Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are we sure Sims 4 is the first game with complex emotions?

Comments

• Options
    CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    @jackjack_k
    I'm sorry I couldn't finish reading whay you wrote because it was so riddled with falsehoods. Most of what you said matched sims 4 exactly, it's fine if you like the game but please what you wrote are all lies.

I'm not going to reply to you any further because it's painful to read the essays of lies.

Have a lovely day ^^

yaaaaas hunny drag ha!
    hot-okk.gif

Anyway, the emotions aren't even that complex if your sims needed the Jealousy trait to feel jealous lmao what a joke. Jealousy isn't even a real trait
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @06Bon06 wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @06Bon06 wrote: »
    @jackjack_k
    I'm sorry I couldn't finish reading whay you wrote because it was so riddled with falsehoods. Most of what you said matched sims 4 exactly, it's fine if you like the game but please what you wrote are all lies.

I'm not going to reply to you any further because it's painful to read the essays of lies.

Have a lovely day ^^

You only say this because you can't prove what I said were lies. I brought evidence. I showed you pictures.

I obviously have laid it all out to the point you wouldn't be able to fault otherwise.

No I got bored with the bad point you made after the first two sentences and stopped reading the essay of why you always sound like an EA employee.

Lol nope you just know I'm right. You can't even let me know what those lies are.
  • Options
    @jackjack_k

Have a lovely day ^^

yaaaaas hunny drag ha!
    hot-okk.gif

Anyway, the emotions aren't even that complex if your sims needed the Jealousy trait to feel jealous lmao what a joke. Jealousy isn't even a real trait

If you know anything about dragging or reading, you have to bring the receipts. Dragging when you have nothing to rebut, is losing.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I don't know. I distinctly remember the Guru's showing a video for Sims 4 about the pool and using it to drown the children. The parents didn't seem to care that the kids were dead. It was like it never happened. I also remember a mom sitting on the couch well her kid was doing a fire dance of death in front of her. She just sat there and smiled. Doesn't seem like they have a clue. I doubt you can blame it on bad parenting.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited January 2016
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    I don't know. I distinctly remember the Guru's showing a video for Sims 4 about the pool and using it to drown the children. The parents didn't seem to care that the kids were dead. It was like it never happened. I also remember a mom sitting on the couch well her kid was doing a fire dance of death in front of her. She just sat there and smiled. Doesn't seem like they have a clue. I doubt you can blame it on bad parenting.
    Yeah exactly. Why I can't take the Sims 4 "emotions" seriously. It is like Sims are being put through an April's Fool joke. If the Sims 4 had even an ounce of the emotions forums have, it would be a blessing.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    @jackjack_k

Have a lovely day ^^

yaaaaas hunny drag ha!
    hot-okk.gif

If you know anything about dragging or reading, you have to bring the receipts. Dragging when you have nothing to rebut, is losing.

LOL this user pretty said everything you are. Don't need receipts to drag smh. If you know anything about "dragging" this person did it well
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    CandyCadet wrote: »
    @jackjack_k

Have a lovely day ^^

yaaaaas hunny drag ha!
    hot-okk.gif

I think it would be better if the developers made Jealously an emotion and made Envious a trait.
    Jealously is what you feel when your worry someone will take what you have.
    Envy is when you want something that someone elses have.
    Envy is better suited to be a trait, and jealously is better suited to be an emotion.
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    Well I have to strongly disagree with Sims 3 not having emotions whether or not anyone believes it I know my Sim was upset/depressed when his girlfriend cheated on him it was written all over his face as plain as day. He didn't go right back to be friendly with her either he stayed mad, enemies sims hated eachother, child sims would get upset when their parent cheated on the mother. The emotions were there and no one will convince me otherwise.

• Options

That is 100% true, they however have fixed this in patches. Sims are have an awareness of the whole lot, not just the room they are in.
    So when a fire breaks out, Sims are now able to react across the whole lot, when they used to only do that if they were in the room. Family members who die, now have the Grim Reaper queued in their actions, and if you let them die they will mourn the grave.

