Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A complete Forum Tutorial.

Comments

• GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    edited February 2016
    Ok, I tried to change my profile pic, but I couldn't find any of the options, and when I went into preferences, it didn't look anything like that, and when I comment or make a post, it will let me input emoji, but no pictures or anything like the options you have. Why?
    That's because you are a ne member -> http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know#latest

Edit: Those typos! :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Ok, I tried to change my profile pic, but I couldn't find any of the options, and when I went into preferences, it didn't look anything like that, and when I comment or make a post, it will let me input emoji, but no pictures or anything like the options you have. Why?

Hello @Nyrrat_Sims :) Welcome to the forums .
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a member and can then post pictures, have a signature, post links and change your profile picture.The link in the above post explains about it.

You are invited to visit this thread and introduce yourself.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817478/hello-come-and-introduce-yourself
  • iluvchoklateiluvchoklate Posts: 197 Member
    I'm working up my post count right now. I have all my points already, just need the posts. :)
  • Nyrrat_SimsNyrrat_Sims Posts: 49 Member
    What is the easiest way to earn points? And are the "posts" just comments like this?
    What is the easiest way to earn points? And are the "posts" just comments like this?

Hello :) Posts are comments on threads. Each time you post/comment on a thread, it counts in your post count. Keep posting on threads, and you will soon get the required points. You also earn points by getting badges.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/badges
    What do you think the easiest badge is then?
    What do you think the easiest badge is then?

You will receive the 10 comments badge soon. You already have some of the other badges. You already have 42 points so you nearly have enough points. Keep posting on threads for your post count. I hope that you are able to become a full member soon. :)
    Thanks! I'm really looking forward to being able to post pictures and have profile pics and all that stuff!
    P.S. Are you a Guru?
    P.S. Are you a Guru?

No. Like so many many other simmers on the forums, we all like to help other simmers as best as we can so as everyone can enjoy simmming :)
    Well thank you! As a forum newby, it's been cool having someone to direct me to good threads for new people. Your kindness does not go unappreciated!
  • alexzanealexzane Posts: 1 New Member
    Grate work!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Alex
    realpharmacyx
  • corvelobeatrizcorvelobeatriz Posts: 38 Member
    wow, this post helped me so much, thanks!
    Hello, how's it going?
    I hope you have an incredible day, sweetheart.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    wow, this post helped me so much, thanks!

Glad it helped you ^^ welcome to the forums
  • HyunHeeHyunHee Posts: 390 Member
    they obviously no longer have LOL and disagree bottons?
    2vc864m.jpg

• 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    they obviously no longer have LOL and disagree bottons?

Yes, I need to edit it but I haven't gotten to it yet hah
  • SVTonySVTony Posts: 243 New Member
    Why is it that I don't see the blue button on the right to start a discussion? Sorry, I'm new to this forum. :o
    SVTony wrote: »
    Why is it that I don't see the blue button on the right to start a discussion? Sorry, I'm new to this forum. :o

