Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Going Solo Challenge (main) Updated to include TS4

Comments

• MischiefTheKittenMischiefTheKitten Posts: 3,635 Member
    edited January 2016
    @Piazzagirl1015 That's what I thought :/ I read about the LTR yesterday too but couldn't find it, so I figured it wasn't an option anymore. Using a mod isn't a problem, so I'll change it later :)

Thanks for looking into it!

~MischiefTheKitten

Edit: Just an update, in case you're wondering how to change a sims' LTW after its been completed - open MC, go to the intermediate options and chose Lifetime Wish, it'll open the usual selection screen :) I tried changing it in CAS but that didn't change it in the sims' panel, so it hadn't really done it.
    Post edited by MischiefTheKitten on

Signature3_zpstzfs3ywq.jpg
  • NewToTheSimsNewToTheSims Posts: 1,160 Member
    @jazen Hi! :) LOL, I understand, my sister is like that too, the video games are more stress for her. I have a few different types of games, depending on the stress level I am feeling. If I am wanting something easy and I just want things to explode into a million pieces, then I go towards the Lego series, if I'm really mad and need carnage then I'll go towards Call of Duty where there's blood, LOL.
    @MischiefTheKitten Hey! :) Thank you, for being so nice. <3
    @Piazzagirl1015 Hello! *waves* Hope you're doing well.

LateKnightSimmer
  • VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    edited January 2016
    Look! Look! I made a half plumed updated for Vee!
    12-14-15_6-39-46nbspPM_zps7cd4ojhu.png

*edit
    I need an alternative to Photobucket for storing my sims pics. It takes HOURS to upload or delete anything and out of 20 pics, only 3 with upload... Otherwise my update would have had a lot more meat to it.
    Post edited by Vuneca on
  • jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    8b645b3c599bca7384dcd9349f3cad39.gif

Howdy everyone. Boy it's been quiet in here lately. Guess we're all busy with life or something like that. :)

@MischiefTheKitten I see PG answered your question. Hope you got it worked out. Saw your post about your book's tentative release date, congrats!!! If you could give me some of your focus and determination that would be great. I need to get off my rear and do some work!

@NewToTheSims howdy!!! Always good to see you pop in. :) I've tried playing CoD and things like that. I die. :( I die every time and quickly. LOL It's fun though since I'm usually playing with my boys and they like to laugh at me. Quality time right? hahaha

@Vuneca hey hey look it's Vee! I've read and commented. Glad you found some time to update. Um, have you tried Flickr for your pictures. I have a photobucket account, but I don't use it as often now and use flickr more. Question though, are you uploading your shots into photobucket before you put them in your blog? If so you don't have to do that and it will save you a step. I upload my pictures for my blog directly from my screenshots folder. It's quicker that way and you don't have to worry about a 3rd party site.

So life has been crazy for a little while. I had my hubby's birthday party. Cleaning before, then cleaning after was loads of fun (NOT LOL). I've also been trying to close 3 deals for clients and that's been driving me a little batty, but I'm close to the finish line and have 3 closings coming up in a few weeks. :) Plus I'm still doing the part-time job working the concerts.

I finally did purchase S4. :o Shocking I know!!! LOL But I got a great deal on it! Best Buy had it on sale and I had reward dollars so I got the game for about $10!!! Sweet deal right? On top of that the EPs were on sale so I went ahead and got GTW. I haven't installed it yet because I wanted to wait and see how I liked the game. I've not played it a whole lot, so I'm still getting used to the controls and such. I did make a sim to start the Iron Man challenge.

24172922409_2083c5827b_c.jpg

This is Jentry Madsen and she's working on the Master Chef aspiration and the culinary career right now. She's living in Oasis Springs currently.
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

@jazen It has been really quiet here lately. I hope some more updates happen soon, I miss them.

I do upload my photos directly from photobucket because I delete all my screen shots after word. Otherwise I would have thousands of them and it bogs down the game. Photobucket just sucks now. It never used to be so hard to use. >_< I will take a peak at flickr, thanks.

Welcome to TS4! It's missing a lot of the meat and potatoes of 3 but it's still a fun game to play. I especially love buildmode and the push/pull of CAS. Jentry is lovely! Will you be writing a story or any kinds of updates for her?
    @Vuneca I delete my screenshots too. With all the stories, game plays, etc that I do no way can I keep them all. With Blogger you have a picsa (sp) account automatically that saves the uploaded screenshots on the blog so even if you delete from your screenshot folder they will remain in your blog so no worry there. :) Long as you have a google + account, then you have nearly unlimited picture storage so you don't really need to use photobucket or flickr to put the shots in your blog. :)

I'm working on Matt's next update. It's slow going with recent events :( makes me kinda sad to write so it's taking a little while, but I'm getting there.

