Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• rnrameyrnramey Posts: 3,082 Member
    @Me1620 sorry to be a pain but I don't quite understand, is the venue for the old mill by simGuruKitty everything that is needed?! In other words is there any point in buying for Brunch at the old mill when it comes around? (Sorry if this is a stupid question)!

You must buy the Brunch at the Old Mill for those items to show up in the lot from SimGuruKitty. You can't get the items from just downloading the lot. The lot is just a creation using all of the items in the set.
    Call me Regina. My Page Proud member of the "Own the store" club! :D

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • Hayley~BelleHayley~Belle Posts: 786 Member
    edited January 2016
    @rnramey thank you for your quick answer. I understand now and I shall leave my wish list alone lol. Thanks very much :)

I was just wondering are there other lots like that ?! :#

Edited after research ....I understand it now and about the featured looks thanks rnramey x
    Post edited by Hayley~Belle on
    Just a sim-ple pink person
    Thank you to everyone who contributed to helping me own the store X
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
  • amaresityamaresity Posts: 319 Member
    Can't wait for the Al Fresco Street Market tonight!
    @rnramey thank you for your quick answer. I understand now and I shall leave my wish list alone lol. Thanks very much :)

I was just wondering are there other lots like that ?! :#

Edited after research ....I understand it now and about the featured looks thanks rnramey x

You're welcome!

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
  • KtarianKtarian Posts: 314 Member
    @Me1620 If it seems like a good idea... I was thinking you might want to include two more links somewhere. #1 With @ciane 's permission? a link to her lot with nearly all the missing stencils from the various games: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8826621

#2 A link to @MrHawk 's website, where he has recently been re-uploading all the missing terrain paints: http://www.thesimalogue.com/the-sims-3.html (Some of these are quite wonderful, and I know I'm going to have a lot more fun with landscaping now that I have them!)
  • rionismynamerionismyname Posts: 1,154 Member
    edited January 2016
    whoa whoa whoa there are missing terrain paints too I gotta go see this lol
    edited because in my excitement I forgot to say thanks @Ktarian so thanks lol
    I'm a lover not a fighter. I'm a reader not a writer sorry for bad penmanship
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
    @rionismyname Hehe. You're welcome. It's really thanks to @MrHawk though! I first found only the Riverview terrain paints on his site, and then queried him about the others, and so he graciously said he would re-upload the others soon. He's been putting them up one every day or two since then. I don't think he's done yet, so check back later for more!
  • rionismynamerionismyname Posts: 1,154 Member
    edited January 2016
    well my thanks to @MrHawk I had a question trying to get up the nerve to ask it even though I'm not so shy with all of you here I'm still terribly shy with new people lol in case you might know the answer though the question is its not cc right so if someone used one of the terrains on a lot and put it on the exchange like @ciane did with ode to mr hawk (I think that was the name) would it work the same way? or would the terrain show up as a default?
    edited because my darn g doesn't like to work
    Post edited by rionismyname on
    I'm a lover not a fighter. I'm a reader not a writer sorry for bad penmanship
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,994 Member
    edited January 2016
    rnramey wrote: »
    @Me1620 sorry to be a pain but I don't quite understand, is the venue for the old mill by simGuruKitty everything that is needed?! In other words is there any point in buying for Brunch at the old mill when it comes around? (Sorry if this is a stupid question)!

You must buy the Brunch at the Old Mill for those items to show up in the lot from SimGuruKitty. You can't get the items from just downloading the lot. The lot is just a creation using all of the items in the set.

@Hayley~Belle - You are most certainly not a pain for asking a question or asking for clarification. I am glad than rnramey clarified. I was in a rush when I posted. Sorry I was not clearer that the lots were not typical venues but lots designed by an official SimGuru.
    Ktarian wrote: »
    @Me1620 If it seems like a good idea...
    @Ktarian - Excellent idea. I do have the Mr. Hawk's Simalogue linked on Useful Links tab on the spreadsheet, but will absolutely add links to page 1 for both of the sites you recommended. I will add the links to the its own section "Now that You Own the Store". Somewhere in my bookmarks, a few other links to lots with stencil fixes.

Edited - I changed where it would be included
    Post edited by Me1620 on
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    @Me1620 please don't apologise , I was very grateful that you answered and that you took the time to do so. It was my understanding of how the sets etc work, I'm not very technically minded so it takes me a while to grasp things and I forget things easily lol! Then all of a sudden things click into place lol. So thank you again <3
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
  • JaceighJaceigh Posts: 808 Member
    Kudos, Jodi, for hosting the new DD location. It looks lovely! :star:@Me1620

I got back into town last weekend and I'm slowly catching up with everything...so many posts! :flushed:

Happy New Year everyone! :kissing_heart:
    Happy Simming & Green Downloads! :kissing_heart:
    edited November 2017
    Missing Stencils for Store Content and Official SimGuru Lots

Missing Stencils for Store Content
    What is a Missing Stencil
    In 2010, a modder, while looking through store files, noticed extra or hidden stencils that were never enabled for quite a few store objects.
    Joolster describes the missing stencils issue in her thread Did you know you could be missing EP/store content stencils?

