 / 228 / 66% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Storybook Set; Make a Wish Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 225, # 81, # 646)

136 ) Athena's Olive Tree / 19 / 58 / 67% / 2 hours
    Part of: Muse Luxury Set; Quaint Cottage Collection
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

137 ) Glitter and Glam Bedroom / 264 / 401 / 34% / 2 hours
    Part of: Glitter and Glam + Diva and Divo
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 428 but less than # 254)

This is a 3 hour deal
    138 ) Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes / 1140 / 1987 / 43% / 3 hours
    Part of: January 2013 Compilation; 2 items included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 418, # 357)
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

@Bird166 WAKE UP!!! ;)
    Now I just hope I wake up to my alarm!!!

LOL!! @Lexers615 That made me laugh so hard, almost spit out my coffee!! I did wake up!!! My body clock actually woke me up an hour before my alarm!! :o I got the Prism Art Studio!!!!!!!! Yeah!!! I'm guessing you did too?

Hope everyone else did too!! @fabeme????? *fingers crossed*
    @Bird166 I GOT IT!!!!! <3 I am so happy ! First time I bough something that expensive on the store ! I'm happy that you got it :)
    @Bird166 I GOT IT!!!!! <3 I am so happy ! First time I bough something that expensive on the store ! I'm happy that you got it :)

Me too! Now I have hardly any SP's so I hope I can find some ads today!
    Glad you got it too!

Me too! Now I have hardly any SP's so I hope I can find some ads today!
    Glad you got it too!

Yess same for me lol !
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    calents wrote: »

The problem is that the "Percentage of set owned" is calculated differently than the "CYS price." I can't remember how exactly percentage of set owned is calculated, unfortunately, I just know it isn't directly related to CYS. :disappointed:
    Yeah, I think as far as we can make out the "percentage owned" just sort of relates to the number of items in the set but the important thing in working out the discount and CYS price is the value of the items. So you could own just one expensive item (so a low percentage) and have a very low CYS price or you could own nearly everything but they are all cheap items so you get a high percentage but still have a high CYS price. :(

As @calents suggests, I would totally ignore the percentage and just look at the number of Simpoints it wants.

Oh, and congrats on getting the Prism Studio, and also to @Bird166 and especially @Lexers615 :smiley:
  • AssirkAssirk Posts: 564 Member
    Yay for @fabeme and @Bird166 for the Prism Art Studio!!! I'm so happy for both of you! <3
    The New DD Tracking Thread!!
    Cascade Thread
    Feel free to add me as a friend here: My Page! ^_^
  • 23kels8923kels89 Posts: 804 Member
    edited February 2016
    I officially dislike my job... I missed the Prism Art Studio thanks to staying at work overtime (unpaid) :expressionless:
    And I've been waiting for it, considering the amazing deal they had on it. :tired_face:

thumb.gif
    Oh my goodness... she gifted it
    @missy2311
    Post edited by 23kels89 on

Find me on the Sims 3
    Find me on Origin

• angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    @Lexers615 congrats on owning the store, at this rate I doubt they will CYS non CYS stuff.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • missy2311missy2311 Posts: 1,470 Member
    @Lexers615 congrats on joining the Own the Store club
    a.k.a. Catherine

Thanks fellow simmers!
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    edited February 2016
    Hi all. I have been lurking the last few days.

Congratulations to all of you who are getting great deals.
    Got it! I can now claim to own the store! (With the exception that I own every elements of the Seeing Star collection though don't own the collection... Hoping they add CYS discount on it soon!)
    Congratulations @Lexer615 on becoming a member of the I Own the Store Club. You do own the store if you have every item in a set even though the store database does not show the set as being owned.

I have updated my signature by removing the link to the Fix the Exchange thread. It appears to be fixed. Now, I hope EA fixes the problem with in-game gifting and Simport not working because our games are not being recognized as being registered.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top