Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 001 - Rules

Comments

• VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    New Drifter doing a Let's Play on their channel has been added 2 the beginning of this thread
    Majorgamer Ashley ~ www.youtube.com/channel/UC1sWLjj6clb8i82ugNxi4lQ
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    @somebodysangel I read your blog. Great start. Yeah some parts can be a little boring but I love doing the challenges. They get better as you progress. The first one is pretty straight forward. I like to watch the things they do when you are not controlling them. Sometimes I would find myself yelling at the computer like that helps LOL. Have fun. Looks like you are close to completing this one. :)
  • SimmerPTSimmerPT Posts: 128 Member
    Hey Drifters!

I just started blogging and my first story is up on my blog. It is called The Mckenna Legacy: A Drifter story
    If you would like to read it you can go here
    It tells the story of my Drifter Challenge founder Zuri McKenna, who starts a new life in the city of Oasis Springs.
    Hope you guys like it. Will be uploading regularly hopefully (at least 1 post/week).

cpbbxqP.png

Love you all Drifters!
    cpbbxqP.png
    Origin ID:badana90
    Blog:simmerptstories.wordpress.com/
    Youtube Channel:Simmer Pt
    Let's Play:The Drifter Challenge House 003
    Hey guys a new Chapter is up on My blog for The McKenna Legacy. Go check it out!
    The McKenna Legacy: A Drifter Story | 001.2 Friends are all you got
    cpbbxqP.png
    Good Evening Drifters!
    New Chapter released on the blog!

The McKenna Legacy: A Drifter Story | 001.3 Celebrating
    cpbbxqP.png
    cpbbxqP.png
  • BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    OK, I am torned; Do I continue to read hoping to find the answers to my questions? But risking some spoilers? Or do I ask now and risk some double - posting? I hate spoilers, so I think I risk the latter, because this sounds like one fun challenge!!!

1) Is MC Command Center allowed? For easy access to a dynamic evolving population. Not the cheaty stuff where you flag sims for pregnacies etc, but normal stuff .
    2) Is Zerbu's Turbo Careers allowed for your played sim? I love that mod and love it for its extra story telling depth.
    3) On the same matter - is custom careers (Like politics), and custom aspirations and traits allowed?
    4) Am I allowed to use potions? Pretty, pretty please say yes.......

AMB.jpg
  • somebodysangelsomebodysangel Posts: 4 New Member
    House 1 is complete, sorry, forgot to post here - final chapter sachallenges.wordpress.com/2016/01/14/house-001-chapter-2/ Onto house 2 now!
  • FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    @Bloudwed potions are allowed as long as you pay for them with lifetime points and as long as you don't use your mods as a way to cheat with money or with the life of your sim I don't see why you shouldn't use them. Since jobs are allowed custom jobs would be too. Same with custom traits as long as it doesn't make life easier for your sim.
    Fennadev wrote: »
    @Bloudwed potions are allowed as long as you pay for them with lifetime points and as long as you don't use your mods as a way to cheat with money or with the life of your sim I don't see why you shouldn't use them. Since jobs are allowed custom jobs would be too. Same with custom traits as long as it doesn't make life easier for your sim.

Woop woop! You just made my day! :-D Thank you!
    AMB.jpg
    edited February 2016
    OK, here is my contribution to the challenge. Two twists though: 1) I do it as a Rainbowcy! 2) The videos will all be in Swedish (Sometime once in a blue moon I promise to fix subtitles!).....

I love to play this challenge, but I have a feeling it will be quite addictive....

https://youtu.be/TnHdHvoEjus.
    AMB.jpg
    edited February 2016
    Added -Me Myself and My Sims ~ www.youtube.com/channel/UCga0gp1chvFGXNmDw1-cPMg to the list of Drifters doing House 001 (1st page of this thread) :smiley:
    I cannot wait 2 get watching! I've also added u onto my YouTube channel list of Drifters doing Let's Plays! Happy Drifting!

Now 2 answer your questions...
    Bloudwed wrote: »
    OK, I am torned; Do I continue to read hoping to find the answers to my questions? But risking some spoilers? Or do I ask now and risk some double - posting? I hate spoilers, so I think I risk the latter, because this sounds like one fun challenge!!!
    1) Is MC Command Center allowed? For easy access to a dynamic evolving population. Not the cheaty stuff where you flag sims for pregnacies etc, but normal stuff .
    2) Is Zerbu's Turbo Careers allowed for your played sim? I love that mod and love it for its extra story telling depth.
    3) On the same matter - is custom careers (Like politics), and custom aspirations and traits allowed?
    4) Am I allowed to use potions? Pretty, pretty please say yes.......