I'm most likely not going to do a story with Jentry but I may post something similar to what you do with Vee just to update her progress. I've not been taking any shots since I am still learning my way around. She has completed the first 2 levels of her aspiration and is at level 3 of her job.

Good to know @jazen I didn't realize blogger did that..... >_<
    Vuneca wrote: »
    Good to know @jazen I didn't realize blogger did that..... >_<

Yep, it's handy. I didn't know about the Google + giving more storage space until I ran out one day. LOL Now I've not had an issue. Hope it helps you out.

Yay for a new update!

• jeapos88jeapos88 Posts: 28 New Member
    my newest chapter, I tried to post it the other day, but for some reason i couldn't post anything on here

lifeorsomethinglegacy.blogspot.com/2016/01/rebel-31.html
    @jazen Hello! Ahh, yeah, LOL, sorry you get laughed at. I will say though, I can only play Call of Duty locally, like if I try to play online, then I die constantly because those people who play online are like way way way way more skilled than I will ever be. What's taking up my life at the moment is snow shoveling. It's like, any time I have something planned, it snows, so then I have to spend all day shoveling, my driveway is very very long, plus the sidewalks, and the back patio, it's just... taking over my life. I also have a gravel driveway, so I cannot use a snowblower, I just have to suffer with shoveling by hand. I can't just leave the snow either, cause then it melts and refreezes, and then I have an ice skating rink of a driveway, which none of the vehicles appreciate. Hence the PS3 stress relief. LOL. By the time I'm done shoveling I just want to punch something. XD To say I despise winter would be a gross understatement.

LateKnightSimmer
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    Hi everyone I'm finally getting some free time as I'm on vacation this week and I'm snowed in. 26.5 inches fell last night and the car is completely buried under the snow. Obviously I'm not going anywhere this week so I plan on working on the next Race update :)

@Newtothesims *waves back* I'm doing fine thanks and I hope that everything is well with you also.

@Vuneca It's good to see you back with an updates on Vee :) Congrats on getting 9 aspirations done! It took me forever to do one but I have a feeling it might be because I shouldn't have started with Fabulously Wealthy my next aspiration is going a lot faster.

@Jazen You got a good deal on Sims 4. Good Luck on the Iron Man challenge and I love your sim.

@jeapos88 hello. Nice to see you pop in again.

@NewToTheSims oh wow!!! That's nuts. I don't think I could handle living in a place that got that much snow!!! I would lose my mind so I understand why you have. I'm sorry. ***hugs*** When I hear stories like yours I really get embarrassed at how my state over reacts to weather. We had flurries FLURRIES and they were ready to shut down stuff. Like they can't handle it. They always say it's the ice, because we do, we get more freezing rain which makes a road hazard, but not like they put on. Friday Cury Top was supposed to go on a field trip to the high school to see a play. The high school is literally 10 minutes from the elementary school, but they canceled it due to weather. At that time we didn't even have the flurries. The Boy was supposed to have a dance after school that also got canceled. It's crazy. LOL You enjoy your PS3 relief and try to stay warm. Here's to hoping you get better weather soon!

@Piazzagirl1015 enjoy vacation!!! You need it after the holiday season and now you guys have snow, real snow. Stay warm.

Yeah, I was waiting until I did get a deal and now I have it. I started with Jentry and so far she's still working on that master chef aspiration. I hadn't taken any pictures before, but I will start to post on my tumblr. I have the thing so I might as well use it. LOL There won't be a story or anything with it, all commentary on how she's progressing. I also started a second challenge, because you know I can't do just one. LOL It's by @Ojenn actually called rebuild Willowcreek. That will be posted on her thread as well as tumblr since it also doesn't have a story, only commentary.

Hope everyone stays warm!!!

• french_vanilla13french_vanilla13 Posts: 586 Member
    @jazen glad to see you got S4, with a really great deal by the way, that's awesome!

honestly, I've been using google + for my pictures for a while now mainly because it's just easier and more accessible for me then photobucket even though I do still use it on occasion. I've not had any issues with it, I just simply don't have a need for it is all.

@Vuneca Honestly, I would really love to update, I've even written ahead...a lot, but I don't have my simming computer.....so I can't. Which is really sad cause I really want to play the sims.

@NewToTheSims I remember those days especially living out in the middle of no where when we got snow. Never any fun. I loved waking up to the snow on the ground, but always hated having to shovel it.

