Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favourite Screenshot (or Tell Your Tales) - TSM Edition

Comments

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Got more images :)
    So, I decided to do the quest with Thor (because it really was the only fun one available - I could have used the reroll cheat but didn't really need it). He finished the quest a platinum, got the LT (something like born leader, so he'll be my next monarch ;)). Anyway, in the meantime, Stephanie did have her baby, a little boy I named Derek. Now, I went to check on him - just curious in what part of the spy quarters I would find his crib - and then I saw Jack interacting with his newborn son, it was so sweet!
    33zctpg.jpg
    2i79und.jpg
    1z5pwsi.jpg
    And this is how Derek looks as a kid (a little angry faced, but quite alright otherwise, shame I don't know his traits):
    2la965x.jpg
    Playing with his armored teddy:
    28apc7m.jpg

And I also got a picture of how Prince Caleb turned out (had it for a while, just haven't shared it yet) - those two really should become besties ;)
    16a2u83.jpg
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    So will the kids age up into adults too or do they stop as kids? Is there aging is this game besides the kids? Can characters die of old age or only if they're killed through other means?
    ~ ~ ~
    Other than from baby to child, Sims don't age at all in this game. If one of your hero Sims is killed through other means, like the pit monster for example, and the have a child, the child is eligible to take over its parent's job. That's the only way a child can become an adult. Mind, however, if one of your hero Sims dies during a quest you will fail the quest. Not sure what happens if a non active hero dies, maybe Ceres knows.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    If your non active hero dies the game gives you the opportunity to age a child up to take their parent's profession over (if they have a child). The game keeps track of the children pretty well. Ex: My spymaster was pregnant at the end of my quest but had not given birth. So when I took up the next quest with my Monarch my spymaster was no longer my active hero but when she had her baby the game still prompted me to name her.

So that's good at least... cause in every other version of the sims I've played the game auto assigns a name. The same thing happens if say I were to have my Monarch feed my Blacksmith to the pit monster. Once the inactive hero was dead the game would ask me if I wanted one of his girls to age up and take his place or if I wanted to make a new one in create a sim.

In this game death only happens by injury, illness, or monster teeth. ;) No aging or old age... which is something I didn't really like to be honest, but at the same time, with how they built the game, I guess it makes sense. Once you're done with the achievements and different questing challenges there really isn't a lot that keeps you there since the game play is too limiting for a real continued lineage...

Well, unless your name is Ceres and you find ways to kill your monarch so his heir can take his place... and then eventually kill that one off too so her heir could take over... and so on and so forth through the entire kingdom with all the heroes. LOL That was years ago when the game first came out, though, and I only did that because TS3 was giving me a really hard time (extra lags and crashes at the time). I literally couldn't play my Sims 3 game so TSM was all I had. I got pretty creative out of necessity. lol It's definitely not something I'll do this time... or maybe I will... >:) who knows! lol I doubt it, though, since I'm very much in love with TS4. TSM fills that dark and crude humor void for me, though, that is rather lacking in TS4... and wth I just wrote a narrative over a simple yes or no question. Man... I'm a pro at the art of word vomit. >.<

Awesome pictures! The meat was cracking me up (like a dragon haunch or something hahahaahaha not a rabbit!).
    I'm laughing so hard at the picture of Queen Ceres sending that lady to the stocks. That is so something I'd do to someone who requested me to fund their torture chamber!!! HAHAHA

PICTURES!!!

My spymaster had the daily to break someone out of the stocks. I totally forgot that to be successful at this you have to do it during the night. LOL So here I am, trying to bust this guy out in broad daylight.
    Screenshot-77%20800x450_zpsvocvvlbt.jpg
    Screenshot-78%20800x450_zps7ea0ot54.jpg
    Screenshot-80%20800x450_zpsykeiwb1t.jpg

Oh snap... busted >.<
    Screenshot-81%20800x450_zpslombpvwp.jpg

Are you serious? I'm the bloody spymaster!!! I should be able to feed his rotund bootie to the pit monster or at least throw rank to get out of this! lol
    Screenshot-82%20800x450_zpsrmvwkufr.jpg

This is most undignified. LOL
    Screenshot-83%20800x450_zps2f3ugcur.jpg

Don't think we can shake our way out of this Rioka. LOL
    Screenshot-85%20800x450_zpsrip8jisj.jpg

tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
    LOL oh dear that doesn't look like much fun. How do you get out once you get caught? Do they just eventually let you out after a certain amount of time passes?

