Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 question

I have had the Sims 3 for many years and have never had problems with the game. However I reached a point where I deleted it from my computer and moved on to Sims 4. Recently, I had the urge to play Sims 3 again and reinstalled it from the Origin launcher. All seems to be working wekk except I cannot send gifts. When I try to send gifts I receive an error message that tells me my game if not registered and I cannot send gifts. So I went to my profils and reentered the number for the game that I found at Origin and I was told it did not work. Well, I honestly did not expect it to work as I had used it to register the game originally, and all the times I played up to the last deinstall, I was able to send gifts. Now, for some reason, the system does not seem to recognize that the game is already registered and I cannot sent gifts. I can RECEIVE gists but I cannot send them. I can also do everything else in the game.

My next step is to remove all the mods and see if one of them is causing the problem, however, they are mods I have used in the past and never caused a problem.

Any thoughts? Ideas? Thank you.

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Lots of people have reported not being able to send gifts. Check out the Sims 3 Help Center section. For example: here and here.

I think the last thing I read was that the one of the SimGuru's had reported the issue to the 'team'. It may very well have nothing to do with your installation. I doubt mods would interfere with that sort of thing.
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    The gifting is broken I believe that Simgurus already know about it.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    As James has said, SGDrake has been inform and has told me that she will pass onto the team. It did work briefly on Friday but stopped working again on Saturday. I have left a post on Drake's yesterday as well I have also informed her of the Search for Member not working also. Try searching for a member comes up as zero searches even though I am searching for the users names that I know over there. Heck I even tried searching my name and I get the baby in the oven page. So people have also been commenting on how they can't add friends to their list as they want to use simporting but can't find their friends names.
  • Branthor4000Branthor4000 Posts: 140 Member
    Thank you all for your input. Let's hope it is fixed soon. Have a great Sims day!
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I was recently chatting to EA customer services about this and they admitted the exchange was borked and not to try gifting this way, they told me if I wanted to gift it would have to be an Origin product and I would have to add the intended recipient to my Origin friendship list and then I would be able to gift an Origin product, Obviously this only works for expansion packs and games but I notice store points can still be purchased so I am assuming these could be gifted then used to purchase store products by the recipient.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    I'm still on patch 1.67 and just tried to gift a store item to a relative and it behaved the same as it always has. I used sim points I've got from watching ads.