Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Opinions ? About Expansion Packs ... Which you prefer? Game Packs? and Stuff Packs?

I am in the process of ordering but not sure what to get any opinions On Which Expansion to get? Game Pack? Stuff Pack? Thanxxxxx

Comments

• kiwiboy18kiwiboy18 Posts: 123 Member
    Would recommend reading the reviews mentioned above or hit up YouTube, LGR in particular does very good reviews.
  • AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    IMO, I would get one of each. Get together, Spa day, then either perfect patio and/or movie hangout. Those are my favorite and I think a majority of simmers favorite, or at least you will find many people who agree. From what ive seen, spa day actually has the most rave reviews. It is definitely worth its price. If you had to get only one, I would get Get together if only because of the new world and all the items.
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited February 2016
    In the past, I've personally preferred EPs because I knew they would have life states in them. For the Sims 4, I'm hearing GPs are getting the most positive reception compared to the EPs and SPs released so far, although I would recommend Get Together. Spa Day and Outdoor Retreat both received positive reviews. Get Together, Spooky Stuff, and Movie Hangout Stuff also received decent reviews. There are also the bundle pack options like these two.
    51HZVtGE6%2BL.jpg
    SIMS4BP3pcmac2DPFTen-1.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    They each have their benefits....Stuff packs are cheap come with some new clothes and hair styles and some objects. I think game packs are cool cause they are relatively inexpensive and have a lot of objects and gameplay. Ep's of course add the most, but are quite a bit more expensive.too.
  • JackPipsamJackPipsam Posts: 115 Member
    I still rather expansion because (at least in Australian dollars) it seems roughly worth the price.

I am yet to be convinced that Spa Day or Outdoor Retreat are $30 products and I don't think the stuff packs are worth $15 either.

The full expansions while pricey, at least tend to change up the game on a mechanical level.
  • TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    Thanks for the Help and Opinions! <3
  • MissBirdieMissBirdie Posts: 3,003 Member
    You'll have fun with whichever packs you get, they're all awesome! :) But personally, I get the most gameplay out of Get Together and Spa Day, you get a lot of cool CAS options and build options with Get Together, and I never get bored of the club aspect.
    “Lying, the telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of Art.” – Oscar Wilde.
    Social is my Favorite part of Simming and Building so that sounds GREAT ... Always giving Parties Etc.... I myself am Bubbly Talkative Social etc so that part I enjoy the Most... And of course the Whole Sim Game in a Whole! :open_mouth:
    Thanxxxxxxxxxx
    Social is my Favorite part of Simming and Building so that sounds GREAT ... Always giving Parties Etc.... I myself am Bubbly Talkative Social etc so that part I enjoy the Most... And of course the Whole Sim Game in a Whole! :open_mouth:

I'm the same! Get Together has a bunch of opportunities for social interaction etc :) Have fun with whichever you end up getting!
    “Lying, the telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of Art.” – Oscar Wilde.
    I just got Get Together.........<3 Will it just show up in my game I Only have the Sims 4 game.... This is my first Expansion.....Thanxxxx for the help ... Everyone <3
    Well I guess the rest of my post didnt go through? I just got Get Together .. Excited!!! I have Sims 4 but with this Expansion how will I know I have it in my game will I just have to open the game and its there or?
    Thanks for all your Help and Opinions!
    Well I guess the rest of my post didnt go through? I just got Get Together .. Excited!!! I have Sims 4 but with this Expansion how will I know I have it in my game will I just have to open the game and its there or?

Yes, once it's installed you just need to open your base game. :)
    Thanks MissBirdie
    How will I know..? as in Objects? or Travel or? I dont know what to look for
  • PeachyKeen88PeachyKeen88 Posts: 652 Member
    I'd recommend one of each - Get Together, Outdoor Retreat, and Patio Stuff. GT and OR are my favorites because they have new worlds/destinations to explore, and for GT, the grouping system is useful and very flexible. And Patio Stuff for the hot tubs :#
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    If it installed successfully, it should pull up a window when you open the game, describing some of the main features of the pack.

If it doesn't download/install automatically, pull up Origin and go to My Games. Then find The Sims 4, hover over it, and click the "i" icon. That should take you to a page that shows you all of the add-on packs for The Sims 4 - which ones you own and whether the ones you own are installed. You can then manually click install/download (I forget what the button says... might just say Play) for any uninstalled packs you own.

The page also has a list at the bottom that tells you the "status" of each pack you own, in text form (status being whether it's installed or not).
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member

You will know, trust me ;). Everything in build mode will say new because of the massive amount of new Build mode items. That and Windenburg is at the worlds screen.
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100
    Thankssssssssss