Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update to Sims 3 on Origin + CAW

Comments

• LadyhiggsLadyhiggs Posts: 29 Member
    With this new update I am still get the pop up , and now I can not send out gifts says my game is not registered it registered any help would be appreciated
  • becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    Ladyhiggs wrote: »
    With this new update I am still get the pop up , and now I can not send out gifts says my game is not registered it registered any help would be appreciated

Yes, I'm having this issue as well. I was hoping it had gotten better, but it seems that quite a few people are having this issues (on the TS3 My Page section). Really kind of bites because I like the feature.
  • takeitishtakeitish Posts: 1 New Member
    edited January 2016
    REALLY REALLY REALLY 🐸🐸🐸🐸 OFF! Once again my game is messed up. I have all the expansion but show time. I only download Maxis item no user made items and or hacks and once again my game is completely hosed. Every time I start the game by clicking on Future it instead open with the basic game and I can't play any of my previously played/saved games because it doesn't see them or can't open them. This is the second time this BS has happened and I have come to the conclusions that EA game purposely send out corrupted items to destroy your game in an effort to frustrate you to the point your purchase the new game they have come up with. AKA Sims 4. This happens way too often each time you revamp your games to just be a coincidence. This is intentional. You have done it since the Sims 1. I am DONE! I will not be purchasing anymore of your product as it has just become a trap!
  • sljensen63sljensen63 Posts: 12 New Member
    he new update totally messed up my Sims 3. An existing game totally won't start anymore (says it's missing packs, which it is not). Worked one day, then after the update... nothing. Also, now the game will not load or even install sims3pack files. I've had to clear out my \docs\EA\Sims 3\ directory, saving my games and mods, then start over. After a couple days it's shot again, and I have to try to start again... they did something to totally screw it up.
    And, it didn't fix the pop-up.. just messed up the loading of the game and my saved game. making backups of everything after every Successful play now.
    > @sljensen63 said:
    > he new update totally messed up my Sims 3. An existing game totally won't start anymore (says it's missing packs, which it is not). Worked one day, then after the update... nothing. Also, now the game will not load or even install sims3pack files. I've had to clear out my \docs\EA\Sims 3\ directory, saving my games and mods, then start over. After a couple days it's shot again, and I have to try to start again... they did something to totally screw it up.
    > And, it didn't fix the pop-up.. just messed up the loading of the game and my saved game. making backups of everything after every Successful play now.

I have now totally reinstalled Sims 3 entirely.. Funny how the actual directory structure under program files has completely changed in only a few months since I re-installed when I installed Win10. EA is making these changes, restructuring, and not truly testing. Installing sims3pack files from the launcher works for a few items. Then nothing, as it never gets past it's little black screen, hits about 245mb in memory used, then doesn't respond. Also, whatever change they made add Sever lag in the game. Going into CAS outfits take about 2m to load in a single category(no interaction during that time). Then coming out of CAS, the refresh of the current location? takes about 30s to refresh the furniture and objects.. What did you do EA??? Forcing us to go the the lame Sims 4??
  • fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member
    "Forcing us to go the the lame Sims 4??"

I understand your frustration but the intended purpose of these changes is to get everything onto Origin (worlds, Simpoints, etc) and they are doing a very bad job of it judging by the issues people are having. They should have made the last update optional but if you have updating set to automatic in the Launcher or Origin you will end up with the latest update unfortunately.

Firby nurbs!
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    fxchrfxchr wrote: »

I understand your frustration but the intended purpose of these changes is to get everything onto Origin [...]

Actually, I think @sljensen63 theory is plausible and not unlikely, and I've talked with couple other players who came to that conclusion as well, that current updates are a chain intended to wrap it up, and make us move to TS4. Some refer to it as sabotage, but I rather see this as EA stopping service without giving us a fair warning first.
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    Lexers615 wrote: »

I understand your frustration but the intended purpose of these changes is to get everything onto Origin [...]

Actually, I think @sljensen63 theory is plausible and not unlikely, and I've talked with couple other players who came to that conclusion as well, that current updates are a chain intended to wrap it up, and make us move to TS4. Some refer to it as sabotage, but I rather see this as EA stopping service without giving us a fair warning first.

Unfortunately it woks both ways, what about those of us that have Ts4, and are not happy with the game, now we moving back to TS3. . . now we can't cause it's been borked.

• yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited January 2016
    takeitish wrote: »
    REALLY REALLY REALLY 🐸🐸🐸🐸 OFF! Once again my game is messed up. I have all the expansion but show time. I only download Maxis item no user made items and or hacks and once again my game is completely hosed. Every time I start the game by clicking on Future it instead open with the basic game and I can't play any of my previously played/saved games because it doesn't see them or can't open them. This is the second time this BS has happened and I have come to the conclusions that EA game purposely send out corrupted items to destroy your game in an effort to frustrate you to the point your purchase the new game they have come up with. AKA Sims 4. This happens way too often each time you revamp your games to just be a coincidence. This is intentional. You have done it since the Sims 1. I am DONE! I will not be purchasing anymore of your product as it has just become a trap!

You DO have the option to reinstall the game up to 1.67 i.e. excluding the last 2 recent updates EA put out for the base game and all EPs. But this assumes you have a retail game disk version before 2011? 2012? Can't remember the cutoff date but it was right around when LN came out. If you bought an original 2009 disk, you're in luck.

Backup your save games and reinstall the game with all EPs up to 1.67. Then use a super patch utility like FordGT90Concepts utility patcher over at MTS here to completely patch your game. Get the superpatch utility at MTS here:

http://modthesims.info/d/409829

I and some 185,194 grateful simmers have been faithfully using this over at MTS and NEVER had any issues (unlike EA's unreliable and buggy patch utility via the broken launcher). Once your game is patched up, just bypass the launcher by making a direct shortcut on your desktop to the TS3W.exe.

To launch your game, just double click the TS3W.exe on your desktop and profit.

You may also wish to consider installing Twallan's utility mods like Overwatch, SP, Debug Enabler and Error Trap while you're at it. It will allow your game to run smoothly AND save you a considerable migraine in the future.
  • yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Haiden wrote: »

Unfortunately it woks both ways, what about those of us that have Ts4, and are not happy with the game, now we moving back to TS3. . . now we can't cause it's been borked.
    Given EA's historical competency in borking patch updates, and if this is the common sentiment among TS4 players, then Grant R's prophecy may very well come true. There won't be a TS5.......

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    Haiden wrote: »

I think I read somewhere that you are supposed to learn to like Sims 4.

I don't play Sims 4 any more and have so far avoided patch 1.69. It seems the only way to avoid it in future is to uninstall Origin and give up on Sims 4 altogether.

I don't understand why the are so absolutely determined that they are going to FORCE EVERYONE playing Sims 3 on a PC to get the patch. The only reason I can come up with in my own mind is they can see how much it is annoying everyone and they really want to annoy everyone who still plays Sims 3.
    Karritz wrote: »
    I don't understand why the are so absolutely determined that they are going to FORCE EVERYONE playing Sims 3 on a PC to get the patch. The only reason I can come up with in my own mind is they can see how much it is annoying everyone and they really want to annoy everyone who still plays Sims 3.

That the very essence of spam... At some point, some of us will just toss the towel and "give it a try". As I previously said, so far, I paid more than CAN$600 for the whole game, so they are hoping to make some more out of me...
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    Karritz wrote: »

That the very essence of spam... At some point, some of us will just toss the towel and "give it a try". As I previously said, so far, I paid more than CAN$600 for the whole game, so they are hoping to make some more out of me...

I have the Sims 4 Base Game Collectors Edition.

I am NOT prepared to FORCE myself to enjoy playing it. Life is too short and I have other things to do. If they destroy Sims 3 for me then I'll probably revert to playing Caveland on one of my old PCs.
  • TimevesselTimevessel Posts: 95 Member
    Caveland? What is that, Karritz? Do you know who makes it or any other info to find a copy to purchase? Thanks.
    edited January 2016
    Timevessel wrote: »
    Caveland? What is that, Karritz? Do you know who makes it or any other info to find a copy to purchase? Thanks.

It is a REALLY old game that doesn't run well on Windows 7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biI-nNHRSHk

I don't remember who made it.

I'm pretty sure you can't buy it any more.

It's a strategy game. You start with a few dwarfs and they multiply. You have to build them houses and grow food.

They do the work. The more you have the more work gets done.

You have gardeners and diggers. They usually start out as being undefined and you have to build a factory to make watering cans and picks and they choose one or the other to become a gardener or digger.

All varieties can build.

Your diggers dig tunnels and build bridges and ladders as they look for spaces to build in and tombs to search for plans to build factories, storehouses and houses to live in.

