Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge Main Page

Comments

• Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    Found this on Sims VIP

quote:

From a new save file, your game will have a default list of Clubs for your Sims to join. If the amount of clubs in the world drops below ten, the game will generate and populate new ones from a list of pre-built templates with available unplayed Sims that match the criteria. Below is a complete list of Pre-made Club Templates.

so, I guess, maybe they the originals can regenerate? I guess they are from a "template"??

Here's a link if you wanna loooooooong read lol

http://simsvip.com/sims-4-get-together-guide/

Then why are your clubs dying off? Or is it just that the one guy in the club is dying causing you to not be able to save? Maybe he is a bugged Sim? If so, I wonder if deleting him from the beginning would be a good solution to avoiding this bug? What was his name and what club is he in?
  • PlaizealotPlaizealot Posts: 176 Member
    Yay! I'm finally able to post! whoo-hoo! I had to put my drifter challenge on hold to earn the points here in the forums so I could post. It only took about 20 or 25 hours of commenting and liking and awesoming. Needless to say, I've been all over the forum. Fortunately for all other new members joining 2 seconds(literally) after I became eligible to post, are now able to post without all the hoops(restrictions have been lifted). I think now, I'm gonna go to sleep. :(
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    HI @Glimmer50, my clubs are dying off cause I play with aging on, and I think what it means is that the club itself won't autogenerate new members, but the game will autogenerate new clubs when the game hits below 10, I think that's how it works, deleting him or that club I don't think will help, cause I think @tammyjo329 actually managed to fix the first instance, but then came across another glitch with 3 other clubs going through the same last member dying thing, so yeah deleting it's not a fix atm. It happened to me again, but I couldn't find the dying person/club, but I got out of game and it hasn't happened since, so I am figuring that sim has since died and the process (whatever it is) has worked properly, so something is happening with that process and there is another factor at play I suspect.

I am on hse 009 and my parents are elders, one step away from completing (no spoliers lol) but he is the leader of the Renegades atm, I did try and hand leadership over to someone else, but I didn't see an option, so I opted to disband group, the game didn't like that, and got the 533, so I'm gunna leave him be til he passes to the other side, just hope the game gives leadership to someone else ugh!

No probs @Vihisha, yeah lol, it's a long read and I haven't read it all myself yet, but I think by the time you write that challenge, we are all gunna be at different steps in our games, so .... don't stress yet lol EA JUST BETTER FIX IT before then :fearful:

Welcome and grats @Plaizealot lot ! Get some sleep cause once you start Drifting, it's like an addiction lol
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • SimmerPTSimmerPT Posts: 128 Member
    OH wow that is so good to know! yeah I hadn't seen the Adventurer Club around and never thought about it, lucky my game has been going ok, but it feels a bit like sims 3 where every time I save I am cringing lol, it's happened only once since, so I'm really not sure on what is going on, I can't remember whether that was the only club that was "invite only" I don't know, clutching at straws at this point, good to know about the clubs though, I don't supposed you would have a link @SimmerPT ? I'd love to have a read about that.

Sorry for the late post @Dglbr1969 I guess by now you already figured out what I was trying to say.
    As for the page I first saw it is this one here
    It talks mostly of the cheats you can use to create the hidden pre-made clubs.

I haven't encountered that error yet I think. As I said I had a similar thing happen to me in another save but I didn't get to check what made it happen because my game got stuck so I had to close the game.
    I will keep my eye open for that. Meanwhile I have to remember to save frequently If I ever do run in to that error.
    cpbbxqP.png
    Origin ID:badana90
    Blog:simmerptstories.wordpress.com/
    Youtube Channel:Simmer Pt
    Let's Play:The Drifter Challenge House 003
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    @Plaizealot Woot woot!! Welcome 2 the Forums...The Drifting thread(s)!! :smile:

