Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we'll see Generations/Toddlers soon?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Not to be a Debbie Downer, as I am really hoping for Toddlers to return... we have no real info (since Dec 2014) other than that ONE survey - that truly doesn't amount to a whole lot - on toddlers. It's looking pretty bleak for our crawling tots return.

They've been exceptionally tight lipped about toddlers and anything toddler related since Rachel said leaving them out was the best decision they had made. And whether she meant to date or all together, is up for debate, as everyone has their own perception of what she meant.

Now, they could be exceptionally tight lipped for two reason. 1) They nixed the whole idea and toddlers won't be making a return. I shudder to even think it, much less say it. But it's a possibility. Or 2) They've completed toddlers and are waiting until to patch them in pre-Generations EP. I prefer this scenario. Does that make it true... not really. But it's a possibility.

In reality, only they know. And they aren't talking. Which irritates the beejesus out of me. I wish they'd just tell us one way or the other. But, I have to agree with the other person on this thread. If toddlers aren't put in the game this year, they likely won't be. And IF a generations type EP comes and toddlers don't... well, the chances of getting toddlers after that are pretty well slim to none.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Thanks Debbie!!!!! LOL!
  • Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    @ChelleJo

To be honest, I would stop buying DLC if Toddlers aren't introduced in a Generations Patch. I would still play, but, I won't pay a broken game.

I'll hold on to what hope I have left of Toddlers returning. I have little to say.
  • Options
    Landscapes101Landscapes101 Posts: 91 Member
    Who knows? It's sad enough that they're releasing core base game features as expansion packs.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I hope we get toddlers I mean come on its been a year and a half like...hello patiently waiting here.
  • Options
    ibenengbergibenengberg Posts: 79 Member
    Toddlers are such a big part of the sims, I don't believe that they won't add them.
    My Wishlist: Best Friend hug, Generations, University, Seasons, Vacations, Private School, Funerals, Cemeteries, Walk up the aisle in the wedding and ask your sims friends to be best man, maid of honor, bridesmaid or pastor if they are engaged.
  • Options
    peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    Toddlers are definitely coming. It would be a bad financial move if people found out that toddlers weren't coming. And yes, while they could hide it and therefore not deal with the consequences, it would be a great financial move to include toddlers in a free patch (and we all know EA loves money). Adding toddlers would appease many of the family players, and would get a lot of people who are on the fence about buying the sims 4 to break down and buy it. If not the that, then toddlers would at least get sims 4 players to buy the generations themed expansion pack which would give the toddlers new gameplay, clothes, and furniture.

The reason we have not had toddlers yet is because the sims team probably didn't realize how important they were and how much people wanted them. Remember the sims 4 was originally going to be an online game, therefore they would only focus on content for adults (because mmo games aren't known for including children). They only changed the game to single player due to massive backlash, realizing an online game wouldn't give them their desired profits. So, wanting to release the game without big delays, they cut content (like toddlers) which they would then add later (either In patches, or expansion packs)

The sims 4 is doing okay, but according to ea's monetary records, it isn't making all the cash, and therefore I belive that toddlers will be added in a free patch to get more sales.
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Options
    SamiNY623SamiNY623 Posts: 128 Member
    > @Landscapes101 said:
    > Who knows? It's sad enough that they're releasing core base game features as expansion packs.

For real. Having to pay for a whole EP to form groups and do other things that should be base game is so annoying.
  • Options
    DaleylifeDaleylife Posts: 128 Member
    I personally don't like toddlers.
    But, The Sims Team probably should tell the community if toddlers will or won't return.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Honestly at this point there is a higher probability of them returning in the Sims 5 rather than the Sims 4 at all. Doesn't matter to Maxis if I want toddlers. They couldn't care less about them.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    @peterskywalker

Is EA really that shallow? I don't want to believe it, and that's me, I guess. It's all up to opinion, perception, and evidence. I played a lot of other games before I picked up The Sims, and I still play my favorites. I still play The Sims of course.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Maybe I'm just a hopeless dreamer, but I still have a little bit of faith left that toddlers will be added to TS4. I also really hope that Generations is the next EP to comeout for the game too.
  • Options
    Simmer_RaySimmer_Ray Posts: 534 Member
    edited January 2016
    in my opinion i feel like they are coming specially if there following the survey witch will find out basically next month if find love is the next game pack which a lot of people saying it is then yes they will be coming i just feel like if we keep the topic going then yes they will keep in mind that what we ant then just get angry or keep putting people down about it saying they wont come or just kind of be negative about it i mean from my point of view and opinion it is some what a lot of work yes it been a year and a few months already but for the sims community some not all but some have zero patience so they throw stuff packs game pack and expansion packs to give there self more time to work on them then think about they went on vacation breaks but to think they have to do animation add clothes/hairs and object for them which all take time for me i probably wont give up in till the last and final expansion pack and start talking about sims 5 and stop patching sims 4 then ill give up cause they can still patch them in at any time like they did pools and the maid and repair man npc it just on the matter of marketing or more so did they care if there buggy or not and the vibe im getting which also was stated from a guru when the movie stuff pack came out they heard us loud and clear and is trying to stay some what with family play this year
    6d857729b5cf50b45c3a0cb8a112146f.gif
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    As much as I want toddlers, it actually upsets me when people say they are coming (as if it's actually true than simply belief). You have no proof of that. Until EA says otherwise, it's false infomation for the time being.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif