Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugged "Contains New Items!" won't go away?

Comments

• SimstopicsSimstopics Posts: 107 Member
    Going to bump this because I just now got around to going through clicking every single new item and the only one that still says new is Hobbies and Activities but when I click on the tab there's no stars indicting that there's a new item. Hope EA gets this fixed cause its now driving me crazy!
    PS4: InDebtShopaholic, BrokeShopaholic, DaRealShopaholic
    Xbox: BrokeShopaholic
    Steam: BrokeShopaholic
    Origin: Simstopics
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    cpropst11 wrote: »
    Going to bump this because I just now got around to going through clicking every single new item and the only one that still says new is Hobbies and Activities but when I click on the tab there's no stars indicting that there's a new item. Hope EA gets this fixed cause its now driving me crazy!

Hello @cprost11. You may like to also press " me too" on the EA Bug thread was posted in the above post.
  • AmberbbyAmberbby Posts: 29 New Member
    Wow this is Jan of 2016 and I'm seeing the gold new content in my activities tab. Same as other people, when I installed GTW it happened. Then I installed 2 other packs and it was still there. It messes with me sometimes.. Lol I ignore it for the most part buut sometimes I'm like "ooh what new stuff came with the update" and it's not new stuff it's just a bug. Maybe a repair game? I don't know. Hope they get out the kinks soon since the new stuff pack is out they would have some spare time to put out an update that fixes this. Well happy summing. Check out my creations: AMBERBBY0207
  • Reok0Reok0 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited January 2016
    I had this happen to me for a long time, but today I fixed it, this is what I did, I took the ReticulatedSplinesView file downloaded it. Took out the old file and put the new one in and started the game. I saw nothing had change so I left the new file in and put back the old file and started the game. My game started up as if I had just installed all the games for the first time, I went through and clicked all new items and once I got done there were no more new gold stars. Must use bb.showhiddenobjects and bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement to get everything.
  • AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    I made sure to back up the file first, but the steps in the work around work a treat! No more yellow icons for me!
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
    Alistu wrote: »
    I made sure to back up the file first, but the steps in the work around work a treat! No more yellow icons for me!

Hello .
    That is great! :) Thanks for posting about the results of the workaround.
  • shadyladynzshadyladynz Posts: 68 Member
    Update. This problem has been fixed by recent update. One happy Simmer here LOL :)
    0rqatopx73kc_zpsa779gqg6.jpg?t=1509333538
    Update. This problem has been fixed by recent update. One happy Simmer here LOL :)

Hello.
    It is great that the issue has been fixed :)
  • SimCarlexSimCarlex Posts: 349 Member
    Hello, I'm sorry for digging up an old topic, but this bug is back. I just installed "City Living" and the Decorations - Clutter icon remains yellow, even when there aren't any new objects in this category anymore. Has this happened to anyone else?
    I once started a Sims blog called My Sims Pieces (snapshots and stories from the lives of my Sims) and maybe I'll get back to it one day...
    SimCarlex wrote: »
    Hello, I'm sorry for digging up an old topic, but this bug is back. I just installed "City Living" and the Decorations - Clutter icon remains yellow, even when there aren't any new objects in this category anymore. Has this happened to anyone else?

Hello
    Other simmers are also having this issue.
    It would be good to post feedback or press " me too " on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Highlighting-of-new-items-stuck-in-Decorations-Category/m-p/5676330#M29479
  • SimCarlexSimCarlex Posts: 349 Member
    I did that before posting here, thank you for the suggestion :)
    I once started a Sims blog called My Sims Pieces (snapshots and stories from the lives of my Sims) and maybe I'll get back to it one day...
    SimCarlex wrote: »
    I did that before posting here, thank you for the suggestion :)

That is good :) Crinrict had merged your post in with the new AHQ EA thread that has been started since the release of City Living.
  • Gabbi777Gabbi777 Posts: 11 New Member
    Hey guys! If anyone still has the issues with the new items, just an hour ago I found a thread somewhere about this issue and someone had a solution that worked for me. My problem was in "kids' room", "clutter". Open the cheat console and type testingcheats true, then bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement and then in the "clutter" section look for an item named "direct from the fans" and check all its colors, there are four of them and the last two are listed as new items. After that the golden flag was gone in my game. Hope it works for everyone who still has the issue.
    Gabbi777 wrote: »
    Hey guys! If anyone still has the issues with the new items, just an hour ago I found a thread somewhere about this issue and someone had a solution that worked for me. My problem was in "kids' room", "clutter". Open the cheat console and type testingcheats true, then bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement and then in the "clutter" section look for an item named "direct from the fans" and check all its colors, there are four of them and the last two are listed as new items. After that the golden flag was gone in my game. Hope it works for everyone who still has the issue.