The game ends when they have found all the pieces to the secret door and then it is safe to let them go to the surface.
    I'm into nostalgiaware as well... :)
    My Studio
    ______
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    > @yoshi_dragur2012 said:

> You DO have the option to reinstall the game up to 1.67 i.e. excluding the last 2 recent updates EA put out for the base game and all EPs. But this assumes you have a retail game disk version before 2011? 2012? Can't remember the cutoff date but it was right around when LN came out. If you bought an original 2009 disk, you're in luck.
    >
    > Backup your save games and reinstall the game with all EPs up to 1.67. Then use a super patch utility like FordGT90Concepts utility patcher over at MTS here to completely patch your game. Get the superpatch utility at MTS here:
    >

> I and some 185,194 grateful simmers have been faithfully using this over at MTS and NEVER had any issues (unlike EA's unreliable and buggy patch utility via the broken launcher). Once your game is patched up, just bypass the launcher by making a direct shortcut on your desktop to the TS3W.exe.
    >
    > To launch your game, just double click the TS3W.exe on your desktop and profit.
    >
    > You may also wish to consider installing Twallan's utility mods like Overwatch, SP, Debug Enabler and Error Trap while you're at it. It will allow your game to run smoothly AND save you a considerable migraine in the future.

I have all of Twallan's utilities, but they don't seem to fix the current version.. not much help..
    BUT, I do have the original CD, and may go back to reinstall using this, then utilizing the patch utility as I get the EP's put back in place. And not allow the game to be updated past 1.67..
    There was an update in Dec. '15, but that didn't seem to hurt the game. The one here in Jan. killed it.
    So, taking your advice and starting over the right way.
    Thanks!
  • jusMehjusMeh Posts: 424 Member
    edited January 2016
    I refuse to update as well. I never use the Internet wi-fi with the computer on which I play Sims 3; this helps avoid unnecessary lag during gameplay and carries zero risk of getting malware or "spyware" - such as Origin and/or its unneeded updates. :D
  • LieseMietzeLieseMietze Posts: 74 Member
    I agree with all of you, as far as if concerns EA's and Origin's habits. But at this point I still don't believe it has been messed up by purpose, thinking more of incomptence.
    What has been by purpose, is to get their fingers onto our game. But for me, I can say, I buyed every Disc with my hard earned money and can't see, why Origin has to grab at it. I did that 1.69 Update unfortunately and am too lazy, to reinstall my game, as long as it runs. But I always stayed logged and they frequently logged me out. When I start the launcher, I have to do all settings on my Ep's again and click install. Then they show up in Origin and I can play without missing any Ep. With that, the problem with the ingame-gift is solved either. Till next time. I can say that much, if they won't fix the exchange, I deinstall and reinstall to 1.67 and forget about Origin, EA and especially sims 4. Greetings from Germany. Happy day everyone.
  • fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member
    Having the same problem, can't send gifts, use the SimPort. It says that I need to register the game, which is already done.

Also, I don't like the new launcher. I can understand when people want to use less expansions, but it always unchek my selection and yesterday I started a save with only the base game. Had a pop-up saying that there were objects replaced, but didn't understand why and just played... Then saved before leaving my desktop... When I came back I saw that the life aspiration of my Sim was empty, but too late, I did save everything :'(
    Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme
  • SimiiraeSimiirae Posts: 8 New Member
    So not a happy camper at all. Haven't played Sims 3 in a while and decided to load my game up last week. BAM Origin did an autoupdate to 1.69 as soon as I started to open the launcher. I figured aww crap here we go with updates and proceeded to try and play my game. I have the base game, World Adventures, Ambitions and Late Night. Game loaded up until the select a saved game/world and then bam black screen/game crashed. Restarted and bam game crashed. Finally looked online and realized that the patch 1.69 is like a gamers worst "blue screen of death" experience. I uninstalled my mods which really sucked because I have always since I began playing Sims 3 back in 2011/2012 have used mods.

Restarted my game, got past the loading screen, started a new game, went in to Create a Sim and bam black screen/game crashed. Restarted, chose one of my custom install worlds and it crashed a few seconds after hitting play. This happened a few times. So I uninstalled every piece of non EA Game Store custom content and tried to play again. Game continued to crash. A few days of this and everything crashing, uninstalling stuff and still having issues of not being able to play.

So I figured I'd uninstall everything seeing as how I'd lost all of my nifty stuff already and that I'd reinstall and not let the game update past 1.67.