(Sorry for all the questions guys...just curious about the game lol)

I switched to playing my Sims 4 Legacy for a bit since I've been neglecting them since getting Medieval but I will be back to Medieval as soon as a sim week passes in my Legacy save. (Plus I know gameplay in Medieval is somewhat limited and I don't want to rush through everything for the first time too quickly).
    ~ ~ ~
    I think they just let her out after a certain amount of time. I say "think" because I assumed she was stuck here for awhile, so I switched to Lancelot and sent him into the woods to adventure, next thing I know my spymaster walked past the forest entrance and I was like... "WAHHHHHH?! I thought you'd be in the stocks still!"

Memory tells me there is a way to spring yourself, but I haven't play tested and confirmed that. My memory is like a rusty steel trap... faulty and illegal in 37 states. ;) Actually it's probably a lot more than 37 now, but I'm too lazy to look up the new number. LOL

Take your time and take your breaks. The cool thing about TSM is it just sort of chills, and when you're not feeling inspired in other sim versions, you can wander off to TSM to still sim, but with a totally different experience that is both fun and new, but also makes you really appreciate the advances in TS4 at the same time. At least that's how it is for me. lol
    After saying I'd take a break I pretty much played this all day though in spurts lol. I enjoy how some of the quests are really quick but some of them are a lot more indepth. Enjoying this game so very much.

A few pictures from the last few bouts of play:

eu1mz4.jpg
    219ar2t.jpg
    I actually laughed out loud when she threw the leeches at his face I was totally not expecting it. This game lol <3

23kzqt0.jpg
    These two get a bit more interaction in (I was playing him at the time not her) unfortunately I did not get the romance part of this going far enough along...

2vskjnb.jpg
    Because after switching to a different quest were I was playing the Bloodletter I saw this happen while at her place. Lir cuddling with some random. Is there any story progression at all in this game that I don't make myself or is this something that's going to effect any possible pairings I had in mind for him? Either way you better stop these sort of antics Lir...I like you but I am not above throwing you in a pit and replacing you with a different Knight lol.

zvwos4.jpg
    Melissa here is far, far, far too excited about leeches.

ipp0k5.jpg
    If you think this pirate looks confused you are very right! And what has made her look so confused?

ygfu1.jpg
    It's because she's randomly being read a poem about war in a foreign land (aptly inspired and entitled A Long Time Ago...) in the middle of the night by a bard in a silly hat. (Lisbeth actually seemed to rather like the hat so I may have to see if there's a silly hat I can give her to wear normally...she definitely seems like a silly hat kind of girl)

1zm30y1.jpg
    I'm still miffed at him but I just love it when the characters run into each other while out and about.

zl896b.jpg

9v8llf.jpg
    Say what you will about the graphics in this game...the lighting in it is absolutely gorgeous.
    ~ ~ ~
    edited February 2016
    Oh gosh, I haven't spied one of my sims flirting with anyone else yet. I would have said there was no story progression, but that screenshot says otherwise. There must be a limited version of TS3's story progression in the game... it does use TS3's game engine. I've never had a hero sim marry or have children without my direction, though, so that's why I say it must be limited. Does he have the Licentious fatal flaw?

Beautiful screenshots! The leeches always creep me out and crack me up simultaneously. ;) Such a crude but hilarious sense of humor in this game. I love it!!! Your wizard is awesome!!! I love her!

