Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would you rate The Sims 4 out of 10

Comments

• annaoze94annaoze94 Posts: 2 New Member
    TS1: 7/10
    TS2: 8/10
    TS3: 10/10 (except it was so buggy, but the design was flawless)
    TS4: 5/10 I need open world. I'm here to build. (I also need all life stages)

98% of what I do is design neighborhoods, worlds and rearrange my world. And yes, I love Simcity for that, but I can't customize lot placement and every lot like I can on The Sims.
    Bring back TS3's world customization.
    I need freedom, no loading screens, basements, foundation heights, etc.
    I only bought it because it was 75% off.
  • singingwaterssingingwaters Posts: 2 New Member
    Sims 2 - I'm too old to remember that far back
    Sims 3 - Game play 9/10
    Technical play 3/10
    Sims 4 - 3/10 I'm so bored with it that I open it to play and then close it and go back to a different game. I loved World Adventures because I enjoy solving puzzles, discovery, collecting (or fortune hunting, maybe), building. The "treasures" to be collected in Sims 4 make me want to cry. I'm considering uninstalling 4 and reinstalling 3. I tire of relationship building in the game. I want to go treasure hunting (for something other than bugs...)
  • Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    6.5/10 I feek like the gameplay is extremely boring, and new features are okay the first week, then I'm bored again.
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    6/10
    I like it way more than I liked unmodded sims 3, but way less than I liked sims 2.
  • AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    when I first got it a year ago, 6.7/10. But as the packs and updates come, its now a 8.4 in my book. I really am enjoying it and cant wait to see what is in the future!
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100
  • SnuggieQueenSnuggieQueen Posts: 231 Member
    edited February 2016
    7/10 when I bought the base game, I knew what I was getting into and had hope for the series as it expanded.

4/10 after buying GTW (on sale of course); Get Together was released around this time. I'll stay updated through the forums, but I don't know if they can turn 4 around. The damage has been done for many of us. I know buying expansions won't make the game better for me. It's too frustrating to enjoy, so I'm voting with my wallet I guess.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2016
    Post deleted
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2016
    I sure hope none of the players giving it less than 5 are still playing because that's awfully sad and depressing to be playing a game you rate so lowly. :(
    indeed i do not play it meantime
    & the very sad part is BECAUSE I DO NOT PLAY IT & not that i would play it despite my low rating :confused:
    it's sad because i played the sims from easter 2000 more or less constantly because this was my core game, i am a simmer through & through :confused:

@Scobre thank you :smile:

NZsimm3r wrote: »
    I agree that it would be very mean to read someone telling you not to play the game and I have read posts like that and felt very uncomfortable with how unfair, rude and disrespectful such posts are. I'm not sure exactly why the forums are quite divided but I suspect it stems from the disappointment so many of us felt on launch day (as well as other 'infamous' days since). But I won't rehash all that again. I always feel badly for simmers who are struggling to like the game, I've certainly been in that place and probably will go there again no doubt. :/ The simple fact is that if I want to play a game like the sims then I actually have to play the sims. It can be a source of great discontent when there is no other game I can turn to.

There are pockets of positivity about this game, including in this forum. I suppose you just have to look at those places/threads and try not to look at the negative posts, as for me too, that negativity can extract the enjoyment right out of playing if I let it.

*edited: I think eventually the negativity may stop as there is no use debating a mute point at the end of the day. I guess simmers will either adapt, mod, be happy or just simply let their purchasing choices do the talking.
    the fan base is divided because many of the players who love this game fear that their playstyle will be removed when all those complainers get what they want with this game - i would call it sort of unimaginative envy, not able or not willing to imagine that this franchise indeed CAN deliver enjoyment to everyone because it depicts human life itself, the processes of the material world (everyday life of a human being today) combined with those of the immaterial (fantasy, fears, dreams & hopes)

maybe it was rather a wonder that the devs of this franchise managed it for so long to keep the fans together offering so different features for so different people with so different playstyles
    but i hope that EA & the devs are trully willing to keep the franchise going as a strong unique title & not one of the many nameless games inbetween

& i hope EA & the devs realise that they cannot handle TheSims, a human life simulation as another game of entertainment, this franchise is just simply to big & attracts too many different people to squeeze it into a shoebox of exchangeability
    the emotions of players fly very high with it, it was so from day one & as long someone is playing this game it will remain so, even if competition should appear - TheSims will remain TheSims, even if the devs & EA should one day succeed to kill it off - a legend cannot be killed