I hope everyone has had a great start to their new year!
    polariod_1

@Piazzagirl1015 Oh wow... I am glad I don't live where you do, the amount of snow you got makes mine look like a light dusting. That's cool that you can use it as a way to stay in and play your game though, when you literally can't go anywhere. I'm okay, I always have a bout of seasonal depression, every winter, I don't know, it's something about the sun setting around 3:45, and then it being cold, my motivation and inspiration just like leave for vacation or something, and then I just want to do absolutely nothing but sit around and stare at the wall. It's pretty awful. Of course, when I'm not shoveling, that is. LOL, but you probably know how that goes, when you live somewhere that gets over 2 feet of snow in a night.
    @jazen I grew up in the Midwest, so I've been around snow my whole life. It's annoying, and I'm not used to it in the sense that I like it, I absolutely hate it, but yes, I can deal with it. Ick, you guys get freezing rain? I'm sorry. We get both, snow and freezing rain, sometimes in the same snow storm. So that's really fun, not, LOL. Cause it looks like it's just snow, but then it's not because then it's like this really wet snow that weighs a ton and a half for one shovel full. I'll be going shoveling, and pick up a shovel full, and feel like I'm lifting an entire car. LOL. *sigh*
    @french_vanilla13 I can't imagine the people who live on rural roads... sometimes their streets don't even get plowed. I actually live in town, the reason I have a gravel driveway is because my house is really old, and the people who have lived year over the years didn't pave the driveway since it's kind of expensive to pave a 120 foot long stretch of road. LOL. That's how long my driveway is. But I live off a main road, which is paved, and everyone else's houses which are much newer, have paved driveways. So I don't live in the middle of nowhere, luckily, I think I'd go insane if I lived in the country, since I'm originally from Chicago, unless you count Iowa as being in the middle of nowhere, which is completely valid. LOLL.

LateKnightSimmer
  • french_vanilla13french_vanilla13 Posts: 586 Member
    @NewToTheSims I kind of figured that you didn't live in the middle of nowhere like I did. When we got snow like that, our roads normally took several days to get plowed and since we always stalk piled before winter came, well we didn't go anywhere after we got the snow until the roads were plowed and after that did we shovel that way we didn't waste days at a time shoveling our driveway. we don't have to deal with that in Oklahoma though.
    polariod_1

@Vuneca I've got Vee's update open and will read tomorrow :)

Photobucket is what I use for any pictures on here, too, and I used to use it for Blogger as well. It's been really slow for me as well lately :/ I don't know if you'd consider moving to wordpress, but I haven't had any trouble with the upload limit there :) I'm not sure what the limit is but I've never had an issue with it, across any of my blogs.

@jazen Yeah, it really has been quiet here lately. I was tempted to ask if everyone was all right but I figured you guys were all just busy with life ^^

Thank you!! If I figure out a way to send some of my motivation your way, I'll get right to it :)

How are you getting on with TS4? Every time I play mine I think that I should play more because it's fun, but then I remember Joel and his beautiful family and leaving him is hard. TS4 seems to progress much faster, which may be related to them sleeping so quickly. I always feel like I'm rushing through their lives.

Well done closing 3 sales!! That's probably where your motivation has run off to, you're working two jobs and you're busy with both!

I'm playing an Irom Woman Challenge with TS4 (you've probably seen the pics on facebook) but I'm not doing a story for her, either. It's nice to have a game I can play just for fun, so just enjoy it and figure out how things work :)

@Piazzagirl1015 A week off is always good ^^ Hope you're enjoying yourself!

@Everyone We haven't had any snow here! I think it snowed a tiny bit and London and of course it snowed further up North, but down here it just got cold for two, three days and now it's not too bad again :) Hope you're all doing well and have come to terms with January already nearly being over :)

~MischiefTheKitten

I do have a small update! ^^

These are Rose's twins with Conor - Joel's little sisters :) They came to Luca's birthday party (is it wrong that I've already picked a name for his daughter, should he have a girl, given that he hasn't even started school yet?)

Screenshot-1170_zpsbt9wtrtt.jpg

The girl on the left is Elisa and a mermaid like her momma, and her twin is Alessia and a fairy like her daddy :) I figured you might have forgotten their names since I keep forgetting them two seconds after writing them down :P

I'd love to get an update out for Joel. I'm hoping that once my beta readers have started on my book I might take a week off from that, and focus on my sims blogs instead. I miss their pretty families.

~MischiefTheKitten

edited January 2016

@Vuneca It's good to see you back with an updates on Vee :) Congrats on getting 9 aspirations done! It took me forever to do one but I have a feeling it might be because I shouldn't have started with Fabulously Wealthy my next aspiration is going a lot faster.