My spymaster was wandering about (the royal children were tailing her).
    Screenshot-87%20800x450_zps1q3xawic.jpg

She stumbled across Lancelot dueling a very intimidating looking sim. I need to update his armor because he really doesn't look intimidating in his current gear. LOL Rioka just stood there staring with this blank look on her face for the longest time. I was getting pretty miffed, but she snapped out of it toward the end of the duel.
    Screenshot-89%20800x450_zpspkznok8t.jpg

That's more like it, cheer your man on!
    Screenshot-93%20800x450_zps4yic03m4.jpg

Victory!!!
    Screenshot-96%20800x450_zpsqwscbna8.jpg

She did this on her own, and I was thrilled about this autonomous action!
    Screenshot-99%20800x450_zpsuqzt8lxh.jpg

Screenshot-100%20800x450_zpsru5oyhn5.jpg

Screenshot-101%20800x450_zps7b8tlclt.jpg

I think he's inspired to win more duels now. ;)

P.S. Keep me posted on what happens with the story progression. I'm really curious to know if your sims get married or have children autonomously. I don't recall anything like that, but the last time I played was years ago when the series first debuted and my sims died often (not on purpose, I just wasn't as careful as I should have been. rofl I didn't really take death seriously because I thought it would be kind of hard to kill my sims like it was in TS3). Lesson was learned rather quickly, though, rofl. I had my monarch feed the Knight to the pit monster, for instance, because I didn't think the game would actually kill an active hero. Woops! ROFL One of my sims that ended up in the pit, though, was able to fight their way out... which was epic and totally awesome!
    He does not have the Licentious fatal flaw. He's actually Chivalrous and Adventurous with Morose as his flaw. They didn't actually kiss or anything they just sat there and cuddled for a long while. I also haven't seen them together since but I'll let you know what I find out by looking at his relationship panel when I play him again.

Your Spy Master is definitely making me look forward to playing one of my own. I already have plans for him hehe.

Am I right in assuming that if one of your Heroes does you're promoted to create a new one? I probably won't be throwing Lir into the pit but...well you never know ;-)
    ~ ~ ~
    Yes, you'll be prompted to either create a new hero or age up one of their children (if they have any). The hero starts at level 1, which is the only part that hurts. So if you're going to kill someone off, do it early on. ;) Muahahaha
    Let's see if I can dig up some images of Emperor Thor the Illustrious and his kingdom...
    2ywtlc2.jpg
    Thor and Evanlyn, my sorceress (I made her after a D&D character I once created/played ;) - I only played D&D once though).
    awc9vk.jpg
    Evanlyn practicing some spells.
    2uzrtcp.jpg
    Dame Zelda battling one of the Aarbyville gang members.
    2j17fvm.jpg
    That's how it's done!
    ivx35d.jpg
    My Jacoban priest Holger found this awesome bear rug on a treasure hunt.
    359y0jo.jpg
    And last but not least, Thor with his pet parrot Loki :lol:
    As for the kingdoms status, not only did Thor take over Aarbyville, he's also the rightful ruler of Gastrobury, Yacothia, Effenmont (married their gorgeous Elven heiress) and most recently Advorton (when Dame Zelda beat their champion with ease, and a little help from Evanlyn ;)). Next on the annexastion list is Burdley :)
    20s90gi.jpg
    While waiting for my characters to wake up I took this picture of the sunrise. So pretty <3

ogant4.jpg
    The current religious leaders in my world. Esmeralda is the Jacobian Priestess in the red and my Peteran Sister is on pulpit in the green (I can't remember her name currently I haven't played her yet) I played up the differences between the churches as given to us by their descriptions and ran with it so they are as different as night and day.

2j0i5ch.jpg
    2d8gjg0.jpg
    2h6sunr.jpg
    206mpnt.jpg
    30as1ex.jpg
    Esmeralda is Evil, Entitled and Cruel. Probably not the best traits for a religious leader but she is completely amazing to play. So far outside my comfort range for a Sim but I'm having an absolute blast with her.

35apvgn.jpg
    4giw68.jpg
    Sims Medicine at it's finest lol.

1zb3p4x.jpg
    21153ic.jpg
    Well this is awkward.

jphstt.jpg
    This poor acolyte/assistant. I feel so bad for her having to put up with Esmeralda on a daily basis.

21amro2.jpg
    nytmpu.jpg
    Esmeralda meets Lady Tross. She managed to stay on her best behavior the entire time she was at the castle.

v4xzrc.jpg
    While meeting with the Queen I realized how much they looked alike so I gave Esmeralda a make over more fitting of her character (I swore I took a close up but apparently I did not. She's wearing the same thing as before only in purple and her hair and make up is darker but still the same style as it was before). I also took the time to revamp her chambers a bit though I'll probably do some tweaking with it here and there.