The only downside, if your Sim wasn't on the lot when the death happens (they were at work) they will come home feeling happy. However, if you don't give them something to do, the first thing they will do is mourn the grave if you don't delete it.
  • Options
    I think it would be better if the developers made Jealously an emotion and made Envious a trait.
    Envy is better suited to be a trait, and jealously is better suited to be an emotion.
    I would love that. <3 Great suggestion.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    @jackjack_k

Have a lovely day ^^

yaaaaas hunny drag ha!
    hot-okk.gif

LOL this user pretty said everything you are. Don't need receipts to drag smh. If you know anything about "dragging" this person did it well

What am I? Someone who lays it down with evidence so people with conflicting ideas cannot prove me wrong? That's what a queen is supposed to do. Because they are a queen. Duh.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Well I have to strongly disagree with Sims 3 not having emotions whether or not anyone believes it I know my Sim was upset/depressed when his girlfriend cheated on him it was written all over his face as plain as day. He didn't go right back to be friendly with her either he stayed mad, enemies sims hated eachother, child sims would get upset when their parent cheated on the mother. The emotions were there and no one will convince me otherwise.

They were depressed based on the moodlet, that is correct. But because of the mood system in the Sims 3, Sims could react and feel the same way just because there was trash in the room. It puts Sims in a miserable mood. But there's no distinct Sad/Unhappy. Your Sim just goes into a red mood no matter if they have just seen their child die, or there's a broken appliance causing a mess in the room. They are both negative moodlets that cause the same response.

• Options
    CandyCadet wrote: »
    @jackjack_k

Have a lovely day ^^

yaaaaas hunny drag ha!
    hot-okk.gif

Envy or Envious would be a much better trait and Jealousy would be a much better emotion. I agree.
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member

They were depressed based on the moodlet, that is correct. But because of the mood system in the Sims 3, Sims could react and feel the same way just because there was trash in the room. It puts Sims in a miserable mood. But there's no distinct Sad/Unhappy. Your Sim just goes into a red mood no matter what.

Yeah I have to disagree with that when there was trash they took it out they didn't have a big pouty face about it, they got rid of it.
    And Sims in 4 where all over the place they wouldn't relax and take care of their needs they just talked to death until all their needs were down I don't call that have smarter emotions/reactions.
  • Options
    @jackjack_k

Have a lovely day ^^

As you seem like you have little experience with 4 as it is, let me advise you that Sims do get jealous if they see someone cheating etc.

The jealous trait is more like overprotective of someone. Eg. you see your hubby talking to another girl and you get jealous. Your husband left somewhere without you and you anxious he's cheating.

The trait should really be called Envious, or Insecure.
  • Options
    @jackjack_k

Have a lovely day ^^

yaaaaas hunny drag ha!
    hot-okk.gif

What am I? Someone who lays it down with evidence so people with conflicting ideas cannot prove me wrong? That's what a queen is supposed to do. Because they are a queen. Duh.

Dragging isn't only for the queens lmao you need to stop trying. You're so high up you don't even see it
  • Options
    How do you explain all of the cheating in sims 4 then? The sims in sims 4 are pretty loose. They will hook up with just about anyone with little or no consequence. I don't remember that in previous games.
  • Options

They were depressed based on the moodlet, that is correct. But because of the mood system in the Sims 3, Sims could react and feel the same way just because there was trash in the room. It puts Sims in a miserable mood. But there's no distinct Sad/Unhappy. Your Sim just goes into a red mood no matter what.

Yeah I have to disagree with that when there was trash they took it out they didn't have a big pouty face about it, they got rid of it.
    And Sims in 4 where all over the place they wouldn't relax and take care of their needs they just talked to death until all their needs were down I don't call that have smarter emotions/reactions.

I can find a screenshot showing what I mean.

And Sims do look after their needs in 4, and many have complained the Sims 4 Sims are always in good moods if you leave them be because they take care of their needs.
  • Options
    @jackjack_k

Have a lovely day ^^

As you seem like you have little experience with 4 as it is, let me advise you that Sims do get jealous if they see someone cheating etc.

The jealous trait is more like overprotective of someone. Eg. you see your hubby talking to another girl and you get jealous. Your husband left somewhere without you and you anxious he's cheating.

The trait should really be called Envious, or Insecure.

