Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Urbz in Windenburg - SakuraLeon's Showcase

SakuraLeonSakuraLeon Posts: 272 Member
edited February 2016 in The Sims 4 Lots
Hello all!

I have decided to create my own showcase, for my Windenburg Urbz Collection.

The Urbz Sims in the City has always been one of my favourite Sims games. And with the new Get Together EP I was inspired to create a whole world full of nightclubs based on each district in The Urbz! And crews for each nightclub, based on the main characters for each district in the game.

Here are some shots, and links for the gallery of my work. Feedback is much appreciated!!

Enjoy!!! :)
Post edited by SakuraLeon on

Comments

• SakuraLeonSakuraLeon Posts: 272 Member
    edited February 2016
    So my first district is Central Station.

This one was hard because the whole lot is underground. I mixed some of the Foundry, plus a little art gallery on the top of the lot. Then added a kind of underground in the middle. The actual station underneath is one of my favourites, in this game and the original Urbz game!

Here we have the Central Station Crew which can be downloaded here

ad26as.jpg

And the Central Station Nightclub, can be downloaded here

2je61dj.jpg
    zyhb88.jpg
    14vpxm0.jpg
    309r3pj.jpg
    2rxw36r.jpg
    2054203.jpg
    rj4g3n.jpg
    2s9uik3.jpg
    edited May 2016
    My next district is Cozmo Street.

This district was hard because the original game has a lot of leopard and zebra print as its main theme. Which as we know is mostly non existent in The Sims 4 :D

I did my best however, and feel a did a good job on the main building design. I even have the beatbox truck outside! Shame no sound comes out of it though =/

The lovely Black Eyed Peas, and Cozmo Street Crew can be downloaded here

2gwguxl.jpg

And the Cozmo Street Nightclub can be downloaded here

zirbjm.jpg
    2iifolz.jpg
    15dryfm.jpg
    2zhntlc.jpg
    mkdbw3.jpg
    25qcbk9.jpg
    25soi8w.jpg
    My next district is Diamond Heights.

This was probably the hardest to create. For those of you who don't know the game, Diamond Heights is set at the top of a massive building. Kind of like Nightlife in The Sims 3.

So I had to try and re-create a building that looks similar to what you can see at the top of the original game building. The other issue is that The Sims 4 doesn't seem to have much gold :D So I gathered what I could find, tweaked a few things here and there, and this is what I have come up with!

Here are the Diamond Heights Crew, they can be downloaded here

288ple9.jpg

And here is the Diamond Heights Nightclub, and it can be downloaded here

9r7lo6.jpg
    9k8qjr.jpg
    jfxnya.jpg
    wa2ip4.jpg
    2rh73b6.jpg
    2nir282.jpg
    My next district is Gasoline Row.

I don't think any of these lots were easy to create. But Gasoline Row seem to work quite well. Maybe because a lot of its original design can be found easily in game.

The main issue was that the original district is along a long highway. Which I obviously cant create in game. So my design is a bit condensed. However I think the crew this time was the most fun to create I hope you can see why :smile:

Here is my Gasoline Row Crew, and they can be downloaded here

2wc1poz.jpg

And you can download Gasoline Row Nightclub here

106y5xs.jpg
    a2aj36.jpg
    wlrxqo.jpg
    2w5r0hg.jpg
    oh0d2p.jpg
    6zskmt.jpg
    edited February 2016
    My next district is Kicktail Park.

This was another one of my favourites in the original game, I just loved the soundtrack for this district! I feel this build went well even though I had some issues making the ice cream (machine) Also the original district is quite narrow, so I had to tweak my nightclub to fit the lots available in game. I do feel the skate ramp went quite well though! :smile:

This is my Kicktail Park Crew, and they can be downloaded here

vceid.jpg

And the Kicktail Park Nightclub can be downloaded here

a4781s.jpg
    250751j.jpg
    xas87s.jpg
    no97gl.jpg
    29ve4pz.jpg
    My next district is Neon East.

This was my favourite build (I think) And hopefully you will see why!

A lot of the Spa Day wall textures came in useful with this creation. And it was fun giving it that oriental feel. The crew was a bit harder to design. In the original Urbz game the Neon East crew are extremely eccentric, however a lot of the new Get Together items came in really handy for their design!

This is my Neon East crew, and they can be downloaded here

33kxb0j.jpg

And this is my Neon East Nightclub and it can be downloaded here

2d0mob6.jpg
    2mwf71k.jpg
    2eey4k4.jpg
    2dmfimv.jpg
    2yule05.jpg
    My next district is Skyline Beach.

Like Diamond Heights, Skyline Beach is situated on top of a building. So again I tried to design a possible look for the whole building.

For this build I took inspiration from 80's Brooklyn, and tried to make the building look inhabited (from the outside) I also added the actual bar on the ground floor beside the building. The rooftop is slightly condensed so I didn't have any more space for it unfortunately.

Here is my Skyline Beach Crew and they can be downloaded here

2cmrjma.jpg

And you can download my Skyline Beach Nightclub here

20qv89.jpg
    3450lna.jpg
    2a7fztz.jpg
    n4jo6h.jpg
    21jsl01.jpg
    edited May 2016
    My next district is Southside Bridge.

I was not sure which angle to create this build from, as in the original game I think its quite narrow. However I think I am really happy with the main building here. I feel it looks quite similar to the original, and some of the Get Together additions really help it along!

