Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Fountain of Butt?!

SimChelle1982SimChelle1982 Posts: 2,666 Member
We have a new stuff pack. I understand the new stuff pack. It's Valentine's Day, love is in the air, and our sims just MUST have plants and flowers to decorate the lives we have condemned them to live. Sure, your sims will be doing the same things they've done every day for a year and a half, but hey, now they can do it in front of a flowering plant. Whooo...the excitement. But then...wait...what's this...?

Ah, the Fountain of Gluteus Maximus! Just what I've waited a year and a half for....the Fountain of butt. Not more gameplay like sports, or seasons, or pets, or toddlers....not cars or bikes or ANYTHING other than drinking, partying, and talking...no...give me the Fountain of Butt. This is what I needed.

Of course, I say all this in jest. I do actually enjoy TS4 though I am disappointed with the lack of many features.

But...really...The Fountain of Butt?
15172699815_7cdb04275d_o.png

Comments

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited February 2016
    The new fountain does look nice, and there appears to be a new interaction with the fountains coming with this new Stuff Pack. But if you are meaning that you are tired of fountains. I can understand, and yeah I'm not overly fond of it either. But I do love the new garden statues, and the new wishing well though.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited February 2016
    You'd get past the censors if you just said "butt".
    Post edited by KayeStar on
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • SimChelle1982SimChelle1982 Posts: 2,666 Member
    @SweetieKaye Done, thanks!
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    You want sports, seasons, pets and toddlers done in a $10 pack?

Bigger packs take time to develop, don't expect to get a new GP or EP every month. Game Pack 3 will most likely be announced and released next month and judging from the quality of the previous GPs it'll be really good.
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited February 2016
    The wishing well that comes with the pack looks really promising though :blush:
    The stuff pack also includes the Whispering Wishing Well, and woe to the Sim who underestimates the power it wields. A single Simoleon is all it takes to cast a wish, be it for happiness, wealth, a child, youth, love, and more… but the Wishing Well is known to be quite temperamental, and one should carefully gauge not only what they wish for, but when they wish for it. Over fifty different outcomes ensure that your Sim’s life may be altered forever… though it may end in rejoicing, or in personal tragedy.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited February 2016
    The wishing well that comes with the pack looks really promising though :blush:
    The stuff pack also includes the Whispering Wishing Well, and woe to the Sim who underestimates the power it wields. A single Simoleon is all it takes to cast a wish, be it for happiness, wealth, a child, youth, love, and more… but the Wishing Well is known to be quite temperamental, and one should carefully gauge not only what they wish for, but when they wish for it. Over fifty different outcomes ensure that your Sim’s life may be altered forever… though it may end in rejoicing, or in personal tragedy.
    And it has been stated that there are 50 outcomes to the wishing well. And the trailer shows possibly one of those 50 outcomes.
    ETA: I just learned from another Simmer that SimGuruGraham had tweeted that there are 54 outcomes from the wishing well.
    Since what they had showed us of the romantic garden being paradise like in the trailer. I'm thinking that they need to release fairies for Sims 4 now. Because fairies would fit perfectly into this romantic garden theme. And maybe throw in some fairy mischief too.

Post edited by sunman502 on
  • SimChelle1982SimChelle1982 Posts: 2,666 Member
    edited February 2016
    @Mightydan No, I don't want all of those in a $10 pack, but I don't want a bunch of $10 packs that give us a lot of what we already have. In all honesty, the packs they've released have been fun...but not for long. Besides, you missed the point of my post. As I said, this post was made in jest (humor) and the point of it is really the name of the fountain, which I found to be funny.

But with that said, I think I would have more fun with pets, seasons, toddlers, etc. than with a fountain or a wishing well. How long will that really keep me entertained? Not very long, unfortunately. I'd rather have 1 decent game pack than a thousand little stuff packs that don't add up to much. Just my opinion.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    The Gluteus Maximus in the name might be referring to the fact you can sit on this fountain. It also sounds like a Roman name, which fits with the theme of the statues etc.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    We have a new stuff pack. I understand the new stuff pack. It's Valentine's Day, love is in the air, and our sims just MUST have plants and flowers to decorate the lives we have condemned them to live. Sure, your sims will be doing the same things they've done every day for a year and a half, but hey, now they can do it in front of a flowering plant. Whooo...the excitement. But then...wait...what's this...?