Origin reinstalled everything and I had no choice to "not update" because it automatically installed at 1.69 without "updating". I log in to the game and ran a few test runs and everything worked. Although I have this weird Adventureland world that is the exact copy of Sunset Valley just with all of the Sunset Valley people gone and 2 single weird dressed in World Adventure clothes people in it.

I reinstalled all of my EA Store items/worlds and did a test run for an entire day and the games runs fine. Have slowly after 3 days of researching for old custom content clothes/eyes/hair/shoes/accessories and installed the bare minimum of like 30 items that I just couldn't do without and game continues to run/play just fine. Downloaded a few premade Sims from the Exchange that I had installed before and game continues to run fine.

But I can't reinstall any of the mods I had because no ones updating them to work with the game at 1.69 and I can't reinstall ANY of the custom worlds I've built or the custom worlds that I had that others built because I tried and bam it crashes my game again. Uninstalled the worlds and mods and game runs just fine.

I can do without my mods, I don't like to, but I can play without them. But when is the CAW/Costumed Worlds going to be fully fixed so that I can reinstall them because no offense but Riverview isn't much fun, Sunset Valley gets boring, Twinbrook isn't my style and Bridgeport is too cluttered. Because as of today at 10am EST this morning no customed user made worlds works with the game at 1.69
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2016
    @Simiirae - I can't speak to your custom world issue, but I do know that EA released a new version of CAW to work with 1.69 a couple of weeks ago as linked to on the first page of this thread. No help?

Mods and CC are non-issues. With the exception of core mods, if a mod was designed for or works on 1.67, it will work on 1.69. The new patch changes nothing about game play, just the way in which the game starts up.

Core mods are special and have to account for the exact build number of the patch level being played or else they will throw a scary core version mismatch error upon startup. If having moved up to 1.69 is the only reason for getting the mismatch warning, it is fine to hit continue and play through that.

But TS3 core mods are rare. There are only around 6 core mods in common usage:

NRaas ErrorTrap - New version for 1.69 is available*
    NRaas UntranslatedKey - No new version, but this is mainly for developers
    CMarNYC's XCAS - New version for 1.69 is available

Awesome - They appear to be ignoring the whole thing

Consort's Grow and Fitness mods - No new version, but he hadn't updated them for 1.67 either so this isn't any different than before

*Since ErrorTrap is still in live development, as most all NRaas mods are, future version releases of ET will include 1.67 and 1.69 versions in parallel.

There may be others, you may have something obscure we don't know about, but the thousands of other mods out there are not core mods and not affected by the new patch, nor are other forms of CC.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited January 2016
    @igazor -

A few of the what I call "the basics" mods I had that worked on 1.67 that don't seem to be working on 1.69:
    no mosaic
    no intro
    no build sparkles
    2 mods for custom sliders
    realistic cars mod
    cigarettes mod

And for the customed worlds, I refuse to rebuild the 2 worlds I custom designed with the new CAW because I just don't have time to mess with them again.

And then the 2 main custom worlds that I loved playing with, Mesa Grande and Bridgewood, both by aaronrogers8i3, that have mod'd files for the custom content are not working at all with 1.69 for me. Have reinstalled them and the game crashes.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2016
    Simiirae wrote: »
    @igazor -

A few of the what I call "the basics" mods I had that worked on 1.67 that don't seem to be working on 1.69:
    Let's start with NoIntro and NoBuildSparkles. Those are two simple script mods for testing that come automatically with the framework provided by MTS. There is no reason for them not to work on 1.69.

What can happen, though, is that one or more misbehaving package files can block everything else that would have loaded afterwards. What I would do is start with just those two in the Mods/Packages folder, clear caches, and test. If they work, then start adding the others back in very small batches, testing each time.

If NoIntro and NoSparkles alone, with caches cleared, do not work then I'm sorry but something else is wrong and I would revert to a clean TS3 game folder by pulling the current one out of Documents to the Desktop thus forcing the game to create a new one on the next launch, re-doing the framework on the new game folder, and starting over.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    @igazor - took your advice. went slow, cleared cache and added back in No Intro and No Build Sparkles, loaded game and did a test run and game ran smoothly. Then added in the censor filter remover thing from the site you linked and game runs fine. Then tried to reinstall Mesa Grande with it's custom content mod and played for a few hours in edit world and CAS and games running smoothly. I think I'm going to try to reinstall one of my CAW worlds and see how it goes from there but thank you for the help! I'll live without the other mods I had because I'd rather not have my Sim game crash out and die again lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top