Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    edited January 2016
    steskens wrote: »
    Congrats on being a member! @StSciurus :smile: And nice house!
    Thank you, @steskens !
    Post edited by StSciurus on
  • AmyCarolynAmyCarolyn Posts: 303 Member
    @BuildnShare I just noticed that I left something vital out of the build. Am I allowed to edit my entry after it has been posted?
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    AmyCarolyn wrote: »
    @BuildnShare I just noticed that I left something vital out of the build. Am I allowed to edit my entry after it has been posted?
    As long as you're done before the deadline, you're good @AmyCarolyn xx

GArBA5W.jpg
  • mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 35 We Have A Plan
    FORUM ID: mommataurus2
    ORIGIN ID: mommataurus2
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: WillowCreek Bed and Breakfast
    LOT COST: 3000
    BUILD COST: 121,716
    TOTAL COST: 124,716
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:

ENTRY DETAILS: The rounded portion of the footprint inspired my design. Once I placed my porch area, I started seeing this lighthouse/bed and breakfast come together.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC, Mods or customer colors used.

Fuw3k7y.png

WUConBW.png

momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

@Lisa17ann My daughter is sitting here looking through all the challenge entries with me and she is jumping up and down saying to your build "Omg Omg that's my house!" haha. She's a tough cookie to please. Good job!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• LionessInMNLionessInMN Posts: 478 Member
    Ok I am loving that lighthouse, @mommataurus2. I would never in a million years thought to do that. Very creative!
    Thanks @LionessInMN! :) It was a fun build.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    edited January 2016
    @mommataurus2 Haha that's funny! And, thanks to you and your daughter with the great taste! :D I think everyone has done an amazing job. I love how different they all are. Your bed and breakfast looks wonderful! :)
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    edited January 2016
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 35 We Have A Plan
    FORUM ID: popettypop2012
    ORIGIN ID: popettypop2012
    LEVEL: Novice
    LOT: Charming Family Cottage
    GALLERY LINK :smiley:https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/8C5FED5BBF3611E585ACF0F444F2AC13?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=popettypop2012&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 3000
    BUILD COST: 121,877
    TOTAL COST: 124,877
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s373.photobucket.com/user/cillaben/slideshow/Charming cottage
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC, Mods or customer colors used

Space for pictures:
    01-20-16_31239nbspPM_zps8pd1bpib.png
    [01-20-16_32101nbspPM_zpss8tryagr.png01-20-16_32218nbspPM_zpskbfesaiq.png
    Post edited by popettypop2012 on
    Beautiful entry @popettypop2012 :)

@lisa17ann thank you, although it's nowhere near as good as your builds. You are so creative:)
    Don't be silly @popettypop2012 but thank you that's sweet! :)

Challenge #35 is now closed, working on getting #36 ASAP

Some really amazing entries this round, good luck to everyone xx
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Challenge #35 is now closed, working on getting #36 ASAP

Some really amazing entries this round, good luck to everyone xx

@BuildnShare Not that it affects me directly since I already have my entry posted, but the subject line for BnS 35 says "due 1/30". I wondered at the time why you were giving us the whole month for this challenge, but there may be some out there who thought they had more time.

@StSciurus - apologies, this was a typographical admin error on the title, the main post did state that the closing date was the 20th. Each TS4 challenge lasts for two weeks, unless made abundantly clear that you have longer.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited January 2016
    #36 - To Sleep Perchance To Dream

Your last client has left the office and you cast your eye over your google calendar to check what’s coming next. “Ah yes,” you think to yourself, “I remember Rose mentioning this one”.

Rose buzzes through on the intercom “Are you ready?” she asks.

“As I’ll ever be!” you reply.

She knocks on the door and as it opens, you and she are almost bowled over by the whirlwind of activity that is your next prospective client.

“Hi, hi! How are you doing?” He asks.

You motion to him to sit, but he show no signs of taking your lead, he seems happy pacing up and down the office.

You take a moment to study him, bronzed skin, closely cropped dark brown hair, brown eyes and a trace of stubble across his chin. He has a rangy body and a grace about his movement that reminds you of the performance of Swan Lake back in Sunset Valley two years ago.

He starts to talk again, his voice a lilting Caribbean accent. “Thanks again for agreeing to meet with me today. I am so excited to finally have somewhere to call home, even if it is going to minuscule!”

You wonder how small he means when he proffers a portfolio to you. Inside are sketches of a modern-looking studio home, the exterior is stucco, the interior post-modern and you have to wonder why on earth he needs an architect when he has these drawings.

“I bet you’re wondering why I need you!” He says echoing your thoughts.

“A little” you admit.

“Well, you see these sketches were completed by my partner, but we had a difference of opinion and decided to go our separate ways. He always said that he wanted to build me a small pad somewhere, where I could go to relax and unwind after a hard day at the studio. Just because he doesn’t want to build it anymore, doesn’t mean I shouldn’t have it, does it?”

“No, of course not,” You say with a smile.

“You mentioned a studio, do you paint?”

“No, I’m a ballet dancer, I’m working with Doug C on a new performance of A Midsummer’s Night Dream. And I want my space darn it! He can’t speak highly enough of you and your little team here, so I thought you would be perfect for me.”

“Mr Marriner.”

“Please, call me Rich.”

He says, still striding around your office.