@ Dglbr1939 That's super awesome!! House 010 is just around the corner 4 ya!!
    don't stress yet lol EA JUST BETTER FIX IT before then :fearful:
    They better fix it LOL in its current state it's gonna' bork a bunch of games :neutral:
    Welcome and grats @Plaizealot lot ! Get some sleep cause once you start Drifting, it's like an addiction lol
    True statement LOL
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    @Dglbr1969 said:

"Welcome and grats @Plaizealot lot ! Get some sleep cause once you start Drifting, it's like an addiction lol"

Considering that I received the "You've played for 24 hours" message on each of my 3 families (2 homeless challenges, and 1 drifter challenge) so far, I concur. I bought the game last week... 8D
    edited February 2016
    Big Fat Post Time!

I started the Drifter Challenge with my Sim Sarah. She has been hard at work collecting and fishing, but more importantly, gardening. I'm playing the challenge using the Base Game. As you can tell, she is available in the Gallery.
    Sarah_zpstlihdzhw.jpg
    I had her fall in love with Gavin Richards, since he's a writer and will bring home some bacon, and a pretty decent guy as well.
    Here's their first kiss:
    firstkiss_zpsinjvvdbb.jpg
    A few game days go by so that I can establish the beginnings of a house before they elope right there in the kitchen!
    marriedinthekitchen_zpsyiqtp1fy.jpg
    Time marches on, and I figured I needed some cash plants. Since the rules dictate that you cannot visit any other lots unless you have 1K funds and are invited to a party or whatnot, I realized I could not get my hands on Snapdragon to graft onto a strawberry plant for Dragonfruit. So I decided to buy a planter and order some fruit seeds and got some grapes growing. They seem to be doing really well and providing some good income. I recommend this gardening path to all Drifters for House 001. Oh yeah, you can see Sarah's been doing some painting too.
    12perfectgrapes_zpsbh2ickil.jpg
    Sarah and Gavin have a baby girl named Ashley! She becomes an A student at the local elementary school. Because Gavin is friends with J and Mitchell, Sarah befriends them both and asks them to move in. Thankfully, the grapes have brought in enough cash to dig a basement and add 2 more rooms and 2 more bathrooms for the guys. Here's a typical Saturday afternoon with J and Sarah dancing to the beats, Gavin with his head in the fridge, Ashley heading off to somewhere, and of course Mitchell is downstairs fast asleep! LOL
    youngfamandroomieH001_zpsivtnjtdx.jpg
    The house is taking shape, by this time and has a value of around 48K! You can see where Ashley has developed her motor skills on her monkey bars, and then there's the chess table for logic, and a swimming pool for fun and social. You can see the fire suppressor system there on the side of the house. It's a good thing I had that there when J moved in, because his very first time cooking in the Kitchen caused a fire!
    streetsideH001_zpsl0rhykym.jpg
    If you look closely, you can see a couple of elements at the corners of the house I slapped down for their "focusing aura".
    backyardH001_zpsyvdyrmdf.jpg
    Ashley becomes a teen! :)
    teenashley_zpsxxptdd5s.jpg
    So I get to working on her skills for House 002!
    I have her go fishing with me and help to tend garden too! I try to play chess with her as well, but there never seems to be enough time in the day. :(
    tendtogether_zpszcqjyuem.jpg
    I keep the fridge empty so that everybody will develop some cooking skills - especially Ashley! You can see I've just harvested my 12 grape vines and at this point. I'm sure they were all perfect since the income was around 15K per harvest. I still have my Whirlyflower frogs! And I'm busy fixing that darn sink again!
    emptyfridgeH001_zps4lzgxmxr.jpg
    Here's a shot of the basement where I set up another room for Ashley(pink bed) making the house a 5 bed, 4 bath with a gym to boot. There's J working out and Mitchell asleep, again!
    basement_zps27zrtl0f.jpg
    And just in time another NooBoo is on the way!
    gavinfeelsbabyH001_zpsrov72sy2.jpg
    Here's a shot of the house as it is now. You can see Ashley's old room still with the drawing table and toy box ready for NooBoo!
    groundfloorH001_zpsqcp1n1ed.jpg
    I'll upload the house to the Gallery when Ashley becomes a YA. It's value is now around 53K and I'll probably be adding a few more upgrades. Gotta make sure Sarah and Gavin have a nice place to retire.
    The story continues...
    Post edited by Plaizealot on
    Good Evening Drifters!
    New Chapter released on the blog!

