Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Fountain of Butt?!

2...Next

Comments

• thekey23thekey23 Posts: 37 Member
    If only we could wish for a toddler in the fountain and one appears lol
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    thekey23 wrote: »
    If only we could wish for a toddler in the fountain and one appears lol

Yeah, but then the wish backfires and they grow to a teen.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    YungGigi wrote: »
    I feel bad for all you poor folk who wanted that Love Game Pack. A ton of these threads have been started on the new expansion, game pack coming up and we get THIS mess.

I might go read one of those threads just to check out the disappointment lol

I wanted it but at the same time it wasn't really needed. So I'm not disappointed. Theres about a 100 other things I wanted more and garden stuff is one of them.

I just wanted a game pack more than anything else but I can wait.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I feel bad for all you poor folk who wanted that Love Game Pack. A ton of these threads have been started on the new expansion, game pack coming up and we get THIS mess.

I actually like this theme -- it's like the garden part of Mansions and Gardens in Sims 2. Gives me hope that we'll get the Mansions part with spiral or curved staircases and giant chandeliers and grand windows in another pack. I like the fountain interactions a lot, and the wishing well brings back good memories of the random fun and whimsy of Sims 2 and 3. Evidently a lot more wishes can be made than can be done with either of those, and according to a tweet from Graham kids even have a special wish for better grades. I'm likely going to do some major remodeling of the park in Willow Creek, and probably replace one of my houses in Newcrest with the park that comes with the pack. I can see quite a few proposals occurring in that park...and maybe a bit of celebratory woohoo if I add in the bush from GT. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I wanted it but at the same time it wasn't really needed. So I'm not disappointed. Theres about a 100 other things I wanted more and garden stuff is one of them.

I wonder if they're trying to set a general schedule -- if GP3 comes out in March (as is looking likely) then maybe EP3 will be out in June (maybe in conjunction with the new EA Live event scheduled for Los Angeles and London). Then GP4 in September followed by EP4 in December, with SPs filling in the months between GP and EP.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member

I wonder if they're trying to set a general schedule -- if GP3 comes out in March (as is looking likely) then maybe EP3 will be out in June (maybe in conjunction with the new EA Live event scheduled for Los Angeles and London). Then GP4 in September followed by EP4 in December, with SPs filling in the months between GP and EP.

Idk if they'll release an EP in the same month They plan to announce it. I think EP3 will be in july and nothing will come in June.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • SimChelle1982SimChelle1982 Posts: 2,666 Member
    My feelings on this SP? Well, I guess I'm resigned to it. I know I'm going to buy it because I always buy them, and I almost always find something I really enjoy in every pack. At this point though, I'm willing to trade all of our SPs for one great GP.

Here's the thing...I have been playing The Sims since about mid-way through TS2, around 2007. In these 9 years, I have played TS2, TS3, and now TS4 almost every day...and I was never bored! I never turned the game off because I WANTED to. There was always something to do, something to build, someone to create. Recently, for the first time EVER, I went nearly 2 weeks without playing The Sims...by choice. There have been times of course when I couldn't play because I was on vacation, or my computer was broken, etc. but this is the first time that I just didn't want to play it. I was just BORED with it. That is the issue I have with TS4. Although I loved it at launch, and in many ways still do, it just doesn't have enough to keep me entertained. There just isn't enough to do in the game, and without Create-A-Style, building gets boring too. After a while, you've used every object multiple times and you feel like you're building the same houses over and over again (interiors mostly).

So, yeah...TS4 is the first sims game that I've become bored with. This is why I'm really hoping for an exciting game pack, rather than a stuff pack that provides so little to the actual gameplay.

