Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update to Sims 3 on Origin + CAW

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2016
    Simiirae wrote: »
    @igazor - took your advice. went slow, cleared cache and added back in No Intro and No Build Sparkles, loaded game and did a test run and game ran smoothly. Then added in the censor filter remover thing from the site you linked and game runs fine. Then tried to reinstall Mesa Grande with it's custom content mod and played for a few hours in edit world and CAS and games running smoothly. I think I'm going to try to reinstall one of my CAW worlds and see how it goes from there but thank you for the help! I'll live without the other mods I had because I'd rather not have my Sim game crash out and die again lol.
    Still not sure what the original problem was, but glad this helped. It only takes one "bad" or stubborn file to goof up the whole works. Sorry to have turned this into a support thread, didn't mean to hijack. We can all go back to complaining now. :p
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Sorry to have turned this into a support thread, didn't mean to hijack. We can all go back to complaining now. :p

LOL! ;) Honestly, I see nothing wrong with helping each others out... That's the very purpose of community!

Speaking of which, we could use more folks complaining! ;)
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    edited January 2016
    Lexers615 wrote: »
    Sorry to have turned this into a support thread, didn't mean to hijack. We can all go back to complaining now. :p

LOL! ;) Honestly, I see nothing wrong with helping each others out... That's the very purpose of community!

Speaking of which, we could use more folks complaining! ;)
    Personally, I have zero complaints with this update.

Ofc, I haven’t done it... which probably explains why. :lol:

To those having issues—I hope you can get things resolved.

To Origin—Neener-neener! :p
    Post edited by starguru on
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    The only issue I had with the update is the notice being glitched with nowhere to click to get the update and I ccouldn't even care less if it continued to happen since I intend to stay patched to 167.I can still run and play my game and have to watch that I pause it opten enough or miss getting shots of important events.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • becstar732becstar732 Posts: 265 Member
    i can't play at all. i can't even get into the launcher!
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    becstar732 wrote: »

Did you try moving your Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts ?
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited January 2016
    Karritz wrote: »
    becstar732 wrote: »

Did you try moving your Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts ?

They are on windows 10 and have a thread going in tech
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    @igazor -

A few of the what I call "the basics" mods I had that worked on 1.67 that don't seem to be working on 1.69:
    Let's start with NoIntro and NoBuildSparkles. Those are two simple script mods for testing that come automatically with the framework provided by MTS. There is no reason for them not to work on 1.69.

What can happen, though, is that one or more misbehaving package files can block everything else that would have loaded afterwards. What I would do is start with just those two in the Mods/Packages folder, clear caches, and test. If they work, then start adding the others back in very small batches, testing each time.

If NoIntro and NoSparkles alone, with caches cleared, do not work then I'm sorry but something else is wrong and I would revert to a clean TS3 game folder by pulling the current one out of Documents to the Desktop thus forcing the game to create a new one on the next launch, re-doing the framework on the new game folder, and starting over.

In my case, those 2 package files didn't make any issues while I was on 1.69 patch. Even 1.63 version of MC mod worked perfectly. :)

• lea_ahmed563lea_ahmed563 Posts: 1 New Member
    I did update my sims 3 to 1.69 but my caw is still not working. I tried download your link but my computer say that the file is damage and can't run it... Also wondering why we can't just download the new caw or update it from thesims3.com . I hope you guys will fix that. I don't like downloading nowhere links from forums!
  • Only1whtrbbtOnly1whtrbbt Posts: 1,466 Member
    So why don't all EP's saty checked? Yes, my PC can run all the EP's at once so, TS3 launcher, I would very much appreciate you leaving ALL the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 boxes checked. It takes a good 5 minutes (about 8minutes when you include all the Launcher start-up etc) to load a game. To finally get in only to have a pop up notification tell me "some items have been replaced" and have to exit out and start the whole process again is infuriating.
    So why don't all EP's saty checked? Yes, my PC can run all the EP's at once so, TS3 launcher, I would very much appreciate you leaving ALL the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 boxes checked. It takes a good 5 minutes (about 8minutes when you include all the Launcher start-up etc) to load a game. To finally get in only to have a pop up notification tell me "some items have been replaced" and have to exit out and start the whole process again is infuriating.

