March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge Main Page

Comments

• FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    I found m back :)
    So once I am at house 3, I will place my palmtree park.
    I might start this challenge with a boy named Justin Bieber btw, since he's the only household I didn't lose (yes, I love his new album) and he's the first sim I ever based of a real person with facial expression.
  • PlaizealotPlaizealot Posts: 176 Member
    @Fennadev - Yay! :smiley: I'm so glad you found them! Kudos! I hope you can still have fun with starting over. One thing you can do to help keep those saved games is to get a pen-drive(jump drive, USB storage stick) and copy your save games over to it. They don't take up much space and it's a great way to back-up. Also, upload your lots and sims to the Origin gallery so you'll always have them. Have fun! :)
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    @Fennadev Whew! I'm so glad that you've got them all again :smiley: I would have been so sad about that...

GREAT tips @Plaizealot You're 1 smart cookie!! :wink:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited January 2016
    I restarted this challenge at house 1, so expect me to make another house 1 & 2, since I just love making houses.
    We started with catching an electronic part and selling it for 120 simoleons:
    uftEtx5.png

And what baby would come out of this match:
    BkZDBGP.png
    X
    TzJBTs1.png

She is not only cute clothing (which is a miracle in the sims), but I also already discovered she is a goofball and cheerful, perfect traits already!

They are talking right now and getting along just well, since Justin is a goofball as well :)

Btw, should I blog this story or not, I never did a blog thing before and I also don't know how to do it, but I would love to make a little story out of this challenge.
    @Fennadev - It looks like you're off to a good start. It seems you ended up with 2 great catches there! She is a cutie-pie! Have fun and good luck! :wink:
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Hello Everyone!

I have put this challenge to bed for a while. Even though I am *on* house 5, it's getting too boring, and I have a feeling that I wouldn't have passed that one. So.... I moved those save files to a special little corner, and I'm going to try a different way of gameplay. I'll be back, I just don't know when. Besides, lately I really haven't been in the mood *to* actually play. Could it be weather-related? Probably. I do know that because of the weather, I haven't felt good. Sneezing, coughing, constantly blowing my nose..... yeah - the good ol' cra. aappy sinus head cold. :s

Any way..... I hope y'all are still having fun with YOUR challenges! Take care`
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited February 2016
    SB1aH001_zpskwyf63of.jpg
    SB2aH001_zpsfkagi01l.jpg
    SB3aH001_zps7iy9xequ.jpg
    SBH002_zps86jp0cfq.jpg
    *House 001 is available on my gallery named Agave Abode. You can also find Ashley there as a Young Adult.

*Continued in the House 002 section Ashley at House 002B)
    Post edited by Plaizealot on
    edited February 2016
    Post moved to House 002 section...
    Ashley at House 002
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone!

I have put this challenge to bed for a while. Even though I am *on* house 5, it's getting too boring, and I have a feeling that I wouldn't have passed that one. So.... I moved those save files to a special little corner, and I'm going to try a different way of gameplay. I'll be back, I just don't know when. Besides, lately I really haven't been in the mood *to* actually play. Could it be weather-related? Probably. I do know that because of the weather, I haven't felt good. Sneezing, coughing, constantly blowing my nose..... yeah - the good ol' cra. aappy sinus head cold. :s

Any way..... I hope y'all are still having fun with YOUR challenges! Take care`

Hope you feel better, soon!
    @Fennadev I LOVE that u love doing House 001 & 002! I always enjoy seeing your creations...so build on!! :smiley: I would love 2 c a blog of your journeys..so if u DO make 1..b sure & leave a link...I bet I'm not the only 1 who would b interested in following along w/your story.

@MsPrissy88 I'm sry you've lost the "Drifting bug" I hope a break is all that u need. It's funny how weather etc. really can affect your mood. I hope that u feel right as rain soon :wink: *hugs times a million*

@Plaizealot Awe I love all the pics...the birthday dancing etc. is so cute! I can't believe u have soooo much money put into the house & as cash on hand!! Wooo grapes & Dragon Fruit! :wink: GRATZ on completion of House 001 of The Drifter Challenge!!!
    House 002...Stetson looks GREAT after his makeover!! :smile: & look @ Ethan!! <3 Seriously..the house looks great so far & you're making wonderful progress through the aspiration etc. Nice work!!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    @Vihisha
    I just made my blog and posted the very first day of the drifter challenge. I was so stupid not to picture their first kiss, but I guess I will do a regular kiss for the blog first kiss ;)