That was the one I did first too. It took a long time but it was totally worth it. Now, 8 asp later, she makes 65k once a week in investments! She has almost 2 mil right now!
    @jazen glad to see you got S4, with a really great deal by the way, that's awesome!

honestly, I've been using google + for my pictures for a while now mainly because it's just easier and more accessible for me then photobucket even though I do still use it on occasion. I've not had any issues with it, I just simply don't have a need for it is all.

@Vuneca Honestly, I would really love to update, I've even written ahead...a lot, but I don't have my simming computer.....so I can't. Which is really sad cause I really want to play the sims.

I am so glad @jazen told me about it. I had no idea and it's so much easier/quicker to use! I hope you get your simming comp back soon. How much longer is your man going to be away? :-(

@NewToTheSims have you ever tried those special lightbulbs that mimic sunshine? I have heard they can really help with SADD. I used them for my indoor plants before and they made a huge difference.

@MischiefTheKitten Now that I know I don't HAVE to use photobucket, I am much happier and updates are much easier! Those girls are so pretty! Good luck with your beta read through. I hope it goes well. If you need another, I'd be happy to volunteer! ;-)

Also Happy Birthday!

All
    We didn't get any snow where we live. Most of my fam are east coast and got super snowed in. It's been so long since I've seen real snow that I am jealous! Ah well. I am hoping we get to move to Germany during one of our next moves, then we'll get to enjoy snow!
    Post edited by Vuneca on
    @french_vanilla13 Ahh that's awesome that Oklahoma doesn't get snow. :blush: I think it works for some situations to just shovel once and then not leave the house like you said. Last year I tried that, like not shoveling everyday, and for my case, it made it worse, sadly. Everything in my driveway got packed down and the cars hated that, then there was this massive ice chunk at the end of the driveway that was pretty much impossible to get rid of. So this year I decided to just suck it up and shovel as much as I can off, to just get it out of the way, and as much as I do hate it, I think it's much better this year, the cars are not hating their lives as much as they did last year.
    @MischiefTheKitten Woooo for no snow!!! Haha, I'm happy for you. XD Are you okay with January almost being over? Or did the time fly too fast since it just became New Years not too long ago?
    @Vuneca I have heard of that light, the "Happy Light" or something? LOL, at least that's the brand name of ones I've seen sold here. I just never bit the bullet and bought one. It's a good suggestion, and I do wonder if it would help my lack of inspiration and motivation. Hmm.. heehee. I can send you all of the snow in my driveway because I do not want it. XD

LateKnightSimmer
    edited January 2016
    @Jazen Thank you so much and with the exception of the shoveling snow this has been a restful vacation which is needed after the holiday season.

I remember that you were waiting on a deal and you happened to get a great one. I'm following your tumblr so I will be following both your Iron Man and Rebuild Willow Creek.

@NewToTheSims We are actually getting 50 degree weather so thankfully the snow is melting. I hear you on the winter blues which usually hits this time of year. Its so depressing to see it get dark so early and the cold. Its 52 days until Spring time so we will be getting out of it soon enough.

@MischiefTheKitten Consider yourself lucky that you didn't get any snow this year and I hope that your luck continues to hold up. Wishing you a very happy birthday.

The twins are adorable! No its not bad that you picked out a name yet as it's never too soon to start planning your next generation.

@Vuneca I'm glad to know I'm not the only one to choose that aspiration first. I'm glad to have it over and done with and its good to know that later that it will all be worth it later on.

If you are missing the snow this year I will happily send some your way as we have plenty to spare over here.

@Everyone It seems that the snow has caused more problems here. Yesterday one of our powerlines broke due to the weight of all the snow and ice and we spent the whole day without any power. Thankfully they restored us late last night.

@french_vanilla13 yep. I was holding out and all the chips fell into place so I went ahead and got it. I've played with it some and it's okay. S3 is still my first love. :)

photobucket takes forever! So many ads and things that slow it down, it's nuts. I use flickr mostly when I need to post a picture in the forum or something.

@NewToTheSims I don't know if I could live in a place that snow like that. It would drive me bonkers. I need the sun and not so many gray clouds. Too many rainy days in a row and I'm getting sad, so I can understand how you get some seasonal depression. **hugs** Yep, we get the freezing rain and ice is a big deal for us. People not taking the road conditions into account when they drive, coupled with ice you don't see until you hit it makes for some really hazardous road conditions.

@MischiefTheKitten yeah things hit a lull here. It happens.

