Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    @Karababy52 what an interesting build. I really love it. <3:)
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    StSciurus wrote: »
    @Karababy52 , I <3<3<3 what you did with your challenge entry! The architecture hits all the right notes of postmodern whimsy, and the interior does as well. You should be proud, too!

Thank you so much, made me smile! :) I haven't had a chance to check out any of my fellow competitors' build slideshows until now. I think you did a wonderful job with your entry too! I love what you did with the roof and can see that perhaps you were inspired/influenced by Vanna Venturi and Phillip Johnson. I also just noticed you used an arrow pointing to the 'throne' too. hehe Opps! Sorry about that, didn't know I'd copied you. o.O Anyway, thanks again and Good luck! <3
    @Karababy52 what an interesting build. I really love it. <3:)

Thank you too, I'm so glad you love it, had a blast with this round. I love your build too, the pool and sunken living area is gorgeous! I really wish I had Get Together, I've been salivating over all the fabulous build objects in that pack! Gah! One day... ;) Thanks again and Good luck to you too and everyone else. :)<3
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I haven't had a chance to check out any of my fellow competitors' build slideshows until now. I think you did a wonderful job with your entry too! I love what you did with the roof and can see that perhaps you were inspired/influenced by Vanna Venturi and Phillip Johnson.

I was indeed inspired by Phillip Johnson! And I'm glad that I am not your direct competitor in this challenge [we're in different skill categories], because I would definitely award you first place, hands down, over my entry! :)
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited February 2016
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 36 To Sleep Perchance To Dream
    FORUM ID: gmcrozier
    ORIGIN ID: gmcrozier
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/C27EA857C1F711E589947920F38E5392?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=gmcrozier&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $1,500
    BUILD COST: $33,485
    TOTAL COST: $34,985
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/Glenn_Crozier/library/123 Pleasant Acres?sort=9&amp;page=1

ENTRY DETAILS: Small modern home with all the amenities and a big home feel.

SIM: N/A

ROOM:N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

[url="[URL=http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/Glenn_Crozier/media/123 Pleasant Acres/01-23-16_10-48-18nbspAM_zpsugdoajt5.png.html][IMG]http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r748/Glenn_Crozier/123 Pleasant Acres/01-23-16_10-48-18nbspAM_zpsugdoajt5.png[/IMG][/URL]&quot;][/url]01-23-16_10-48-18nbspAM_zpsugdoajt5.png
    [quote="Thank you too, I'm so glad you love it, had a blast with this round. I love your build too, the pool and sunken living area is gorgeous! I really wish I had Get Together, I've been salivating over all the fabulous build objects in that pack! Gah! One day... ;) Thanks again and Good luck to you too and everyone else. :)<3 [/quote]

Thank you, good luck to you too. :)
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    StSciurus wrote: »
    I was indeed inspired by Phillip Johnson! And I'm glad that I am not your direct competitor in this challenge [we're in different skill categories], because I would definitely award you first place, hands down, over my entry! :)

I thought so! Also, aww, man, what a sweet thing to say, I'm flattered. Thank you! :) Don't sell yourself short though, the creativity in your build is wonderful! *Hugs*

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Challenge #36 is now closed, we hope you'll join us for #37 :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    #37 - The Play is the Thing

Music played cheerfully in the background. Uniformed caterers maneuvered through the well dressed crowd, offering drinks and canapés. And in the background, the beauty of antiques and the luxury of high quality décor. You know this for a fact, since you're the one who designed, built and furnished the apartment. As you move amongst the other guests, you hear many gratifying compliments.

"Everyone loves the work you've done here," says a deep masculine voice to your left. You turn and smile at the owner of the apartment, Douglas Curtis the third. Adventurer, architect, and egotist.

"Thank you," You say with a smile, preparing yourself for some grandstanding. "How was your most recent trip abroad?"

"Wonderful! In fact, being abroad gave me an idea that I wanted to talk to you about." He takes your arm and guides you outside to talk about it without being overheard. He looks around conspiratorially and smiles, "I don't want anyone to hear what I'm about to suggest."

"I wont say anything," You assure him.

"I know I can count on you." He takes a long drink from his glass, "I was in France recently, and while I was there I attended a play. Good one too. Ghosts, revenge, violence and all that. But I was really impressed with the playhouse. It was in a historic playhouse. Balconies, fancy wall decorations, etc. It occurred to me that my home town didn't have something like that. So that's what I want you to do. Set it up so there can be shows and plays and concerts in a historic, fancy type of play house so we get some good acts in. And of course, with spots to display some of my larger finds."

You tilt your head, "That sounds...great! Whats my budget?"

"Hows 175K? Will that work?"

"Should be fine. Two Weeks?" You suggest, already making notes in your head.

"Fabulous!" He says with his usual boisterousness. "Now that business is out of the way, how is that darling Rose?"

"Ah...you know, I should probably go...get started...."

Requirements:

20x30 lot

175,000 budget (to include the lot cost)

Historic look

Landscaping

Public facility requirements, like bathrooms, etc...

Sim Challenge: Create Douglas Curtis III, his aspiration is to be a mansion baron and one of his traits is romantic, the rest is up to you.