https://megansparrow6.wordpress.com/

@MsPrissy88 Aw, I hope you feel better soon and happy simming with other challenges/legacies!
    @Fennadev - Good job on your blog! :)
  • OncerFan4LifeOncerFan4Life Posts: 125 Member
    Is there away to remove all the plots without having to go through each one and remove them? I thought about doing willow creek.
    edited February 2016
    @OncerFan4Life - Not that I'm aware of... I had to do the same (one by one) since the map that @lessthanzero1013 offers for the Drifter Challenge was made with expansion packs installed and is not compatible for "Base Game" players. What you might want to do once you've painstakingly removed all the lots is to make a seperate game save and call it something like Empty Willow, if you're only clearing Willow Springs. Just a thought. :)
    Duh, correction - Willow Creek. There's actually a neighborhood near me irl called Willow Springs - LOL
    @Fennadev I added your blog 2 the list on House 001 thread :smiley:

@OncerFan4Life It's as @Plaizealot said. Unfortunately clearing out the worlds can take some time, but if u make sure 2 save it a couple times...you'll not have 2 clear it all out again :smiley:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Posted this in the House 12 thread, but i thought some of you who are familiar with my families' history with bears might enjoy this:

Daniel was busy gathering for some more dough when he got a text from his brother. BEAR NIGHT AT THE BAR!!! Of course he had to go! Now, if you know my history with bears, you can probably already guess how this went...
    yT1BUI7.jpg

KynqQaY.jpg
    Fun fact: When you fight a bear, the command is 'wrestle' instead of 'fight'. Unfortunately, Daniel lost :s
    @MocaJava it's a pity he lost..but the bears had it coming LOL >:)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Vihisha wrote: »
    @MocaJava it's a pity he lost..but the bears had it coming LOL >:)

Hey, he won the second fight! :D
  • SimmerPTSimmerPT Posts: 128 Member
    A House for Zuri in this new chapter

The McKenna Legacy: A Drifter Story | 001.5 Building up
    cpbbxqP.png
    Origin ID:badana90
    Blog:simmerptstories.wordpress.com/
    Youtube Channel:Simmer Pt
    Let's Play:The Drifter Challenge House 003
    MocaJava wrote: »
    Hey, he won the second fight! :D
    WOOT!! >:)>:)

@SimmerPT Zuri's making some good progress..can't wait 2 c what happens next!

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    edited February 2016
    Going through page by page, thourughly enjoying myself! One more for V's fanclub thats for sure! But I feel I do neither have the time nor patience to wait til page 60+ to see if my questions have been answered. So sorry for double posting.

1) You have to have 1000$ to travel outside your comfortzone etc to Granite Falls for example. But do I have to PAY 1000$ each time?
    2) Cleptomaniac trait - is that allowed?
    3) OK, the value of the house/lot - is that the number I see under the information button in build mode? Or where do I find it?
    3) There is one more question, but it is a bit spoily so I post that in the House 002 section!
    AMB.jpg
    @Bloudwed Glad 2 hear you're having fun sifting through pages & pages of fun LOL...dont' worry about "double posting" I'm ALWAYS happy 2 answer any questions u may have! I have a fan club?!?! :smiley:
    Anyways...the answers 2 your questions:
    1. Anytime a loading screen happens..u need 2 have @ least $1k cash on hand..u do NOT need 2 actually "pay" this amount u just have 2 have it as cash on hand
    2. U may select the Kleptomaniac trait...it's NOT off limits
    3. In Build Mode there is a house/i icon....top left of that window says "lot value" that's where that info can b found (pretty sure that's where u were saying..but I just wanted 2 make sure)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    Vihisha wrote: »
    @Bloudwed Glad 2 hear you're having fun sifting through pages & pages of fun LOL...dont' worry about "double posting" I'm ALWAYS happy 2 answer any questions u may have! I have a fan club?!?! :smiley:
    Anyways...the answers 2 your questions:
    1. Anytime a loading screen happens..u need 2 have @ least $1k cash on hand..u do NOT need 2 actually "pay" this amount u just have 2 have it as cash on hand
    2. U may select the Kleptomaniac trait...it's NOT off limits
    3. In Build Mode there is a house/i icon....top left of that window says "lot value" that's where that info can b found (pretty sure that's where u were saying..but I just wanted 2 make sure)

Thank you for putting my mind at ease! I have the best plan ever for my house 001 (to be played house 002)! Too bad s/he had yet to be born.....
    AMB.jpg
  • NakendraNakendra Posts: 179 Member
    It's been like forever and a day since I've last posted a picture on here. And I wanted to add the few pictures I do have, which are the before and after pics of house 001 and 002, but I can't remember how to do it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top