2hxoffn.jpg
    I also redid Melissa's (the Bloodletter) chambers as well. I will probably slowly start revamping everyone's chambers as I play them though I don't plan to go too crazy on things (probably...maybe...lol)
    ~ ~ ~
    Awesome screenshots! I love seeing other people's sims and how they decorate their spaces, so these screenshots were a real joy to view. I must confess, I have a really hard time playing evil sims too, 3K, but when I do, I always have a blast. My evil well child Tabitha from TS3 is still one of my favorite sims of all time. There is something really awesome about evil in The Sims. ROFL Maybe it's those hilarious faces they produce when performing their nefarious deeds and when just killing time. lol

MD, I am cracking up that your Jacoban priest is the one who finds the bear rug. So wrong, but so right from a sims standpoint. ROFL Your D&D elf wizard rocks!
  • AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    I love all your pictures :smiley:! I'm so glad I'm a part of it now hehehe

I like to think that this Queen and Blacksmith used to know each other since little, but never interacted

20r1ppt.jpg

Oh! We heard something nayasteh!

10xzeh2.jpg
    23rif7.gif
    OMG her eyes!!! ROFL HOLY SMOKES! hahahahahaha That is the most hilariously awesome bug eyed screenshot I have ever seen!!! OMG!!!! ::falls out of chair laughing:: Auzz, you are amazing!!! I freaking love you; you just made my Tuesday night!
    Welcome! We're glad to have you...the more the merrier I say!
    ~ ~ ~
    An update on the Royal family, Emperor Thor and his first born, Princess Freya:
    sr6unau2asg4.jpg
    Who grows up to child in just one day ;)
    w0pyj5fpycq8.jpg
    dmc8dal02kra.jpg
    Family picture, with Thor's spouse, Princess Elianne (formerly of Effenmont) and second daughter Helga
    vy4q3gvv4oer.jpg
    Helga as a child
    7sq6y1ylniyg.jpg
    And there is by now also Prince Erak (who is chatting to a pirate...)
    kckwykumtz2o.jpg
    Princess Procession ;)
    7wpawrk76rdo.jpg

A cute picture of my physician Sarah (she's a glutton, I forgot how annoying that flaw is)
    9neqw4yk7c7i.jpg
    OMG her eyes!!! ROFL HOLY SMOKES! hahahahahaha That is the most hilariously awesome bug eyed screenshot I have ever seen!!! OMG!!!! ::falls out of chair laughing:: Auzz, you are amazing!!! I freaking love you; you just made my Tuesday night!

:D:smiley:
    23rif7.gif
    @MDianaSanders

I KNOW the glutton flaw is horrible! To make up for it it's a good idea to also make them a creative cook. Are you trying to do the achievement of having 5 drunkards and 5 gluttons? (I love drunkards :smiley:)!

Anyways, LOVE your pics :smiley:
    23rif7.gif
    @AuzzPanda No, I'm not, not this time anyway, I usually choose traits that don't bother a hero of a certain type (like insomniac for wizards, since they meditate, not sleep), but I wanted something different this time (I regret that decision). Otherwise I mostly choose drunkard because it's the easiest, just give them a drink with every meal and they stay happy!
    I did however get the achievement where you have to woohoo with the Monarch 25 times (and only got those three kids out of it ;)) It's so easy to have Sims woohoo after woohoo, much easier than in TS4 ;)
    edited September 2016
    I'm interested in knowing, witch is your favourite hero to use?
    Post edited by AuzzPanda on
    23rif7.gif
    edited September 2016
    Her face when she thinks of gruel
    whnseh.jpg
    23rif7.gif
    2i906lw.jpg

Oh - se - mata :open_mouth:
    23rif7.gif
    edited September 2016
    Must............EAT!

That is honestly how I eat

x5a06w.jpg
    23rif7.gif
    Awesome pictures! Thor has a very nice looking family. His wife is pretty!

Great sword fighting shot Auzz, and I'm cracking up at the eating picture! hahahaha So hilarious and awesome!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top