Hello :) Welcome to the forums!
    It was very kind,helpful, and thoughtful of you to post the workaround.
    > @rosemow said:
    > Gabbi777 wrote: »
    >
    > Hey guys! If anyone still has the issues with the new items, just an hour ago I found a thread somewhere about this issue and someone had a solution that worked for me. My problem was in "kids' room", "clutter". Open the cheat console and type testingcheats true, then bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement and then in the "clutter" section look for an item named "direct from the fans" and check all its colors, there are four of them and the last two are listed as new items. After that the golden flag was gone in my game. Hope it works for everyone who still has the issue.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello :) Welcome to the forums!
    > It was very kind,helpful, and thoughtful of you to post the workaround.

Thanks. I just got the Parenthood pack today and I thought I should solve that issue once and for all. But now I have another problem: I'm trying to get one of my sims to write in the journal but everytime I get a notification saying that my sim can't find a chair and table surface to do that activity although she was sitting on a chair in front of a table. Also, whenever I try to place the journal on a table it says that the object doesn't fit in the slot. How can I use the journal?
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > Hey guys! If anyone still has the issues with the new items, just an hour ago I found a thread somewhere about this issue and someone had a solution that worked for me. My problem was in "kids' room", "clutter". Open the cheat console and type testingcheats true, then bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement and then in the "clutter" section look for an item named "direct from the fans" and check all its colors, there are four of them and the last two are listed as new items. After that the golden flag was gone in my game. Hope it works for everyone who still has the issue.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello :) Welcome to the forums!
    > It was very kind,helpful, and thoughtful of you to post the workaround.

Thanks. I just got the Parenthood pack today and I thought I should solve that issue once and for all. But now I have another problem: I'm trying to get one of my sims to write in the journal but everytime I get a notification saying that my sim can't find a chair and table surface to do that activity although she was sitting on a chair in front of a table. Also, whenever I try to place the journal on a table it says that the object doesn't fit in the slot. How can I use the journal?

Hello
    You need to have her use it at a desk with a desk chair.
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > Gabbi777 wrote: »
    > >
    > > Hey guys! If anyone still has the issues with the new items, just an hour ago I found a thread somewhere about this issue and someone had a solution that worked for me. My problem was in "kids' room", "clutter". Open the cheat console and type testingcheats true, then bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement and then in the "clutter" section look for an item named "direct from the fans" and check all its colors, there are four of them and the last two are listed as new items. After that the golden flag was gone in my game. Hope it works for everyone who still has the issue.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello :) Welcome to the forums!
    > > It was very kind,helpful, and thoughtful of you to post the workaround.
    >
    > Thanks. I just got the Parenthood pack today and I thought I should solve that issue once and for all. But now I have another problem: I'm trying to get one of my sims to write in the journal but everytime I get a notification saying that my sim can't find a chair and table surface to do that activity although she was sitting on a chair in front of a table. Also, whenever I try to place the journal on a table it says that the object doesn't fit in the slot. How can I use the journal?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > You need to have her use it at a desk with a desk chair.
    It still says that the object doesn't fit the slot.
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > Hey guys! If anyone still has the issues with the new items, just an hour ago I found a thread somewhere about this issue and someone had a solution that worked for me. My problem was in "kids' room", "clutter". Open the cheat console and type testingcheats true, then bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement and then in the "clutter" section look for an item named "direct from the fans" and check all its colors, there are four of them and the last two are listed as new items. After that the golden flag was gone in my game. Hope it works for everyone who still has the issue.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello :) Welcome to the forums!
    > > It was very kind,helpful, and thoughtful of you to post the workaround.
    >
    > Thanks. I just got the Parenthood pack today and I thought I should solve that issue once and for all. But now I have another problem: I'm trying to get one of my sims to write in the journal but everytime I get a notification saying that my sim can't find a chair and table surface to do that activity although she was sitting on a chair in front of a table. Also, whenever I try to place the journal on a table it says that the object doesn't fit in the slot. How can I use the journal?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > You need to have her use it at a desk with a desk chair.
    It still says that the object doesn't fit the slot.

