Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Pets

I was reading this article (link at the bottom) about how the next Sims expansion pack might be Sims 4 Pets! I have been sooo excited for Pets in the Sims 4 so I really hope it is. One user mentioned these ideas and I think they are amazing so I wanted to share them with you.

"MORE WILD ANIMALS
we’ve all seen a deer once or twice in the sims 3 and a few wild horses
but what about bears or wolves? They don’t attack you unless you provoke it and have the attacks like in sims 2 where its just a bunch of smoke and funny hitting
no one dies

add a few nature reserves or nature trails where you can see deer, rabbits, foxes, etc
maybe a few bears xD

Have new careers like breeders and pet stores (as an addition for those who have the latest EP) or online catalogs where you can buy things for your furry friends
Honestly things like that would be amazing and open more opportunities for gameplay staying interesting
Maybe you have a rodent infestation in your house from being a slobby sim…"

I think adding these ideas to Pets would be brilliant, I can't wait to see what they do with it...

What things do you think would make the Sims 4 Pets expansion pack better?

http://www.inquisitr.com/2025147/the-sims-4-pets-is-ea-already-hinting-at-the-next-expansion-pack/

Comments

• pixel_leeepixel_leee Posts: 234 Member
    I think your ideas are great! Only thing is maybe we could tame said wild animals because I personally would love a deer or racoon as a pet hehe. I would just love cats, dogs, rodents/reptiles and horses again!
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited July 2015
    If they add small pets that can be picked up and carried around while they still haven't bothered to finish off the characters that the game is based around (humanoid sims) by adding toddlers, I'm going to be so angry.... and I'm sure I won't be the only angry one.

So yeah, I think a pets expansion could really be made better by having some adorable moments between pets and young sims. Like... you know toddlers cuddling with dogs and cats.
  • sidettisidetti Posts: 42 Member
    Community lots centered around animals would be cool, maybe a Zoo you can take your partner to on a date, or a pet store. An aquarium would also be cool! I also think they should totally bring back horses, they were so fun. As far as horses go, they could have 2 skills - English and Western riding, because they are quite different. They were a bit jumbled together in TS3.
  • Otterz77Otterz77 Posts: 4 New Member
    I can't wait for TS4 pets. They had way better expansion packs in TS3. Like the 'Get Together' expansion pack? I mean, it looks fun, but, the game is already about young adults partying all the time.
  • DeidraAnnDeidraAnn Posts: 2 New Member
    edited January 2016
    I'd love for them to keep dogs, cats and horses but also add farm animals like cows, pigs and chickens. Also making wild animals adoptable would be awesome.

Although thinking about it now dogs, cats and horse are common on farms so it could be like The Sims 4 Farm Life haha idk
  • ToastyChanToastyChan Posts: 153 Member
    Adding more wild animals would be really cool especially if we get different wild animals in different worlds (if there'll ever be a vacation EP they could for example add Elephants in an india inspired world or something)
    "I've always loved the M35-Mako. It's got a heart, you know?" - James Vega

Simblr: witchybot.tumblr.com
    EA ID: KaKaPeuPeu
  • Megga_SimmerMegga_Simmer Posts: 6 New Member
    I think this is an awesome idea! I loved the pets in 3 and its one of the reasons I keep falling back to Sims 3. They can take a lot of what their consumers say and make this pack so well. I just hope they don't try to rush it and cut corners :neutral:
  • TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited January 2016
    I'd like to see our current TS4 Create a Sim have the same functionality for Pets.

Short Tails, Long Tails, Curly Tails, Bob Tails.

Different Types of Fur Patterns, like: Husky, Calico, Striped, Doberman, etc.

Fatness and Fitness sliders for Dogs and Cats alike. Able to adjust their body proportions, such as their Skull Size, Torso width, and Leg width.

Eye colors, Ear Types, Moulding facial structures(like Sims), Tail Fluffiness, Coat Hair Length, Coat Color Presets, Coat Patern Presets, Vocal Customization.

Able to create Dogs and Puppies, as well as Cats and Kittens, able to create offspring in Play with Genetics to foresee the combinations of the parent/s. :)

Edit: Almost forgot Collars and possible clothing for our pets!
    edited January 2016
    That would be really cute especially if dogs get to wear tiny coats when they go outside in the rain (if we get season of course) haha!