Where Can I Find Missing Stencils
    Note: When you are downloading an object to get a missing stencil, you must already own the object for it to appear in your game.

MrHawk has been in the forefront for providing the TS3 community access to these stencils.
    Bily-jednorozec's studio includes many more missing stencils.

Ciane has created two lots, http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8826621, Ode to Mr. Hawk which contains most of MrHawk’s items in one lot, and a second, http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8836005, Ode to MrHawk n Bily which contains MrHawk’s and Bily-jednorozec's unlocked stencils.

Yoteamo, uploaded a lot, Hidden Stencils Unlocked for Pets & Generations which includes stencils unlocked in the Pets and Generations expansion packs.

Tips on Installing Stencils Downloaded with a Lot as Posted by Ciane
    ciane wrote: »
    The dummies guide is:
    1. After installing and placing the lot (and waiting forever for all the objects to fully load), click on those three fountains on the roof one at a time and then let go otherwise they will show up on each floor below. OR simply start on the roof top.
    2. Chose create-a-style for any of the objects. Save it and ACCEPT it (with the checkmark). Then you can delete the object once the preset is included as a choice in your create-a-style options.
    3. Click on the next item and repeat: save and accept in create-a-style (and then delete the item from the lot, NOT from your presets!)
    4. When you have saved every fence, door, doorway, light, etc. and nothing is left on the lot but the walls and floors, you are done. Bulldoze the lot, but keep the download file somewhere safe in case you ever need to do this again.)
    5. You will never have to do this again IF you save the preset file in your sims 3 folder somewhere safe and can then just copy that file into any new folder you start. (IF you have your own presets in game already, you won't be able to simply add this folder to an old game without losing your old presets - recolors and/or Create-A-Patterns.)

Ciane posted:
    ciane wrote: »
    I did a real short easy video for how to save those unlocked stencils to users presets here:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3no1hm_saving-unlocked-stencils-sims-3_videogames

Official SimGuru Lots
    Festival Lots
    The Seasons expansion pack added festival lots to the game. The store team created official EA festival lots for 5 store worlds. The lots are available as a free download from the Exchange. If you don't own the world, the items exclusive to the world will not show up in the festival lot.
    By popular demand, when the store released Brunch at the Old Mill , SimGuruKitty uploaded the lot pictured on the set product page. Please note: As with any download from the Exchange, you must own the objects included in the lot for them to appear in your game. (The Items tab shows which store items are included in the Exchange item.)
    Post edited by Me1620 on

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    @Jaceigh - Thanks and Happy New Year.

• angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    @Me1620 and @rnramey thanks for answering Hayley~Belles question before I could get to it.
    @Jaceigh welcome back and happy new year.
    @Me1620 new update looks good, oh and you can add me to the store owners on page 1 (24th April 2015)
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
    @angeljess26 - Thanks for your comment about the update and thanks for agreeing to post your name on the I Own the Store post.

@Me1620 Awesome! Oh wow, I didn't know there were festival lots for some of the other worlds! I'll have to get those. xD Hee. ^-^
  • missy2311missy2311 Posts: 1,470 Member
    @Devalaous congrats on the free points :)

@Ktarian Thanks for the info about the missing stencils, I will definitely be having a look at them

a.k.a. Catherine

• trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    Hello DD Stalkers,

This list update overlaps a bit with the last update. Sorry about that, but since I left this task up to @angeljess26 all weekend (thanks so much!) I thought I should probably do my share of work today. I spent the weekend dressing as a sim (complete with a plumbob and thought bubbles) at a geek convention - had a great time!

Here are the current and upcoming deals for the next 26 hours. The Al Fresco Street Market comes up at its best discount in about an hour from the time of this post (number 887). Later we see the only appearances of the Killer Classics set (892) and the India Inspirations Collection (900). We will also see the best discount for Practical Al's Kitchen Cart which is part of Bayside. Other than that there are a lot of once-on-the-rotation individual items that are parts of other sets and two individual items that are stand-alone's. One of those is up now: the Blazer Jacket with Hoodie. The other is Hippin' Outfit at number 896. Happy Shopping!!

