Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Medieval Error Installing

alicebee123alicebee123 Posts: 3 New Member
File: D:\Game\Bin\TSLHost.dll
Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

This is the error I am getting trying to install the Sims Medieval on to my lap top. Dell Windows 7 or 8 I believe...Have Sims 3 and 4 installed on here...wondering if anyone can help please!

Comments

• Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I know it has been a few weeks since you posted this, but are you trying to play off your hard disk copy, or are you using the digital download through Origin?
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    MerkinSparklesMerkinSparkles Posts: 2 New Member
    I bought the game and I cant redeem the code and download it
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    File: D:\Game\Bin\TSLHost.dll
    Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

This is the error I am getting trying to install the Sims Medieval on to my lap top. Dell Windows 7 or 8 I believe...Have Sims 3 and 4 installed on here...wondering if anyone can help please!

I was able to clean my old disc and get past this. You can possible speak to a game advisor at Origin to see if your code on the card in the box will let you install and not need the disc anymore. I'm not sure they can do this since they are only selling the game and the EP in one pack now, so I don't know if you will be able to download with just the base now like before.

But my problem with this was I had a spot on the front side of the label not just a dirty, slightly scratched disc on the important side. Rinsing and letting dry worked for me.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.