Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

StSciurus's Showcase • Update 4/9/19 The Claverhouse

StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
edited April 2019 in The Sims 4 Lots
Now that I have been building for a while in TS4, I've decided to start a showcase thread in the hopes of gaining a little exposure for some of my gallery uploads. The building community is wonderfully supportive, and if you've dropped by, thank you for checking me out. Your input is always welcome. I like compliments, but I also greatly appreciate helpful suggestions to improve my builds.

As I post from time to time, I hope to analyze both what went right about a build and what perhaps didn't work. I've used the phrase "Building A Better Tomorrow" as part of my siggie, because I hope to be a better builder tomorrow than I am today! ;)

I'll start in the next post with one of my earliest uploads to the gallery, a house with the unfortunate name

The Meadows
Post edited by StSciurus on

Comments

• StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    edited January 2016
    I call the name, The Meadows, unfortunate because it was the name the game gives to the lot I chose to build on. This was before I figured out how to change the name! It was also unfortunate because I built the house facing the long side of the 30 x 40 lot, but the game thought that the 30 side was the front of the house. So the picture in the gallery shows the side of the house—not the most appealing view. (How I miss TS3 where you could change the images in the gallery!) Needless to say, it got very few downloads (only 3). Of course that could be because it wasn’t a very appealing house to begin with, or that there are thousands of uploads on the gallery and the chance that anyone will see your contributions is fairly minuscule. But I think the name and the gallery image might have had something to do with it.

I tend to build modern houses rather than traditional ones. This was one of my first traditional houses to be uploaded to the gallery, and I was rather proud of it. I look at the kitchen now and think how much more I know about making kitchens after seeing the spectacular ones that other people have made. But without further ado, here are some pics of the house. [To avoid picture spam, I’ll never post more than 5 images at a time.]

Meadows1.png

Meadows2.png

Meadows3.png

Meadows4.png

Meadows5.png

At least I can say, the Sims living in the house now seem to be happy!
    Post edited by StSciurus on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    It is very nice that you have started a showcase thread for your builds :) I will post a link to your thread on the showcase links thread.
    The Meadows is a very nice home! :) The exterior design of the home is very nice! The open shutter windows look nice in the build, and the water fountain feature in the front entrance area is pretty for sims to see when coming to enter the home. The colour of the exterior looks very nice. Very nice wraparound porch. The plants look nice placed on the edges of the porch. Very nice backyard pool patio . Sims will have fun swimming in the pool. The outdoors dining patio is very nice! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating the food at the umbrella covered table in the sunshine, Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the home! The double arches entrance to the dining room looks very nice and the flowers on the pedestal are nice for to see when coming to eat their meals in the dining room. The dining room wall pattern is nice. The design of the kitchen is very nice. The island bar stool counter is great! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools eating a meal with sunshine coming in through the kitchen windows. The hanging pots is a nice kitchen touch in the room. Very nice music room! Sims will enjoy sitting resting in the sofa seat window alcove , listening to the piano music being played or enjoying reading a book from the bookcase. It is nice that there is a basement party room in the home.
    The home is very nice! :)
    Thank you for your lovely comments, @rosemow ! Your kindness is so much appreciated!
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Great showcase thread @StSciurus ! Looking forward to your other builds.
    Thanks for visiting my showcase thread @pronterus ! I very much enjoy checking out your showcase, too.
  • LionessInMNLionessInMN Posts: 478 Member
    Oh I like the house you posted! I love the exterior colors :). The picture that shows the vase and the view into the dining room with the curtains is completely fantastic. I love how the colors and shapes complement each other!
    Coming from you, @LionessInMN , that is quite a compliment! Thank you for stopping by my thread. I am a regular visitor to yours!
  • NellythekiddNellythekidd Posts: 251 Member
    Thank you for sharing your creations in this showcase thread! That picture thing has happened to me, too, I wish that the pictures could be changed. I checked it in your gallery, the picture doesn't do it justice at all. I love the design of the exterior, and how warm and inviting the kitchen looks like.