Ah, the Fountain of Gluteus Maximus! Just what I've waited a year and a half for....the Fountain of butt. Not more gameplay like sports, or seasons, or pets, or toddlers....not cars or bikes or ANYTHING other than drinking, partying, and talking...no...give me the Fountain of Butt. This is what I needed.

Of course, I say all this in jest. I do actually enjoy TS4 though I am disappointed with the lack of many features.

But...really...The Fountain of Butt?

I think the name is funny XD But I'm not french so it doesn't sound ordenary to me like it might for french people. It sounds like a fancy word for butt XD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Hippie items and movie stuff go together right ?.Sims 3 had a toilet called the Seat of Romance.Getting anything really useful for this version will be a miracle and yes I'm buying this stuff pack.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    LOL! The fountain of butt... that is great. AHAHA
    p8L4V6v.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »

Isn't that called a bidet?
    Bidet made.
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

No....that's more a fountain FOR your butt.... o_O
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    When Seasons comes out, I honestly wonder how drastic the changes in these gardens will be with the changing season. It would be beautiful burning leaves in the Fall, and Winter will have snow-covered leaves with glittering icicles hanging off the branches... I'm just imagining here.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    Is there really a fountain of butt? I think that's funny.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    I feel bad for all you poor folk who wanted that Love Game Pack. A ton of these threads have been started on the new expansion, game pack coming up and we get THIS mess.

I might go read one of those threads just to check out the disappointment lol
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member

Piperbird wrote: »

We need an LOL Button back!

YungGigi wrote: »
    I feel bad for all you poor folk who wanted that Love Game Pack. A ton of these threads have been started on the new expansion, game pack coming up and we get THIS mess.

Actually, I'm not one of them. I didn't believe a GP was coming this month anyways, I figured it would be a SP. I figure next month will be the GP (and really hope it's not "Find Love"). I understand everyone gets their hopes up about stuff, heck I jump on the hype train over any little mention of the "T" word, but I don't understand getting so upset when things don't go your way. I mean, everything is just speculation/hope until it is actually confirmed. I try to stay away from too many hype threads for my own sanity (though, as I mentioned, I can't help but go to the toddler ones) and I'll stay away from the "Why wasn't this a GP instead of a SP" type threads for that same reason. :)
    p8L4V6v.png

I like speculating, but I don't get depressed if my guesses turn out wrong. So far I have found something to like in every stuff pack. The only one I held off on buying was LP (not enough build/buy, and clothes not really to my taste), but I wanted the buffet items so caved when I had some spare cash.
  • YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member

Actually, I'm not one of them. I didn't believe a GP was coming this month anyways, I figured it would be a SP. I figure next month will be the GP (and really hope it's not "Find Love"). I understand everyone gets their hopes up about stuff, heck I jump on the hype train over any little mention of the "T" word, but I don't understand getting so upset when things don't go your way. I mean, everything is just speculation/hope until it is actually confirmed. I try to stay away from too many hype threads for my own sanity (though, as I mentioned, I can't help but go to the toddler ones) and I'll stay away from the "Why wasn't this a GP instead of a SP" type threads for that same reason. :)

The hype is so real up here lol. Thread on thread on thread about speculation.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Good luck finding mass disappointment. Most posts have been pretty happy about the content.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I do want sports, but I want that to come in a game pack or an EP, because an SP will not do it proper justice imo. That being said, I WANT that fountain of butt! I was lukewarm to the SP theme until I saw that fountain. I want it!!! 50+ possible wishing outcomes? It's not a want at this point, for me, it's a NEED.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
    I do want sports, but I want that to come in a game pack or an EP, because an SP will not do it proper justice imo. That being said, I WANT that fountain of butt! I was lukewarm to the SP theme until I saw that fountain. I want it!!! 50+ possible wishing outcomes? It's not a want at this point, for me, it's a NEED.

So you want the Wishing Well then, not the fountain? (Fountain has new functionality like sitting, splashing, playing in and adding suds)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

I speculate that you're a sad, lonely little Gigi.
  • GlasgowSmilesGlasgowSmiles Posts: 209 Member
    u3gCsC0.gif
    Sounds like my kind of fountain.