Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Party timer "circle" not displaying time remaining properly.

PlaizealotPlaizealot Posts: 176 Member
I just got the patch and am really happy about all the fixes and updates. I am playing the "Base Game" with nocc and no mods. I opened my save and began to play and planned a Birthday Party. The party began and after a few minutes, I noticed the "circle"(timer) was still all white. Upon hovering my mouse I could see the minutes ticking away, but still the icon was solid white. The party continued and I met many goals and noticed that a few minutes before the party was over (right before my eyes) the icon changed from solid white to almost all green with a sliver of white(as it should look). Let me know if I'm the only one who has seen this. If not, then it may be something to investigate.
Post edited by Plaizealot on

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello.
    Has this occurred in your game before? Try having another party and test to see if the same issue occurs. It may have been that it only happened for that party.

If it continues to occur, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    I'm seeing this too but I have some mods in my game so I don't know yet if it's related to them.

Are you using any so we can see if there's one we both use ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• MaryVannMaryVann Posts: 78 Member
    I'm having this issue too. It's happening even if I'm not using mods.
    MaryVann wrote: »
    I'm having this issue too. It's happening even if I'm not using mods.

Hello @MaryVann .
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. Does it occur on all the types of social event parties or certain parties such as birthdays or dinner parties? Also, have you tried repairing the game and resetting the sims 4 folder?
    Hi @rosemow

This happens on all types of parties. I did try resetting the game folder and also a repair game, several times actually. It fixed the problem about half the time. This was without adding any mods. Also, as soon as I save the game, it if was fixed, it breaks again.

Hi @rosemow

This happens on all types of parties. I did try resetting the game folder and also a repair game, several times actually. It fixed the problem about half the time. This was without adding any mods. Also, as soon as I save the game, it if was fixed, it breaks again.

Thankyou for posting about your experiences with the timer issue :) I am sorry that it is occurring in your game.
    Thank you rosemow and you're welcome :)
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    I had this happen in my game tonight. Not only was the timer all white, it also wasn't counting down consistently.

A sim asked my sim to go for boy's night out at Old Quarter Inn, I think that's the name, in Windenburg. My sim's social need was low so I had him start talking to people but he quickly got very tired. That was when I noticed the odd, white timer. I clicked on it and it showed 14 min left. Shortly thereafter I clicked on it again and it showed 57 min remaining. Say what, lol?! I just ended the event and sent my exhausted sim home.

My game is completely vanilla, haven't used cc or mods at all. If I see it again, which I probably will since others are seeing it too, I'll get pics.
    DOLLDRMS1 wrote: »
    I had this happen in my game tonight. Not only was the timer all white, it also wasn't counting down consistently.

A sim asked my sim to go for boy's night out at Old Quarter Inn, I think that's the name, in Windenburg. My sim's social need was low so I had him start talking to people but he quickly got very tired. That was when I noticed the odd, white timer. I clicked on it and it showed 14 min left. Shortly thereafter I clicked on it again and it showed 57 min remaining. Say what, lol?! I just ended the event and sent my exhausted sim home.

My game is completely vanilla, haven't used cc or mods at all. If I see it again, which I probably will since others are seeing it too, I'll get pics.

Hello @DOLLDRMS1 . Thankyou for posting the information about what happened with the timer in your game. I hope that the issue doesn't occur in your game again. If it does occur , it would be good to see the pictures,
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    I'm sorta having this opposite but when happens in my game is when my sim gets invited out by a friend and there's a timer at the top, it will be almost green like the time is going to end but if I hover over it, it says I have 1 hour left.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    DeKay wrote: »
    I'm sorta having this opposite but when happens in my game is when my sim gets invited out by a friend and there's a timer at the top, it will be almost green like the time is going to end but if I hover over it, it says I have 1 hour left.

Hello
    Does the same thing occur with the timer when you throw a party? Or does it only occur when your sim is invited by another sim?
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    Does the same thing occur with the timer when you throw a party? Or does it only occur when your sim is invited by another sim?

When my sims host a party, it seems to be working fine for me for the costume party that came in the Deluxe upgrade. However, I do get the same bug for the house party. It seems to start at around 10 mins and once it reaches 0min, it resets back to 59min, then all the way down to 0min and then reset again to 59min and so on.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif

Hello

When my sims host a party, it seems to be working fine for me for the costume party that came in the Deluxe upgrade. However, I do get the same bug for the house party. It seems to start at around 10 mins and once it reaches 0min, it resets back to 59min, then all the way down to 0min and then reset again to 59min and so on.