In your gallery I especially liked Tremorden castle, Modern Loft Townhouse and Penthouse apartment (I love townhouses, rowhouses, apartments and duplexes!) Looking forward to more of your builds :)
    Origin ID / Gallery: nellythekidd
    Thanks for checking out my gallery and thread, @Nellythekidd ! I will watch for your creations, too. :)
    So my two most popular builds to date (and popular is a relative term ;) ) have both been libraries. I'm not sure why. Maybe Simmers don't like building libraries. Anyway, the most downloaded one (only 67, but hey, I'll take it) is Maynard G. Krebs Memorial Learning Center.

Here is how I described it: "Do you need something for that awkward 40 x 20 lot in Newcrest? How about a library? The Maynard G. Krebs Memorial Learning Center (Library), besides having the usual bookshelves and computers, also has a snack area and observatory on the roof. It's also the perfect destination wedding venue for your book loving Sims with a patio in back with wedding arch, catering kitchen, bar, piano and seating accommodations."

At the time, I didn't realize that if two Sims are getting married and want to have the wedding outside their house, a library will not come up as a choice for where to get married. I haven't tried it, but I wonder whether if the Sims are already on the lot, they can get married by clicking on the wedding arch.

Front Exterior
    SDHn2Mm.png

Back showing wedding patio
    vnImx7L.png

Layout of ground floor
    ytWMiqU.png

Layout of second floor
    Zghs20L.png

Interior pic of second floor
    MB39Io3.png
    Your library build is very nice! :) The exterior design, shape and the layout of the build looks so very nice! It is great that there is an observatory on the rooftop patio. It looks nice how there is an upper bridgeway from one section of the building to the other, with water below. The type and placement of the windows in the build looks very nice! Very nice double steps front porchway entrance to the library. The wedding patio is very nice! Sims will enjoy having an outdoors wedding there. It looks very nice how the seats are set up there for the guests to enjoy sitting there watching the wedding ceremony. They will enjoy listening to the piano being played whilst getting married, or when sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar.The sunken outdoors seat benches sittng area is very nice! The water feature is nice for sims to see when sitting there. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the library! The angular shape of the rooms looks very nice! The bookcases look nice how they are placed in the build. Sims will enjoy resting on the sofas reading books from the bookcases or enjoy sitting at the desk tables using the computers. They will have fun playing chess at the chess tables.
    Sims will enjoy visiting your library :)
    Again, thank you @rosemow for taking the time to visit my showcase! :)
    I love how the observatory is placed on the roof and the shape of the building. The build reminds me of the library of a new university, where some scientific research takes place and students prepare for exams. It is very modern with a nice layout and fresh colors. Thanks for sharing! :)
    Great library @StSciurus ! The layout of the ground floor is really unique :)
    :) Thanks much, @Nellythekidd ! The library does look like a university building—maybe the Science Library.

Thanks for stopping by, @pronterus ! The layout of the ground floor is a little unusual. It probably wouldn't really work in real life, but it does work in the game.
    I've just finish play testing my Sciurian Ultra Modern and uploading it to the gallery. Here is how I described it:

"Sciurian Ultra Modern is the perfect house for your ultra modern Sims! Besides the 3 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms in the main house, there is an detached building in the back with fitness area, art studio, guest bedroom and bathroom. The main house also has a home theater, office and game room. The highest level boasts a suspended glass pool and a hot tub. The outdoors area includes a diving pool and cactus garden."

And here are a few images (6 this time!):

