Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many people think this expansion pack is worth it?

Hi :D

Just curious how many of us like the sims get together :)

Do you own this expansion pack?

Is it worth it?

What do you like about it?

would you recommend it?
Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Comments

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Yes I own this pack :)
    I Don"t feel it"s worth it :/
    I Like the world and some of the content and both skills :)
    I would recommend it at the price of a game pack B)

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited February 2016
    1. liliaeth
    2.luthienrising
    3.0CHLOE
    4. SweetieKaye
    5.Dekay
    6.RAVAGER619
    7.TAIGOESRAWR
    8.AUBREYHART
    9.MIGHTYDAN
    10.LAURENHULL
    11.JASONANTHONYSTERLING
    12.CALLIANNE74
    13.SIMCHELLE1982
    14.KAANTJE
    15.JILLVILLE
    16.MDIANASANDERS
    17.ME (marcel21)
    18.ENKISCHMIDT
    19.LILONESUB
    20.KITANGEL1
    21.EGOFIEVER
    22.FIEVER7
    23.7NVM

only 23 so far
    Post edited by marcel21 on

• Mandarine586Mandarine586 Posts: 161 Member
    I own it and Im not crazy about it at all...
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    I own it and I like it. I usually fast forwarded through a lot of my sims time after work, spending their time mostly having them build skills.
    But since Get Together, I actually have my sims do social stuff, which I usually suck at. They're now making friends and having fun, and it makes me more interested in them doing so
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited February 2016
    Absolutely worth it. One of the best in terms of return for money of any EP I've ever bought for Sims. I'd put it up there in return for money with Sims 3 Seasons. Between the pub games and the cafés and the world itself and the CAS and build/buy and the huge difference clubs make to game play, it's been brilliant.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • 0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    edited February 2016
    I own it and yes, I do think that it's worth it. I love the group systems and I am in love with Windenburg; especially The Bluffs and the island area where our Sims can live. I also love all of the CAS items, especially the new male clothing. I'd recommend this pack over GTW if someone couldn't pick between the two. Get Together is a prime example of what a Sims 4 EP should be and should continue being!
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I'm not crazy about it, but the ability to bring sims together with ease (you literally just click a button) is worth it for me.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Well, it's definitely more worth it than GTW, I'd say. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    edited February 2016
    Absolutely worth it, and for those on the fence go part with your $30 already before the price goes back up on Origin.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    Totally worth. I was inspired to create my own website and even start getting involved with the modeling community because of GT. :)
  • AubreyHartAubreyHart Posts: 132 Member
    I own it, and I love it!

I love the skills, the worlds, and the different sims. I love the fact the adults have more to do, clubs and pubs. Bonfires and stuff :)
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Absolutely worth it! Clubs are one of my favorite features to ever be added in a sims game. I created a bunch of npc clubs and set them free. It's pretty awesome to see these uncontrolled sims hanging out in their assigned lots doing their thing, it really adds a lot of immersion and makes the world feel even more lively.

eRiUf4R.jpg

Also, clubs are a very powerful tool for storytelling which is the thing I enjoy the most about the game.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    And mods make it better. I found a mod that allows sims to be in up to 9 clubs instead of 3. That is great!
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • LaurenHullLaurenHull Posts: 55 Member
    edited February 2016
    I haven't properly played it yet, i bought it when i found it on sale on a website i buy my games from. I know when i loaded it up it mentioned something in the top left about a 'Welcome Wagon" so i read the info on this event, it mentioned about greeting new neighbours but .. no one arrived :') forever alone. I'm going to properly explore it now whilst reading all of your comments.

I've enjoyed everything the sims has offered so far, so I'm sure i'll like this just as much!

edit -

I joined one! I get points from drinking coffee!! haha, i think I'll see about making my own club next.
    SK0L9AY.png
    Post edited by LaurenHull on
    vsJ0Hg0.gif
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Maybe you should make your own "Welcome Wagon" Club and go around welcoming all the neighbors.
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited February 2016

I own this expansion pack and I do think it was worth the 40 U.S. dollars I spent on it. The grouping feature of the pack is an entire game altering device that has replay potential for the entire life of this iteration of the series. On top of that I would have easily paid 40 dollars easily just for the World and it's attendant features, like the cafe, pool lots, disco/ dance floors and dancing ect in the Sims 3 Store, so since I was really taken with the world and those features it definitely helped me find value in the pack

Yes, I would recommend it and for the first time in the Sims 4 very strongly so.

