Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    I'm so excited! I actually did some writing this weekend for my legacy, and I think I'm going to have a post up tonight! :)
    I feel like it's been a while.

How is everyone doing today? Having good weekends? :)

Yay for productive weekends! It feels great doesn't it? :)

I managed to write a couple updates too, so I'm set for the next two weeks. I always need to be ahead since I barely have any time/energy during the week...

It really does. I finally figured out a way to write my legacy that doesn't feel quite as repetitive. And something juicy happened. :)

I just caught up on your legacy. I like the Windenburg twist! I feel bad for Astrid though. :(

Ooh interesting! That's awesome that you found a writing style that suits you :) And thanks for reading my story :)
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    I did it! I finished my short story :) The Warning

July, your story is fantastic! I loved it!
    #teamMeatball
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • SimmerSteffieSimmerSteffie Posts: 723 Member
    edited January 2016
    Gosh trying to take a family picture is a pain... o_o

edit: of sims, of course. :p
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Gosh trying to take a family picture is a pain... o_o

edit: of sims, of course. :p

Oh yes, I have never managed to properly do so, @SimmerSteffie ! If you figure out any special tricks to make it work, let me know! :lol:
    snvAF3B.png
    @CitizenErased14 this is all I managed.
    01-31-16_5-53-05c2a0pm.png?w=680

it'll serve it's purpose. :p
    Chapter 1.13
    Boop!
    Finally an update. :)
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited January 2016
    I have a question for all the wordpress people. I'm super close to the 3gb limit on media and in order to increase it I'd have to buy the premium subscription. I don't really want to do that. Is there anyway to add pictures once I hit my limit? For those who read my story know there's a lot of story left, plus I'm starting a new one ;)

I'd hate to have to restart the blog somewhere else :/
    suRdkSd.jpg
    swcheppes wrote: »
    I have a question for all the wordpress people. I'm super close to the 3gb limit on media and in order to increase it I'd have to buy the premium subscription. I don't really want to do that. Is there anyway to add pictures once I hit my limit? For those who read my story know there's a lot of story left, plus I'm starting a new one ;)

I'm in the same boat! We were talking about this just the other day! @sunnyshay and a few others use Flickr, and they have had great luck with it. (That's what I think I'll use.) Others us imgur. I forget what @Meggles said she used, but it sounds really neat. I've heard of others using PhotoBucket, too. So there are lots of options!

I know some folks who host pictures off-site occasionally run into broken images (sometimes it seems to be browser or even IP-related), so that's one thing that I want to be sure to ask about before I commit myself. I'm pretty sure that the Flickr users haven't run into issues with this.

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    I hate my dad asking me this question "You have eaten today right?" when I went to ask mom about supper. He knows I HAVE eatten today-HE made lunch for us. But that was at NOON and this is basically almost 7pm. So is it any wonder I'm hungry?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited January 2016
    CathyTea wrote: »

I'm in the same boat! We were talking about this just the other day! @sunnyshay and a few others use Flickr, and they have had great luck with it. (That's what I think I'll use.) Others us imgur. I forget what @Meggles said she used, but it sounds really neat. I've heard of others using PhotoBucket, too. So there are lots of options!

I know some folks who host pictures off-site occasionally run into broken images (sometimes it seems to be browser or even IP-related), so that's one thing that I want to be sure to ask about before I commit myself. I'm pretty sure that the Flickr users haven't run into issues with this.

Thanks! How exactly do you use images from those sites without it taking up space in my media folder? I store my images with Imgur. Do you put the links in the story instead of putting them in your media folder?
    suRdkSd.jpg
    CathyTea wrote: »

Thanks! How exactly do you use images from those sites without it taking up space in my media folder? I store my images with Imgur. Do you put the links in the story instead of putting them in your media folder?

Yes! Use the links. When you go to add the media, there's an option to "Add via URL" so just enter the URL there. I think it's Imgur that can sometimes result in broken image links, so you might check with some of the Imgur users to see how they avoid that.