1. I c no reason that u couldn't use this Mod as u r proposing :smile:
    2. Zerbu's Turbo Careers is grey area...it will theoretically allow u more play time w/certain Sims...so therefor COULD end up giving u an advantage over other players doing the challenge. However...this is your game...it's meant 2 b fun! I simply give u some rule sets...u can follow them as much or as little as u would like as this is YOUR game :wink:
    3. Custom Aspirations, Careers, & Traits also fall into grey area as far as if they are allowed. Some aspirations/careers/traits may make it easier as far as gaining aspiration points/lifetime goals etc. But is it's something u really want in your game....it's totally your choice :smile:
    4. All potions & aspiration rewards (except life prolonging stuff) is ok! :smiley:

Basically...the use of mods is entirely up 2 u. I set up the rules on how I c The Drifter Challenge should go. It's your judgement whether you'd like 2 change things or keep the integrity of the challenge as I've set it up. No 1 way is really "wrong" I just want ya'll 2 have fun & experience as much of the game as possible :smiley:

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    https://megansparrow6.wordpress.com is my blog from now on, posted day 1 on it :)
    Only I don't know how to continue this blog, must I make a new message every time, or a new page? I am completely noob with blogging.
    @Fennadev How cute!! ;)
    I've never used Wordpress so I have no clue :D Gonna' ask on Twitter & c if we can't get u an answer -k-
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Fennadev wrote: »
    https://megansparrow6.wordpress.com is my blog from now on, posted day 1 on it :)
    Only I don't know how to continue this blog, must I make a new message every time, or a new page? I am completely noob with blogging.

Posts are usually where you posts all your updates. Pages are where you post the more permanent stuff, like you may want to have an index-page for each House or if you plan to run more challenges one page for each challenge. Pages are good in that way that you can actually stick them on the top of your wordpress site like a menu. You can have a look at my own blog to see how I have done it: http://keepitsimplysims.com/
    AMB.jpg
    A House for Zuri in this new chapter

The McKenna Legacy: A Drifter Story | 001.5 Building up
    cpbbxqP.png
    THX 4 sharing the update @SimmerPT :smiley:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • NakendraNakendra Posts: 179 Member
    edited February 2016
    YAY!!!! I finally became a full member, so that mean I can start sharing with all you lovely people.

Since I failed house 002, I decided to start from the very beginning with a new sim I've just finish making.
    Please meet Miss Anya Drifter

She is in the same save as my last Drifter family, I did delete the houses, so really do hope she will be able to run into some of them. If you would like to view the last family, you can find them in my gallery origin ID: Rakisha or later on I'll just post the few pictures I did have of them.

Okay can't get my pictures to show up, so once I figure out how to do it, I'll edited the post again.

OK, I still can't figure it out.
  • NakendraNakendra Posts: 179 Member
    Once again please say Hello to Anya Drifter
    DN3LJpe.jpg
    wqzQU2X.jpg
    @Nakendra She is beautiful! I LOVE LOVE LOVE her pink hair! GL Drifter!! :smiley:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited February 2016
    OK, my turn to show up my achievements so far:

Meet Aurora Berry - Creative, Outdoor Lover and Perfectionist

2016-02-02_13-46-53.png

And here is pictures of part of her family and her home:

Floor 1: 2 bedrooms and a small bathroom

2016-02-09_14-55-23.png

Floor 2: Kitchen and dining in one go. Especially satisfied with the kitchen island! Do you start to sense a theme when it come to colour yet?

2016-02-09_14-55-13.png

Floor 3: Combined Art Studio and TV room (Movie Night SP is sooo cool!) since Aurora is an artist and painter by occupation.

2016-02-09_15-57-35.png

And the final overview. Yes, any likeness with a lighthouse is very much a conscious choice! Networth a bit over 30 000$! The middle colour on second floor indicates what colour scheme the heir will carry....

2016-02-09_14-54-50.png

AMB.jpg
    Hey guys!

I've been working on my blog this week, and I'm making the move from Blogger to WordPress.
    Just wanted to let you guys a link to my new WordPress blog. **pokes @Vihisha**

Happy Simming!
    cpbbxqP.png
    @Bloudwed Thank-u SOOOO much 4 sharing all the screenshots & telling us a bit about your house...I think the Lighthouse idea is so cool!!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    @SimmerPT I went ahead replaced your blog links w/this new 1...thank-u so much 4 the heads up! :smile:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Rules have been updated due 2 The Romantic Garden Stuff Pack adding the Whispering Wishing Well game play

:star: -All wishes using the Whispering Wishing Well (Romantic Garden Stuff Pack) are ok EXCEPT
    -Wish For Youthful Vigor (all life stages)
    -Wish For Life (ghost state)

:star: -Heir must be made through woohoo for baby command with someone in the household & your "main Sim" (no adopted alien abduction or children who have been added to your household using the Whispering Wishing Well children can be the heir)

rXyqmuX.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top