• Callianne74Callianne74 Posts: 59 Member
    I have this EP, paid 22 euros for it and I think it's great, playing a sort of build Newcrest legacy with it, and I've managed to use the club system to have my founders meet the grandchildren from the two daughters that moved out because they made a grand kids club. I also use the clubs within the family so that you can have family get together. I think it's well worth it at the price I paid for it. The build mode stuff is also really nice to use. I haven't really explored the new world a lot but it's really nice also.
    I like the fact that you get text messages from other sims about life events such as birthdays. I would recommend getting it if you can find it cheap somewhere, though if the price doesn't bother you, I would totally recommend that you get it. One thing I will add is.. if you aren't averse to using mods, it's useful to have the mod for no automatic club gatherings if you have 3 or more sims in one house in the same club.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    imhappy wrote: »
    Maybe you should make your own "Welcome Wagon" Club and go around welcoming all the neighbors.

That's such a cute idea! :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • SimChelle1982SimChelle1982 Posts: 2,666 Member
    I own it. I like it. Do I think it's worth it? That depends largely on what you're looking for in your game. The clubs are pretty cool, but are more limited than I thought they would be based on reviews. I thought the possibilities were endless in terms of the types of clubs that could be created, but I think I overestimated that. I wanted to create a new mommy club, with just mom's of infants and children, but no luck. I wanted to create a boy's club called "No Girls Allowed"...no luck. Sure, you can prevent girls from joining the club, but I also wanted to boys to be mean to girls because you know...they're icky lol. I created an all boys club and an all girls club and I guess the actions of the clubs could be to make them mean to each other haha.

I like the new pool items and the pub games a lot. The dancing and clubs, etc. are good, but I think of them as extensions of what we already had more than new features.

I love the new build items, and as an avid builder, I was excited to see them. So it has a lot of great features, but whether or not it's worth it depends on how you play your game. For me, I think it's worth it.
    15172699815_7cdb04275d_o.png
  • Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    I own it and like it. Yes, I think it's worth it, because of the club system your town really comes alive. I love seeing my kids club playing in the park and my teens messing around. Also I love the build stuff!
  • JillvilleJillville Posts: 10 New Member
    I don't really get the point of the clubs. Aside from meeting new people that you may or may not like... it's not like you advance your career or it automatically makes you more of an expert on anything.

The neighborhood is cool I guess, and I do like the new options in build/buy mode.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I own it to, it is more than worth it. What I like about it (I'll try to be concise):
    • The elaborate club system with countless possiblities that really changes the way you play - and it makes socializing so much easier - and you can build awesome hangouts:
      3162gc5.png
      j66f7a.png
      And create incredibly funny clubs:
      n2juok.png
      2ia5p4m.png
    • Absolutely gorgeous world and really awesome build/buy items (wall ivy :heart: and sundials)
      v6t84p.png
      And this isn't even a typical Windenburg build, like this one:
      jug588.png
    • Interesting pre-mades who make for a very vibrant and varied community.
    • Really great special lots - I seriously love the Bluffs :).
    • Nice CAS items (hairstyles especially).
    • Awesome dancing and DJ skills, group dance really being one of my favourites.
      24erxhf.png
      4rrupm1gl777.png

I certainly recommend it ;)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    What is the club with the cowplants?
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I own and like GT, because it compliments my playstyle that is focused more on the world and "global" developements rather than the individual sims' daily routines.
    The price is okay, seeing that a new world with way more interesting premades than basegame had is included.
    Before I'd recommend the pack, I'd inquire about the other person's playstyle. Rotational and story players will get a lot out of GT, everyone else will probably not get the same longterm replay value.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    imhappy wrote: »
    What is the club with the cowplants?

The Secret Order of the Holy Cowplant - a very secret (and secretive) society that consists of... wait I can't tell you that, they're all anonymous. Basically, they worship cowplants (notably, Bluebell, Buttercup and Dandelion) and dance around fires. The initiation rite is eating cowplant cake ;) (most-useless-but-awfully-awesome club I ever made ;)).
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr