Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[BETA] The Sims 4 History Challenge

Comments

• tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    I believe you are allowed to use an outdoor grill if you do not have outdoor retreat.
  • CloudseekerCloudseeker Posts: 353 Member
    edited January 2016
    @Alexxka I have set Outdoor Retreat as a required Game Pack for the challenge due to the large amount of items that are a perfect fit for the Prehistoric Era. You could technically adjust the challenge to work without Outdoor Retreat, by doing things like allowing beds and grills for the Prehistoric Era. You would also have to keep in mind to "spend" fish when you cook on the grill (I don't think you can cook fish on the grill directly from your inventory, but I'm not sure), as well as some other OR-requiring rules.

In short, I do highly recommend getting Outdoor Retreat, as this challenge will shine in its full glory only with that pack, but if you really can't or don't want to get it, it is possible to do without it, with some extra work on your side as a trade-off :)

If you decide to try the challenge, with or without Outdoor Retreat, I hope you have a good time :)
    34in38k.png
  • AlexxkaAlexxka Posts: 14 New Member
    edited January 2016
    @tammyjo329
    @Cloudseeker
    Thanks a lot, I'll try not starving them to death and grow my mushrooms and apples and strawberries)
  • leiamoonleiamoon Posts: 10 New Member
    when we have to earn 10 gold medals on each different type of social event we have to earn on all of them? I mean from all of my stuff and expansion packs (2 digital deluxe, 1 outdoor retreat and 1 spooky party) or just the base game parties (5)? because I try to calculate how can I divide 90 parties through all of the era from early civilization :D
    leiamoon wrote: »
    when we have to earn 10 gold medals on each different type of social event we have to earn on all of them?
    No, just the base game social events; House Party, Dinner Party, Birthday Party, Wedding and Date. I'll clarify this in the rules in the next update.
    34in38k.png
  • leiamoonleiamoon Posts: 10 New Member
    > @Cloudseeker said:
    > No, just the base game social events; House Party, Dinner Party, Birthday Party, Wedding and Date. I'll clarify this in the rules in the next update.

Oh, thank God! :D
  • CheerfulTulipCheerfulTulip Posts: 13 New Member
    Why can't we sell cowplants?
    Is it okay to go into full edit mode to add tattoos for future generations?
    Sorry I'm asking so many questions, but is it okay for charismatic sims to ask for loans?
    Uhh for the prehistoric thing if he has a baby with a sim that isn't intended to be the mate for early civ does it still move on to early civ or do I wait for the intended mate to have a kid?
    Why can't we sell cowplants?
    It's because of how much they are worth compared to how easy they are to get. They would make any money-related goals trivial.
    Is it okay to go into full edit mode to add tattoos for future generations?
    Yes, since that's only cosmetic, I'd say that's allowed.
    Sorry I'm asking so many questions, but is it okay for charismatic sims to ask for loans?
    That's totally fine.
    Uhh for the prehistoric thing if he has a baby with a sim that isn't intended to be the mate for early civ does it still move on to early civ or do I wait for the intended mate to have a kid?
    It moves on to Early Civ as soon as any child of your Ancestors has their first child. Say your Ancestors are John and Jane. They have a child, which they name William. They are still in the Prehistoric Era, since your Ancestors and their children all count as the Prehistoric generation. John then has a child with another sim, Miriam. The child is named Bethany and moves in with John and Jane, but they are still in the Prehistoric Era. However, when either William or Bethany has a child, they move on to Early Civilization.

I hope that clears things up!
    34in38k.png
    Thank you!
    Is it ok to sell cowplants just for the purpose of building, and not count them towards the goals?
    Is it ok to sell cowplants just for the purpose of building, and not count them towards the goals?
    No, they may never be sold. But by the end of it, you'll have so much money that building won't be a problem anyway :)
    34in38k.png
  • LoveMeHateMeLoveMeHateMe Posts: 40 Member
    I've been so busy lately, sorry for late reply. I would say include my story on the front page of this thread, but I'm not sure how much of a "story" it's going to be here soon. I'm struggling with time to play and I've realized that I need to focus more on the goals. The anglerfish one for the Prehistoric era is killing me! I fished for more than 48 sims hours and the closest I came was one worth a little over $900. Going to try another area in the game though, maybe that will help. I need to get this goal, LOL. Because now my male ancestor is in old age, and he's only knocked up 3 women. I'm afraid of him dying from woohoo.
    @LoveMeHateMe Keep at it! The anglerfish goal is probably the most difficult to get, but you'll get it eventually :)
    34in38k.png
  • MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    Soooo...I had played to the 2nd era, and the computer I was playing this one got wiped! So now I have to start over! Which is ok, because I have figured out a problem with the genetics anyhow...but I'll post when I start this up again...hopefully soon!
  • kristinepunktumkristinepunktum Posts: 166 Member
    I just started this challenge! Love it, it's so different and challenging. I'm almost done with a little challenge called "The Tiny Living Challenge", so I will be uploading this to my channel next, and would love it if you @Cloudseeker, would include my channel in the first post with the others!

I am so looking forward to doing this challenge, seems like it will be a long one, though? :)
    My Youtube Channel
    Current challenges: The History Challenge, the 10 Baby Mama Challenge (Sims 3) and of course; The Legacy Challenge.

kEVfgAW.jpg
    @Meeshelby Sad to hear that your computer got wiped, hopefully you'll have better luck this time :)

@kristinepunktum Awesome! I'll add your channel to the main post, and I look forward to seeing your videos :)
    34in38k.png
  • LoveMeHateMeLoveMeHateMe Posts: 40 Member
    Okay so last night I finally caught an Anglerfish worth over $1600! I swear the ones you catch in the Forgotten Grotto are worth more than the ones in Sylvan Glade. Now as soon as the first child is born of the next gen I'm on to the Early Civilization! I'm so happy to leave the Prehistoric Era behind - it was so hard sometimes.
  • AlannahGreenAlannahGreen Posts: 164 Member
    I do not have the outdoors retreat pack so my sims live off of the plants that they've collected. Is there a way that I could store them all besides putting them into my sims inventory?
  • Raiiny_DazeRaiiny_Daze Posts: 6 New Member
    Isn't it sort of impossible to paint a complete family portrait? One person has to be painting it... so wouldn't they be left out? If that one person is left out would it still count as a family portrait?..
  • johnny49johnny49 Posts: 82 Member
    Isn't it sort of impossible to paint a complete family portrait? One person has to be painting it... so wouldn't they be left out? If that one person is left out would it still count as a family portrait?..

I agree. It's not possible. And even if it was there is no "paint portrait" option that I can find.

• UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member
    I do not have the outdoors retreat pack so my sims live off of the plants that they've collected. Is there a way that I could store them all besides putting them into my sims inventory?

I'm not sure if this is against the rules but the trick or treat prize came with a chest.
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
    johnny49 wrote: »

I agree. It's not possible. And even if it was there is no "paint portrait" option that I can find.
    The family portrait only require 2 parent figures and 1 child to count, so as for completing the goal, it's not impossible. Having the entire family in one portrait however is, as you say, not possible until we get some way of painting from a screenshot or similar.
    UniSims wrote: »

I'm not sure if this is against the rules but the trick or treat prize came with a chest.
    Nothing against that in the rules :)
    34in38k.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top