“OK, Rich, I guess you are looking for a one bedroom build, similar in layout to an apartment.”

“Similar yes, but I most definitely want the exterior to look like a home. I intend to spend a lot of time in the area, if this thing with Doug works out, who knows what may happen next.”

“So, you want a comfy one room home, with all your favourite things within easy reach?” You ask.

“Well, apart from the bathroom, who wants to poop where they eat hey?” He asks with a smile and a twinkle in his eye.

“Of course. Did you have a budget in mind?”

“Nothing too huge, after all, this thing with Doug is at its proposal state right now, it might not ever see the light of day, but I don’t like to dwell on the negative. Let’s say $35,000.”

“It must have somewhere for me to meditate as well, a calm outdoor area maybe?”

“I’m sure we can think of something!”

Shaking hands, he bids you adieu.

You silently send a thought of thanks to whomever it was that was responsible for your previous partnership with Mr Curtis, he certainly sends you his fair share of clients. Though, recently you have started to wonder if he might be holding a slightly ulterior motive.

Brief:
    • Must be built on a 15x20 lot, in whichever world you chose
    • One room, single storey post-modern exterior home (the only area that can be separated is the bathroom)
    • Interior to be no larger than 100 squares total, as a square this would be 10x10, no side can be longer than 10 squares
    • Interior is also to be in the post-modern style
    • Must haves, areas for sleeping, cooking, eating, reading, yoga and meditation.
    • You have a budget of $35,000. The cost of the lot should be included in this total.

Notes: We will need an overhead of your build with gridlines turned on. Your build will not be judged if this requirement is not met.

Sim Challenge: Create Rich Marriner, he is athletic and outgoing, his last trait and his aspiration are up to you.

Room Challenge: No room challenge this time around, as it is only really a one room build.

Due Date: 3rd of Feb 2016
    GArBA5W.jpg
    This new challenge looks like fun. I am confused though....what was with the ballet studio?! Is that the build the other guy is building for him...and he needs this modern house from us?
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

@Steskens Awesome house. :) Loved the slideshow.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

@BuildnShare Like the new challenge! Is $35 000 the Gallery prise? And does it have to be the square 10x10 or just any shape but with 100 tiles? :smiley:
    Any shape, just no more than 100 tiles, and no one wall longer than 10 tiles. You have to include the lot price when building and add it on prior to playtesting, so as not to give yourself an unfair advantage with depreciation :)
    This new challenge looks like fun. I am confused though....what was with the ballet studio?! Is that the build the other guy is building for him...and he needs this modern house from us?
    Worry not about the ballet studio, just a bit of background about our lovely Mr Mariner.
    Oh wow, i just found out that $35000 is a small budget for a modern house.. :cry:
    I'm huge over the budget, even without a small garden/patio.. So I'll enter with an unofficial entry
    Bless you!! Loving the unofficial entry though <3

GArBA5W.jpg
    1 last question @Buildnshare. Does it have to be a square or can it just be a total of 100 squares?
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Oh bugger I started working on challenge 35 yesterday thought I had another week til if finished, oh well will try this new challenge
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Ooo, I LOVE small builds! I might just have to enter this round, it's been awhile since I took on a BnS Challenge. :) Love your entry @steskens, good job! Good luck everyone, can't wait to see what y'all build! <3
    CHALLENGE #: 36 To Sleep Perchance To Dream
    FORUM ID: mommataurus2
    ORIGIN ID: mommataurus2
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Post Modern Studio
    LOT COST: 1500
    BUILD COST: 33607
    TOTAL COST: 35107
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:imgur.com/a/rQTzY
    ENTRY DETAILS: I was inspired by this Post Modern Home that I found on Google.
    sshrLqx.jpg

A tad over budget but I will post it anyway, you can judge it or not @Buildnshare its completely up to you. :) It was a fun build and looked a whole lot better before I had to trim all the decor to try to make budget. :(

yk2ftwp.png

CdzBAnk.png

momma-new-sig-3.gif

• AmyCarolynAmyCarolyn Posts: 303 Member

FORUM ID: amycarolyn
    ORIGIN ID:amyckidwell
    LEVEL: somewhere between starting out and established
    LOT: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/3B2297CCC0B711E58944F0F444F2AC13?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=bns36&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 1,500
    BUILD COST: 32,609
    TOTAL COST: 34,109
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/hIRtn
    ENTRY DETAILS: This build was challenging due to the financial limitations. I feel like I was able to produce a nice build though. There is a big mirror and radio to do yoga in front of inside the loft. In the backyard there is a meditation area with a view of a garden and fountain. Thank you for this challenge!

DX2UtA0.png
    edited January 2016
    FORUM ID: popettypop2012
    ORIGIN ID: popettypop2012
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: Modern home w/Garden
    LINK TO GALLERY: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/8250186FC0CA11E58AAD38A2C276CFFB?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=popettypop2012&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 3,500
    BUILD COST: 30,987
    TOTAL COST: 34,487
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:http://s373.photobucket.com/user/cillaben/slideshow/Small modern
    ENTRY DETAILS: I found it really hard to stick to the budget and had to delete a number of clutter objects but I really had fun with this challenge.
    Space for pictures:
    01-22-16_44918nbspPM_zps6gs63xia.png01-22-16_44630nbspPM_zpsoyyeeu5e.png
    Post edited by popettypop2012 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top