Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I WANT SIMS 2!

so i use to be obsessed with sims 2 and i no longer have it, but i cant find it anywhere. i have also heard that it does not work with windows 8.1. does anybody know where i can get it and if there is a way to make it work on 8.1?
Check out my new video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhVXyGGUxXc @Unusefulrandom sub if you like it

Comments

• Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
    Contact EA and you might be able to get the entire Sims 2 collection for free!
  • taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    It works fine on my computer, just upgraded to windows 10. I play Sims 1 and 2.
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited February 2016
    I got Sims 2 Ultimate Collection for free after providing them with a code of my base game and a couple pictures. Try amazon or ebay for getting the base? It's rather spendy on amazon, though. I have windows 8.1 and UC works perfectly but I did need a few fixes for graphical things. I needed this mod and I used these tips (I only needed the last tip, but it could be different for you) but if you encounter any errors in your game there's still people that play TS2 that would be more than happy to help you. Best of luck with getting Sims 2!

ETA: If you do get the base and then decide to go for UC you may encounter a rep. that says UC is no longer available, but this is not correct. If this happens you just have to try again.
    Post edited by Breazona on
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • VirtualPersonalityVirtualPersonality Posts: 43 Member

i tried hey would only give it to me if i had a valid code for a sims 2 game, and i dont cuz i dont have it anymore :(
    Check out my new video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhVXyGGUxXc @Unusefulrandom sub if you like it
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I hope you are able to get it!

I second trying to just get the basegame on amazon or ebay, and maybe EA will give you the UC then.

Sims 2 will work on windows 8 and windows 10, you just have to tweak it a bit. I downloaded a program called graphics rule maker that @Rflong7 suggested to me and mine works fine on Windows 10. However I still have all of my original discs since I've been continuously playing for the last 12 years. Never stopped. So I don't need the UC.
  • Landscapes101Landscapes101 Posts: 91 Member
    It does work with Windows 8.1 but you need to download an Ultimate Edition
    @Landscapes101 you don't NEED the UC, I installed all of the eps and sps separately on my windows 10 laptop when my dino-pc died a few weeks ago and everything works fine.
    The only reason for the OP to get the UC is it is probably pretty hard to find all of the eps and sps in 2016. But if one did have all of them separately they do work.

i tried hey would only give it to me if i had a valid code for a sims 2 game, and i dont cuz i dont have it anymore :(

If they refuse to give it to you, just keep trying, someone might cave. I heard that some people had to go through 6 or 7 people before getting the UC.
  • VirtualPersonalityVirtualPersonality Posts: 43 Member
    edited January 2016
    I GOT IT! i went on once again after doing it before i made this post and simply said i was trying to find sims 2 and they asked my security question and all that and just gave it to me!!
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I tried to get UC and had to give the code from my base game to get it and I've got it installed on my computer now.I've had to add a few Mods to fix some of the old issues I always had with the game.I've got some of the under control now.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    I GOT IT! i went on once again after doing it before i made this post and simply said i was trying to find sims 2 and they asked my security question and all that and just gave it to me!!

YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! Sims 2 for everyone! :D
  • residentevilobresidentevilob Posts: 141 Member
    For future reference Windows 8/8.1 supports ts2, expansions and the stories spinoffs. They were fixed in a Microsoft windows update from 2012ish that fixed a whole bunch of broken software.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    It works amazingly well in Windows 10 with a little graphics tinkering in the files you can make it look pretty 🐸🐸🐸🐸 good for a game with a certain age. You can always also get CC and make sims look stunning and mods to help with the lighting though I actually like the original look. :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Awesome!
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    I have the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Origin and I literally have no idea where it came from, lol. It just showed up on my launcher one day. I had all the EPs at one point but most of those discs were lost over time. Haven't installed it yet but I think I might sometime, just to reminisce.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • JordutchJordutch Posts: 98 Member
    I had installed The Sims 2 on Windows 10 and it runs well :smile:
    And The sims 2 was once on Origin for free.
    I couldn't imagine not having discs. My shelf in my office with all of the ts1, ts2, and ts3 games is my pride and joy. I'd say ts4 too but I only have the base game and gtw so those haven't made it on the shelf yet.
  • hellojewbyhellojewby Posts: 1,316 Member
    I have the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Origin and I literally have no idea where it came from, lol. It just showed up on my launcher one day. I had all the EPs at one point but most of those discs were lost over time. Haven't installed it yet but I think I might sometime, just to reminisce.

I did that.. Fast forward two weeks later. Still "reminiscing", 100% completely obsessed again. I've since build 3 neighborhoods. lol Love it!
    let's be friends on origin: hello0jewby
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • EvermoreRocksEvermoreRocks Posts: 83 Member
    luckly i've had mine for years but yeh sims 2 is the best game when ya have the right CC.
  • I started trying my hand at making my own cc, just recolours but you know!