Exterior front:
    nQTelyt.png

Exterior side:
    t0iEa9L.png

Suspended glass pool:
    dICG1zb.png

Living Room:
    vt2vPhe.png

Dining Room:
    AtXJg9H.png

Office:
    L5rDoYk.png
    edited February 2016
    Sciuruan Ultra Modern is very nice! @StSciurus :) I will post here what I wrote on the WIP thread.
    Very nice design and layout of the exterior of the home! The windows look very nice how they are used in the build. The furnishing of the interior looks very nice! Very nice design of the sunken living room! Nice bar area there for sims to enjoy sitting on the stool having a drink from the bar and enjoying the sunshine coming in through the windows. They will enjoy listening to the piano being played or music from the gramophone whilst sitting resting on the sofa reading a book from the bookshelf. Very nice dining room alcove! The teapots, plant, salt/pepper shaker and statue are nice touches on the side table. The fruit picture looks great on the wall! The master bedroom is very nice! Nice fireplace sitting area. The wall decor is a nice touch on the bedhead wall.Very nice office! The blinds look nice on the windows and the plants/flowers are nice touches in the corner nook. Very nice armchairs fireplace sitting nook for sims to chat in front of the fire. The train looks great on the fireplace ledge! Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer. The suspended pool patio is very nice! It is a great feature of the home! Sims will enjoy playing chess at the table there, or enjoy quietly meditating on the stool in the sunshine. Very nice armchairs and sofa seat sitting nook on the patio. The greenery covered trellis outdoors dining pergola is very nice! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ there and eating the food in the outdoors air at the table. Nice hot tub patio for sims to enjoy relaxing in the tub. Very nice pool patio where sims can have fun diving into and swimming in the pool . The plants look nice placed on the edges of the patio and are nice touches of green there. The outdoors areas of your build look very nice! Very nice outdoors sitting nook! The water fountain sculpture and the cactus rock garden looks very nice! Nice gardening area for sims to enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the gardening boxes. The tall trees look very nice on the edge of the lot. The bonsai tree and the round dome water feature near the front door are very nice for Sims to see when coming to enter the home. The hedge fencing looks very nice how you have placed it in the build. The bamboo trees on the corner of the build look restful.
    The home is very nice! :)
    Thank you, @rosemow , for taking the time to repost your lovely comments! :)
    Awesome build @StSciurus ! I especially like your shot of the living room. The suspended pool is a unique idea too!
    Thanks, @pronterus ! Watching Sims swim in the suspended pool through the glass is kind of fun.

And now from the sublime to the ridiculous (somewhat ;) ) here is a starter house I finished today. I started with a photograph and floor plan from tinyhouse.com and did my best to replicate while staying under §18,500 so that with the lot, it would be under 20K. The interior design is serviceable, but I think the exterior architecture is a little more interesting than the typical box.

SCIURIAN UNDER 20K

Exterior front
    SU20K1.png

Kitchen
    SU20K2.png

Dining nook
    SU20K3.png

Living room
    SU20K4.png

Main bedroom
    SU20K5.png
    SU20K6.png

2nd bedroom
    SU20K7.png
    Sciurisn under 20K is a very nice starter home! :) The exterior design is very nice! The type and placement of the windows look very nice in the build. Very nice layout of the interior of the home. The wall tiling in the kitchen looks nice. Very nice dining nook. The wall pictures/calendar look homely. Nice study desk nook in the living room for sims to enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer. The loft bed areas are very nice. The floor rugs are nice touches under the beds. The home is very nice! :)
    Thank you, @rosemow ! I hope you're right that Sims starting out will enjoy this house. :)
    Hi StSciurus, your two new builds are both wonderful! The Sciurian UM looks like house of a superstar, it's a great design. All the details, they are just right! I wonder what it would be like to live in a house like that... My sims will find out! The poor things are still living on a 15x20 lot in a house I originally built for a single sim and that had to be expanded in weird ways. :smiley:

My starter homes end up looking very much the same every time, I really like the modern look and how it has separate livingroom, kitchen, two bedrooms and a balcony! I mean seriously: it's a house under 18,500, how can it have all those things? The floorplan is very efficient. Great builds I really like your build style and attention to detail! :)
    Thank you, @Nellythekidd ! It is fun to build houses that we probably will never be able to afford to live in. :) It's also fun to look at real house floor plans and try to duplicate them, as I did in my starter. In the real house, where the living room is, there is actually supposed to be a garage! Since we don't have cars active in the game yet, it was a perfect opportunity to move the living room from upstairs to the garage space and create two bedrooms upstairs instead of one!
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    I'm very glad that I'm finally here on your thread! :smiley: Very nice builds in here! :)

It is great that you finished Sciurus Ultra Modern, it's a fantastic home! :smiley:
    I already commented about some of the details from my WIP thread, and now onto the rest. Each of the rooms are looking very sleek! I particularly like the study are with a fireplace, very neat train decors above! The rest of them are very nice!
    I love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:

I see that you had your starter too! Sciurus Under 20K is an amazing modern starter! :smiley:
    Your architecture is very nice! Love how you think outside the box! Very nice modern looking too! Your interior is very sleek! Very wonderful color choices and it's awesome that you have two bedrooms in an under 20k starter.
    I love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16