LOL not without a Jealousy trait. The devs had to patch it in because it is so faulty or they'll never work without it. What reason for this trait to be in the game after all?
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member

They were depressed based on the moodlet, that is correct. But because of the mood system in the Sims 3, Sims could react and feel the same way just because there was trash in the room. It puts Sims in a miserable mood. But there's no distinct Sad/Unhappy. Your Sim just goes into a red mood no matter if they have just seen their child die, or there's a broken appliance causing a mess in the room. They are both negative moodlets that cause the same response.

Oh come on! Have you ever played sims 3? Their behaviour completely changes when someone dies or when theu are cheated on. They act sad and depressed, they won't even be romantic with another sim.

While when there is trash they continue their daily lives, they give a smirk when they have nothing to do and will complain but it doesn't prevent them from doing activities or effect the way they behave. They might even tell another sim to clean up the mess.

Once again you are talking about sims 4 "oh my partner just woohooed in front of me... well I guess I should cry/be angry for 5 sec before the mpddlet is burried under nice decor and I have a friendly conversation with that partner and hug them... withing in minites we can woohoo too!yay!" Or the enemies that are always chatting away as friends.

I remember my sims in sims 4 reacting to death " oh he is dead... well that's a bummer. .. welp time to continue work and forget his existence except for random mourning but I shall remain happy!"
  • Options
    How do you explain all of the cheating in sims 4 then? The sims in sims 4 are pretty loose. They will hook up with just about anyone with little or no consequence. I don't remember that in previous games.

They used to until they patched in more reactions to cheating. Sims that cheat will get in very sad mood, and will be emotionally upset for days and days.

There is an issue though were Sims will have random romantic relationships if you play another household, and come back. That's 100% an issue.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Somehow, I doubt that.
  • Options
    @jackjack_k

Have a lovely day ^^

yaaaaas hunny drag ha!
    hot-okk.gif

Dragging isn't only for the queens lmao you need to stop trying. You're so high up you don't even see it

That's where the term comes from. Just another dude using drag culture and doesn't even know about it. Go watch Paris is Burning or something.
    The idea of dragging comes from Drag Queens, and sure not only queens have to use it, but the principles of what dragging is still remain.

Saying that "ugh everything you said is false and i have nothing more to say to you" isn't dragging. Dragging is where you lay down the facts until the other person doesn't have a comeback.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Yeah pretty much the Sims 4 has like a watered down version of the Sims 3 moodlet and trait system. I do agree I felt like I could relate to how the Sims reacted and felt in the Sims 3. But yeah sorry I do admit I liked the Sims 2 emotions the best. I'm totally ok with you liking the Sims 3 since I did have a lot of heart warming and scary moments in that game too. I think lack of reactions and negative boosts really limits the potential of "emotions" the Sims 4 could really have. Plus I badly miss the aspiration failures which was mentioned by SimGuruDaniel.

It is like I want Sims to care about each other and in the Sims 4 they don't. They almost have more expressions towards their gadgets than to their fellow family members and friends, so it makes me sad. It is like the Sims have turned into selfish robotic beings with this iteration and I don't like it. They don't really care about anything.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Oh come on! Have you ever played sims 3? Their behaviour completely changes when someone dies or when theu are cheated on. They act sad and depressed, they won't even be romantic with another sim.

While when there is trash they continue their daily lives, they give a smirk when they have nothing to do and will complain but it doesn't prevent them from doing activities or effect the way they behave. They might even tell another sim to clean up the mess.

Once again you are talking about sims 4 "oh my partner just woohooed in front of me... well I guess I should cry/be angry for 5 sec before the mpddlet is burried under nice decor and I have a friendly conversation with that partner and hug them... withing in minites we can woohoo too!yay!" Or the enemies that are always chatting away as friends.

I remember my sims in sims 4 reacting to death " oh he is dead... well that's a bummer. .. welp time to continue work and forget his existence except for random mourning but I shall remain happy!"

I already showed you a picture where Sad moodlets override everything else, including decorated moodlets.

4hw7t0.jpg

See? Yet in Sims 3, a funny conversation will be enough to get your Sim out of depression and into a slightly unhappy mood.

28-05-09%2011%3B48%3B46001.jpg

A few more and that Sim would have been back to normal. Yet in The Sims 4 nothing will get your Sim out of the bad mood until the issue is fixed.

As you can see in that image, the sadness about her cheating husband is still increasing just because he is in the same room. She won't forget until he's gone and they have had a break. It will just stay there otherwise.