Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

To Cheat or NOT to cheat

So let's hear it ...

do you cheat?
what cheats do you use?
are there any you wont use?

Personally I only use the "Make all happy" cheat during the infant and toddler phase of child rearing ... all other cheats ruin the game for me ( i am not cheater bashing, everyone plays the game different)
simsig3.jpg

Comments

• NatsNats Posts: 488 New Member
    edited June 2009
    there's a thready on this elsewhere on the forum
    it's quite large so you might get a better responce there xx
  • Antminnie1Antminnie1 Posts: 683 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I never, ever cheat - ever. :-)

The only time I use cheats is when I make movies.
  • KAROLLINKA5943KAROLLINKA5943 Posts: 107 Member
    edited June 2009
    I use Motherlode, actually I don't need the other cheats :-), but I would like to find a cheat to get more energy, my sims spend it foo fast :(
  • rosebudrosebud Posts: 22 New Member
    edited June 2009
    No cheats... unless there's a bug or something, and I have to set things back to normal. It's more fun and challenging without cheats!
  • caporipcaporip Posts: 232 New Member
    edited June 2009
    rosebud wrote:
    No cheats... unless there's a bug or something, and I have to set things back to normal. It's more fun and challenging without cheats!
    Me too
  • GIzfireGIzfire Posts: 161 New Member
    edited June 2009
    grimmsie wrote:
    So let's hear it ...

do you cheat?
    what cheats do you use?

Personally I only use the "Make all happy" cheat during the infant and toddler phase of child rearing ... all other cheats ruin the game for me ( i am not cheater bashing, everyone plays the game different)

Naa I never use cheats. For me, it would ruin the experience. I cheated once in The Sims 1 for extra money and I then relied on it and eventually it ruined the game and never played it. The Sims 3 is totally different for me and I don't want to ruin this. Besides I love running around the neighbourhood in this game having babies with the chicks and I can still lead a normal single life with my world renowned surgeon lol. I love this game. Its awesome!!
  • Antminnie1Antminnie1 Posts: 683 New Member
    edited June 2009
    GIzfire wrote:
    grimmsie wrote:
    So let's hear it ...

do you cheat?
    what cheats do you use?

Naa I never use cheats. For me, it would ruin the experience. I cheated once in The Sims 1 for extra money and I then relied on it and eventually it ruined the game and never played it. The Sims 3 is totally different for me and I don't want to ruin this. Besides I love running around the neighbourhood in this game having babies with the chicks and I can still lead a normal single life with my world renowned surgeon lol. I love this game. Its awesome!!

Exactly! ^_^
  • goldlabpupgoldlabpup Posts: 298 New Member
    edited June 2009
    To cheat or have to cheat.

I usually only cheat when I have to, for example when I had 5 toddlers and one kid and both parents working, otherwise they would never have learnt their skills and probably would have been abducted by the social worker. Otherwise it's just for glitches or if they are really tired but perfectly happy otherwise and I want to get on with something I sometimes max their motives.
  • WelshRogueUKWelshRogueUK Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Depends how i'm feeling. I think I have more "Fun" playing with the cash cheat but I have more "Satisfaction" when I dont. :)
  • RhoakhanaRhoakhana Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I never use cheats for any game any more. It ruins the games life for me. If I have everything and anything all at once I'll get bored after a week, there's no challenge left and no more reason to play.
  • Fluff_For_BrainsFluff_For_Brains Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I used to cheat a lot on the Sims 2 but on the Sims 3 there's no challenge with the cheats and it's more fun working through it. I don't cheat anymore.
  • SumthinGd08SumthinGd08 Posts: 52 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I only ever use the money cheats to get a nice furnished house!
  • EvaGirl64EvaGirl64 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    rosebud wrote:

I second that. I've played (TS 1 & 2) in the past with cheats, but, to me, they just make everything too easy and the game becomes very boring after awhile.
  • Cggraham3Cggraham3 Posts: 56 Member
    edited June 2009
    I do not cheat. The only time I do is when I want to just mess around and then end up not saving~ :mrgreen:
    Streamer | Simmer
  • Vietgirl_xoxoVietgirl_xoxo Posts: 7,142 Member
    edited June 2009
    I only bring my sim's motives up but that is basically it..come on, your sim can't succeed in a job any faster so I had to do it. XD
  • predsfan1980predsfan1980 Posts: 92 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I don't cheat. I get greater satisfaction out of earning the simoleans on my own. Granted I did use the cheat in Sims 2 but after wards I felt awful lol.
  • minormillikinminormillikin Posts: 15 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I normally have a couple cheating games going and a couple "legit" games going at the same time (or a cheating family, and a legit family in the same game).

Sims is so fun just as a housebuilding game, the motherlode cheat just calls out to me.

But, money doesn't seem to be huge problem for playing a legit game -- so cheating definitely isn't something I find necessary.
  • BauerbachBauerbach Posts: 118 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I dont cheat, ruins the game, all the satisfaction in none of the time...

eventually when Im bored with the game, Ill go sandbox mode on building houses for fun. Used to have to cheat for that for the funds to build the house, but now I think you can build unlimited lots
  • Vixen123Vixen123 Posts: 177 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I use Motherlode, actually I don't need the other cheats :-), but I would like to find a cheat to get more energy, my sims spend it foo fast :(

Just thought i'd mention this cheat to you: testingcheatsenabled true

If you put it in, in live mode you will be able to drag up their energy levels :)

Anyway, back to the topic.........

I use the cheat mentioned above and motherlode. It just depends what game I'm playing. If I've got loads of kids or a really hectic job and life then I like the cheats because it makes it a little easier :) But then again I like playing "poor" Sims who have to earn every bit of money they get! So I'm a bit of both really.
  • Dragonrose69Dragonrose69 Posts: 748 Member
    edited June 2009
    I get the most enjoyment out of house building & furnishing. Of course you can do that without cheating, but afterwards I want to play in the house I built so I end up using the motherlode cheat to do so. That is the only cheat I have ever used.

Currently in Sims 3 I have one cheat family (hard not to with 6 kids! Mom was a stay at home and dad worked but is now retired, so even with the oldest daughters part time income, his retirement pension and her book royatlies, when their triplets daughters became toddlers, they had to remodel the house to make enough room for everyone. Between the remodel and buying some new furnishings, they were broke even with the one cheat I allowed them.

My other family is completely legit so far, well when it comes to using cheats. She is a kelpto and ends up selling most of the things she pilfers, but does return the most expensive ones.
  • BJDBD1234BJDBD1234 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I don't cheat because my cheats don't work at all, except the money cheat.
  • BJDBD1234BJDBD1234 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    thanks
  • SianystarSianystar Posts: 1,515 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I cheat right at the beginning of a family to make sure that I can get them a nice house, but then I stop. Usually I find that if I cheat 'just the once' I continue cheating then feel bad :(
  • weiidiiweiidii Posts: 25 Member
    edited June 2009
    Always. It frees me from the mundane aspects of my sims' lives and allows me more time to enjoy the other stuff. Besides, I mostly play to build and decorate houses anyway.