I would appreciate the motivation. I haven't even opened my book doc yet this year :( it's not starting out good. LOL

I'm learning S4. I love how quickly it loads. I forget it does it so fast so I'll hit play then pop back to my other screen to do stuff thinking I need to wait a while like with S3 then remember I don't. LOL I am hating the camera the most right now. The drift it gives when I'm trying to do something is annoying. Other than that, it's not as terrible as I thought it would be to play. I have 2 challenges I'm doing so it gives me something to focus on so that helps. :) I am just the opposite, it feels like it takes me forever to get through their lives. LOL

Well they aren't closed yet, but close. I have one this Friday, another next Friday, and the final one on the 19th. All three are the same client. LOL

I don't know if I've seen your Iron Woman challenge on FB, but next time I'm there I'll head over to your page and check it out.

As for Wordpress, I would guess the limit is probably close to what we have on Blogger (not that I know what it is) LOL. The only issue I ran into was before I activated my google + account, but once I did I've been golden and I have 8 blogs running under the same account.

The girls are adorable. I like that one is a mermaid and the other is a fairy. If no one has snatched them up by the time I need one, I might need to add them to my family.

@Vuneca glad that has worked out for you. My friend DJ told me about the google + option when I got hit with a limit warning or something like that. Going right from screenshot folder to blog is way quicker and you have have more pictures since you eliminated a step. :)

@Piazzagirl1015 Cool, thanks for the follow. Yep, I always thought the game was overpriced at $60 and since I am happy with S3 I saw no reason to spend that much on it. I admit the baby to kid thing is odd when it comes to my Willocreek game play, but I just do it quick so that I don't have time to really get 'attached' to the baby.

OH wow, crazy about your power. Glad they got it back up and running for you. :)

@Everyone so I've been putting off anything that seemed like work, i.e. writing. LOL My focus is just squat for whatever reason. I'm hoping to push through and get some updates out for both Kiss and ALG.

@Vuneca Thanks for the offer!! It's funny you should bring it up, I was actually to going to ask you guys for volunteers, anyway ^^ Not yet, though. In two weeks hopefully :)

Thank you!! I had a lovely, lazy day, haha ^^

@NewToTheSims I don't know. Now that I've set myself a publication date for my book (and announced it on my blog) it feels like time is slipping away from me, haha! Otherwise I'm fine with it, I think. A lot of exciting things are happening this year, which doesn't help! It feels like it's one thing after the next!

@Piazzagirl1015 We don't often get snow here, anyway, so it's not all that unusual. Last year we still had light, powdery snow on one day until lunch time though so this is still less :P

@jazen Oh please, help yourself! They are growing up to be stunning young ladies, and I always love to see our sims away from their home stories :)

I know it's hard to get back into the swing of things once you've had a break. Why do you want to write this book?

I'm not making it a huge thing on my facebook, I just post a couple of pictures here and there. I've made a separate folder for the pictures but there's not much in it :P

I'm glad you're getting on all right with TS4. The camera annoyed me a lot at first, too, but you get used to it. I play TS3 more so each time I load TS4 instead I have to remind myself how to play :P

~MischiefTheKitten

@MischiefTheKitten I'm too lax on myself and easily will make excuses to put things off. LOL As for why I want to write it, well at the end of Fiendish I felt a need to complete Calida's story in a way. She went through a lot so I felt like showing how she was coping, really coping with it all as well as finally getting her happy ending was something I owed her. :) I just need to stop BSing around and focus on it. Which, as you can see, is easier said than done. LOL

I did manage to finish writing Matt's next update. Now all I have to do is get shots which hopefully I'll be able to do this weekend. I have work tomorrow so that will cut into some of my time. Either way, hopefully I'll have an update sometime next week. :)

edited January 2016
    @Jazen I agree with you as it was totally overpriced at $60. In fact $30 was overpriced in my opinion for that game. Ok I know I might not be the best to ask because I don't like the game that much but $10 is definitely a great price for it. The baby thing still has me upset as we are going back to Sims 1 on that and I would have rather seen them go forwards instead of backwards. That is why none of my sims will ever have a baby in that game.

Lights went off again on Thursday but we are all fixed now.

Looking forward for the update on Matt :)

@MischiefTheKitten Oh you are so lucky! I'm looking forward to moving to Arizona some day so I can also live in a place without snow. Luckily for us right now the tempertures have been above freezing so its melting.

@Everyone I'm in transition between Chrissie and Bae so I have an update but its a small one. I decided to fast forward through Bae's childhood as nothing will be happening until he gets to university.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top