Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Elder Won't Die

My elder Sim Jada had died at 110 days something like that (I never changed the lifespan in settings it's still set to normal), and her pet Cleo saved her life from the Grim Reaper. Since then Cleo has passed on and Jada is still living at now 120 days! I don't want her to be murdered but to die of old age but she won't go!!!

Is this a glitch?

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Quite possibly not a glitch.

The way this is supposed to work, assuming Jada is not a vampire or a fairy who live much longer than humans, under EA standard (no mods) is that on the day after the end of a sim's expected life span, the dice are rolled at midnight invisibly to the player and it is decided then if the sim is going to live for another day or expect a visit from Grimmy. Some sims are lucky enough to survive many such dice rolls in a row. My sims' life expectancy is 242 sim days, some of them don't make it much further than that but I've seen sims around town make it well into their 290s and upwards of 300 now and then.

Sims also get a hefty bonus on the dice rolls if they have completed the Athletic skill challenge that involves jogging and a smaller one if they have the Vegetarian trait.

You can adjust the likelihood of a sim living that much longer than expected with mods like NRaas StoryProgression. Or you can reduce the length of the Elder stage, as it's flexible and not an absolute like the others.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    donnabaileydonnabailey Posts: 683 Member
    Probably not. I had a sim saved by her dog and she lived on for quite a while after that. I don't remember how long now, but it was a pretty good while.
    Appaloosa Plains Townie Makeover Project!

The Claw Machine Diaries Challenge

Though nothing can bring back the hour
    Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
    We will grieve not, rather find
    Strength in what remains behind
  • Options
    ArilyBooArilyBoo Posts: 346 Member
    edited January 2016
    Thank you, I'll update if she ever passes on. I feel bad though her daughter is about to be an elder and she is an elder and they are living under the same roof and sharing a bed because I'm running out of room lol.
  • Options
    Arg! I'm so aggravated!!! She finally passed at 121 days and guess what happens!!!? Now the cat has saved her life!!!
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2016
    LOL. Sorry, I know it's aggravating when the game does the exact opposite of what you want, but at least we know things are functioning as they are supposed to -- she did reach the end of her life twice there. But forgive me if I'm not overly upset over a sim getting to live longer. :)

As for the mother and daughter both being elders, that isn't so strange. Being the oldest child of an oldest child, I had and got to know three great grandparents myself while growing up (not in the same beds though). One of them got to see me go off to "Uni" in fact and theoretically could have been a great great grandmother if my life had gone that way, though it didn't. My parents and I will all overlap as elders as they have with their parents, though I haven't lived in their house for quite a while.

What you might consider doing is revert to a save from before day 121, if you have one, and replay except this time get a neighbor to adopt all of the household's pets.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    She has finally passed on...129 days

R.I.P Jada
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    :'(
    I'm sad for her. At least she was able to see her grand-children grow up!

That's something my sims only do when I cheat because I tend to have children when they're adults. I end up raising the elder bar or reset their age until I feel it's time for them to live a risky life.
  • Options
    Thank you! On her tombstone I wrote she had a happy LONG life lol.
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Wow, you've had some bad luck recently. :/