Current Deal:
    886 ) Blazer Jacket with Hoodie / 35 / 75 / 53% / 2 hours
    Part of: Individual item; not part of any set
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

Upcoming Deals:
    887 ) Al Fresco Street Market / 494 / 1710 / 71% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 294, # 659, # 142)

888 ) Hydrocombo Spa / 23 / 42 / 45% / 2 hours
    Part of: Bayside Bathroom Set; Full Bayside Set; Best of 2010 Collection

889 ) Riding on Horseback Pants / 19 / 75 / 75% / 2 hours
    Part of: Palace of Versailles

890 ) The Boardwalk / 1045 / 1900 / 45% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 694)

891 ) Full Hewnsman Set / 1120 / 1980 / 43% / 2 hours
    Includes: Hewnsman Outdoor Set; Hewnsman Living Room Set; Hewnsman Bedroom Set; Hewnsman Dining Room Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 903, # 826, # 327)

892 ) Killer Classics / 456 / 1188 / 62% / 2 hours
    Part of: January 2012 Compilation (indirectly as all its items are included in the compilation)
    Includes: The Sims Classic- Welcome Back to Three Lakes Set

893 ) BahHaus Immaculate Window / 31 / 100 / 69% / 2 hours
    Part of: BahHaus

894 ) Eleganza Drapes / 41 / 75 / 45% / 2 hours
    Part of: Hewnsman Living Room Set; Full Hewnsman Set

895 ) Practical Al's Kitchen Cart / 8 / 28 / 71% / 2 hours
    Part of: Bayside Kitchen Set; Full Bayside Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 930)

896 ) Hippin' Outfit / 24 / 75 / 68% / 2 hours
    Part of: Individual item; not part of any set

897 ) Drifter's Desire / 648 / 714 / 9% / 2 hours
    Part of: Fortune's Folly Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 33, # 232, # 712, # 577)

898 ) Alvar Retro Trash Receptacle / 20 / 61 / 67% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mid Century Modern Kitchen Marvels; Finest Living, Finest Cooking; December 2011 Compilation Set; Blast From the Past Compilation

This is a one-hour deal
    899 ) The Longest Table / 34 / 61 / 44% / 1 hour
    Part of: Hewnsman Dining Room Set; Full Hewnsman Set; Charmingly Simple Kitchen Collection

900 ) India Inspirations Collection / 799 / 1783 / 55% / 2 hours
    Part of: Best of 2012 Compilation; April 2012 Compilation Set (not directly noted but all its subsets are included)
    Includes: India Inspirations Clothing and Hairstyles; India Inspirations Living Room Set; India Inspirations Bedroom Room Set; India Inspirations Living Room and Bedroom Collection
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @trithone Sounds like a fun convention!! I like the idea of your costume, very creative.
    edited January 2016
    @trithone thank you for the up date, al fresco ticked of my list, waiting patiently (not) for the India inspirations X

Edited so it makes sense ....I was excited about the up coming stuff lol
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
  • angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    @trithone welcome back, glad you had fun this weekend.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
    Kisses @Me1620 :D, thank you thank for your 6:05 post. Especially as I didn't realise that I could have a version of the store worlds. <3
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
  • 23kels8923kels89 Posts: 804 Member
    Thanks for the advice @Me1620 :+1:
    I read her review and it was very helpful - as well as humorous and informative.
    Well, I've talked myself into buying the Venue on the DD.
    That way I could get the venue for a discount, buy (or so I hope) the Gold Version of Roaring Heights and use the 1,900 SimPoints for something else.
    I think I'm still saving SimPoints this way. :smile:

Find me on the Sims 3
    Find me on Origin

edited January 2016
    Bird166 wrote: »
    Thanks @Me1620 I ended up getting it anyway seeing it was such a deal! I'll come back and post once I've put it into my game tonight on whether or not it can be recolored.
    @Bird166 - Botanists Nightmare just happens to be one of the objects with a hidden stencil. http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8108116 and MrHawk labels it as recolorable
    Kisses @Me1620 :D, thank you thank for your 6:05 post. Especially as I didn't realise that I could have a version of the store worlds. <3
    @Hayley~Belle - The DD threads, and many threads on the forum, have been created based on questions asked and suggestions made by Simmers. The information I present in this thread could not be possible without the input of hundreds of people. So, thank you for posting your question. Please keep asking questions, so we can gather the information that is still being sought.

If you have not already, check out PEGASAS1993's thread in which he provides links to store items, sets and Riverview that are free to download. Note: Some of the items are no longer available.

@23kels89 - Since Sims 3 does not get much attention from Origin very often, who can predict when or even if Roaring Heights will go on sale and we have not seen a SimPoint sale in a very long time. (I did purchase the Standard version of RH in February 2014 for $10 off.) I think your plan is a good one, especially if you want the Boardwalk Attire set. You will get a lot of value for the 1900 sp if you plan your purchases around the DD and cascades. I agree with the philosophy that if you are happy with the item and the price, then you have made the right decision. You could pay the current price and have months and months of enjoyment using the item and miss out if you wait for a better price, that may never be offered.

Edited to make the less sentence less jumbled.
    Post edited by Me1620 on

You can add me to the Own the Store list as of June 20, 2015. I don't think I posted about it at the time because of OE stuff happening.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top