I doubt they will ever make it easy to load a game. This seems to have been the point of the exercise and this is why I have avoided updating.

I thought it would take me too long to load a game with all the extra check boxes and having to load Origin and the launcher every time. Apparently anyone who manages to check a few of the boxes then gets told they'd have a better experience if they only loaded one EP each time.

If I ever got this update by accident or force I would have to give up on playing Sims games altogether - which would probably be a good thing considering all the other things I could be doing and am neglecting when I play this game.

I have Sims 4 base game but obviously can't load it any more due to having to avoid launching Origin in case they add another trap to force this new patch on anyone who has avoided it so far.
  • thejmobilethejmobile Posts: 20 Member
    I'm so so glad to have CAW back.. I was in the middle of creating a world when the origin update came out and stopped CAW working... However.. i have installed the latest update from origin, and then re-installed the newest CAW, but none of my custom content is showing up in CAW.. not even any of the items from EA worlds such as Monte Vista.. Anyone got any ideas why?
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    So not a happy camper at all. Haven't played Sims 3 in a while and decided to load my game up last week. BAM Origin did an autoupdate to 1.69 as soon as I started to open the launcher. I figured aww crap here we go with updates and proceeded to try and play my game. I have the base game, World Adventures, Ambitions and Late Night. Game loaded up until the select a saved game/world and then bam black screen/game crashed. Restarted and bam game crashed. Finally looked online and realized that the patch 1.69 is like a gamers worst "blue screen of death" experience. I uninstalled my mods which really sucked because I have always since I began playing Sims 3 back in 2011/2012 have used mods.

Restarted my game, got past the loading screen, started a new game, went in to Create a Sim and bam black screen/game crashed. Restarted, chose one of my custom install worlds and it crashed a few seconds after hitting play. This happened a few times. So I uninstalled every piece of non EA Game Store custom content and tried to play again. Game continued to crash. A few days of this and everything crashing, uninstalling stuff and still having issues of not being able to play.

So I figured I'd uninstall everything seeing as how I'd lost all of my nifty stuff already and that I'd reinstall and not let the game update past 1.67.

Origin reinstalled everything and I had no choice to "not update" because it automatically installed at 1.69 without "updating". I log in to the game and ran a few test runs and everything worked. Although I have this weird Adventureland world that is the exact copy of Sunset Valley just with all of the Sunset Valley people gone and 2 single weird dressed in World Adventure clothes people in it.

I reinstalled all of my EA Store items/worlds and did a test run for an entire day and the games runs fine. Have slowly after 3 days of researching for old custom content clothes/eyes/hair/shoes/accessories and installed the bare minimum of like 30 items that I just couldn't do without and game continues to run/play just fine. Downloaded a few premade Sims from the Exchange that I had installed before and game continues to run fine.

But I can't reinstall any of the mods I had because no ones updating them to work with the game at 1.69 and I can't reinstall ANY of the custom worlds I've built or the custom worlds that I had that others built because I tried and bam it crashes my game again. Uninstalled the worlds and mods and game runs just fine.

I can do without my mods, I don't like to, but I can play without them. But when is the CAW/Costumed Worlds going to be fully fixed so that I can reinstall them because no offense but Riverview isn't much fun, Sunset Valley gets boring, Twinbrook isn't my style and Bridgeport is too cluttered. Because as of today at 10am EST this morning no customed user made worlds works with the game at 1.69

@Simiirae Twin Towns runs impeccably...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    edited January 2016
    the site is getting
    Post edited by cheifeagleeye on
    @Simiirae no one is updating mods because nothing in the game changed and only core mods need updating.

There aren't many core mods and the few I've seen are being updated.

Then only core mod most people have installed from NRAAS is Error Trap. The only problem with Error Trap is it compares the patch number and if it gets a different number it puts up a message that you can click through and the mod will then run fine. However, NRAAS are updating Error Trap constantly each time EA releases a new patch.