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    @MadameLee In German it's "Tante" for Aunt and "Onkel" for uncle ^^
    ^ same in French for aunt, I think, but its spelling for uncle is oncle

Tio and tia in Spanish. @MadameLee

With accents over the I's! :) Tío and Tía :blush:

citizen for some reason i know tia is aunt. i have no idea how i learned that. see not all the words i know are bad i just forget the good ones til i see them.
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @swcheppes I use imgur for some of my images and it's great :)
    snvAF3B.png
    writing goal a less complicated family tree. my sim kids 2 of my sim kids were freds not frankes so frankies kids were both cousins and half brother/ sister. that why i stopped th charater page after garrison i couldn't rember who was the parent of which.
    I'm so excited! I actually did some writing this weekend for my legacy, and I think I'm going to have a post up tonight! :)

you made me laugh my weekened is everyday but sunday. even then im gone a few hours to work come home and its the weekend again.

you made me laugh my weekened is everyday but sunday. even then im gone a few hours to work come home and its the weekend again.

i get to write now . which is exciting.jes pointed out i'll have more than 10 generations since im using the alphabet.that hadn't occured to me.

i get to write now . which is exciting.jes pointed out i'll have more than 10 generations since im using the alphabet.that hadn't occured to me.

Wait... we have more than 10 letters in our alphabet? Now you tell me! I thought we were spelling in base 10!

edited February 2016
    since the baby is still a baby im going to let you all decide if you want Garisson to tell the story first or his wife. so itsort of a vote but not really.
  • BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    edited February 2016
    @CitizenErased14 this is all I managed.
    01-31-16_5-53-05c2a0pm.png?w=680

it'll serve it's purpose. :p

For some of my photos for a short series I did, I had a sim have full photography and I had autonomy off, used MOO to get Low stoolstwo chairs in the photoshoot thingy, you will have to play around with this to get it just right for room and for the framing, had the kid or kids sit in the stool, and then I had the two adults get their picture taken with the photo lab. Not sure if you can fit all those in.

If you use poses maybe use those to get two others on either side
    09-01-15_2-26c2a0am-3.png
    @SimmerSteffie
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    edited February 2016
    Omg, guys. I came across this: blicblockjs.herokuapp.com/

You can play Blicblock on your browser! I tried it and I was thinking, "No wonder our Sims needed focus while playing games!"
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
    BTW did the person who asked months ago about sims for a Downton Abbey thing ever happened?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • RinellieRinellie Posts: 438 Member
    edited February 2016
    @zbern12 @BBQPenguinwings Ugh, I'm so sorry, I continued the conversation about Life is Strange and then didn't answer until now :( But! Here is my response now.
    I chose to let Chloe die too. It was so sad to see her die. The funeral was awful, I hated seeing her mom go through it. But in the end, I think I'm just a little too noble haha. I couldn't ever put the life of one person above the lives of many.

@MadameLee

In Chinese, aunt is 阿姨 (ayi) and uncle is 叔叔 (shushu) :) Although I kinda doubt you want to use Chinese characters in your story haha.

ETA: WOW I just realized that might sound bad. I meant to say, you might not want to use Chinese characters as in the Chinese written language, NOT as in story characters who are Chinese. Yikes.
    Rinellie wrote: »
    @zbern12 @BBQPenguinwings Ugh, I'm so sorry, I continued the conversation about Life is Strange and then didn't answer until now :( But! Here is my response now.
    I chose to let Chloe die too. It was so sad to see her die. The funeral was awful, I hated seeing her mom go through it. But in the end, I think I'm just a little too noble haha. I couldn't ever put the life of one person above the lives of many.

@MadameLee

In Chinese, aunt is 阿姨 (ayi) and uncle is 叔叔 (shushu) :) Although I kinda doubt you want to use Chinese characters in your story haha.

I might when I get around to Mulan..Ayi (so I guess mom's sister is Ayi since her husband is Chinese, Shushu)
    6adMCGP.gif
    For those who are Downton Abbey friends I just saw the episode where
    Lord Gratham ulcer broke/spoiler] and I really hope I get the site of the 'b' word out of my head for tonight
    6adMCGP.gif
  • RinellieRinellie Posts: 438 Member
    @lovesstorms I don't have any grand advice about how to go about writing your stories because, really, you should do what's best for you. I personally play the game, take screenshots, and then just arrange them in whatever order is necessary to create a story I find interesting. Sometimes, I even write a plot point that is completely contradictory to what happened in game. For example, in my prettacy, I wrote the story to make it seem like my founder was being burned by love and getting rejected by guys. But in the actual game, she had the serial romantic aspiration, so she was the one jumping from guy to guy and breaking their hearts. I say, don't stress too much about following the exact course of events that happened in game.

Besides that, I want to say that I feel you are very talented and shouldn't worry so much about whether what you post is perfect or not. I read your short story, and the writing was very well done and very moving. The plot was interesting, and the screenshots were beautiful too. You're much better than you give yourself credit for, trust me!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top