The McKenna Legacy: A Drifter Story | 001.3 Celebrating
    cpbbxqP.png
    @Plaizealot Sarah is super cute! THX so much 4 sharing all the pics :smile: I really like how you're doing the house so far...& you're doing FABULOUS w/the house net worth & everything (I like how you're setting up 4 House 002) :smiley: Keep up the great work, Drifter!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Nice setup @Plaizealot ! and Ashley is a little cutie. It's so cool to see the kids use the equipment you put in, I love it when they do, but when they don't you cringe, and say to yourself, you wait til you get older!!! you'll wish you had lol My last house, the kid never did homework EVER, although she was a rambunctious scamp, so by the time she finished school, she was a class D student :confused:

Happy Drifting everyone :)
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    edited January 2016
    @Vihisha - thanks for the accolades! I've got some more updates coming in a little bit. I've done it in a storyboard fashion so it won't take up so much space on the page here. @Dglbr1969 - Ashley was a great kid. She was also a rambunctious scamp, and seemed to always do her homework in grade school. Now that she's a teen, it's a different story - she hasn't done any yet and is a C student. I'm playing more chess with her now hoping she'll smarten-up, but who knows. Yeah, you're right though, I put that drawing table and toy box in her room, but she never used either one.
    edited February 2016
    Hey Drifters!
    A lot happened in the Richards household since yesterday:
    Mitchell became an Elder, ___________ Sarah gave birth to NooBoo, ________ his name is Ethan - isn't he cute? _________ and J became an Elder
    SB1H001_zpsqs05lzki.jpg
    Ashley helps out with Ethan, ________ Mitchell helps out with Ethan, _______ Ashley forms good sibling bonds, ______ and Sarah became an Elder
    SB2H001_zpsjyhvcexl.jpg
    Gavin became an Elder, _________________________________________________ but that doesn't mean those two can't Whoo Hoo every now and then!
    SB3H001_zpslqxswfdv.jpg
    ______ J passed out in front of the fridge, __________________________________ Ethan aged up __________ and he and Sarah have a loving friendship
    SB4H001_zps9tw8nfaw.jpg
    Oh, and two last things:
    Household cash is in the neighborhood of 250,000 simoleons. Thank you, grapes! The house is now worth 93K after a kitchen remodel -->New fridge, Range and hood and an additional computer was added to Sarah and Gavin's room so that she can write some more books to help their income in their future "retired" years.
    93K_zpshp1pngo9.jpg
    Post edited by Plaizealot on
    @Plaizealot Fantastic!!! Lotsa aging (life) happening in your Drifter household!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Good on you @Plaizealot ! I love the way you did your pics too, nice and easy to look at :)

Just thought I would let everyone know that @tammyjo329 and everyone who may issues with save error 533, crinrict has posted that EA//Maxis know about the issue and are working on a fix. Apparently it has something to do with a corrupt sim getting detached from a household. MC controller or something (I don't use) has implemented a fix if you use, but I'll wait and hopefully we should have an update/fix soon!

Happy Drifting Everyone :)
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    I tried upgrading to windows 10. My laptop decided to throw windows 7 out and get stuck at the 97% point of the upgrade so I might have lost my whole challenge. But maybe origin saved it, I at least got the starter sim saved. But I might restart at point one if my saves where lost. ..