Try placing the new teen writing desk in the room and see if you still have the issue.
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > Gabbi777 wrote: »
    > > >
    > > > Hey guys! If anyone still has the issues with the new items, just an hour ago I found a thread somewhere about this issue and someone had a solution that worked for me. My problem was in "kids' room", "clutter". Open the cheat console and type testingcheats true, then bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement and then in the "clutter" section look for an item named "direct from the fans" and check all its colors, there are four of them and the last two are listed as new items. After that the golden flag was gone in my game. Hope it works for everyone who still has the issue.
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hello :) Welcome to the forums!
    > > > It was very kind,helpful, and thoughtful of you to post the workaround.
    > >
    > > Thanks. I just got the Parenthood pack today and I thought I should solve that issue once and for all. But now I have another problem: I'm trying to get one of my sims to write in the journal but everytime I get a notification saying that my sim can't find a chair and table surface to do that activity although she was sitting on a chair in front of a table. Also, whenever I try to place the journal on a table it says that the object doesn't fit in the slot. How can I use the journal?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello
    > > You need to have her use it at a desk with a desk chair.
    > It still says that the object doesn't fit the slot.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Try placing the new teen writing desk in the room and see if you still have the issue.

I still have the issue. I even restarted the game. Can young adults use the journal? Maybe that's the real issue.
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > >
    > > > Hey guys! If anyone still has the issues with the new items, just an hour ago I found a thread somewhere about this issue and someone had a solution that worked for me. My problem was in "kids' room", "clutter". Open the cheat console and type testingcheats true, then bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement and then in the "clutter" section look for an item named "direct from the fans" and check all its colors, there are four of them and the last two are listed as new items. After that the golden flag was gone in my game. Hope it works for everyone who still has the issue.
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hello :) Welcome to the forums!
    > > > It was very kind,helpful, and thoughtful of you to post the workaround.
    > >
    > > Thanks. I just got the Parenthood pack today and I thought I should solve that issue once and for all. But now I have another problem: I'm trying to get one of my sims to write in the journal but everytime I get a notification saying that my sim can't find a chair and table surface to do that activity although she was sitting on a chair in front of a table. Also, whenever I try to place the journal on a table it says that the object doesn't fit in the slot. How can I use the journal?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello
    > > You need to have her use it at a desk with a desk chair.
    > It still says that the object doesn't fit the slot.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Try placing the new teen writing desk in the room and see if you still have the issue.

I still have the issue. I even restarted the game. Can young adults use the journal? Maybe that's the real issue.

Young Adults can use the journal. Try testing with another household in your game, and see if the remains. Try also testing in a new save game .

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > >
    > > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > > Gabbi777 wrote: »
    > > > >
    > > > > Hey guys! If anyone still has the issues with the new items, just an hour ago I found a thread somewhere about this issue and someone had a solution that worked for me. My problem was in "kids' room", "clutter". Open the cheat console and type testingcheats true, then bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement and then in the "clutter" section look for an item named "direct from the fans" and check all its colors, there are four of them and the last two are listed as new items. After that the golden flag was gone in my game. Hope it works for everyone who still has the issue.
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > Hello :) Welcome to the forums!
    > > > > It was very kind,helpful, and thoughtful of you to post the workaround.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks. I just got the Parenthood pack today and I thought I should solve that issue once and for all. But now I have another problem: I'm trying to get one of my sims to write in the journal but everytime I get a notification saying that my sim can't find a chair and table surface to do that activity although she was sitting on a chair in front of a table. Also, whenever I try to place the journal on a table it says that the object doesn't fit in the slot. How can I use the journal?
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hello
    > > > You need to have her use it at a desk with a desk chair.
    > > It still says that the object doesn't fit the slot.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Try placing the new teen writing desk in the room and see if you still have the issue.
    >
    > I still have the issue. I even restarted the game. Can young adults use the journal? Maybe that's the real issue.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Young Adults can use the journal. Try testing with another household in your game, and see if the remains. Try also testing in a new save game .
    >
    > If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there

Thanks a lot for the tips. It was just a bug/glitch. It got fixed when I applied the latest patch. But Now I have a different issue, something that never happened before and I see a lot of people complaining about it. I noticed that my main female sim is wearing a bra when she is nude. I jus noticed tonight. I did some research, someone said that the nomosaic mod was updated to work with the new version of the game that includes toddlers. I realised that I didn't have the latest version of the mod so I got it but I still have the issue. I'm about to try another mod that I found that supposedly will temporary fix this issue. Any suggestions anyone?
    Hello @Gabbi777
    If you use MC Command Center mod, it can temporarily fix the issue. When your sim is showering, click on the sim, click on mc dresser, then click on "clean outfit".
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @Gabbi777
    > If you use MC Command Center mod, it can temporarily fix the issue. When your sim is showering, click on the sim, click on mc dresser, then click on "clean outfit".

I don't use the MC Command Center but I tested the other mod I found and it works. Thank you anyways :)
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @Gabbi777
    > If you use MC Command Center mod, it can temporarily fix the issue. When your sim is showering, click on the sim, click on mc dresser, then click on "clean outfit".

I don't use the MC Command Center but I tested the other mod I found and it works. Thank you anyways :)

It is good that the other mod is helping with the issue :)