Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disappointed or happy with the game?

Comments

• Options
    TrinityDivineTrinityDivine Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Am I the only one who cares about not being able to play multiple families?
  • Options
    baumansbullbaumansbull Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I like certain aspects of the game, but feel cheated in some ways.
    * I love that I can have a Sim in town & a Sim at home and control both at the same time. I also LOVE that I can select an aging speed.
    * I love the new social interactions & traits
    * I love that everyone has a cell phone in their inventory now, so no more trying to find where I put the phone on the wall.
    * I hate that (from what I can see) the initial clothes I pick for my Sim are the only clothes choices I get for them. No more shopping for clothes and being able to select my sim's kid's clothes, etc. If I am wrong, please tell me how I can get additional clothes for my Sim...it gave my teenager an outfit that I can't stand!
    * I hate that I left my Sims 2 with seasons, pets, vacations, downtown, college, and more, to Sims 3 with stores I can't see the inside of, only a small town to puruse (which gets old very quickly), no pets, no seasons, no college. I feel like I just spent $50 on a starter pack, when other games charge that much for a full game. I understand the intent for bonus packs, but couldn't they come up with new options for the bonus packs and give us a little of what we're used to? It feels so bare bones.
    * I don't like that the game & manual are designed with the assumption that you have purchased the $20 strategy guide, and therefore don't explain some of the actions you need to do. (It took me three days before I figured out why performing in the park was not increasing my sim's performance level. The game and manual don't explain that there is a difference between selecting "Perform" in the park and "Perform" at the Theatre. It also took me forever to figure out how to garden.
    * Opportunities are a great addition to the game, but it would be great if there was a gentle reminder. My sims twice were offered opportunities that had to be done on a later day (offered to see a Saturday game on Tuesday). Since I don't usually have a need to monitor the days of the week, I missed both opportunities.
    All in all the game is enjoable, and has a wealth of opportunity, I just wish that for my $50 it came with a little more now than later.
  • Options
    maddiebellamaddiebella Posts: 392 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Am I the only one who cares about not being able to play multiple families?
    im assuming yes since you can play multiple families.... lol.
  • Options
    maddiebellamaddiebella Posts: 392 New Member
    edited June 2009
    * I hate that (from what I can see) the initial clothes I pick for my Sim are the only clothes choices I get for them. No more shopping for clothes and being able to select my sim's kid's clothes, etc. If I am wrong, please tell me how I can get additional clothes for my Sim...it gave my teenager an outfit that I can't stand!
    click on your dresser and hit plan outfit.
  • Options
    JLAN_MILLERJLAN_MILLER Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I love the game in general but my biggest disappointment is that i can't go any direction with the mouse while i am building a house..I have to either tilt or zoom and it makes everything harder:( I don't know why did they change the mouse control...
  • Options
    Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited June 2009
    SOO ADDICTING!!
    The graphics are amaazzing
    the beautiful neighborhood
    the INTELLIGENT and REALISTIC simmies!!

The cool new traits
    I LOOOVE ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
  • Options
    InvisibleManiacInvisibleManiac Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Terribly disappointed. Game is oversimplified and boring.
    Uninstalling until neighborhood play is returned.
    If that's never, then so be it. EA just lost a customer of twenty+ years.
  • Options
    pandora4copandora4co Posts: 729 Member
    edited June 2009
    I love it.

I love the way you can color customize everything! Except stairs and fences which I hope hope hope changes in the future.
    I am having so much fun with that feature alone!

Customizable sims! We can change hair colors and shoes and socks! Yeah!

I love the open neighborhood.. It's taking a bit of getting used to jugling multiple sims on different ends of the neighborhood when I'm used to seeing them almost all on one screen but I'm getting used to it. :D

All the different things to do! We can garden, read books, fish, to to movies, salons, hike and collect things! Or just have parties or rest at home.

There are so many improvements to the Sims 3 in the base game alone I can not imagine how the game will be after a couple EP's!

My only complaint is lack of basic items like beds, sofas, counters, dressers, ect. And hairstyles.
    But I'm sure that will improve with EP's .
  • Options
    Staple_SaladStaple_Salad Posts: 474 Member
    edited June 2009
    I like it. My sims feel more dynamic and like they actually have personalities.

I also like the new way skill points work, I won't be able to make the perfect sims I used to obsess about, but I like that my sims all have their specialties and I can't mess it up. :P

I also think that the game is a bit easier, but not easier in the way that it becomes unfun to play.

The only thing I'm concerned about is the story progression after reading what it's been doing to some people's games. I wanted to have it turned on to see how the children my sims are having would be on their own, but... I'd rather keep them intact.
  • Options
    LufalinicLufalinic Posts: 62 Member
    edited June 2009
    I love the game in general but my biggest disappointment is that i can't go any direction with the mouse while i am building a house..I have to either tilt or zoom and it makes everything harder:( I don't know why did they change the mouse control...

If you mean that when you hit the edge of the screen it doesn't move, you can turn on Edge Scrolling in the options menu.

