Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would you rate The Sims 4 out of 10

Comments

• NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I sure hope none of the players giving it less than 5 are still playing because that's awfully sad and depressing to be playing a game you rate so lowly. :(

I agree... be a bit strange to keep playing something you really don't like. :/
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I sure hope none of the players giving it less than 5 are still playing because that's awfully sad and depressing to be playing a game you rate so lowly. :(
    Not really...
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    edited May 2016
    8/10 I hope that number will go up with more expansion packs.
    Post edited by Saga-Minx on
    Scobre wrote: »
    Why does it matter? I play to kill bugs for other players out. I actually want to help improve the game as a whole for everyone not just the existing fan base and there are actually nice Sims 4 players that I like to talk about the game with and share CC with. It's not the only Sims game I play. I play all four. It shouldn't make a difference to you or to anyone that I play multiple Sims games at once. I know you play multiple Sims games too. I don't judge you on that. I expect the same respect. Saying that I don't like it is a bit presumptuous to say. I neither hate or love the game and honestly Gurus are more than ok with that. I've asked them. So if it doesn't bother them, why should it bother you? But to pass prejudice judgements even on the Sims anniversary towards Simmers is depressing in itself. Shouldn't Sims 4 players encourage sales of the Sims 4, not bully Simmers away from the game? I want the game to succeed, don't you? I expected better from you. Don't give Sims 4 players a bad reputation. Follow rosemow and luthienrising's example of helping others out with their games. Sometimes helping them fix a bug or figuring out how to do something in the game can brighten someone's day. I know the latest patch brighten mine and so did the anniversary. I even share pictures in your happy thread. It's not like you don't know that I still play it. XD

It's funny really since joining forums. I've been judged by Simmers for liking the game, for being ok with the game, for entering giveaways, for reporting bugs, or for simply talking to Gurus. And now for dare giving the Sims 4 a rating. XD It's getting beyond silly at this point. I can see why most people avoid going online to talk about the Sims now. I saved myself 13 years of that, although I heard the Sims community used to be more united with previous Sims games. At least there are still cool people to talk to don't care if you like a certain Sims game or not, so that makes forums worth it.

I didn't take that comment as a mean one. More along the lines that it would be awful for someone still playing even though they are really not enjoying it. There is nothing worse than trying to like a game and hanging in there hoping and hoping that it will get better for you and then realizing that you still really just plain don't like the game.

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited February 2016
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

I didn't take that comment as a mean one. More along the lines that it would be awful for someone still playing even though they are really not enjoying it. There is nothing worse than trying to like a game and hanging in there hoping and hoping that it will get better for you and then realizing that you still really just plain don't like the game.
    I don't know there is nothing worst than playing the Sims 4 game and having so called Sims 4 "fans" tell others not to play the Sims 4 on a daily basis. It is like they want to kill the Sims 4 early or something. It's weird. Like I'm in the Twilight Zone. Like they enjoy seeing Simmers unhappy. Don't Simmers know that negativity doing that is what drives Simmers and potential new customers away from the game sometimes? Like, "oh Sims 4 players don't want others to play the Sims 4, the game must really be that bad for them to do that." It comes off as bad word of mouth. It makes it seem like the Sims 4 makes players that play it seem unhappy. I noticed the negativity from Sims 4 players right away when I joined forums. It was extremely sad to see. I wish they were happier. Like if they have an awesome game, they should enjoy it and if it's that good, shouldn't make a difference what other opinions are on it. It didn't with the Sims 3 and it didn't divide that community. So why is it so divided with this game? What changed? What happened to the passionate and helpful and creative community I loved? I know rosemow is the perfect example of showing that love still. I know I haven't been on these forums that long, but something changed in between the Sims 3 and 4 and I don't know what it was. I noticed it outside of forums too when the Sims 4 was first released. It just makes me sad how divided the community is now that people can't even give an opinion without it being attacked now or rate a video game. I saw comments like that given with the SimCity forums and it didn't help that game. It won't help this one either. If she wants the game to live and grow, she's got to encourage others to play it. Every good word of mouth sprouts new seeds.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    edited February 2016
    I agree that it would be very mean to read someone telling you not to play the game and I have read posts like that and felt very uncomfortable with how unfair, rude and disrespectful such posts are. I'm not sure exactly why the forums are quite divided but I suspect it stems from the disappointment so many of us felt on launch day (as well as other 'infamous' days since). But I won't rehash all that again. I always feel badly for simmers who are struggling to like the game, I've certainly been in that place and probably will go there again no doubt. :/ The simple fact is that if I want to play a game like the sims then I actually have to play the sims. It can be a source of great discontent when there is no other game I can turn to.