There are a few other core mods but not many.
  • SimiiraeSimiirae Posts: 8 New Member
    > @jillbg said: Twin Towns runs impeccably...

what is Twin Towns?

> @Karritz said: no one is updating mods because nothing in the game changed and only core mods need updating.

My game updated with all of my mods and custom content still loaded, that seems to have messed up my game. But I've added back in a few mods, some custom content and the worlds I had loaded before and so far I haven't had any issues at all. Before now I hadn't had any NRAAS mods of content in my game, had mods from off MTS.
    @Simiirae Twin Towns is a world I've created, it runs impeccably on 1.69. Link here if you want to check it out.
    NymlADp.jpg
  • SimiiraeSimiirae Posts: 8 New Member
    @jillbg

it looks really awesome, but I don't have all of the expansion packs or worlds so I wouldn't be able to install and play it the way it's created. If you ever create a Lite version of the world with less expansion packs required I'd definitely give it a go but as of right now I only have WA, Amb and LN expansion packs loaded, and then the base worlds (Sunset Valley, Bridgeport, and Twinbrook), Riverview and Midnight Hollow loaded.
    @Simiirae I'm glad you like Twin Towns. I guess it's better with all the expansions, but the items will just be replaced...
    Try out Nilxis worlds, I'm currently playing Ziwa Bonde and it's good on 1.69 too.
    NymlADp.jpg
    > @jillbg said: Twin Towns runs impeccably...

what is Twin Towns?

> @Karritz said: no one is updating mods because nothing in the game changed and only core mods need updating.

My game updated with all of my mods and custom content still loaded, that seems to have messed up my game. But I've added back in a few mods, some custom content and the worlds I had loaded before and so far I haven't had any issues at all. Before now I hadn't had any NRAAS mods of content in my game, had mods from off MTS.

Twin Towns is a custom world made by @jillbg

Whenever you add a patch or expansion or stuff pack there is a potential for your user data to become corrupt. If it does become corrupt your game won't run.

You find your user data in The Sims 3 folder that is in My Documents\Electronic Arts

The way to stop it from becoming corrupt when you update is to temporarily move that Sims 3 folder to your desktop (or somewhere safe) and then update. After updating you can move The Sims 3 folder back to where it belongs and all should be good.
  • vampydude2006vampydude2006 Posts: 5 New Member
    @SimGuruDrake I have done the installation for all the stuff I have in regards to sims 3, but after starting up the launcher my ambitions expansion doesn't show up, yet on origin it says its installed, what gives?
  • meSimobmeSimob Posts: 1 New Member
    This is ridiculous, since the changes to caw have Happened I have been unable to edit in game, export or save worlds. Is there any solution to this. will EA have an update to fix this problem. Why couldn't they leave TS3 out of origin like before! I am going crazy trying to find a fix for this and can't find it anywhere.
  • FedericoFederico Posts: 214 Member
    @SimGuruDrake ,can you please tell us something about the failure of EIG? It's very frustrating...
    Thank you for your answer.
  • SovazSovaz Posts: 51 Member
    Since being forced to v1.69 on Sims 3, I have had to uninstall the old CAW & have now installed the v1.69 CAW, & just like with The Sims 3, FPS Limiter & Freebooter don't work.

I then attempted to turn Vertical Sync On via nVidia Control Panel. I have it set to On both globally & for specific games, including CAW.exe. However, it has no effect & CAW is running at 3000+ FPS, which would destroy my computer. I recall that TS3.exe responds to the VSync setting only is played fullscreen, but CAW is windowed. I looked but did not find a fullscreen option for CAW.

Apologies for posting this in this thread, but it was the most relevant one I could find. I don't see any options to start new threads - is it because I'm new to the forums?
  • fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member
    edited February 2016
    Here's likely why you can't start a new thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-what-we-know/p1
    It might be better to ask your CAW question in the "Technical Discussions" as it relates to running the program, if you can find a similar thread. Good luck!
    Post edited by fxchrfxchr on
    Firby nurbs!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top