In all fairness, when you compare the GPs of TS4 with the packs of TS3, there is no contest. TS3 wins hands down on the amount of gameplay we received with every GP. Get to Work was good - a lot of gameplay was added there, but Get Together? That was basically just more dancing, more bars, more of everything we already had! Sure, it was more organized, but it's just the same, same, same. I may not have the popular opinion but as a nearly decade-long Sims veteran, I have strong feelings about it! lol
    15172699815_7cdb04275d_o.png
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Maxis does try to put something into each Pack for everyone, even though a few of us may think otherwise. But things don't always work out they way you want them to. And this is a true fact of life, even for the dev team at Maxis. For Maxis, guessing what every Simmer wants in the next Pack with out being told is like trying to guess what the middle card of a deck of playing cards will be. But they seem to be doing a pretty good job at guessing in my opinion. Despite the fact that this Pack doesn't seem to come with cars, toddlers, pets, and more family game play like some of us was hoping for. I would like to have these things in the game now too. But I had to learn to be patient, and I'm not a very patient person. I never have been for most most of my life. As a wise man once said, [Good things come to those who wait!]. And that's a true fact about life as well. Good things do come to those who wait. Now if we haven't gotten toddlers, cars, pets, and more family game play in the game by the final year of the game's run comes around. Then I'll start to wonder if these things will ever make into the game, and likely start to beg for them then. But the good side to all this that Maxis knows that those items are wanted in the game by those whom have posted about wanting those in the game now.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    The wishing well that comes with the pack looks really promising though :blush:
    The stuff pack also includes the Whispering Wishing Well, and woe to the Sim who underestimates the power it wields. A single Simoleon is all it takes to cast a wish, be it for happiness, wealth, a child, youth, love, and more… but the Wishing Well is known to be quite temperamental, and one should carefully gauge not only what they wish for, but when they wish for it. Over fifty different outcomes ensure that your Sim’s life may be altered forever… though it may end in rejoicing, or in personal tragedy.
    And it has been stated that there are 50 outcomes to the wishing well. And the trailer shows possibly one of those 50 outcomes.
    ETA: I just learned from another Simmer that SimGuruGraham had tweeted that there are 54 outcomes from the wishing well.
    Since what they had showed us of the romantic garden being paradise like in the trailer. I'm thinking that they need to release fairies for Sims 4 now. Because fairies would fit perfectly into this romantic garden theme. And maybe throw in some fairy mischief too.

It would be a good place to hold a costume party.
  • AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    It would be funny if the fountain of butt turned your sim into a toddler after playing in it.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
    @sunman502 I know what you're saying, and you are correct in that Maxis has to try to please a population of simmers who want different things. It just seems that each pack is targeting the same simmers, since each pack seems to be a mere extension of what we already have. Maxis cannot claim that the majority of simmers aren't asking for cars, toddlers, seasons, and pets. We all know that those 4 things are repeatedly requested here on the forums, on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Maxis knows that an expansion pack featuring seasons or pets will probably be the biggest seller of all the packs so far. Toddlers shouldn't be included in a pack though, they should be free. I will be honest though, if they haven't been incorporated into the game in the last year and a half, I really don't think they will be. Toddlers is a pretty basic thing to have in the game, and there is no sign of them in the future. Cars? I doubt it. I don't really see the use for them, to be honest, with the structure of this game. Maxis would be best served devoting their time to the other three high demand requests.

Maxis also has to weigh the demand of the consumers against the limitations of the game. With that said, we were told by gurus that a lot of what we wanted was removed from the game because they wanted a smoother game that could run on any computer (terrain tools and CASt for example). I have my own thoughts about that but that's another discussion for another time. So, with that understanding, I would imagine that TS4 would not have glitches, crash, or be buggy...since they have reduced the content of the game to achieve that goal. No, that is not the case at all. Although I am playing TS4 on a gaming PC, it has bugs...more than TS3 did for me. Not to mention the endless musical chairs that my sims play while eating (I can't tell you how much that irks me).

In fact since Get Together, my game has had more bugs and glitches than ever. My sims stand at the counter and eat. They will not go to sit down until they've finished, or until they have only a bite or so left. When putting leftovers in the fridge, they still go to the pool, sit in the pool with the food, then get up and put the food away. They will walk right past the fridge to go sit in the pool before putting it away. The game freezes. Everything will still be moving like the water, time, and shadows, and the sims all look around at one another and look around at the scenery, but no one will do anything. No commands are followed, and they don't autonomously do anything. I have to pause the game for about 5 seconds and then unpause it for the sims to resume their actions. Other times, sims will just refuse to obey commands for no reason at all. I will direct a sim to do something and it will just cancel for no reason.

So although we were told that we were losing content to gain stability in the game, that's not exactly true...and although we were told that Maxis was trying to satisfy all of the simmers, that doesn't seem exactly true either. It isn't all bad news though. TS4 did bring building tools and gameplay in terms of multitasking....simmers have been asking for both of these for YEARS. They also brought us Get to Work, which is something else simmers have been asking for...the ability to have more control over our sims at work. So, it isn't all bad. I'm disappointed, but still very hopeful that Maxis/EA will come through and provide the things that so many simmers have been asking for. Most of us asking for these things have been around a decade or more. We know our game, we love our game, and we want it to be around a lot longer.