There are pockets of positivity about this game, including in this forum. I suppose you just have to look at those places/threads and try not to look at the negative posts, as for me too, that negativity can extract the enjoyment right out of playing if I let it.

*edited: I think eventually the negativity may stop as there is no use debating a mute point at the end of the day. I guess simmers will either adapt, mod, be happy or just simply let their purchasing choices do the talking.

I agree that it would be very mean to read someone telling you not to play the game and I have read posts like that and felt very uncomfortable with how unfair, rude and disrespectful such posts are. I'm not sure exactly why the forums are quite divided but I suspect it stems from the disappointment so many of us felt on launch day (as well as other 'infamous' days since). But I won't rehash all that again. I always feel badly for simmers who are struggling to like the game, I've certainly been in that place and probably will go there again no doubt. :/ The simple fact is that if I want to play a game like the sims then I actually have to play the sims. It can be a source of great discontent when there is no other game I can turn to.

There are pockets of positivity about this game, including in this forum. I suppose you just have to look at those places/threads and try not to look at the negative posts, as for me, that negativity can extract the enjoyment right out of playing if I let it.
    Thanks for explaining it. I just get really confused with what happened around that time. I'm glad it doesn't. I hope you continue to enjoy the game.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Why does it matter? I play to kill bugs for other players out. I actually want to help improve the game as a whole for everyone not just the existing fan base and there are actually nice Sims 4 players that I like to talk about the game with and share CC with. It's not the only Sims game I play. I play all four. It shouldn't make a difference to you or to anyone that I play multiple Sims games at once. I know you play multiple Sims games too. I don't judge you on that. I expect the same respect. Saying that I don't like it is a bit presumptuous to say. I neither hate or love the game and honestly Gurus are more than ok with that. I've asked them. So if it doesn't bother them, why should it bother you? But to pass prejudice judgements even on the Sims anniversary towards Simmers is depressing in itself. Shouldn't Sims 4 players encourage sales of the Sims 4, not bully Simmers away from the game? I want the game to succeed, don't you? I expected better from you. Don't give Sims 4 players a bad reputation. Follow rosemow and luthienrising's example of helping others out with their games. Sometimes helping them fix a bug or figuring out how to do something in the game can brighten someone's day. I know the latest patch brighten mine and so did the anniversary. I even share pictures in your happy thread. It's not like you don't know that I still play it. XD

It's funny really since joining forums. I've been judged by Simmers for liking the game, for being ok with the game, for entering giveaways, for reporting bugs, or for simply talking to Gurus. And now for dare giving the Sims 4 a rating. XD It's getting beyond silly at this point. I can see why most people avoid going online to talk about the Sims now. I saved myself 13 years of that, although I heard the Sims community used to be more united with previous Sims games. At least there are still cool people to talk to don't care if you like a certain Sims game or not, so that makes forums worth it.

It came off a bit condescending to me. I apologize if those weren't her intentions
    Either way most of us are dedicated simmers. I believe that passion is why most of us stick around, or may harshly criticize the game but still check in every now and then to see if it has improved. A 5/10 to me seems pretty on the fence. I might give it a 5.8/10 though. I found a way to play where I can enjoy the game at times, but I still feel there's so much missing and so many things that can be improved. I don't think its sad or anyone's business if people rate the game lowly and still play it. Or if people say they dislike something one day but grow to love it the next. Being generally curious, isn't it great that people are showing interest in a game you're interested in as well. Even if a few days or weeks ago they criticized it. Shouldn't you be happy for them that they too can enjoy the game? Or is it something else...?