Some may be nervous that their computer cannot deal with all the computer processing especially those that use low end computers if EA put certain features back into the game.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited February 2016
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Some may be nervous that their computer cannot deal with all the computer processing especially those that use low end computers if EA put certain features back into the game.
    That's why I wish Maxis made the Life Stories series again at least for the Sims 5. Those games were built for low end computers. Between the Sims 3 and 4, it is just not working having the same game with specs for different types of computers because it keeps alienating Simmers from being able to enjoy the Sims. It needs to be treated like consoles in that there should be a version built for desktop computers and a version built for laptops/low end computers. If people are nervous about having features back into their game, then they should be nervous about buying every pack released so far. Specs will change as more packs are added onto the base game. But yeah it is going to be bad if they are nervous with only one year in with releases. Imagine four years from now. I predict a Sims 3 history repeat. Why I giggle when more than 12 packs per year are begged for. LOL toddlers would be the least of their worries. Gnomes and Star Wars costumes taking over memory space. XD I have a weird sense of humor.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ZackbradZackbrad Posts: 86 Member
    edited February 2016
    3/10

Why? Because what the game doesn't have far outweighs what it does. Sims 4 is honestly trash compared to Sims 3 thanks to all the so called "improvements" made by the gurus such as that "tv scramble" effect. It's basically starting over with Sims 1 but for the newer generation. I have a feeling they said: "Hey instead of improving the Sims 3, why dont we just make a sequel that is just like the very first sims and maybe people wont notice!" Boy were they wrong... do they think we are stu pid (seriously this is a teen rated site dont try to censor me...)? You know what? I'm done playing the Sims 4. The game is broke. I'm going back to Sims 3 until the day comes that the Sims 3 wont run on future operating systems. then I'll just instigate a boycott if they dont fix the sims 4.

In other news.. Back at the EA Headquarters Debby begins her work on the latest upcoming Sim's 4 features:

computer-spaz.gif?w=497

OriginID: bradleymee
    giphy.gif
    Holler if you're ready for some summer nights.
  • GottesfrendeGottesfrende Posts: 47 Member
    I give it 5/10. Gameplay and Sims are repetive, a ton of inhibited and missing features from previous games, and feels like a tremendous dumbed down step back related to previous versions--especially with the transition screen to even visit a neighbor. That said, it has a slick interface and easy to use controls.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    edited February 2016
    This post is to address all those who replied and wanted to know why it mattered to me that I said it was sad and depressing to play a game you rated so lowly.

@PrincessSaturn
    If you enjoy it then why would that even matter to you?
    @Scobre
    Why does it matter? I play to kill bugs for other players out. I actually want to help improve the game as a whole for everyone not just the existing fan base and there are actually nice Sims 4 players that I like to talk about the game with and share CC with. It's not the only Sims game I play. I play all four. It shouldn't make a difference to you or to anyone that I play multiple Sims games at once. I know you play multiple Sims games too. I don't judge you on that. I expect the same respect. Saying that I don't like it is a bit presumptuous to say. I neither hate or love the game and honestly Gurus are more than ok with that. I've asked them. So if it doesn't bother them, why should it bother you? But to pass prejudice judgements even on the Sims anniversary towards Simmers is depressing in itself. Shouldn't Sims 4 players encourage sales of the Sims 4, not bully Simmers away from the game? I want the game to succeed, don't you? I expected better from you. Don't give Sims 4 players a bad reputation. Follow rosemow and luthienrising's example of helping others out with their games. Sometimes helping them fix a bug or figuring out how to do something in the game can brighten someone's day. I know the latest patch brighten mine and so did the anniversary. I even share pictures in your happy thread. It's not like you don't know that I still play it. XD
    @Trashmagic
    It came off a bit condescending to me. I apologize if those weren't her intentions
    @Goldmoldar
    Because they paid for it and they can.

Is it really that hard to comprehend that someone could empathize with someone else in such a situation? I do enjoy the game but I've been in a similar situation several times having purchased a book by a favorite author and ended up disappointed because it wasn't what I'd expected. Most recently with the latest John Grisham novel. I purchased it on release day. I usually reserve best sellers at my local library and have to wait anywhere from a few weeks to a few months but I've purchased every John Grisham novel and so look forward to the feeling of getting lost in his latest legal thriller. After only a few pages I realized it wasn't what I'd expected. I put it down only to pick it up a few days later hoping I'd just needed to give it a bit more time. No luck. Couldn't do it. This time, after only about a third of the way through, I put it down for good. It was very sad because I'd been looking forward to that book for almost a year and what is depressing is that I probably have to wait at least another year for his next release and all the while I'm hoping it won't be a disappointment like his last. I've also started rereading some of his older novels. So that's all my comment was about. Empathy. The ability to understand and share the feelings of others.
    @NZsimm3r,
    I didn't take that comment as a mean one. More along the lines that it would be awful for someone still playing even though they are really not enjoying it. There is nothing worse than trying to like a game and hanging in there hoping and hoping that it will get better for you and then realizing that you still really just plain don't like the game.