Hello @SVTony :) Welcome to the forums.
    Because of the spambot issues, new members may have been restricted from starting new discussions at the moment. When you become a full member, you will be able to start a new discussion.
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a member and can then post pictures, have a signature, post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know
  • LordkiribatiLordkiribati Posts: 201 Member
    Thank you :) ^^
  • Kitty_1Kitty_1 Posts: 38 Member
    We all know that when games are updated and get new packs it can be exciting. It gives us chills and starts letting are imaginations run wild. So, today the topic of this discussion is..... What we would like to see in expansion/ stuff packs in The Sims 4. Let’s begin. My first topic that I would like to mention is personally I think the expansion packs that consist of supernatural, into the future, island paradise, university life, seasons, and apartment/ hotel life were amazing hits. I think it would be a huge improvement to add these to the Sims 4. However, you will need to update them and add some new features. My second topic is cars. I believe these were great, so just keep them. It would majorly improve them to look inside them. It would be more interesting than a waiting screen. The radio could play or the parents could have a chat with their kids. My next topic discusses a MAJOR problem. Where on sim land did the toddlers go? It doesn't matter where they went all that matters is that you bring them BACK. We enjoyed these children. It made the gap in age not seem all that bad. However, you guys made the children look about 7 or so we need someone in between the newborns and the 7 year old's, please change that. Next, since I am discussing age gaps, let’s talk about children to teens. There needs to be an age group between children and teen. It could be called tween, as most refer to it like this today. This age group tween could give sim lovers a chance at new and larger variety. Next, I think the idea of having sleepovers would be amazing. There could be sleeping bags, more pajama wear, and even real nail polish. Your Sims would get to experience new game play such as pillow fights, scary storytelling, kneeling on the floor, watching movies while in sleeping bags, playing truth or dare, and especially pulling all- nighters. Another thing that would improve this action, is planning parties earlier than that vary day. You could even invite them to come home with you after school. My next topic is, handshakes. I know you can do handshakes with clubs, but what about with your sister/brother or even a best friend? Next up, when you hopefully add in pets please keep Sims 3 pets while adding in pets like bunnies or snakes. It would also be neat to have farm life for your Sims. And speaking of pets you need to add in a vet for ill pets. You should also be able to take in strays. Next topic is, sports. Some sim lovers like to keep their children/tween/teens happy but also HEALTHY. In order for children to not get fat they do sports. You could consist sports along the lines of gymnastics, softball, baseball, basketball, track, volleyball, soccer, football, dance, cheer, and many others. Also, please add a grocery store and a mall. We would like to make this game as real as life. Which brings me to my next topic, restaurants. We might want a place to go to celebrate a promotion or a big win in the soccer or game or even to go just because. My next topic of business is about tree houses. Tree houses, Blanket forts, or tire swing make an amazing way to have fun. It is also a great way to spend quality family time. It would be a great pleasure to look inside the child's tree house and customize as their own. They could be fancy or just plain. The children could even invite parents/older siblings/grandparents/aunts/friends/cousins/ carry younger siblings up the ladder/ or just play by themselves. In the child's tree house they could have play kitchens with little fake stoves. They could even have these in their play room or bedroom in the house. Now speaking of children's tire swing, regular playground equipment. There would be swings, slides, sea saws, jungle gyms, and many modernized playground things. These would give us more of a park theme. Finally, my last idea for expansion/ stuff pack for the Sims 4. We have all heard and probably bought Sims 4 get to work, however what if there was a sims 4 get to school? We would start out the school day with CLOTHING. If you attended a private school you would wear a uniform. But, you wouldn't be required to wear one at public school. You would have your backpack/ shoulder bag on. You could customize your backpack/shoulder bag in Create a Sim. You would also find your school uniform there. Next we enter our second major event for the day, TRANSPORTATION. Your parent(s) would drive you, you could ride a bike, walk to school, you could catch a ride with a friend/ neighbor, or you could take the bus. However, this bus would be different. On this school bus, you would be able to go on the bus, not just your sim. When you first enter the bus you make a decision. You chose where to sit. You could sit with the mean kids, the popular kids, with a friend(s), or simply by yourself. You than would decide whether to read a book, talk, listen to the radio, or (if needed) finish homework. After that you would wait for the driver to finish up the last stops. After that, the next major event would be, LOCKERS/ CUBICLES. For age groups tween and teen you would receive your middle school/ high school locker. However, for toddlers and children you would receive a Pre-school/ elementary school cubicle. Each cubicle comes in the shape of a large rectangle with a shelf at the top and a hook for their coats. Each cubicle comes in the classroom while each locker comes on the outside in the halls. After putting their things away then comes time for their CLASSES. Each toddler would get one class and stay there all day. Each child would get two classes (Science and Math with one teacher, Language Arts and Social Studies with the other) and switch after lunch. Each tween/ teen would get 4 classes (History, algebra, Science, English) and one 30 min. study hall and one 30 min. lunch and PE for an hour two electives swapping for the one hour spot every day. The next major thing would be LUNCH. In this 30 min. time period students could get a tray or eat a lunch packed from home the night before. You can customize your lunchbox the same way you would with your backpack. After that the next major thing is ELECTIVES. With electives you would have two swapping for the hour time frame every day. You have one free choice elective ( Art, Music, Choir, Drama, Orchestra, Band, Or creative Music with guitar) and one service elective ( Working in Cafeteria, Working in Library, Working in Janitorial Services, Working in the nurses office, and many others.) After this you would continue your day until you get to another major topic, Physical Education. During Physical Education you can choose to run laps, play doge ball, play lists of sports, hide out behind the bleachers, or fake an injury. After that throughout your day you will come across you study hall during this you can study in the library or in other locations. After that you day will continue until you reach the end of the day. At the end of school you can chose to stay behind and join a school club, tutor, be tutored, watch a spots team practice, or you can go home. School clubs consist of Chess Club, Art Club, Garden Club, Drama Club, Safety Patrol crosswalk personal, Or joining the news team for the announcements for the next day. I hope you all enjoy my ideas for expansion/ stuff pack for the Sims 4. Please try and corporate these ideas into the Sims 4 next expansion/ stuff packs. Thank you all for reading this.
  • SVTonySVTony Posts: 243 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > SVTony wrote: »
    >
    > Why is it that I don't see the blue button on the right to start a discussion? Sorry, I'm new to this forum. :o
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @SVTony :) Welcome to the forums.
    > Because of the spambot issues, new members may have been restricted from starting new discussions at the moment. When you become a full member, you will be able to start a new discussion.
    > You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a member and can then post pictures, have a signature, post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.

Thanks for replying! I suspected it was something like that, but I wasn't sure.
    SVTony wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > SVTony wrote: »
    >
    > Why is it that I don't see the blue button on the right to start a discussion? Sorry, I'm new to this forum. :o
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @SVTony :) Welcome to the forums.
    > Because of the spambot issues, new members may have been restricted from starting new discussions at the moment. When you become a full member, you will be able to start a new discussion.
    > You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a member and can then post pictures, have a signature, post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.

Thanks for replying! I suspected it was something like that, but I wasn't sure.

Hello @SVTony :) You nearly have enough points to become a member!
    Happy Simming! :)
  • olidegolideg Posts: 1 New Member
    Thanx for this Tuto !