Point of my story;" Never upgrade to windows 10"
    @Fennadev - I believe if you shut it down by holding the power button for 5 seconds and then "cold-boot" the laptop, the install should continue where it got stuck.
    Good on you @Plaizealot ! I love the way you did your pics too, nice and easy to look at :)

Just thought I would let everyone know that @tammyjo329 and everyone who may issues with save error 533, crinrict has posted that EA//Maxis know about the issue and are working on a fix. Apparently it has something to do with a corrupt sim getting detached from a household. MC controller or something (I don't use) has implemented a fix if you use, but I'll wait and hopefully we should have an update/fix soon!

Happy Drifting Everyone :)

@Dglbr1969 I installed the new version of MC command and I saw that fix. I was so glad they finally released a new version of the mod I can't literally play my game without it, even tough I don't use all the features.

@Fennadev sorry to hear about your problems with windows 10. I heard a lot of complaints from other people about it. I can upgrade for free on my laptop, but I think I'll stick to windows 8.1 for as long as I can or until they fix windows 10.
    I'm crossing my fingers for your save files to be ok
    cpbbxqP.png
    @Vihisha @Dglbr1969 - Thanks! I used Photoshop and a lot of layers to make the storyboard. It is nice and compact. I'll continue to use this method. :)
    No he really got stuck. Kept repeating its start up screen and the update for around 15 minutes . After that it just shows a black screen. It did get a fault at 97%.
    I think my sims files are quite save. I play using origin.
    Your save files should be fine as they are saved on origin I believe. I am sorry to hear about your Windows 10 update issues. I have been tempted to up grade but I think I will stay with Windows 7. If it ain't broke don't fix it, is sort of my motto.

I play with MC Command Center and don't know how I would play the game without it. I love it. I don't use all the features either but I love having all kinds of choices. Also, it was nice to see the fix so I can go back to playing my game. I wasn't playing until they fixed it because I don't want to get to a point where it is not playable once some Sims die off. Of course, I haven't played much in a while. I think once I get my old desk back and get settled I will be able to get back into drifting.

In the meantime, I do read all your stories. I love the story board Plaizealot. It makes for easy reading.

Hope everyone who is having problems gets their computers fixed and or games going again. Happy Drifting Everyone. :)
    Thank you @Glimmer50! So glad you're enjoying. @Fennadev - sorry to hear you are having such issues. I have not yet upgraded to 10 and keep getting the nag screen every time I wake the laptop or reboot the desktop. I just keep saying 'NO'. I'm with you @Glimmer50, if it ain't broke..."
    Dag-dag!
    cpbbxqP.png
    Just thought I would let everyone know that @tammyjo329 and everyone who may issues with save error 533, crinrict has posted that EA//Maxis know about the issue and are working on a fix. Apparently it has something to do with a corrupt sim getting detached from a household.
    Jolly Good! Thank-u 4 the update! :smiley:
    Fennadev wrote: »
    I might have lost my whole challenge. But maybe origin saved it, I at least got the starter sim saved. But I might restart at point one if my saves where lost. ..
    I sure hope that all was NOT lost :neutral:
    I have not upgraded 2 Win10....I figured my version ain't broke..so I'm not gonna' bother "fixing" it. I've heard people having way 2 many troubles 2 start my own LOL I had 2 chuckle a little bit when I got 2 @Glimmer50 's comment & u had basically said the same thing :wink:
    Plaizealot wrote: »
    I used Photoshop and a lot of layers to make the storyboard. It is nice and compact. I'll continue to use this method. :)
    I REALLY like the way u did it!!

rXyqmuX.jpg
    I even lost the houses/ sims (and my new park!) I uploaded to the gallery >.<
    I will restart with a new sim and a new family
    qVUz9QU.png
    Silently cries because the park was so gorgous.
    I am sorry Fennadev. :( I hope you enjoy starting over and creating new memories. Sometimes it is fun to start from scratch. Maybe you will make an even more awesome park this time because now you have had practice. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top