@NZsimm3r, thanks for your comment.

ETA: And I wanted to add that the Happy Play thread is not my thread. I may have started it but it belongs to everyone who's ever posted or shared their game-play pics.
  • PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    edited February 2016
    @simgirl1010 So calling other people "sad and depressing" for trying to give a game series they love a chance is empathy?
    Please. Try to backpedal all you want, but I saw the condescension in your first post and see it in your new post.
    There's a reason why you incited such a response.

Develop some real empathy while you wait for a better novel to come out.
    @simgirl1010 So calling other people "sad and depressing" for trying to give a game series they love a chance is empathy?
    Please. Try to backpedal all you want, but I saw the condescension in your first post and see it in your new post.

I am not backpedaling nor did I call people sad and depressing. I said the situation was sad and depressing and one that I've also experienced. There is a difference.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member

simgirl1010 has not called anyone any names.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    edited February 2016
    Yeah they took a flawed online game and converted in into a even more flawed offline game. I just hope EA isn't about to repeat their infamous history of wiping franchises off the face of the gaming world. I won't be playing Sims 4 but I'm hoping they rethink and rebound when (or if) Sims 5 is released
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited February 2016
    She didn't call people sad and depressing, just the situation. And while there have been many folks who have been patronising and condescending, @simgirl1010 has never been one of them. At least, not in my opinion.

Edit - Oh, she already posted. Oh well, my comment still stands. I've always found @simgirl1010 to be genuine myself.
    Also, as far as I am aware, she has never judged anyone for liking or not liking the game, shown more empathy for those who don't like it than any other S4 supporter, and has often posted in support of those who don't like it , or wanted some improvements before they will buy.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    Pary wrote: »
    She didn't call people sad and depressing, just the situation. And while there have been many folks who have been patronising and condescending, @simgirl1010 has never been one of them. At least, not in my opinion.

Edit - Oh, she already posted. Oh well, my comment still stands. I've always found @simgirl1010 to be genuine myself.

Agreed. I don't like to people 'called out' for something they have not done, said or even implied.

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    edited February 2016
    This post is to address all those who replied and wanted to know why it mattered to me that I said it was sad and depressing to play a game you rated so lowly.

Is it really that hard to comprehend that someone could empathize with someone else in such a situation? I do enjoy the game but I've been in a similar situation several times having purchased a book by a favorite author and ended up disappointed because it wasn't what I'd expected. Most recently with the latest John Grisham novel. I purchased it on release day. I usually reserve best sellers at my local library and have to wait anywhere from a few weeks to a few months but I've purchased every John Grisham novel and so look forward to the feeling of getting lost in his latest legal thriller. After only a few pages I realized it wasn't what I'd expected. I put it down only to pick it up a few days later hoping I'd just needed to give it a bit more time. No luck. Couldn't do it. This time, after only about a third of the way through, I put it down for good. It was very sad because I'd been looking forward to that book for almost a year and what is depressing is that I probably have to wait at least another year for his next release and all the while I'm hoping it won't be a disappointment like his last. I've also started rereading some of his older novels. So that's all my comment was about. Empathy. The ability to understand and share the feelings of others.
    Well all I can say is people are different and unique from each other. I've bought all four games and technically I'm playing five Sims games if counting the Sims Freeplay too. It's not like I'm just reading one book. I'm reading multiple books each with their own spin. Some books I like more than others that's all. For deviance and dark humor and storytelling I like the Sims. For family, deviance, rotation, storytelling, building, and sandbox I like this Sims 2. For building, storytelling, family, and sandbox I like the Sims 3. For the Sims 4 I like hunting for new mods/CCs, helping with bugs, interacting with forums for the first time, building, and rags to riches. Plus it was a simple and easy enough game to play while on heavy pain meds. XD Not everything is always black and white. Some Simmers like me neither love or hate the Sims 4, we just think it is ok, so vote it at an about average rating. So what may seem depressing to you may not be depressing to someone else. Can you empathize that someone just might think the game is mediocre? I mean I know it gets frustrating for you to explain yourself why you like the game. But it gets frustrating for other Simmers too why they either don't like the game or are just ok with the game. Not every Sims 4 player is going to love the Sims 4 and Gurus are ok with that. It is what makes them strive to make the Sims games the best possible for the past 16 years. If everyone loved it as is, then there really wouldn't be a need to make more packs. Each Simmer plays differently and have their own likes and dislikes. I don't think Simmers should be judge on the rating they give a game on a forum that majority of Simmers don't even bother to read. It is not going to make a difference. Opinions come and go and there is no right or wrong with them. You aren't a doctor and even if you were, I'd be sad if you wasted your time giving diagnosis of "depression" to strangers on a gaming forum. If you don't want others to judge you for liking the game, you have to not show judgements towards people that feel differently than you do. In order to gain respect, you have to show it. I'm more than ok you enjoy reading two books at the same time too since it seems like you enjoy both the Sims 3 and the Sims 4 which is cool.