I'm a bit disappointed in the Sims 3, but it isn't terrible, I miss a couple things they didn't add, but overall I'm happy with it, just wish they didn't take out the little things in the Sims 2 that would have been easy to add.
  • Options
    carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm totally loving it so far! I have to take a break though right now since I'm doing something for my mom on the same computer. I'm definitely going right back to simming once I'm done though! xD
  • Options
    NotaBeneNotaBene Posts: 460 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I was a little disappointed at first, and a little tentative with all the new controls and icons, but once I got into it, I haven't been able to get enough of it. :D
  • Options
    candyowe19candyowe19 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I am disappointed :cry:. I was so excited and then I got the game the day it was released and by the next day I was totally bored with it. Maybe once the expansion packs come out it will be better.
  • Options
    milounanamilounana Posts: 65 Member
    edited June 2009
    not sure. I am confused more than anything else as I seem to have jumped back in time... this is the sims original. this is what I expected the sims 2 to look like. the characters, the faces, the furniture,the graphics and above all the kids! It's mind blowing! I even remade the same family from 6 years ago! they look identical! this is mad!
  • Options
    RrroseannaRrroseanna Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Overall i like the gam for like creativity like i love it and everything however what i really hate is the change active household and the fact i *** manange my famillies like i used to in sims2 unless i turn ageing completly off!!!!that kinda annoys me as i hate leaving a familly with a baby palyin wit another fam goin abckl to the familly and the baby is like a child! i just think its limited in that area and thta i feel EA only want me to play with one familly
    x
  • Options
    lauw0203lauw0203 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I don't know what to think if I'm honest. I've been playing the sims since the first one came out and I have got most of the expansion packs that go with the games. In some ways im disappointed because after constantly checking the website and looking at things just to quench my thirst for the sims 3, it didn't live up to my expectations. I'm not sure whether to keep the game, or return it and download the sims 2 again that I loved and uninstalled off my computer for the sims 3!

Some aspects of the games such as fishing and being able to run about are really cool, but it just doesn't live up its expectations or the quality of the sims 2. I don't know what to think :(
  • Options
    MzJoHiLL409MzJoHiLL409 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Love the game.. Although its really slow and i it me or does it seem like da game is a tad blurry..like there are too many special effects @ once..mayb its my comp although i have windows vista on a sony vaio..
  • Options
    AmatheyaAmatheya Posts: 39 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Loved TS1, got board of TS2 soooo quickly, love TS3! It's so much more fun, it's more randome, more interesting. I love the fact that I'm no longer locked in a boring drudge of trying to max skills and earn more money than I can sensibly spend. Now I can concentrate on developing relationships and seeing how my sims develop without my micro managing them.
  • Options
    SumthinGd08SumthinGd08 Posts: 52 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I am very happy with the sims 3! i don't find it laggy thank god. It is really fast! I love how there is tasks in the sims 3 makes it so more interesting!
  • Options
    KELLIOT6296KELLIOT6296 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    To be honest I waited so long when EA announced it, and when it finally came out I was so upset when I was having nothing but problems technically it took the fun out of the game having to deal with game crashing mid play and all the hype of more custom, only to find out the sim store and exchange doesn't load properly in the game.

I may just revert to playing sims 2 were I had more building choices and better building functionality. And I can't use full advantage of the great graphics even though my computer out performes and uses Adobe Creative suite but yet my sims 3 crashes on any given moment.

Okay this is just my short version of my rant.... EA should have not released it early they should of worked out the kinks. Remember not everyone can afford million dollar computer state of the art programs. Not all computers behave the same they should have better bench mark testings and kinks worked out. $80 is pretty stiff price to have a program acts like a door stop than a application works properly.
  • Options
    atv1337atv1337 Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Not too bad not too great

I'm hoping that they make expansions for animals but the expansion I'm really hoping for is more towns I know we have riverview but I want more of a type of themed towns maybe a town of aliens where they have green skin.
    I'm also hoping that with the animal expansion you can take wild animals into your homes and make them pets, take to some science place, or even make a zoo!
    I was really sad when I noticed that there was only one town besides riverview so but I like stealing stuff in other houses in this game :twisted: :twisted:
  • Options
    katieann92katieann92 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I love the game. I haven't experienced any problems with story progression yet, so no complaints there. I'm just disappointed with how crappy my computer is. :(
  • Options
    Arale130Arale130 Posts: 82 New Member
    edited June 2009
    why If i play a family # 1 that had a baby and i named it brandon but then i play family # 2 and i look around the town wit family # 2 then the baby's name changes to something i didnt name it. But if i got back to Family # 1 then it has the name i have?
  • Options
    MerlyMerly Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I absolutely love the game! We recently upgraded our video card and bought more ram. It runs smoothly, very fluid and am having no problems. I think many of those who are having problems just need a better video card or a faster computer that can handle the game.
  • Options
    Spithead39Spithead39 Posts: 102 Member
    edited June 2009

You can't move with the mouse - you are suppose to use the arrow keys on your keyboard. The same way you move around the neighborhood. It's in the tutorial.