Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grr....Maxis rubbing unfaithful Sims in my face for VDAY patch!?

Comments

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    JoBass24us wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    clearly she's staring at the gnome.

hcodbcp_by_mphattyboi-d9qlcxl.jpg

Honestly it's all about perception.

Why do you think people cheat?

Cheat on the maid, the gardener the Nanny.

because they see them doing what they wish their husband/wife should be doing.

Careful now. Some might interpret that as Maxis opening up further avenues to sims cheating on each other.

wouldn't want that now would we? ;)
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    Really? That's cool because I thought I was the only one. Actually the hubby is also here laughing at your irrational thought process, but hey anything for entertainment. :p

Ahh see now you've taken it too far, you've become mean and insulting.

Too bad really...

Darn it, I forgot, you're easily offended. My bad.

Again I find it ironic that you have the word love in your signature.

Again, you show the baseless objectivity of your opinions. You can judge me as a person and my capacity to love based on some random exchanges on a games forum?

You're further out there than I thought.

I bid you adieu this is no longer entertaining as you seem to be getting creepy.

I honestly don't agree much with the OP, but you are taking it too far. For a whole page you have been mocking him. Like give it a rest already
    21mbz47.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    I see Nancy Landgraab as being that sort of character. The desperate housewife type.

I usually keep my sims in game faithful to each other, but a lot of simmers like those kinds of storylines.

I would like to see sims only enter into unfaithful relationships if it is player-directed, though. When I am playing my rotation, it is frustrating to see sims have random 'lovebird' relationships around town.

I agree it's a game issue that should be addressed, but I don't take offense to the marketing.

Player-directed, that's the very heart of it. I do so wish they'd fix the italics on the forums. I either have to use all caps in the word I want to emphasize or bold. Face/palm. It's been ages.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited February 2016
    LOl!

I'd be surprised if you hadn't!

Clearly you have no respect for anybody other then yourself, you actually seem to enjoy being a online bully apparently.

Not that I should be surprised, prisons are overflowing with people that have no respect for civilized society.

So now I'm prison bound online bully that lacks respect for others, other then myself? Let me guess, you placed them there with your law prowess?

Tell me again how I am the one insulting you here?

Thankfully I have a sense of humor, and you are cracking me up.

I'm very proud to say I work for a law firm which specializes in helping vulnerable and abused clients pro bono. We deal specifically helping clients that have been in abusive relationships and have recently been working with the city to help displaced youth from violent homes.

So ya, perhaps I take your behavior offensively because I see where it often leads in the darkest corners of society. I get the sense from you in the same way a drunk driver gets behind a wheel, that their actions won't hurt anybody but themselves because "they are right" or don't see any harm in it.
  • JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    edited February 2016
    LOl!

Clearly you have no respect for anybody other then yourself, you actually seem to enjoy being a online bully apparently.

Not that I should be surprised, prisons are overflowing with people that have no respect for civilized society.

So now I'm prison bound online bully that lacks respect for others, other then myself? Let me guess, you placed them there with your law prowess?

I'm very proud to say I work for a law firm which specializes in helping vulnerable and abused clients pro bono. We deal specifically helping clients that have been in abusive relationships and have recently been working with the city to help displaced youth from violent homes.

So ya, perhaps I take your behavior offensively because I see where it often leads in the darkest corners of society. I get the sense from you in the same way a drunk driver gets behind a wheel, that their actions won't hurt anybody but themselves because "they are right" or don't see any harm in it.

Ahh!

Well based on your line of work I can see how you might be pre-disposed to judging the way you do. BUT, what if I told you that I am 36 year old married mother of 3 that works a part-time job and attends college full time. Further, I have never been in trouble with the law, not so much as a speeding ticket. Would that change your perception of me a bit? I should add that this would be my second degree.

And no I was not trying to be the one in the right here, I was voicing my view. It seemed to me that you didn't want to admit you may have over reacted.

If you felt insulted by me, I do apologize, but it's important to realize that if you are looking for a debate or an argument sooner or later you will find it.

• ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Really? That's cool because I thought I was the only one. Actually the hubby is also here laughing at your irrational thought process, but hey anything for entertainment. :p

Too bad really...

Again, you show the baseless objectivity of your opinions. You can judge me as a person and my capacity to love based on some random exchanges on a games forum?

I bid you adieu this is no longer entertaining as you seem to be getting creepy.

I honestly don't agree much with the OP, but you are taking it too far. For a whole page you have been mocking him. Like give it a rest already

National Obligation Day really is making everyone more tense every year, huh? :smirk:
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited February 2016
    I find it strange that you would actually care that your sims would cheat and be unfaithful minus that picture of the gardener because I never took it as a cheating picture to begin with. Its a game you can do whatever you want that is why it is called the sims. You can make soap opera lives or have them be has faithful as you want it all up to you.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    ENolan wrote: »

Too bad really...

National Obligation Day really is making everyone more tense every year, huh? :smirk:

Lol seems so. I still don't know if this thread is about faithful coding or v-day and no one will tell me
    21mbz47.jpg
    I find it strange that you would actually care that your sims would cheat and be unfaithful minus that picture of the gardener because I never took it as a cheating picture to begin with. Its a game you can do whatever you want that is why it is called the sims. You can make soap opera lives or have them be has faithful as you want it all up to you.

I think its because the game has sloppy faithful coding so all sims will cheat regardless of their traits. I see thats a problem, but if its because it's v-day this month and the picture is offensive in some way i dont agree. Yesterday the patch was about the aniversary and not v-day i think thats pretty obvious
    21mbz47.jpg
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    @elanorbreton They don't cheat in my experience, but they flirt and get a chunk of the romance bar up, but not enough to woohoo and maybe not enough to kiss.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
    Linamints wrote: »
    @elanorbreton They don't cheat in my experience, but they flirt and get a chunk of the romance bar up, but not enough to woohoo and maybe not enough to kiss.

I agree. Even though sometimes they get half of the love bar with some other sim
    21mbz47.jpg
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member

Ahh!

Well based on your line of work I can see how you might be pre-disposed to judging the way you do. BUT, what if I told you that I am 36 year old married mother of 3 that works a part-time job and attends college full time. Further, I have never been in trouble with the law, not so much as a speeding ticket. Would that change your perception of me a bit? I should add that this would be my second degree.

And no I was not trying to be the one in the right here, I was voicing my view. It seemed to me that you didn't want to admit you may have over reacted.

If you felt insulted by me, I do apologize, but it's important to realize that if you are looking for a debate or an argument sooner or later you will find it.

I completely admit becoming drawn into the "guru' debate and how her response factored into the discussion of this thread and yes maybe by the nature of my career I get excited in the thrust and jab - but I was taken back when you became directly insulting to me and that in turn changes the voice of the conversation.

I appreciate your apology but I was more concerned that you were willing to insult me outside of our debate and yes due to my work, I see it go too far too often. As a parent would I felt the need to point out that your replies were becoming insulting and I'm sure as a parent you were probably responding in the same way you would if a teenager was telling you how to drive. Yet sometimes what seems obvious isn't.

That said I never expected either of us to be right or wrong in regards to the original debate. More so as you pointed out its all about personal opinion in such instance.

Finally I know people tend to be good and there is much good in the world but its why threads on topics like this really rub me the wrong way (and maybe you can understand why the nature of this topic itself irritates me so).

Either way no hard feelings, and now i really do have a game to play. I don't get a lot of time on my days or days off lol (its why I'm always posting at midnight)....
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member

I agree. Even though sometimes they get half of the love bar with some other sim

I've had situations where sims would have only a high friendship bar with someone who've they've interacted with a while only to switch households and find they have at +50 romantic bar as well as the high friendship their friend had. While I realize this is probably just a delay in the game registering romantic feelings, I thought it was a great "unconfessed" relationship stage.
  • DeandylanDeandylan Posts: 496 Member
    I'm with you. I like my sims to be faithful and I'm not into game generated romances on the side.

Funny you should say that! I went to play with another family for about 2 rl minutes. literally. and when I returned to my main family, the husband is having an affair with a woman he didn't even know before I left. I found that rather annoying. I play with drama sometimes. But because I just bought the game what.. yesterday.. I wanted to create the perfect little family. And what kills me is the fact that in ts3 your sim spouse could potentially find out about it through rumors, but now the poor babies don't have a clue.
  • lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    There are also other types of relationships that are valid - outside of monogamy. It may not be considered within 'the norm', but there are many couples who have open relationships or actively consider other people to be a part of the 'couple' (speaking of polyamory, not to be confused with polygamy).

Not that I think there's enough in the image to assume there's an open relationship taking place, the same as there isn't enough to assume that there's an inappropriate relationship taking place.

A lot of folks who pointed out, after the Romantic Garden trailer, that LBGT is somewhat underrepresented in the marketing as well. I think it's a good thing to keep in mind that there are other lifestyle choices to take into consideration.
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited February 2016
    The heart thought bubble only ever appears with regards to romance in The Sims 4. The fact that she has her hand over her heart, has that thought bubble above her head, and her husband is in the background with his back turned implies that she is having adulterous thoughts about the gardener. The wife cheating with the trademan whilst her husband's proverbial back is turned is a trope everyone knows and that picture clearly represents that.

I asked 5 people who do not play the sims what they think is happening in the picture and they all said she is checking out the gardener and possibly cheating on her husband.