Room Challenge: No room challenge this time around, as it is a playhouse.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    CHALLENGE #: 37 The Play is the Thing
    FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
    LOT: (Name where the Build can be found with on The Gallery)
    LOT COST: (The cost of the lot)
    BUILD COST: (The cost of the build, not including the lot price)
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    ENTRY DETAILS: (be sure to tell us about your entry)

SIM: Link to Gallery Upload
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM:(Name where the Room can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) Link to Room on Gallery
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) Link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS37

The Deadline for this challenge is 17th February 2016
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    Great challenge! I've all ready started on mine. Hoping to get it done in time!
    @steskens your slideshow for challenge #36 appears to be a mixture of different creations. Can you please provide a slideshow to include ONLY the pictures for your entry :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID:popettypop2012
    ORIGIN ID:popettypop2012
    LEVEL: Starting Out? I'm not sure if I'm still 'Starting Out' or not?
    LOT: Romantic Garden Playhouse
    GALLERY LINK: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/F9309DFECFB611E5890A452C50189AC0?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=popettypop2012&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST:
    BUILD COST: (The cost of the build, not including the lot price)
    TOTAL COST: 84,702
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s373.photobucket.com/user/cillaben/slideshow/Romantic Garden Playhouse

ENTRY DETAILS: I chose to build an outdoor playhouse with the new Romantic Garden Stuff pack because I'm in love with the landscaping goodies. Also, the items suit the requirement of it being elegant and historic looking.

SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM:N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) Link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM:Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NOCC

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

02-10-16_41636nbspPM_zpsfzoigsol.png
    02-10-16_34838nbspPM_zpssqffbjtz.png
  • mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    @popettypop2012 Your build is gorgeous! I am not a judge but I'd say based on your landscaping skills alone you re no longer just starting out. :) Awesome job!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    @mommataurus2 Thank you so much, that is so sweet:)
    steskens wrote: »
    Yeah same as last time.. That's why I went to imgur and made different folders for each challenge.. I can't put the right pictures on imgur until friday 12th.. I'm so sorry, otherwise count it as an unofficial entry :disappointed:@BuildnShare
    We are very sorry you are unable to provide a slideshow for this challenge @steskens and we will count it as an unofficial entry as you request :)

GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #36 - To Sleep Perchance To Dream

The results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LOT: The Apollo
    LOT COST: 2,500
    BUILD COST: 147,194
    TOTAL COST: 149,694
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/yFj4t
    ENTRY DETAILS: Historical playhouse with reception and sunken theatre, stage set up as ghostly, on the ground floor. Café, bar, kitchen, shop, dressing room, rest room and bathroom on the first floor with balconies overlooking the town. Bbq patio at the rear of the building.

ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/FFFCAC12D1B211E58A4ED2521D31BD01?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=cevans1962&max=50&maxis=false

VUIdJ14.png
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #36 - To Sleep Perchance To Dream

The results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: StSciurus
    ORIGIN ID: StSciurus
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Palace Theatre
    LOT COST: §2,000
    BUILD COST: §172,902
    TOTAL COST: §174,902
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: I was inspired by a Victorian theater in London called The Palace!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

X3.png
    StageOrchestra.png
    edited February 2016
    @BuildnShare, I spent the whole day yesterday building my build, but every time I save it to my library, it gives another creator. I have tried bulldozing lot and build but nothing seems to work. I have built this from scratch, I don't know what else to do. :'(:'(
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Hello @Issabella14
    Other simmers have been having the same issue. This link on the AHQ EA thread refers to the issue.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Wrong-Creators-name-in-the-gallery/m-p/4524122#M12540
    Try saving the rooms of your build to your library. Then start a new save game file, and place the rooms from your library onto a new lot, and rebuild your build that way. Before placing the rooms on the lot, bulldoze the lot, then save the lot to your library. Check that it doesn't have an original creator by any other simmer. Then place the empty lot back on the lot. Then place the rooms onto the lot. Then save your build to your library.

Sorry for posting on your thread BuildnShare.
    Thanks for you help @rosemow :)
    edited February 2016
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #37 The Play is the Thing
    FORUM ID: Issabella14
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    LOT USED: Bargin Bend
    LOT NAME: Play House Theatre
    GALLERY : Link
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 172,110
    TOTAL COST: 174,110
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s42.photobucket.com/user/Issabella_Koen/slideshow/Challenge 37
    ENTRY DETAILS: Historical playhouse theatre. There is an entrance hall and cloakrooms. Downstairs is the suncken theatre and entertainment. Upstairs is a coffee shop. I have saved this lot under cafe.

ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes thanks
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC only used MOO

U5epB1P.jpg
    Post edited by Issabella14 on
  • mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    Wow! @Issabella14! That entrance....I thought I was looking at a picture of an actual building. Awesome job.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

edited February 2016
    Wow! @Issabella14! That entrance....I thought I was looking at a picture of an actual building. Awesome job.

Thanks @mommataurus2 <3:)
    Post edited by Issabella14 on
    Challenge #37 is now closed, we hope you'll join us for #38 :)
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top