March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    edited January 2016
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 36 To Sleep Perchance To Dream
    FORUM ID: Cbear13
    ORIGIN ID: Cbear1313
    LEVEL: Expert I think
    LOT: Mini Modern
    LOT COST: 1,500
    BUILD COST: 33,486
    TOTAL COST: 34,986
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Mini Modern Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: I love the color blue mixed with black so that was my inspiration for the colors, the shape inspiration was to shape it kind of like a man which you will see in the grid view picture.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure why not
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Mini%20Modern.jpg
    17%20Aerial%20View%202.jpg
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Amazing work, everyone! And you are all so fast! :o I try to resist looking at the entries before I finish mine, but I couldn't help myself. This is a great challenge, @BuildnShare .
  • cryskcrysk Posts: 657 Member
    FORUM ID: crysk
    ORIGIN ID: crystalkaw74
    LEVEL: established I suppose
    LOT: Crystal Loft Design
    LOT COST: 1500
    BUILD COST: 33477
    TOTAL COST: 34977
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    ENTRY DETAILS: Tyring to think a bit outside the box with the interiors roomlayout, the bed and the desk are hidden behind a halfwall. At the the other side of that halfwall there is a big mirror and a mat for training ballet. For meditation you may retreat to the balcony and relax watching the fountain. The kitchen takes up a small place at the back of the house. Of course there is room to watch the news on the television in the sitting area besides the entrance.

SIM: Link to Gallery Upload Crystal Loft Design
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: click me
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM:N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none used

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    vrWxk1n.jpg
    ccBcpyk.jpg
    @steskens photobucket offers folders as well, if thats the only reason for changing
    ccBcpyk.jpg
    steskens wrote: »
    No it's not haha, I had indeed there albums too but it wasn't all clear for me. And I didn't wanted that username :sweat_smile:
    ahhh ok, just making sure

ccBcpyk.jpg
  • mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    I can not figure out how to use photobucket to save my life. So I use Imgur also.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited January 2016
    hmmm...my entry disappeared... I will check back tomorrow and redo if necessary.

I tried reposting, and a comment popped up that it will appear after being approved. Hopefully it will.
    Post edited by iampes23 on
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    edited January 2016
    If your using photo bucket you need to use the direct link and at the top of the post your writing you'll see what looks like a page with the corner turned down. Paste the direct link for your image in there and when posting a gallery link paste it into squiggly thing :D like the page icon at the top and it should stop disappearing on you. Hope that helps :s I'm not sure I explained it well lol
    Post edited by lisa17ann on
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

edited January 2016
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: iampes23
    ORIGIN ID: iampes23
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Post Modern Studio Home
    thesims.com/gallery/F021D2FDC25711E58B3CD79AF2EDB76A?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=iampes23&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $1,500
    BUILD COST: $33,477
    TOTAL COST: $34,977
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    s97.photobucket.com/user/iampes23/slideshow/Sims%204%20BnS%2036
    ENTRY DETAILS: A 98 square foot home incorporating post modernism features both inside and out. This tiny studio home features a full kitchen, an entertainment area, a functional kitchen, a bedroom area, and a meditation/yoga area. The backyard has a relaxing patio area with a fountain.

SIM:N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM:N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    Link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

*sorry the links are no longer direct since the entry would not post-copy and paste into the search bar please*
    Thanks for all the help and suggestions! This has not been a problem on the Sims 3 BnS.
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: StSciurus
    ORIGIN ID: StSciurus
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Postmodern Paradise
    LOT COST: §1,500
    BUILD COST: §33,486
    TOTAL COST: §34,986
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Build Images
    ENTRY DETAILS: For me, postmodernism goes beyond modernism by introducing ornament, historical elements and whimsy into the exterior and interior design. I chose a basically white modern palette but introduced red and black accents with unexpected architectural shapes and/or interior objects. The house uses 94 squares of the grid.

SIM: Rich Marriner
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: All About Rich
    ENTRY DETAILS: I basically followed the brief given in the challenge. Rich Marriner's aspiration is to be a Renaissance Sim. His attributes are Outgoing, Active and Foodie. Sim creation is one of my weakest areas, but I thought I would enter in order to get the practice!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC used in either entry

d7b30406-dc03-460d-89de-a92cb9967704.png

bbcc7175-969d-4ec5-8336-4e42064c00ad.png
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    iampes23 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the help and suggestions! This has not been a problem on the Sims 3 BnS.

just delete any URL links leaving just the image links if using bbcode.
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I have a question @BuildnShare concerning the rules of using only one story. Can I have more stories/rooms above one story as long as they are not used/accessible for living areas? The way I designed the roofing on my build required using rooms under roofing pieces on two additional stories in order to make it successfully work. I hope that's not breaking the rules. o.O *crosses fingers*
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #35 - We Have A Plan

The results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Casa Bonita
    LOT COST: 1,500
    BUILD COST: 33,447
    TOTAL COST: 34,947
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/WqQ2i
    ENTRY DETAILS: I built this in Oasis Springs so designed a post-modern build with a Mediterranean feel so it blended in with the surroundings. Open plan interiors with exterior patio, pool and area for yoga and meditation, all landscaped in keeping with the general area.

SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) Link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/0DB3564CC45D11E5850238A2C276CFFB?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=cevans1962&max=50&maxis=false

T7bme2W.png

ondYSXz.jpg

uzE2H1V.jpg
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #35 - We Have A Plan

The results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I have a question @BuildnShare concerning the rules of using only one story. Can I have more stories/rooms above one story as long as they are not used/accessible for living areas? The way I designed the roofing on my build required using rooms under roofing pieces on two additional stories in order to make it successfully work. I hope that's not breaking the rules. o.O *crosses fingers*

Sorry for the delay, we have been deliberating and agree to you using an extra floor for a roof as long as it's not furnished, habitable, usable or accessible in any way. :smile:
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Sorry for the delay, we have been deliberating and agree to you using an extra floor for a roof as long as it's not furnished, habitable, usable or accessible in any way. :smile:

No worries! Thank you so much for answering my question, happy to know I don't need to start over. \o/ I'm mostly finished with the exterior, working on the interior now and I really like this build. It's been a true challenge for me since I love balance and Postmodern pretty much demands the opposite. hehe :)

• WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited February 2016
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: wrathofcath
    ORIGIN ID: wrathofcath
    LOT: Solitude
    LOT COST: $1500
    BUILD COST: $33,466
    TOTAL COST: $34,966
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: A post modern style home with a studio design on the interior, for a male ballet dancer looking for rest and relaxation. The tranquil backyard has an area for yoga and meditation or a nice soak in the hot tub.

SIM: Rich Marriner
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: I don't usually create sims but I thought I'd give it a go, this time. I used the description from the brief as my guideline and added the romantic trait with searching for his soulmate, as his aspiration.

ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

1%20Front%20of%20Home_zpsjk0wvler.png

17.%20Rich%20Marriner_zpsdkm6dcfp.png

Post edited by WrathofCath on
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited January 2016
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Issabella14
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    LOT COST: $1500
    BUILD COST: $33,476
    TOTAL COST: $34,976
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    http://s42.photobucket.com/user/Issabella_Koen/slideshow/challenge 36
    Gallery link: Here

ENTRY DETAILS: Cosy Lair is a beautiful 21st century open plan modern home.

Picture

1%204_zpswbg9qnbg.jpg
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    @Issabella14 holy cow! That looks like a real life photo!!! :heart:
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    Aw thanks @lisa17ann <3:)
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Thank you so much, @steskens! You did a Fabulous job yourself! Your home is very nicely done with everything Rich needs in less square footage And for such a great price. :blush:
    edited February 2016
    I've never built a Postmodern home before so I did some research on Google to find out exactly what to do for this challenge. While checking out different designs and styles, I ran across this image and was inspired by the interesting roof:

6xomPgM.jpg

I started out trying to figure out the best way to copy the style. My results aren't exact, but as close as I could get with the resources available in build mode. Once I had that done, I went a little wild (for me anyway lol) and ran with it from there. I'm a big fan of balance so this was a true challenge for me, the Postmodern style entails using different styles, textures, colors and a sense of playful whimsy. I had a lot of fun with this and might try building another Postmodern lot again. Thanks for looking and I hope y'all like it. :)

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 36 To Sleep Perchance Dream
    FORUM ID: Karababy52
    ORIGIN ID: Karababy 52
    LOT: Marriner PoMo
    LOT COST: 1500
    BUILD COST: 33493
    TOTAL COST: 34993
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/4gpED
    ENTRY DETAILS: Small Postmodern home with interesting, somewhat quirky architecture design and landscaping. Includes a backyard deck open on one end facing a soothing fountain for a relaxing Yoga and Meditation experience. Interior decorated in bright colors and playful accents features an open floor plan with Chess set, TV/Reading Nook, Wall-mounted Speaker/Stereo, Computer, Locker/Dresser, full Eat-in Kitchen, half-walled Bedroom for privacy and an enclosed Bathroom.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    rrCGXKS.png

Good Luck everyone, I'm loving all the entries so far! Y'all should be proud! <3
    @Karababy52 , I <3<3<3 what you did with your challenge entry! The architecture hits all the right notes of postmodern whimsy, and the interior does as well. You should be proud, too!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top