It would have been more appropriate to have her and her husband cheering and fist pumping the air to show how happy they are that they can hire a gardener.
    ENolan wrote: »

I've had situations where sims would have only a high friendship bar with someone who've they've interacted with a while only to switch households and find they have at +50 romantic bar as well as the high friendship their friend had. While I realize this is probably just a delay in the game registering romantic feelings, I thought it was a great "unconfessed" relationship stage.

Me too. I don't mind it much cause there have been no divorces so im good for now
    21mbz47.jpg
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @snurfles wrote: »
    Agree, that picture is not cool for Valentine's Day. The developers just aren't getting what the players are looking for and that picture is a great example.

It's not a picture for Valentines Day though.
    @TOLKIEN wrote: »

Wow you've directly insulted me 3 times now in a row...congrats!

Mate, for the love of Sims, let. it. go.

Nothing you have said in this thread makes a remote bit of sense and people are going to think you're acting strange if you get offended by something because of Valentines Day being a week and a half away, even though this has nothing to do with VDay nor does the month of February dedicate itself to Vday.

This is not an image for VDay. So let that part go. And there's no reason to get so serious. It's a game.
    You're talking like the serious guy bringing up politics at a 3 year olds birthday party.

Also, nothing she has said has been an insult, it's just you are talking a render way to seriously.

As for romantic relationships in the game, the developers allow Story Progression which means the game tells itself while you are gone. Because Sims will talk to other Sims etc when your playing other households. It's an oversight with Sims being able to flirt etc (Sims in 3 did the same thing).

It should be tweaked but your acting like devs purposely programmed in cheating as a main feature.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    LOl!

I'm getting second hand embarrassment reading this thread. The overreaction to everything is getting a bit overboard.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited February 2016
    snurfles wrote: »
    Agree, that picture is not cool for Valentine's Day. The developers just aren't getting what the players are looking for and that picture is a great example.

Except that it was posted on February *4th* not the *14th* and therefore is not actually FOR Valentine's Day? It was posted for the anniversary patch and for the gardener part of the patch nowhere does that have anything to do with Valentine's Day nor does it say anywhere that that's what it's for. Why does everything in the world put out between Feb 1st and the 14th have to revolve around V-Day? Not everyone celebrates it or wants it shoved down our throats 24-7...and I say this as someone who has a partner that I have been with for 5 years now.

I like the render. It's silly and winky-face cheeky humor which has always been my favorite part of Sims humor and I'm always glad to see it being brought back more often in renders like these if it can't make it's way fully back into the game.

I also find it kind of amusing that people automatically equate someone looking at another human being and appreciating them in an objective way as cheating. She's literally just looking at him and even if she is enjoying the pretty view that doesn't mean that she's going to act on it and cheat on her husband with him or anyone else.

I mean people look at pretty artwork all the time...that doesn't mean they're about to run off and have a torrid affair with the Mona Lisa now does it?
    ~ ~ ~
  • aavemyrskyaavemyrsky Posts: 143 Member
    I did not read the full discussion, so sorry if someone else has already stated what clearly needs to be stated -

1) I'm offended by the assumed monogamy in every relationship my sims have. Some people are not monogamous.

2) In my game, I don't imagine my sims giving religious wedding vows promising they will never again look at another person in ''that'' way (or do things by any other religion-based convention). I imagine them living in a world where there's no gender inequality like in the real world. My sims live in a world in which polyamory can be possible because it is not immediately associated with one guy having and dominating his three wives or something (Giving an example about the main argument people often give against polyamory when discussing it). They live in a world in which that kind of association is not possible - all genders are equal. (In today's world, this is still seen as the ''danger'' in polyamory:men dominating women, and this concern is justifiable considering the current state of affairs in gender inequality. I'm making an argument pro-polyamory as a statement against the traditional convention of marriage, which roots in many questionable principles considering gender equality)

Disclaimer: I do understand that we live in a world in which my views are very unlikely to be reflected in a mainstream PC game. Just making a bit of a tongue-in-cheek point to possibly raise discussion and thoughts.

o:)
    edited February 2016
    I hate valentine's day lol thats all i have to say at this point
    21mbz47.jpg
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Maybe she is looking at the little handsome gnome next to her? ;)
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    My Sims cheat. I treat it like a game. In every marriage, one of the sims is allowed to have a boyfriend/girlfriend outside of the marriage. Possibly more. The other sim must remain faithful. The faithful sim isn't allowed to find out about the affair. If they find out, the consequences are different depending on the couple. (faithful sim can have a child out of wedlock, the couple must break up, no more affairs, etc.)
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    No the way she's holding her chest and looking at the Gardner pretty much shows she has a romantic interest in Him or thinking of him in a romantic way. Her husband doesn't notice cause he's at the grill cooking.
    giphy.gif