March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[BETA] The Sims 4 History Challenge

Comments

• johnny49johnny49 Posts: 82 Member
    edited January 2016
    johnny49 wrote: »
    Isn't it sort of impossible to paint a complete family portrait? One person has to be painting it... so wouldn't they be left out? If that one person is left out would it still count as a family portrait?..

I agree. It's not possible. And even if it was there is no "paint portrait" option that I can find.
    The family portrait only require 2 parent figures and 1 child to count, so as for completing the goal, it's not impossible. Having the entire family in one portrait however is, as you say, not possible until we get some way of painting from a screenshot or similar.
    UniSims wrote: »

Thank you for the clarification.
  • budgie2budgiebudgie2budgie Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi! I just entered The Old West and was wondering, since I'm in the making of a bar, is card table allowed in this era? I haven't seen anything about them. (also, isn't that what cowboys do there besides drinking and.. ehum woohooing - or have I seen too many bad wild west movies? ;)
  • CloudseekerCloudseeker Posts: 353 Member
    Hi! I just entered The Old West and was wondering, since I'm in the making of a bar, is card table allowed in this era? I haven't seen anything about them. (also, isn't that what cowboys do there besides drinking and.. ehum woohooing - or have I seen too many bad wild west movies? ;)
    Hmm, you are right, it should be in there. I am not sure why I put it in Roaring Twenties instead of the Old West, but I'll fix that in the next update. Until then, feel free to use card tables in your saloon :)
    34in38k.png
  • LoveMeHateMeLoveMeHateMe Posts: 40 Member
    Are we allowed to kill Sims/cause their demise? I know it will cost you points in the Prehistoric era but what about after? I don't want to move Sims out with the collectibles being reset, but I need the room.
  • TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    Hi there! I was testing thhis challenge and if you place a roof on the ground and make it big enough to fit a door you can actually place a bed inside it actually functions as a hut and if you use stone wallpaper and wheat roofing it looks like a realist prehistortic hut
    Are we allowed to kill Sims/cause their demise?
    There's absolutely nothing against that in the rules. In fact, take a look at the goals for the Roaring Twenties :)
    34in38k.png
  • nitrogen-cyanidenitrogen-cyanide Posts: 4 New Member
    in the prehistoric era, is it allowed to send metal/crystals to the geo council to be made into elements or should we wait until a later gen?
    in the prehistoric era, is it allowed to send metal/crystals to the geo council to be made into elements or should we wait until a later gen?
    I'd say wait until later, because it doesn't really make sense for there to be a geo council in the Prehistoric Era :)
    34in38k.png
  • ALlewelynJonesALlewelynJones Posts: 61 Member
    edited February 2016
    Hey I started this challenge on my youtube channel ! ( I had to start a new channel so had to re upload them all) Really having fun with this too! It is hard! Here is a link to my playlist if you want to check it out! https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdE2sVh44HoTVZCv3nrB_3-G0rG_TrTJ3
    Join me for fun on my YouTube Channel where I create Let's Plays, CAS and build videos.
    Other games may appear from time to time to!

https://www.youtube.com/user/CalienteLlama

@Shesgotstyle19 Wonderful! Would you like me to link to it in the main post?
    34in38k.png
  • ChromaggiaMagChromaggiaMag Posts: 31 Member
    @Cloudseeker I've read through some of the posts on here (about 5 pages worth) but there are 35 pages in all SO I figured it'd be ok to just ask. What on earth are you to do about food on the first couple of days in the Prehistoric era? You can't cook the fish anywhere and no plants have spawned. Am I missing something? For the record, I have Outdoor Retreat and everything else. I'm just stumped on how to feed them at the moment. I know this must sound ridiculously stupid... I'm sorry.
    @ChromaggiaMag The campfires from Outdoor Retreat should have the option to roast fish on them, but the option only appears for Sims who actually have a fish in their inventory, I believe.
    34in38k.png
  • johnny49johnny49 Posts: 82 Member
    @ChromaggiaMag you can also eat fruit and veggies you find in the wild. Look around your camp site and there should be some trees you can harvest.
    @Cloudseeker Not that I saw. I'll give it another look, though.
    @johnny49 Not on the first day. Nothing has grown long enough to be harvestable on the first day.
  • FreedomdeepFreedomdeep Posts: 99 Member
    @ChromaggiaMag The campfires from Outdoor Retreat should have the option to roast fish on them, but the option only appears for Sims who actually have a fish in their inventory, I believe.

This is correct - I recently tested it and you do need one piece of fish to roast on the fire per person. I used the cheapest fish to cook with.

@ChromaggiaMag - it is tough to start the challenge, but focus on fishing and digging treasures to help you get through the first Couple days until everything is ready to be harvested. Tip - I heard if you keep a treasure map in the inventory of the person digging, it helps to find treasure of a higher value. Good luck, it's a fun challenge!
    akddFdd.gif
  • Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    I just started this challenge, I'm having so much fun, you can find everything about it on my Blog
    @Illyianna2005 Awesome, tell me if you want me to link to your blog in the main post :)
    34in38k.png
    Yeah you can link to my Blog on the main post. :-)
  • AnninhalizAnninhaliz Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello! Just wanted to say this challenge is amazing AND suggest a mod, it's this one: claudiasharon.tumblr.com/post/138363889877
    It stops the sims from roasting autonomously which is great since it's very annoying to keep an eye on them everytime so they don't roast anything they should :3
    @Cloudseeker I feel very silly. I wasn't in the mindset of lighting the campfire first, which is where I went wrong! XD Thank you for your help & understanding.
  • Forever_A_SimmerForever_A_Simmer Posts: 6 New Member
    Hello there, loving the challenge so far! I'm about to enter into the early civilization era. For the collectibles on display goal I have a few questions:
    1. By 'unique' in game collectibles do you mean rare? Or will any collectibles do?
    2. Does it have to be collectibles the sims born into the early civilisation era found or can it be the prehistoric sim's collectibles as well?
    edited February 2016
    1. By 'unique' in game collectibles do you mean rare? Or will any collectibles do?
    It just means that you can't count more than one of the same. E.g. if you have 2 Rubies, it counts as 1 unique collectible.
    2. Does it have to be collectibles the sims born into the early civilisation era found or can it be the prehistoric sim's collectibles as well?
    Any collectibles that are on display on your lot, no matter when they were obtained :)
    34in38k.png
    Can I see some pictures of your guys Early Civilization, I'm working on mine it's rough, lol.
  • olivianmart22olivianmart22 Posts: 3 New Member
    It doesn't really make sense for Early Civilization to be a generation with no lovers, especially if you take influence from the Roman Empire (or Ancient Greece), where it was kind of a must-have for a well-off Roman man to have lovers, both female and male.
    I see why you've done it, to create differences in the generations, but historically it isn't very accurate ;)
    (I'm sorry if someone has already commented about this, I haven't had time to read through all the pages <3)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top