I believe the main game in the nightclub in The Urbz is the roulette wheel, however In The Sims 4 we will have to make do with cards (not poker) tables :p

This is my Southside Bridge crew, and they can be downloaded here

6rkr36.jpg

This is my Southside Bridge Nightclub and it can be downloaded here

2crow9i.jpg
    2wfn7k2.jpg
    2im45xx.jpg
    nmgs2g.jpg
    auiozt.jpg
    ml1oy9.jpg
    And my final Urbz creation, The Foundry!

This is another of my favourites in the original game (might as well say they are all my favourites)

I have built The Foundry before, and I enjoy building it. I love the arty/hipster/industrial feel to the district. And I feel this creation for my collection has gone quite well. I think their style is also closer to what I prefer so that could be a bias. Also as they love their coffee, it can also alternatively become a café, as the left side of the building is already one :)

Here are my Foundry Crew, and they can be downloaded here

308kuqf.jpg

And here is my Foundry Nightclub, and it can be downloaded here

34pkz7c.jpg
    zv6f9.jpg
    j6sfwm.jpg
    2wd7c7n.jpg
    df8ykg.jpg
    oss4dt.jpg
    So that's it for now everyone, and thanks for stopping by!!!

Comments and feedback is much appreciated. I also take any requests, so if you have something you would love to see in The Sims 4 and think I have the style for it, let me know ;)

On the gallery you can find any of my Windenburg Urbz Collection under the hashtag #windenburgurbz and/or #sakuraleon

Also in the builds themselves, I have added in the description, hashtags to their joining crews, or (townies), and vice versa.

:)
  • HeavenessHeaveness Posts: 647 Member
    Hahaha I love it @SakuraLeon I looked at all the screenshots and I love how each one is so nicely detailed and filled with personality! <3 It shows lots of character and so do your households! I like it very much~ :) Keep up the fantastic work! :*<3
    My Origin ID: Heaveness680
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    It is very nice that you have set up a showcase thread for your Windenburg Urbz Collection :) The sims and the accompanying night clubs for each of the districts look so very great! Each of the districts are uniquely different and you have very creatively designed the night clubs and sims to suit the district. The night clubs and sims are very nice! :)
    You may like to move your thread to the Sims 4 Lots section of the forums? There are many build showcases there You can do that by pressing the gear wheel on the top right hand side of this thread. The gear wheel is on the right hand side of the page on the same line where the title of the thread is.It is just above the first post in the thread.Click edit, then change the location of your thread under the title of your thread.
  • BobSkellingtonBobSkellington Posts: 9,206 Member
    SakuraLeon wrote: »
    My next district is Diamond Heights.

This was probably the hardest to create. For those of you who don't know the game, Diamond Heights is set at the top of a massive building. Kind of like Nightlife in The Sims 3.

So I had to try and re-create a building that looks similar to what you can see at the top of the original game building. The other issue is that The Sims 4 doesn't seem to have much gold :D So I gathered what I could find, tweaked a few things here and there, and this is what I have come up with!

Here are the Diamond Heights Crew, they can be downloaded here

288ple9.jpg

And here is the Diamond Heights Nightclub, and it can be downloaded here

9r7lo6.jpg
    9k8qjr.jpg
    jfxnya.jpg
    wa2ip4.jpg
    2rh73b6.jpg
    2nir282.jpg

Diamond Heights was always my favourite <3
    Beauty obtains attention, but personality is what captures the heart. ♥
    sox3c8.jpg
  • BobSkellingtonBobSkellington Posts: 9,206 Member
    Great work on all of them, though. This could not have been easy :)
    Beauty obtains attention, but personality is what captures the heart. ♥
    sox3c8.jpg
  • HeavenessHeaveness Posts: 647 Member
    Oh forgot to mention that I bookmarked this because I want to see more!~ <3
    My Origin ID: Heaveness680
  • ureshii_waureshii_wa Posts: 598 Member
    edited November 2016
    ''.''
    Post edited by ureshii_wa on
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Hi @SakuraLeon ! :) I've always admired your builds for a long time. It's great that you finally have a showcase thread! :) Awesome builds as always.
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Amazing work!! :heart: It's been Ages since I've played that game... not sure if I even have it anymore, lol :p You did a remarkable job recreating everything. My faves were always Cozmo Street, loved that music and Fergie (Love her!) and Diamond Heights of course. Really Awesome! :blush:
  • PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    Ha! This is very cool :smiley: I remember I used to play this game with friends and we had so much fun :D
    It was so easy making fast money while modeling on Diamond Heights :) Really enjoyed this game. It had some decent
    music as well, especially in Neon East (this track was my favourite there) :)

Great job on recreating all these cool places! <3 I will def check them out in game :)
  • PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    Oh and the simmies look extremely good as well <3 Really great job!
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Fantastic showcase, really enjoyed looking through this collection :) Amazing work recreating all the clubs and crews :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    It's great to see your showcase thread! :smiley:

Each of your The Urbz builds are urbanic great! :smiley:
    I haven't played The Ubrz yet, but I'm pretty sure it reflects from the building very well! I really love that urban feel! Your Diamond Heights Nightclub is my favorite one, it looks very luxurious! Your townies are very beautiful too! :smiley:
    I know I already added each of these to my faves, but if not, I'm adding all of these to my faves! :smiley:

And by the way, for the tip, try to untick Capture UI from Game Options, then Screen Capture to hide the UIs in this game. Hope this helps! :)
    UiS9vHu.png
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • NofravellNofravell Posts: 975 Member
    Pure awesomeness. I never got around to play the Urbz game mydelf, but some of your clubs and sims might find their way into my game. Well done!
  • WackeldackelXL49WackeldackelXL49 Posts: 182 Member
    Hello my dear Sakuraleon your Showcase is fantastic and your Sims look very beautiful!! Amazing creation!! :);)<3