Sorry for the long post. :)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @SimChelle1982 have you created a fresh gameplay folder and moved your save back into it? Some of that stuff you describe might just need one.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    @luthienrising No, but I'll give that a try. Thanks! :)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @luthienrising No, but I'll give that a try. Thanks! :)

No problem! If it doesn't help, there might be something else that does, but it's an easy first thing and can clear up other odds and ends of weirdness too :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    @sunman502 I know what you're saying, and you are correct in that Maxis has to try to please a population of simmers who want different things. It just seems that each pack is targeting the same simmers, since each pack seems to be a mere extension of what we already have. Maxis cannot claim that the majority of simmers aren't asking for cars, toddlers, seasons, and pets. We all know that those 4 things are repeatedly requested here on the forums, on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Maxis knows that an expansion pack featuring seasons or pets will probably be the biggest seller of all the packs so far. Toddlers shouldn't be included in a pack though, they should be free. I will be honest though, if they haven't been incorporated into the game in the last year and a half, I really don't think they will be. Toddlers is a pretty basic thing to have in the game, and there is no sign of them in the future. Cars? I doubt it. I don't really see the use for them, to be honest, with the structure of this game. Maxis would be best served devoting their time to the other three high demand requests.

Maxis also has to weigh the demand of the consumers against the limitations of the game. With that said, we were told by gurus that a lot of what we wanted was removed from the game because they wanted a smoother game that could run on any computer (terrain tools and CASt for example). I have my own thoughts about that but that's another discussion for another time. So, with that understanding, I would imagine that TS4 would not have glitches, crash, or be buggy...since they have reduced the content of the game to achieve that goal. No, that is not the case at all. Although I am playing TS4 on a gaming PC, it has bugs...more than TS3 did for me. Not to mention the endless musical chairs that my sims play while eating (I can't tell you how much that irks me).

In fact since Get Together, my game has had more bugs and glitches than ever. My sims stand at the counter and eat. They will not go to sit down until they've finished, or until they have only a bite or so left. When putting leftovers in the fridge, they still go to the pool, sit in the pool with the food, then get up and put the food away. They will walk right past the fridge to go sit in the pool before putting it away. The game freezes. Everything will still be moving like the water, time, and shadows, and the sims all look around at one another and look around at the scenery, but no one will do anything. No commands are followed, and they don't autonomously do anything. I have to pause the game for about 5 seconds and then unpause it for the sims to resume their actions. Other times, sims will just refuse to obey commands for no reason at all. I will direct a sim to do something and it will just cancel for no reason.

So although we were told that we were losing content to gain stability in the game, that's not exactly true...and although we were told that Maxis was trying to satisfy all of the simmers, that doesn't seem exactly true either. It isn't all bad news though. TS4 did bring building tools and gameplay in terms of multitasking....simmers have been asking for both of these for YEARS. They also brought us Get to Work, which is something else simmers have been asking for...the ability to have more control over our sims at work. So, it isn't all bad. I'm disappointed, but still very hopeful that Maxis/EA will come through and provide the things that so many simmers have been asking for. Most of us asking for these things have been around a decade or more. We know our game, we love our game, and we want it to be around a lot longer.

Sorry for the long post. :)
    It does seem like that Maxis is targeting the same Simmers. Which is why some Simmers are unhappy. But Maxis has to pick only that contents that is practical to the game. I know that this bites, but what would be the point playing the game with a lot useless stuff in it. I am not about to pay 10, 20, or 40 dollars on something for a really fun game to play if going to have nothing but a bunch useless decor in it. This is why they add new game play elements to even the Stuff Packs for the game.
    On the note of why that they have cut back on the amount of stuff that goes into each Pack. The reason for this is that the more stuff that they add to each Pack. This slows down the computer that the game is being played on because the computer has to go through all that stuff that's current in the game. And when the computer runs slower, the game will take even longer to respond. And that's where the lagging in the game comes from.

@sunman502 I really do understand that, completely, but even with less items, there is still lagging in the game...so it doesn't seem that this has been fixed by limiting content. I suppose the lag would be worse with more content.
    @sunman502 I really do understand that, completely, but even with less items, there is still lagging in the game...so it doesn't seem that this has been fixed by limiting content. I suppose the lag would be worse with more content.
    There will be some lagging in the game yes, but not as bad as it would be by having a bunch of useless stuff though.

• Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    edited February 2016
    Agreed with OP. But apparently some say that this pack is "full of gamplay" :p .

I don't know what Maxis is thinking with all this packs, but all that people clapping every pointless pack Maxis is launching isn't helping at all.
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited February 2016
    Agreed with OP. But apparently some say that this pack is "full of gamplay" :p .

I don't know what Maxis is thinking with all this packs, but all that people clapping every pointless pack Maxis is launching isn't helping at all.
    This is the game that had people going nuts with excitement over fake sheep. EA/Maxis has this fandom wrapped around their fingers and they know it. They can release anything and it will sell.
    Post edited by KayeStar on
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif

This is the game that people going nuts with excitement over fake sheep. EA/Maxis has this fandom wrapped around their fingers and they know it. They can release anything and it will sell.
    Anything to do with animals in The Sims has always been a big hit here, including fake sheep. Now if they'll only add llamas, especially baby llamas as pets in the game! :p