Well my rating 5.8/10
    Taking off points for the crazy bugs I have experienced, the lack of features and the wacky A.I Ex. My sims getting in a huge fight and then laughing and joking right after. I have so much hope for this game and I see it slooooooowly getting better. I'm cheering for it but till then I will have to give it a piece of my mind.

There are pockets of positivity about this game, including in this forum. I suppose you just have to look at those places/threads and try not to look at the negative posts, as for me, that negativity can extract the enjoyment right out of playing if I let it.
    Thanks for explaining it. I just get really confused with what happened around that time. I'm glad it doesn't. I hope you continue to enjoy the game.

Well, that's just my personal view but I hope you can get some enjoyment out of ts4 too. After all there's nothing better than 'losing yourself' in the sims for hours. :) (I also edited in a sentence in the post you quoted...just incase you missed that after-thought.)

Trashmagic wrote: »

It came off a bit condescending to me. I apologize if those weren't her intentions
    Either way most of us are dedicated simmers. I believe that passion is why most of us stick around, or may harshly criticize the game but still check in every now and then to see if it has improved. A 5/10 to me seems pretty on the fence. I might give it a 5.8/10 though. I found a way to play where I can enjoy the game at times, but I still feel there's so much missing and so many things that can be improved. I don't think its sad or anyone's business if people rate the game lowly and still play it. Or if people say they dislike something one day but grow to love it the next. Being generally curious, isn't it great that people are showing interest in a game you're interested in as well. Even if a few days or weeks ago they criticized it. Shouldn't you be happy for them that they too can enjoy the game? Or is it something else...?

Well my rating 5.8/10
    Taking off points for the crazy bugs I have experienced, the lack of features and the wacky A.I Ex. My sims getting in a huge fight and then laughing and joking right after. I have so much hope for this game and I see it slooooooowly getting better. I'm cheering for it but till then I will have to give it a piece of my mind.

I obviously can't speak for the other poster but my perspective came from having been so bitterly disappointed and yet trying to hang in there so I could give the game a chance... it's not a very nice place to be in and for me it was better to take a break for a while... so of course it's lovely to read about other people enjoying it or interesting to read about why other people still rate it low because of certain missing elements and/or bugs.

Anyway... I seem to have taken this thread way off topic ...Sorry for that OP.

edited February 2016

Well, that's just my personal view but I hope you can get some enjoyment out of ts4 too. After all there's nothing better than 'losing yourself' in the sims for hours. :) (I also edited in a sentence in the post you quoted...just incase you missed that after-thought.)
    Oh I have. It got me through gallbladder surgery pain. I was losing an organ, so the Sims 4 helped fill that void. XD So it was well worth the $30 spent on it. The modding community actually got me to finally get the game. Each iteration, I'm always curious to try the mods out for. I've been a mod/CC addict since the Sims 2. I'm more than likely going to buy at least the base game for every Sims game for years I bet and I'm still fairly young, so I'll be a customer for awhile.

I actually was pretty scared around that time thinking I may not wake up from the surgery. So I bought the Sims 4 thinking it may be my last Sims game if I didn't make it. Scary when doctors say, you may not survive from this, so sign these papers. I figured, well if I die, might as well spend a month playing the Sims 4 then since the Sims has been something I've loved for the past 13 years. So technically the Sims 4 is my "death" game which makes me giggle now because I made it and doing really good now.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    7/10 - at launch september 2014
    6/10 - december 2014
    4/10 - february 2015
    3/10 - august 2015 - 1 point CAS - 1 point build mode - 1 point because it's TheSims
    4/10 - february 2016 - because of the latest patch & the latest SP & some of GT features

so ... still a long way to go for TS4 :cookie:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    indeed i do not play it meantime
    & the very sad part is BECAUSE I DO NOT PLAY IT & not that i would play it despite my low rating :confused:
    it's sad because i played the sims from easter 2000 more or less constantly because this was my core game, i am a simmer through & through :confused:

@Scobre thank you :smile:

There are pockets of positivity about this game, including in this forum. I suppose you just have to look at those places/threads and try not to look at the negative posts, as for me too, that negativity can extract the enjoyment right out of playing if I let it.

