Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BEST packs ??

Hey there - I'm wondering what you guys think are the BEST packs to go alongside Sims 4. Get to Work has sounded super tempting, but reading about Get Together more has raised my interest in that expansion. Then I've noticed a lot of people raving about Spa Day when I've been super interested in Outdoor Retreat and I just don't know what comes next because there's so many options. I only have the base game at this point - I didn't even go for the deluxe version.

Basically:

Top 3 please? With explanation if you could. And/or opinions on Get to Work, Get Together, and Outdoor Retreat.

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    edited February 2016
    1) Spa Day - the most original and atmospheric pack, super-relaxing
    2) Get to Work - I'm in love with the science career. Get Together is nice, but on the long run GTW is more important for the game mechanisms.
    3) Perfect Patio - I like the modern furniture, hot tub is by far the best premium content of all stuff packs.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I'll leave out stuff packs, because you didn't mention them and you're probably looking for a bit more than just stuff and two gameplay items. Should you opt to buy a stuff pack, Perfect Patio is my first pick, not only are hot tubs awesome, I use the furniture a lot. I also think the new Romantic Garden stuff pack will be really great (but I'm a builder so I tend to look at BB items rather than the gameplay items in a stuff pack). Also, stuff packs in general tend to have the best hair ;).

As for EPs/GPs:
    1. Get Together - it's got awesome build mode items, really great hairs in CAS, an awesome gorgeous new world with an interesting and varied community of new pre-mades and absolutely stunning special lots (the estated, ruins and bluffs), a very detailed and useful club system that can really change the way you play the game, an absolutely hilarious dancing skill, a really cool DJ skill - and those are just core features. And then I haven't even mentioned Emily, the elusive sea monster (I haven't yet seen her in my game though).

(because, seriously, nothing comes anywhere near the awesomeness of GT)

2. Spa Day - the modern Zen style is really nice, I use quite a few items of it frequently - the yoga skill is really fun as well as the sauna. I don't really use the massage features that often, but it's a nice day out for my Sims when they go to the Spa.
    3. Get to Work - the active careers are fun, but detective is really repetitive, doctor would be fun if it wasn't really hard because none of your co-workers seem to do anything, scientist is fun, but you necessarily have to encounter aliens (who will then infest your world - do a bit of manual culling here and there). Also, the aliens don't have an off switch yet, so depending on how much realism you want, you might want to wait with buying this pack - some people never see aliens, others do see them frequently, it seems random. The careers, however, get boring after you play them once, you can always opt to send your Sim to work and not join them, but their progress is next to nothing when you do that and both doctor and detective require you to do things at work (scientist, theoretically, could be played without actually joining your Sim at work. The retail system leaves a lot to be desired (especially if you've played TS2 OFB). The active careers do make for great storytelling options (you have cops for example) and the baking skill is really nice (in terms of retail I've only had bakeries so far). Compared with GT, GTW is a pretty dull pack in my opinion, it's not bad, but has many features I've only used once and don't really feel inclined to use again.
    4. Outdoor Retreat - your Sims get to go on vacation, but they sort of have to go camping - basically I love going to Granite Falls (which is really gorgeous) with my nature loving collector Sims, my other Sims don't really have a lot to do there (even though I added a spa to GF). The items are nice, but this pack is really only suited for certain Sims (and players).

I hope this helps you make a decision :)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • 0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    For an expansion pack, I say Get Together. The group system is fantastic and it makes the game more immersive. I'm actually enjoying doing things with friends in the game and going out of my way to make my Sims be more sociable because I can control (to an extent) what they do on the outing. It blows Get to Work out of the water in terms of, well, everything. CAS items are beautiful and Windenburg is stunning, as well as other things but I don't want to ramble. For a game pack, I'd recommend Spa Day. It's relaxing and honestly, it's very unique. I dunno why, but there's something so cool about the whole relaxation and spa theme in a Sims game. Thirdly, for a stuff pack, I recommend Perfect Patio. In my opinion, it's the best out of them all. Cool Kitchen is not one that I would go for if you're actually looking for useful kitchen stuff.

Get to Work is good. The active careers will keep you busy for a while, but it gets boring after a while. It is worth it though to some extent, but it's just not as good as Get Together. As for Outdoor Retreat, I think that I really paid for Granite Falls with this game pack. It's the most vital part of the game pack since it's where your Sims are supposed to go for camping or spending time in a cabin. The camping aspect is nice and Granite Falls sure does help with that aspect, but it could have easily been a stuff pack called Camping Stuff. It's a good pack, but if you're not going to use camping stuff or bother taking your Sims camping anywhere in any world, I wouldn't purchase it.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    This will be my Top 3:

1/ Spa Day: it was a great concept, with a new skill that I love and really nice things in build mode. (Fish Tanks!!!)

2/Outdoor Retreat: again, great concept. It might have sounded a bit random being the first pack we got but it worked. It's a beautiful destination and it has new collectables (I love collectables!) and a lot of outdoorsy things. Great for somebody like me that has 99% of Sims having the Loves outdoors trait.

3/ Get Together: Who would have though, I got it as a present (I really didn't want to buy it) and now I happen to love the concept of clubs and all the new build mode stuff.

That's why I'm looking forward for GP3 to see what it brings.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    Get Together is what brought me back to the game. I hadn't played in months, but when I received Get Together as a gift, I came to the forum, checked it out, and saw that a lot of people were enjoying it. So, I gave it a try. I've really had fun with it because it's flexible and allows me to create "clubs" that are very useful for story purposes. I've done slumber parties, have set up a fortune teller, created a therapy group for goofballs, and have used the "group/club" system to help my young adults meet romantic prospects. I've also used it to create my own "university" group -- young adults who meet regularly at the library. With a little imagination, a player can create a lot of "game effects" with Get Together.

I also like Spa Day because it fits in so well with my own lifestyle. I do like Outdoor Retreat, too, but I'm disappointed that the world of Granite Falls is so small.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    For my personal gameplay style with this game:
    1. Get Together - love how lively it makes my whole world, and I like to control the whole population so this gives me new ways to do that. Plus the cafés and pub stuff get tons of use in my gameplay. Plus the club gameplay with active systems just feels like a part of real social interaction that's so right it's amazing we didn't all feel it was a hole in the game this whole last 16 years. It's brilliant.
    2. Get to Work - because Aliens in disguise. Seriously, that is just brilliant and fun. For me, anyway. Your mileage may vary. I still haven't used half the pack but I've more than got my money out of Aliens. I am considering playing the Detective career, and have a Sim picked out for it, but I got distracted by the teenagers in my save, so that's on hold for now.
    3. Spa Day - the build/buy is just gorgeous, and the yoga and meditation are beautifully designed - they've got funny moments, and moments that have made me catch my breath when I first saw them, and they can be soothing to watch. I like the combination with Get Together: I've got Sims who do yoga together in parks, and I really love that.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    Get Together is what brought me back to the game. I hadn't played in months, but when I received Get Together as a gift, I came to the forum, checked it out, and saw that a lot of people were enjoying it. So, I gave it a try. I've really had fun with it because it's flexible and allows me to create "clubs" that are very useful for story purposes. I've done slumber parties, have set up a fortune teller, created a therapy group for goofballs, and have used the "group/club" system to help my young adults meet romantic prospects. I've also used it to create my own "university" group -- young adults who meet regularly at the library. With a little imagination, a player can create a lot of "game effects" with Get Together.

I also like Spa Day because it fits in so well with my own lifestyle. I do like Outdoor Retreat, too, but I'm disappointed that the world of Granite Falls is so small.

Same here!