Thankyou for posting what happens in your game. There seems to be issues with the ttimer in the game.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited February 2016
    OK. I tried without mods yesterday but got bored quickly without MC Command Center. I did have one event where I was invited and it seemed normal on that.

Also for me it only happened when I was invited, not when I was inviting.

Seems the timer is wonky at best then.

Would someone be so inclined to make a report at AHQ for me.

I'll be collecting some more data myself but at this point, I can't make a educated bug report myself.

Feel free to link this thread in your report but please do describe what you are seeing there too. Best is to use the template.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• waggymiley2013waggymiley2013 Posts: 239 Member
    Im having the same problem with events. Sims get invited to other lots and the circle just stays white. Also it seemed like the events didn't want to end. The outing lasted like 5 sims hours by the time it lasted that long i ended up cancelling the event.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Having the same problem as the OP.
  • Ben1010Ben1010 Posts: 270 Member
    Plaizealot wrote: »
    I just got the update and am really happy about all the fixes and updates. I am playing the "Base Game" with nocc and no mods. I opened my save and began to play and planned a Birthday Party. The party began and after a few minutes, I noticed the "circle"(timer) was still all white. Upon hovering my mouse I could see the minutes ticking away, but still the icon was solid white. The party continued and I met many goals and noticed that a few minutes before the party was over (right before my eyes) the icon changed from solid white to almost all red with a sliver of white(as it should look). Let me know if I'm the only one who has seen this. If not, then it may be something to investigate.

I've been having similar issues since the update, however the tasks are not showing up as well as the timer. Whenever my Sim goes to work at the Hospital, I have to "guess" what task is set for her initially and then that "activates" the rest of the tasks which appear afterwards.
    Ben1010 wrote: »
    I just got the update and am really happy about all the fixes and updates. I am playing the "Base Game" with nocc and no mods. I opened my save and began to play and planned a Birthday Party. The party began and after a few minutes, I noticed the "circle"(timer) was still all white. Upon hovering my mouse I could see the minutes ticking away, but still the icon was solid white. The party continued and I met many goals and noticed that a few minutes before the party was over (right before my eyes) the icon changed from solid white to almost all red with a sliver of white(as it should look). Let me know if I'm the only one who has seen this. If not, then it may be something to investigate.

I've been having similar issues since the update, however the tasks are not showing up as well as the timer. Whenever my Sim goes to work at the Hospital, I have to "guess" what task is set for her initially and then that "activates" the rest of the tasks which appear afterwards.

Hello @Ben1010 .
    Do you have cc/mods in your game? If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there.
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
    Im having the same problem with events. Sims get invited to other lots and the circle just stays white. Also it seemed like the events didn't want to end. The outing lasted like 5 sims hours by the time it lasted that long i ended up cancelling the event.

Hello @waggymiley2013, @Plaizealot @Maryvann @alanmichael1 Would one of you like to set up a thread at the AHQ EA site about the issue?
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • PlaizealotPlaizealot Posts: 176 Member
    edited February 2016
    Hi @rosemow

I also tried what @Rosemow suggested and it seemed like repairing the game is what fixed it, but then I did notice(like @MaryVann ) that after it was fixed and I then saved the game, the glitch would show-up again. I've only seen this on parties that my sim hosts. I do hope this info will point someone in the right direction to reach a resolution for this issue.
    Hi @rosemow

I also tried what @Rosemow suggested and it seemed like repairing the game is what fixed it, but then I did notice(like @MaryVann ) that after it was fixed and I then saved the game, the glitch would show-up again. I've only seen this on parties that my sim hosts. I do hope this info will point someone in the right direction to reach a resolution for this issue.

Hello @Plaizealot .
    Would you like to set up a thread at the AHQ EA site about the issue?
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Ben1010Ben1010 Posts: 270 Member

Hello @Ben1010 .
    Do you have cc/mods in your game? If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there.
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Thank you @rosemow I have managed to find the corrupt file, it was the UI_Cheats_Extention_v15 package file by weerbesu

Hello @Ben1010 .

Thank you @rosemow I have managed to find the corrupt file, it was the UI_Cheats_Extention_v15 package file by weerbesu

I am glad that you were able to find the mod causing the issue. :) Thankyou for letting us know the mod that was causing the issue.
  • PlaizealotPlaizealot Posts: 176 Member
    edited February 2016
    @Ben1010 wrote>>

Again, I'm not using any mods or CC to include Expansion packs or Stuff packs. I'm using the Basic Game "stripped, if you will", so I don't have this package file that you speak of. Try saving the game after removing your mod and then hosting a party and see if it happens again.