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    There is one problem to Sims 4 Get Pets, and that is that there can only be eight members to a household in the game. So if a player is already playing with eight member in their household. Then they would be left out on adding pets to their household. They would actually have to start a new game with their family to allow room for pets. Unless a modder comes up with a mod that will allow them to have more than eight members to a household.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    There is one problem to Sims 4 Get Pets, and that is that there can only be eight members to a household in the game. So if a player is already playing with eight member in their household. Then they would be left out on adding pets to their household. They would actually have to start a new game with their family to allow room for pets. Unless a modder comes up with a mod that will allow them to have more than eight members to a household.

Sims 3's household cap of 8 went up with the Pets EP to allow 2 pets above the cap, for a max of 10. Not sure why you wouldn't think the same thing possible for Sims 4?

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited January 2016

In TS3 (and I believe TS2, too) the household size was increased to ten members per household. However you could still only have up to 8 sims or 6 pets.

• TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    ToastyChan wrote: »
    That would be really cute especially if dogs get to wear tiny coats when they go outside in the rain (if we get season of course) haha!

That's adorable! Tiny coats on chihuahuas! :)
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member

Sims 3's household cap of 8 went up with the Pets EP to allow 2 pets above the cap, for a max of 10. Not sure why you wouldn't think the same thing possible for Sims 4?
    I was talking about now in the game. But they can raise the number of household members allowed for each family to ten or even fifteen or twenty members per household at anytime if they want. But I think that anything over ten is a bit excessive. I was speaking that if they didn't changed the number of family members allowed per household when I had said that. Which I'm pretty sure that they'll come up with something for this. Then it would be a problem for those players that are already playing a household that has a maxed number members allowed. And even then, even if the number of household members stay at eight. Those players can hopefully still move some members out that can live on their own, and create pets for them and the new household. What I meant by it being a problem is if things remain unchanged.

• Sandy5568Sandy5568 Posts: 2 New Member
    I defenitely want horses back in the sims 4 pets (if there is one!) Hopefully Dressage maybe and a canter speed horse shows.
  • Sandy5568Sandy5568 Posts: 2 New Member
    It would be awesome if horses could have actual coats in the snow if they do a seasons pack!
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    I would love to see pet life states, such as the witch's familiar and the unicorn, return.
  • fakefake Posts: 613 Member
    Claire the Bear in The Sims 4 Pets Expansion Pack Pet Dog And Cat And Parrot Bunny Womrat in The Sims 4 Pets With wild animals With Fox And Deer And Claire The Bear The Sims 4 Pets Expansion Pack Now With New forest With Wild Animals in The Sims 4 Pets Expansion Pack With New Life State is Imaginary Friend Baby Play Toy Imaginary Friend Doll Baby to Child Imaginary Friend became to Life As The Sims 3 Generations Child Go to junior wizard Make Imaginary Friend Potion click on offer to make real and give it to the Imaginary Friend doll Became Human The Sims 4 Pets Expansion Pack With New Wold The Sims 4 Pets Expansion Pack console On Xbox 360 And Xbox One and Playstation 2 And Wii And Ds And Pc You Can in Game Create a Yous Pet
  • fakefake Posts: 613 Member
    why graham nardone angry not pool and toddlers :'( Graham Nardone is evil >:) graham nardone not simguru not angry
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I would like to see a small farm pack, and have pets along with it. If they can create a lot of different animals in Zoo Tycoon, I think they can do something in sims 4.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I am so not getting on another Hype Train for something that is not confirmed by EA or Maxis, unless they tell us for Real that Pet's is coming, I am only going to say one thing bout this, ( No Comment ) .
  • alexandra5alexandra5 Posts: 234 Member
    Your ideas are great♥ I hope this this ep is coming next:D
  • ginger170ginger170 Posts: 148 Member
    The Sims 4: Get A Pet, would be an ideal Expansion Pack. But to include more animals, such as; Cats, Dogs, Horses, Rats, Hamsters, Parrots, Birds, Gold Fish, Rabbits. Also I would like to see a Zoo Game Pack or Expansion Pack. Let's hope this becomes reality.
  • alexandra5alexandra5 Posts: 234 Member
    ginger170 wrote: »
    The Sims 4: Get A Pet, would be an ideal Expansion Pack. But to include more animals, such as; Cats, Dogs, Horses, Rats, Hamsters, Parrots, Birds, Gold Fish, Rabbits. Also I would like to see a Zoo Game Pack or Expansion Pack. Let's hope this becomes reality.

Good idea:) But if the Zoo was icluded in the Pets expansion pack that would be great :p
  • jadestormxuejadestormxue Posts: 22 Member
    Its funny I was just thinking about a Zoo being added to the game a couple weeks ago how neat it would be how different. Love to see wild animals. And pets in general it would add so much new life and interactive play into the game :)