Like I said before, I've shared pictures in your Happy thread so it is not like you don't know that I still play it. :wink:
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    edited February 2016
    Scobre wrote: »

Well all I can say is people are different and unique from each other. I've bought all four games and technically I'm playing five Sims games if counting the Sims Freeplay too. It's not like I'm just reading one book. I'm reading multiple books each with their own spin. Some books I like more than others that's all. For deviance and dark humor and storytelling I like the Sims. For family, deviance, rotation, storytelling, building, and sandbox I like this Sims 2. For building, storytelling, family, and sandbox I like the Sims 3. For the Sims 4 I like hunting for new mods/CCs, helping with bugs, interacting with forums for the first time, building, and rags to riches. Plus it was a simple and easy enough game to play while on heavy pain meds. XD Not everything is always black and white. Some Simmers like me neither love or hate the Sims 4, we just think it is ok, so vote it at an about average rating. So what may seem depressing to you may not be depressing to someone else. Can you empathize that someone just might think the game is mediocre? I mean I know it gets frustrating for you to explain yourself why you like the game. But it gets frustrating for other Simmers too why they either don't like the game or are just ok with the game. Not every Sims 4 player is going to love the Sims 4 and Gurus are ok with that. It is what makes them strive to make the Sims games the best possible for the past 16 years. If everyone loved it as is, then there really wouldn't be a need to make more packs. Each Simmer plays differently and have their own likes and dislikes. I don't think Simmers should be judge on the rating they give a game on a forum that majority of Simmers don't even bother to read. It is not going to make a difference. Opinions come and go and there is no right or wrong with them. You aren't a doctor and even if you were, I'd be sad if you wasted your time giving diagnosis of "depression" to strangers on a gaming forum. If you don't want others to judge you for liking the game, you have to not show judgements towards people that feel differently than you do. In order to gain respect, you have to show it. I'm more than ok you enjoy reading two books at the same time too since it seems like you enjoy both the Sims 3 and the Sims 4 which is cool.

I don't want to continue this but I think you are wrong in your comprehension of simgirl's statement. I don't see it as a judgement on others at all. I see the comment as an observation born out of experience of how crap it is to be trying to love a game but being disappointed instead. Very respectfully... I believe various other nasty posts in the past where 'those who disliked TS4' were told by 'those who loved TS4' to basically stop playing has left a 'reaction' embedded to these kind of posts. THIS situation and series of comments are very different. :)

*typos

edited February 2016

I don't want to continue this but I think you are wrong in your comprehension of simgirl's statement. I don't see it as a judgement on others at all. I see the comment as an observation born out of experience of how crap it is to be trying to love a game but being disappointed instead. Very respectfully... I believe various other nasty posts in the past where 'those who disliked TS4' were told by 'those who loved TS4' to basically stop playing has left a 'reaction' embedded to these kind of posts. THIS situation and series of comments are very different. :)

*typos
    I don't know. I've been told not to play it when I liked it and when I was just ok with it by other Sims 4 players, so I guess that makes me an outlier. Saying anything is "depressing" is strong in the English language as passing judgements of a mental disorder. I think a different word could have been used if she meant something else. But it's ok misunderstandings happen all the time, so I apologize to her if she meant it in a different way. But it really shouldn't matter to her if someone plays the Sims 4 for whatever reason, because Gurus actually want people to play their games otherwise there would be no point of developing them. ;)
    Scobre wrote: »

*typos
    I don't know. I've been told not to play it when I liked it and when I was just ok with it by Sims 4 players, so I guess that makes me an outlier. Saying anything is "depressing" is strong in the English language as passing judgements of a mental disorder. I think a different word could have been used if she meant something else. But it's ok misunderstandings happen all the time, so I apologize to her if she meant it in a different way.

:)

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Depressing means exactly what it means - a feeling of dejection, or being miserable. It's exactly the right word to use in regards to feeling dispirited or discouraged by something, even Sims 4.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    @simgirl1010 Right, and I said in my post that I apologize if those weren't your intentions. However, 4 or so people including myself took offense in your post, I think problem lies there and not in our ability to comprehend.

Honestly I think there was a better way to phrase your original post.
    Yeah sorry @simgirl1010 for the misunderstanding. Anyway, I hope you continue to enjoy the game. I should get back to playing myself. Happy Simming and bye for now.