*edited: I think eventually the negativity may stop as there is no use debating a mute point at the end of the day. I guess simmers will either adapt, mod, be happy or just simply let their purchasing choices do the talking.
    the fan base is divided because many of the players who love this game fear that their playstyle will be removed when all those complainers get what they want with this game - i would call it sort of unimaginative envy, not able or not willing to imagine that this franchise indeed CAN deliver enjoyment to everyone because it depicts human life itself, the processes of the material world (everyday life of a human being today) combined with those of the immaterial (fantasy, fears, dreams & hopes)

maybe it was rather a wonder that the devs of this franchise managed it for so long to keep the fans together offering so different features for so different people with so different playstyles
    but i hope that EA & the devs are trully willing to keep the franchise going as a strong unique title & not one of the many nameless games inbetween

& i hope EA & the devs realise that they cannot handle TheSims, a human life simulation as another game of entertainment, this franchise is just simply to big & attracts too many different people to squeeze it into a shoebox of exchangeability
    the emotions of players fly very high with it, it was so from day one & as long someone is playing this game it will remain so, even if competition should appear - TheSims will remain TheSims, even if the devs & EA should one day succeed to kill it off - a legend cannot be killed

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    I´ll give it 3/10, and not I´m not playing it anymore... and that´s what is really sad
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    5/10.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    7/10 they get a point if they Do Seasons, pets, and Magic the right/my way.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • barracuda1574barracuda1574 Posts: 115 Member
    2/10 I had to subtract 6 points for culling.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    10/10 - I have no problems with the game, it's my favorite in the whole series and only continues to get better in my opinion, for me, the Base Game gets more and more enjoyable as it gets Patches. I love the Style, Emotions and Multi-Tasking that give me more to work with it in terms of stories and I like the improvements made to Build & Buy Mode.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • SimmieSimsSimmieSims Posts: 234 Member
    CAS/Graphics/Objects - 10/10
    I even love the hairstyles, and that never happened before. Aesthetically it's a perfect 10 to me.

Gameplay - 2/10
    I can spend hours in CAS, and then I start playing, and I lose interest after 15 minutes max.
    "Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning." - William Henry Gates III
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Disappointing
    -Missing too much iconic base content/features
    -More limiting than past games
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • AubreyHartAubreyHart Posts: 132 Member
    Sims 1 - 6/10.
    I was too young to really enjoy the game play. Im thinking of picking up a copy just to get nostalgic.

Sims 2 - 9/10.
    Loved it! Still play it occasionally now!

Sims 3 - 9/10.
    I enjoyed this game the best. I liked the open town, so lack of loading screens. Horses were the best thing to be added.

Sims 4 - 6.5//10
    It is a good game, and has a lot of untapped potential. I think GTW was rushed out because its a lacking addition. GT is amazing in comparison. I am however excited to see where they go. I hope we get pets back soon too.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I'm going to say 4.5/10. It had some potential at one time for me. But after some patches that changed some things and others that broke more things, and for all my 'feedback' nothing had been changed about traits mattering more...it's a safe 4.5. That is taking into fact if gained a .5 points when they said they upped the responses to death, and what is going on around them etc. like cheating, but that's not 100% accurate. I'm not sure it matters because it's not making that big of an impact. I still have many (all) Joker Sim faces in my game so, can't actually testify the patch actually made them react more. I would say flimsy on that count. Sometimes for a second, sometimes not just as before.

As far as the happyville feel, it's still there and overwhelming for all my Sims...so it's dropping day by day. Next month I might think 3.5.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member
    2/10..

1jf4RYk.gif
  • JenosisJenosis Posts: 17 New Member
    6/10 (on launch I gave it 3/10). I'm mostly waiting for some other base things to be added back in the base game and waiting for a supernatural-like EP (supernatural was fun other than the werewolf glitch where the werewolf form just goes back to the default face before editing it).